Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

He laughed a bit. "Oh sure I caught YOU off guard. I only learned from the pro here." He gave her forehead a kiss.

His eyes were locked on hers until she kissed him again. Jake never told a girl he loved her before and he'd be lying if he said he wasn't a bit bummed she didn't say it back. She wasn't the only one putting themselves out there. Jake gave her a small kiss before letting her up trying to not let her notice it bothered him. Truth was he felt kind of stupid for saying it so quick figuring she didn't feel the same.

"Can I put the furniture back or are you planning on beating me up again?" He looked around the living room.

"I'll beat you up again, some other time." She smiled at him and waited for him to get off.

She sat up and put her shirt back on. She picked up her shorts and put them in his room. While she was in the back she made a note to call Affliction so she wouldn't forget. She walked back out to the living room and sat on the couch with him again.

She leaned against him and laced her hand with his. She kissed the back of it and closed her eyes. She just wanted a little rest but she ended up falling asleep against him.

Jake let her sleep as they sat together. It was hard for him to just sit there though cause his head just started spinning. He felt like they finally made progress in their relationship. He opened up to her and realized she was here for him. Maybe he was wrong. Maybe she was just doing her job.

He looked at her a moment and got up carefully as he picked her up to carry her to his bed so she would be more comfortable. Once he got to his bed he laid her down and placed the blankets over her. He went into the bathroom to get ready for bed.

Jake needed to not let this whole 'I love you' thing get to him. He knew he should have waited but now he needed to just focus on Diaz. The first instinct he had was to run, and put up his wall again. How did he protect himself and not do that?

She felt him pick her up and then set her onto the bed. She curled up under the confers and fell deeper into sleep.

When she woke up the next morning, she went straight to her phone to call Affliction they kept sending her to different people but she finally got in contact with the lawyer that held Jake's contract. She made sure he could give away the shirts with out breaching his contract. It was allowed but Affliction wanted to write the check in Jake's so it made them look good.

When that was over she called Luke and asked if he wanted to see Jake. He said he wasn't going to deny another session with Jake but Jake needed to rest tomorrow before the fight.

The last thing he needed to do was pick which shirts he kept and which he donated. She tracked the package and it wouldn't get to them until the afternoon.

Jake went back into his room and laid down staying to his side of the bed and fell asleep.

He slept past when Adri got up and just rolled over to steal more of the bed once she was up. He moved onto his stomach and snuggled into the pillow.

Once she tried to wake him up he kind of just ignored her at first then shook his head no. "Nope. I'm sleeping in. I didn't get to fall asleep early like you did." He didn't even open his eyes to look at her.

She walked to the back to wake Jake up but he was content on getting sleep. "Believe it or not you can sleep in today. Luke said you can come over if you feel need the extra help. Tomorrow he doesn't want to see you though. You need to rest up before the big fight." She kissed his temple and let him get some sleep.

She only went back to get him when the box arrived. It was a lot bigger than she was expecting. She cut open the top and went to the back.

"Alright sweetie pie now you have to get up. Your box is here. It's present time. It's like Christmas!" She got on her knees on the bed and started to jump. "Come on. You got approved to donate the shirts. But he said you might not want to donate them once you see them. Whatever that means." She pulled the covers back and rubbed his muscular back.

"If you don't get up I'll just have to open it myself, I guess."

He groaned when she started jumping up and down. "I wanted to donate my older shirts to make room for the new ones." He reached out and grabbed her pulling her down and tickling her. "You're not opening my box without me. My name was one it, that is a felony opening someone else's mail." He got up tossing the pillow at her.

Jake's stomach growled. "Is there food?" He smiled a bit. "Or did you wake me up without food."

He walked to the kitchen to see the box on the counter. "You did open my mail. You felon." He smiled and opened the box, looking in he froze. "Adri..." He pulled a shirt out and held it up showing her the 'Team Daniels' on the shirt. "I have my own shirt Adriana." He smiled at her as he just stood there looking at it. It took him a bit before he started looking through the rest of the box looking at the other designs. "Babe..." He held up a shirt just for her. "I think this is yours." He kept smiling bigger as he went through the whole box. "Wow..."

"If you don't get out of bed I'm donating all of the new ones." She threatened. She laughed when he pulled her down and tickled her. "I work for you. I get to open your mail. I'm pretty sure it's in my contract." She stuck her tongue out at him and sat up.

"I will make you food. I woke you up with a box of clothes." She smiled at him and got out of the bed. She made it quickly and then walked to the kitchen to get started on breakfast while he opened the box completely.

"I opened it. I didn't look at what was in it though." She said as she cracked the eggs. She noticed him tense up, "Don't tell me it's the wrong box." She said softly and walked over as he pulled the shirt out. He seemed to light up when he showed her the shirt. She smiled at him, "That's amazing, babe." She went back to the kitchen to continue cooking. She finished the eggs when he pulled out her shirt.

"They sent me a shirt?!" She beamed with joy. "I'm so happy for you." She popped a bagel into the toaster and walked over to him. "That's all you've been through this is a big box babe." She laughed and kissed him. She pulled out another small package and took the liberty of opening it herself. "Ooh long sleeve." She held it up to her body and showed it to him. It was a nice fleece shirt with 'Drifter' written down the side. "I might have to keep this one." She winked at him and set in the pile with the others.

"Yeah and who has that contract?" He smiled at her playfully.

Jake kissed her back. "Thanks babe." He smiled at her. She seemed genuinely happy for him. He laughed when she pulled out one she wanted for herself. "You can have it." He looked everything over with nothing but a smile on his face. She could tell she was in heaven when he forgot about his stomach.

"Babe...I need you to call them. I need two shirts. I don't care what two. But I need two more in any of these designs." He looked them over wondering how he would ever pick what to wear to weigh ins and the fight. "And please please tell them thank you or...I maybe I should talk to them."

"I know what I'm sleeping in tonight." She said happily. She set breakfast down and watched him look over the clothes.

She frowned slightly but then remembered that he had a mother and sister out there somewhere. She smiled at him, "Two shirts coming up." She picked up her phone and made the call. She looked over the shirts to decide which one. She finally picked the one with Jake's face and name on it and another with just his name on it. She made sure to thank them for Jake and for her shirt as well. It was a pleasant surprise.

She hung up the phone and looked at him, "They are going to send them tonight. Maybe tomorrow morning." She smiled at him and kissed his cheek, "And just think one day it's going to say 'Drake the Drifter; Champion'."

"Tomorrow is fine. There is no rush for them babe. Thank you for calling." He started to eat but would eat a bite between looking through the shirts. "I can't pick babe...." He looked up when she mentioned champion. He smiled. "Thanks babe." He kissed her softly. She really did think he could be champion and having him in his coI rner made him happy.

"Which do you think I should wear? I don't think I want to wear a shirt with my own face on it...at least not to come out to kick Diaz's ass in or weigh ins. I kind of like the one with wings. But what color did you want to wear to the fight? Wait. Babe where are the shorts?" He looked around but hadn't seen any of the shorts anywhere. "I don't have shorts here. And no I'm fighting naked or in my underwear get that out of your head." He smiled at her.

The two shirts were for his mom and sister. Truth was he was half tempted to self deliver them and bring Adri with him.

She looked over all of the shirts. "We can lay them out, after you eat, and pick." She picked up his plate and handed it to him. If he didn't eat now he would be hangry later and she didn't want to deal with it.

"I'm probably going to wear the shirt they sent and some shorts or jeans." She shrugged her shoulder. "I have to go home to get clothes anyways. I'll find something to wear. Or I'll just go shopping. I could use some new shoes." She smiled at him. "Eat."

She started to spread all of the shirts out and look for the shorts. She opened her mouth and closed it when he told her he wasn't fighting naked. "I'm sure they are here some where." She checked the box again but it was empty. She looked on the front porch but there wasn't anything there. "Do you have old shorts? Just in case? Some you haven't worn before."

She picked up her phone again and checked for the package delivery time. "It says it's been delivered. That doesn't make any sense. It's probably one truck still." She rubbed her lips together and looked for a number for the driver. "He will see it and bring it back in no time. Alright? Don't stress out about it. And if he doesn't then you will wear a pair you haven't worn before or the pair you wore last time...if I can find them."

He took his plate and sat back to eat when she got after him again to. "Okay... okay I'm eating. Thought you didn't need more shoes? But the idea of you in some tight jeans and my shirt...very sexy." He grinned at her as he ate.

"Yeah don't sweat it. Just let them know I didn't get it but yeah I have stuff to wear." He was weirdly cool about not having shorts to wear. Truth was Jake had enough shorts to wear if they never sent him another pair to wear. "Thanks for breakfast beautiful." He kissed her cheek and looked over the shirts.

"I like black and green shirt. I swear I have shorts that match it. They would probably look pretty sick together. Which shirt you thinking?" He looked at her.

"I don't need them. I want them though and I get paid tomorrow so I'm treating myself. Unless you wanted to treat me instead?" She smiled at him and shook her head. "Don't worry about it. But if you wanted to come with me and tell me what looks good, I won't turn you down."

She walked over to him and touched his forehead with the back of her hand, "Are you feeling alright? Do you need some more sleep?" She teased. "I don't know who you are but I like this version of you." She kissed his forehead.

"I like the black and green. My shirt is black so I can find some green shorts or green shoes. That might be cute." She shrugged her shoulder.

He nodded a bit. "Alright I'll go with you." He smiled at the idea. He figured it would be fun to help pick out her outfit.

Jake rolled his eyes as she checked his temperature. "I'm fine. I'm happy." He pulled her into his lap when she kissed his head. "This is what I'm like happy..." He hadn't been happy very much in his life but he was starting to really get there.

The next day he went shopping with her and helped her pick out her outfit and it was nice. He also got a nice pair of jeans to wear for the weigh ins and a pair of shoes for himself. The night before weigh ins he was laying in bed at his place with her. He was on his side facing her. His fingertips ran up and down her arm. They laid in the dark and had been talking a bit about the fight and some other things going on but for a few minutes it was quiet.

"Adri can I ask you something? I'm okay with you not saying it back...but did I jump the gun a bit with telling you how I feel? Or was it because of how angry I got earlier in the day? Or something else I did?" He looked at her searching her face.

"I'm glad you're happy." She smiled at him she kissed his forehead.

They did a little shopping and she got some shorts for the fight day and weigh in. She figured she could wear his shirt to the weigh in and then wear the new sparkly shorts she bought for the actual fight. She also both some new shoes. She saw a pair of all leather converse that she had to have and then she got a pair of pumps to add to the collection.

That night they followed Luke's orders and relaxed at home. She made a light dinner with some salmon and they watched a little tv. When they got bored they went to his room and laid down to talk and to just be together. It was nice and peaceful.

She nodded her head to him asking her a question. She looked at his chest and rubbed her lips together. It was a fair question, she guessed. "I was in love once. I thought I met the perfect guy. I thought I was going to marry him. He was perfect. He met my family and they loved him too. Then one day I got a phone call from a woman and it turns out that he lied to me. He had a wife. He had kids. He had everything I wanted to give him. I guess I should have seen the signs but I thought he was perfect. I never would have imagined that I was the other woman. It broke my heart but I had to let him go."

She shrugged her shoulder, "I guess I'm waiting to find your flaw or find out that you have someone with someone else. I can't say it yet. I can't give my self to you yet. I want too more than anything but I can't yet." She said softly and rubbed his cheek.

He nodded a bit before kissing her shoulder. "It explains why you want to know my past. About my family. I actually wanted to ask you if you wanted to come with me to go see my family. After the fight it will probably be a bit before they throw me into another fight so I want to go see them. I want to hand deliver the shirts to them. I want to see their faces when I give them a shirt with my name on it. Our name one it actually." He smiled a bit.

His fingers kept moving up and down her arm. "Baby you know my flaw. It's my past, my anger." He looked her in the eyes. "You know I'd never hurt you right? You do know that right?" He meant it too. He would never lay a finger on her and would rather get punch in his face a million times then cause her any pain. Any pain at all.

They just laid together awhile before falling asleep. The next day he started his routine for weigh ins and Adri was on top of everything like always and he loved it. She fit into it perfectly. He went to bed early the night before and snuggled up to her in his sleep. This was a huge fight and he had to win. He was getting nervous before he went to bed. Almost too nervous to sleep or felt the need to throw up.

Adri smiled and a nodded her head, "I'd love that. It's your name. I only work for it." She sighed and shook her head, "I can work with that. You have a right to be angry. I'd be angry too." She pursed her lips, "He said the same thing, Jake. And as much as I want to believe you I can't let myself do it again." She said softly.

She wrapped her arms around him and fell asleep like that. She loved him, she truly did but it scared her to jump into another relationship. She didn't want to see her future with him only to have him break it apart.

The day of the fight was hectic as usual. She made sure she packed double of everything in the little cooler she bought for him. His shorts didn't arrive so he had to wear his old new ones. Getting there that was his only mishap. She got a text for the carrier that his package was dropped off when they wear at the octogon getting ready for the fight. Other than that it was a pretty easy start to the day.

As they got closer to the fight time she felt her stomach knot up. She tried to be calm around Jake so she didn't freak him out with it but the nerves were there. She decided after they looked at his binder of injuries that she would sit out front to support him. If push came to shove and she couldn't stand it she would move to the back and watch on a TV monitor.

He let out a little. "Adri, I don't know the first think about being in a relationship so I know that doesn't help me out any. But I know how I feel and it should count for something that I never told anyone I love them besides my sister and mother. I also told you about them. Luke doesn't even know..." He wasn't mad he just didn't know how to convince her that he had a lot at stake too. He never did this before and could get hurt just as easily. He is putting himself out there for the first time and it could backfire in his face.

Jake wanted to ride together to the fight. He honestly felt like doing everything together. He didn't like being away from her which was new and different to him. Jake was sitting there getting taped up before Adri went out to sit out front. "Hey...get over here..." Once she walked over to him he kissed her softly. "I wanted a good luck kiss." He smiled at her. "I'll see you after?"

Once she left he started to get focused for the fight. He had his headphones in since they left, at least one ear bud. His legs couldn't sit still. He was ready to go and wanted to kick some ass. Jake went over a few combos with Luke as he got ready and got lose.

When it was time for him to come out they introduced Diaz first. As Jake waited to go out, he had on his shirt and shorts, Luke just went over last minute stuff for him to remember except he started to zone him out as he heard his entrance song play. He started to walk out and his mindset was completely different then Ray's fight. Jake seemed more relaxed the announcers on tv even commented on the differences in his music selection. As he walked out he glanced over to Adri. He stopped at the entrance of the Octagon and took his shirt off and waited for Luke to do put the Vaseline on. Jake got it and went to his side and just paced back and forth as he shook his arms out. When they announced him he did put his right fist up in the air and glanced back over at Adri.

Afro walked over when she was called and she kissed him back. "Of course. Kick some ass." She smiled at him and kissed his forehead again before walking out to the VIP area.

She watched Diaz walk out and he looked around the same build and height as Jake which made her nervous. Unlike Ray, Diaz didn't run around the ring. He got in and he was focused. Nothing seemed to pull him out of his mood. Not even when Jake's music started to play. She smiled when he glanced at her and cheered when they announced his name. She sent a silent prayer to the heavens and the bell rang.

Her heart stopped every time Diaz threw a punch that Jake couldn't defend against. It seemed like after every punch Diaz backed away before going back in. The first few punches didn't connect to anything but a few of them got Jake in the ear or the side of his face.

Adri didn't want Jake to look over and not see her sitting there so she stuck it out. There wasn't a lot of blood and she needed to get prepared for the worst. He was going to fight to become champion. Odds were he was going to lose at some point. As much as she wanted him too, he couldn't win them all.

Diaz got a few good punches in and then Jake got a couple in as well but they didn't seem to do the damage like Diaz's did. Then after the few punches Diaz shot on Jake but Jake defended the take down. "Good Job Jake...keep it up." Luke yelled from the corner. Then Diaz started moving him to the fence. "Jake keep of the fence." Jake tried to listen to Luke but he was trying to defend the punches and knees Diaz was throwing him. Next thing he knew his back was against the fence. "Damn it Jake get off the fence. Get out of there!" Luke kept yelling. Diaz got a good knee to Jake's rib and a nice punch to his nose that caused some instant blood from Jake.

Then Jake got the take down on Diaz. Luke cheered and then started yelling orders on what to do. Jake tried to follow what he was being told but he was in fight instinct where he had to use his own knowledge to get out of situations. Then next thing Jake knew Diaz had him in an armbar. Jake tried to get out of it but he had him in a good lock. Luke was saying under his breath for Jake to tap but he knew he wouldn't. Jake could stand up as Diaz's grip was loosening. Jake heard the noise signal for only a few more seconds. Once he got his footing he lifted Diaz off the mat and slammed onto his back. Diaz let go right before the bell.

Jake was relieved as he could have easily lost that round. He tried to catch his breath as he put his hands on his hips and walked to his corner. Jake came in with water and another trainer. "What did I tell you?" "Stay off the fence." "You didn't listen...Stay off the fence Jake. Keep your hands up. Next time when you get him down get him in a submission before he can get you in one." Jake's adrenaline was pumping and he couldn't feel the pain in his elbow. "If he gets you...tap Jake it's not worth breaking something." He just looked at him as he got water.

Adri gasped when she saw the blood pouring out of Luke's nose. She called for a medic to be in the back and see him immediately after the fight. She wanted him cleaned up before he saw him but at the same time she wanted to be by his side right after the fight. He would probably be looking for her. She would hate to let him down after the fight. Thankfully the bell signaled the end of that round and they went to their separate corners.

Diaz was seemingly unhurt and his trainer kept telling him to get Jake back on the fence to knock him out. Adri sat in her chair and rubbed her temples. She didn't want to see what Jake looked like when he lost. He just got a name with his shirt on it. She didn't want him to go home feeling like a loser.

The next round started and she ordered a drink to get her through it. Nothing too hard just something to get the edge off, at least a little bit. When the drink was in her hand she looked at the ring and watched the next round. She softly said, "Come on Jake." To cheer him on and get him the win. Over the roar of the crowd she was impossible to hear. "Please let him win." She prayed.

Before he knew it Luke was out of the Octagon and the bell rang again. Jake tried to focus and got a couple nice hits in but Diaz returned each one it seemed with a good one as well. He ended up cutting Jake's eye but Jake busted Diaz's lip. Then they were up against the fence again and Luke started yelling at Jake.

Jake tried to block him again and it seemed to be going the same exact way the first round went. Then he took two bad knees to his ribs but somehow he got a good punch in on Diaz and got away from the fence. His adrenaline was pumping again and he got him in the take down. They seemed to not being doing too much on the mat and then the round was over. Diaz seemed to just be wearing Jake out.

Luke got on him between rounds again about the fence. He just tried to breathe and he was one of the only few people who worked on his cardio as much as Diaz did and both guys seemed to be a bit tired.

The third round started off with both of them exchanging punches again. Then it was like Jake got his third wind and got Diaz on the take down. If anything, if it went to score cards Jake got a good take down each round. But Diaz landed cleaner hits. Luke yelled his directions. Before long Jake was moving around Diaz and got his arm in a lock and he kept putting pressure on it then he felt it popped and Diaz tapped quickly. The ref pushed Jake off Diaz. Jake got up relieved and with his fist in the air and then pumped it in the air but he was concerned for Diaz but got out of the way so his trainers could come in. It was obvious Jake was exhausted and hurting.

Adri went to the ring and waited for the Diaz's team to get in there first to see him. Then she had another medic to see Jake. His nose needed to be dealt with roeferrabky before they announced him as the winner and got a camera in his face. There as blood on the mat and there was some on his chest from where is dripped from his nose. He would need some stitches but it wasn't broken that he could tell.

Once Diaz got his arm back in place the announcer called them over and announced Jake as the winner. Once that was over the TV people did a quick interview asking Jake how he felt about the fight and what not and then he was allowed to leave the ring.

Leaving was much harder than coming in but the people that wanted Jake's attention knew the deal. They handed their briefs to Adri and she would give them to Jake. She made sure she had each one so they wouldn't be disturbed before she walked into the locker room. She sat the stack down and looked at Jake. She walked over to him and pressed her lips against his. "You scared me for a bit but you did a good job." She rubbed his cheek and moved out of the way so the medic could do his job.

The medic noticed Jake was favoring one side more than the other and he pressed aging each rib until he figured out which ones hurt. Adri held her hand out for Jake to squeeze if it hurt too much while the medic pushed to see if they were broken or fractured. Broken meant a trip to the hospital. Luckily they weren't broken. He got a good prescription for pain meds and was told to relax for a few days to let them heal.

"That was a great fight Jake." Adri told him. "A little long for my tastes but you won. Are ready for this after party or do you want to go see Diaz and make sure he's alright?"

Once he was announced the winner he put his fist up in the air before shaking Diaz's hand and gave him a small man hug. They both told the other they had a good fight then he went over for his interview. When the guy asked how he felt about the fight he put his hands on his hips and shook his head, still trying to catch his breath.

"That wasn't the best fight I had. Diaz is a good fighter and honestly he had me in some tough situations and probably should have come out on top but I just got lucky. I need to train a bit harder for the next fight."

"What was going through your head when he got you in that armbar there?"

He chuckled a bit. "Not to lose or tap out. And then I heard the que the round was almost up and I just kept praying for the round to be over."

"Now you completely dislocated his shoulder, was that what you were trying to do?"

"No of course not. I just was trying to win. I have nothing but respect for Nick Diaz. He's an amazing fighter and honestly he was my toughest fight so far. I love how him and I are so alike by coming out here and not trying to put on a show we just come out here focused and ready to fight. I honestly hope he is okay."

He thanked them for the interview then exited the octagon to head back to his locker room. When she entered Luke was taking his gloves and tape off. When she walked over to him Luke took a small break to let Jake see Adri. Jake smiled at her and kissed her back. "Thanks baby. I didn't mean to scare you."

Jake held her hand but didn't squeeze it as the medic was looking him over. "I'm gonna shower quick and get the blood off me. Then I want to check on Diaz. What for me?" He kissed her before going to shower. It took him a bit with his ribs hurting then that was when he noticed his elbow was hurting him too. Luke looked at Adri, "You need to talk him into learning to tapout. He's gonna end breaking something or worse." He started to clean up some of the equipment.

Jake came out and tried to get dressed and just winced in pain from his elbow.

Back
Top Bottom