Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

"I'm sure Vegas as a big market for MMa style gyms. You wouldn't have to move, if you didn't want too." She shrugged her shoulder. "Luke would probably want to continue working for you at your gym. There si no way you are moving away from him even when you're done working."

She thought it was going great until she asked about his family and then he got tense and quiet. He took his hand away from hers and pretty much retreated into the shell she hadn't seen since she started working for him. She put her hand in her lap and the other twirled her glass of wine around on the table.

She rubbed her lips together, "Hopefully it's not too busy of a day tomorrow. I just have to call a few people and set up the interviews and training sessions and what not. I have a feeling it is going to be a busy week for the two of us though." He would be training and doing interviews and photoshoots and she would have to make sure he was the happy Jake and not the grumpy Jake that liked to emerge when things didn't go his way.

Jake nodded a bit. "Yeah. That's why I liked taking a day off because the week following a fight is pretty busy. But we shouldn't worry about work tonight. Let's enjoy or night off. We're here celebrating not planning our route of attack for tomorrow." He smiled at her.

"You asked about me if I'd want to move, what about you? What would you do after I retire? Pick up another fighter I assume?" Jake smiled, he didn't mean pick up as in date, but pick up like to be their assistant. "Or would you come work for me? There has to be a point and time where you get sick of me. I can't believe you survived this long." He smiled again and took a drink.

Jake tried to keep the date going and not be too awkward because he didn't want to talk about his family. He kept it all to himself this long he wasn't sure if he was ready to share that. He tried hard not to take the questions personally but more because she was getting to know the man sitting in front of him. He tried not to clam up too hard. He felt a bit bad it was up to her to slowly get rid of the wall he has built so high.

Maybe he should bail and save her the trouble. The girl he did end up with didn't have an easy road ahead of her.

Talking about work was easy for them. It was her fail safe because he loved talking about fighting. She messed up and she went to that, like always. When he smiled at her, she felt a little bit better. "I'm always planning our route of attack." She said honestly.

"I like challenges and you have certainly been one. You still are in fact." She shrugged her shoulder, "Depends on how old I am when you are done. If I am young enough to keep up with another fighter I will or I will go back to modeling but not the type I did before you." She shrugged her shoulder, "Or if you were hiring I would probably be your receptionist. If you chose me, that is."

Dates, to her, meant getting to know the person across from you but he shut down any time she tried. She couldn't use her fail safe because he asked her not too. She was glad when their food came to fill up the awkward silence. A part of her wanted to take this as a cue that she really shouldn't be dating her boss but the other part wanted to try. If she didn't try then he would never let any one in.

Jake thought about what she was saying. He knew he was difficult. He didn't mean to be, but he knew he was. "I'm sorry I'm hard to work for. I would definitely hire you. Hell even once I retire doesn't mean I won't need an assistant. If I'm training fighters I may need you to help with my schedule and other events." He smiled at her a bit. If they got together he didn't know how he would feel if she went back to modeling. He didn't want a bunch of horny guys looking at his girl.

"You know one of my dreams now, or technically a couple. What are some of your dreams? What do you want? Do you ever see yourself getting married, having kids? Or does it depend on what your hard ass boss allows you to do?" He laughed a bit. Jake deep down did want the whole family life. But was it wise to? What if he got angry at his wife? She would have to be someone who could keep him calm, like Adri did. Kids, that was one of his soft spots.

He felt like if he could let anyone in into his past it would be Adri but he wasn't sure how or when the right time would be. Technically, she only has worked for him a short time. How did he know she wasn't just trying to get information out of him to sell to the media. People did that. He didn't think Adri was like that but, you never knew. His phone went off from a text. "Sorry..." He pulled it out from his pocket and checked it, he replied to the person, turned the phone down to vibrate and put it back in his pocket. Even though the text tone didn't go off, it still vibrated in his pocket quite a few times.

"Honestly I thought you were going to be a lot harder than you actually are." She laughed. "I'm glad you aren't but you could be much worst. It's easy to keep you happy. I just have to make sure you are fed. And it helps if you aren't sleepy or tired in anyway." She smiled at him.He was her big baby that could walk and talk, but she would never tell him that.

"I can see myself getting married and having kids in the future. My parents are starting to push my brothers to get married and have kids. My oldest brother is the only one that is married but he is deployed so they can't have kids just yet. It's only a matter of time before they start pestering me." She sighed. "I don't think I can do five kids like my parents but a couple will suit me just fine. A boy and a girl hopefully."

She watched him reply to his text. She was surprised it wasn't her work phone going off for once. She smiled at Jake, "What about you? Do you want kids in the future?"

He smiled and laughed a bit. "Yeah...well I get hangry. Which is angry because you're hungry. I can't help it. I like food. Even with my strict diet I till like to eat. It's been hard to be so strict about it. I love a big juicy cheeseburger. It's been so long since I've had a fast food cheeseburger. That may be my next celebratory meal." He laughed a bit. "What is your guilty pleasure food?"

"Wow five kids? That is a lot. I couldn't have that many kids either." He thought a moment about her question. "Do not tell anyone this or I will deny every word." He smiled at her. "I would love to have kids someday. I would love to find the perfect woman who can put up with my crap and have a family. I could see myself teaching my daughter armbars and rear naked chokes so when a guy goes to date her I know she can hold her own. And her date would never imagine hurting 'The Drifter's' Daughter. You thought Ray got knocked out." He laughed a bit. "The whole fairytale ending...who wouldn't want that?" He shrugged a bit. "But doesn't mean it's going to happen for everyone."

His phone went off again. He checked it. And then placed it on the table as he was talking. The name Amy popped up on the screen and he looked at it. "I'm sorry. I need to deal with this. I'll be right back okay?" He got up and went off towards the bathroom.

"It's too bad I can't make you a healthy cheeseburger. I can find a substitute but I'm not sure how good it would taste though." She smiled. "I love sweets. My grandmother used to make this strawberry cheesecake for my birthday. It was the best thing ever. I could eat that all the time. I would make it for you but it's so far away from your diet zone you'd probably fire me."

She nodded her head, "Four boys and their last one was a girl. My mom says if I was another boy, they would have kept going until they got a girl. My father was happy that I ended up being a girl." She smiled as he started talking about his future family. "I feel bad for any of the girls boyfriends." She laughed. She saw the protective Jake at the club. It would be ten times worst for any boy his daughter would bring home. "You'll get your happily ever after the second you start letting people in."

She ate a potato when he pulled his phone out. She didn't want to be nosy but she did see the name Amy on the screen. She hadn't heard the name before. She couldn't be a girlfriend because she was never around. It could be his sister but she wouldn't know. She didn't want to think the worst. It could very well be a girl friend and she just wasn't in the state right now. She rubbed her lips together, she knew nothing about Jake and she had a feeling he wanted it to be that way.

He thought about it a moment. "Maybe sweets once in a while I don't think would kill me. I could go for that. Make me some before I know my next fight so that way I can enjoy it then start training for the next fight. Plus if you make it we can share it so it's not like I'm eating the whole thing by myself either." He liked the idea of letting lose a bit. He wanted to try to live a bit more and not be so strict on things.

"So are you a bit of a daddy's girl?" He looked her over. She didn't speak about her dad very much that he could remember so he wasn't sure. "I think if I had all those boys I'd want to try for a girl too." He took a few bites of food. He thought about what she said, once she started letting someone in he could find his happy ever after. It wasn't all him why he kept things to himself. He had other people to protect as well.

Jake was gone for what seemed like five minutes. He came back and seemed a little on edge but tried to play it cool. "I'm really sorry about that. We shouldn't be interrupted anymore." His phone went back into his pocket. "How is your food?" He smiled at her and went back to eating.

"If you are sure I will make a small one that we can share." She smiled at him. She was glad he liked to eat. It made cooking a lot more fun when she had a willing participant to eat it all.

"I am a big daddy's girl. He kind of forced to me to be." She laughed. "It's what happens when you are the only girl." She shrugged her shoulder. "It's a big family but we are all pretty close. Maybe you can home over for a family dinner one Sunday. I'm sure my brothers would love to meet you. It's up to you though. You should probably come after a fight though. My moms meals aren't necessarily healthy."

She poked at her chicken with her fork while he was gone. The waiter came over and filled her glass up. "Is everything okay?" She walked but she doubted she would get an answer out of him. "The food is great. You were right about this place. It is really good." To make her point she picked up a piece of chicken and ate it.

Jake honestly at first wanted to decline the offer to meet her family but he thought it would be nice. "Sure. That sounds nice." He smiled at her. "I would love to meet your family. I'm sure if your mom cooks anything like you do I would love her food. We can go anytime. I'll just have to train a little harder. I like a challenge too." He grinned at her.

"Everything is great." He took a bite of steak. "Would you like to try it?" He motioned to his food. "I'm glad you like it. I'm having a good time Adri. I'm glad you agreed to come with me." He smiled as he had more than just dinner planned. Jake wanted to make it a night she would remember.

Once they both finished dinner he paid the bill and finished his drink. Once they both were ready to go he went out with her to get his car. He opened the door and took off driving down the strip. He found a place to park then got out and he knew would be okay, so he grabbed her hand after helping her out of the car. He walked down the strip a bit. He stopped at the Bellagio Fountain. "I don't care how many times I see this, it's still awesome." He smiled and stood close to her waiting for the show to start.

She smiled at Jake when he agreed to come to dinner. She wasn't going to force him to go. They would only go as friends for now. Her brothers did want to meet him, so they could get an autograph or two and brag to their friends that they had dinner with an MMA fighter. She didn't take a piece of his steak but she did offer her chicken. She cleaned her pallette with the wine and went to the restroom to powder her nose before they left.

She did notice how he ignored the question about him being alright. it was another thing that he didn't want to talk about. She questioned what type of relationship would come out of this date. She couldn't date a guy that didn't want to talk when she asked simple questions. She hoped it was just the first date nerves getting to him and things would be easier the next time around.

She walked with him to the fountain and checked her watch. The show should be starting very soon. They didn't have to wait long for the music to start and then the fountains started to dance with the music. She smiled from beginning to end. It was a little chilly because of the breeze and the water but it was nice.

It didn't take long for a paparazzo to notice Jake and start taking his picture from a distance at first and then he moved a bit closer. Adri moved back so Jake was always blocking her from the camera's view. When that didn't work she used her purse to cover her face. The cameraman told ehr to stop being so shy but she ignored him and kept her face blocked.

Jake took a piece of chicken to try and mentioned maybe getting it some time. It was nice of her to offer him some of her food.

When they waited for the show to start he wondered where this could go. He really cared about her but what sacrifices would she have to give up to be with him. Would she even want to do that. His celebrity status made things hard, especially now that he won the fight the night before.

Once the cameras started to get in his face he started to get angry. He just wanted a normal date with a girl but that was impossible. He grabbed her purse and moved it from her face. "No...don't hide unless you want to. Don't do it for me." He said quietly. Jake turned and looked at the paparazzi. "Want to give me a night without camera's in my face? Please? I'm trying to enjoy the show here but it was rudely interrupted." He turned to leave and held his hand out for Adri.

Walking back to his car pissed off. Once he got in he just sat there a moment. "I'm sorry. I should have known better." He drove her back to her condo. He didn't know what she would want to do now. It seemed like he was a walking disaster. That was why he never got close to anyone. He sat there in her driveway, not really saying much the whole drive there. "I wanted to hit everyone of them. All I wanted to do was something nice for you. Something romantic. I should have known it would blow up in my face. It always does. That's why I shouldn't be in a relationship..." He spoke quietly.

Adri kept her bag down for a little bit until he decided it was time to go. She took his hand and covered her face again as they started to walk to his car. He was walking fast, as he often did when he was angry. She couldn't say she was upset that they were leaving. She didn't want to be surrounded by cameras and torn apart by magazine writers.

It was a quiet drive home. He gripped the steering wheel so hard his knuckles were turning white. They finally got to her condo and he started to apologize for something he had no control over. "The dinner was nice, Jake." She touched his arm, "So things didn't work out this time. It happens. Maybe next time we can figure out a way to sneak away from them." She said softly.

She looked at her front door and back at him, "Do you want to come in and watch a movie? I can make some popcorn. No one will bother us. I'm sure there is something out there that you want to see and if I don't have it we can go get from a RedBox."

Next time. He wasn't sure a next time would happen. They shouldn't have to sneak around to have a good time and a normal date. Normal people could just go wherever they wanted and not have to worry about it. Tomorrow this could all blow up online and in magazines. She didn't deserve that.

He looked at her and figured she was just trying to be nice because of the fact their night was cut short. "Sure." He gave a small smile before getting out and opening her door for her. Once they got inside her place he unbuttoned a few buttons to get a bit more comfortable to watch a movie. He went over to her collection and ended up picking out a romantic comedy handing it to her. He found his spot on her sofa.

His eyes looked over the pictures of her and her family. He looked down and got pretty quiet again. He was still mad. But he still was trying to figure out if or how this could work. Before the movie started he figured they should talk. "Adri..." He waited till she was sitting with him. "Look, I like you a lot. I love spending time with you...but I don't know what could come of this. I don't want you to have to sneak around. You should be able to just spend time with a guy whenever and wherever you wanted. I'm not relationship material. I get angry too easily. I don't want you getting hurt." He looked down and wondered if he should just go.

She smiled when he agreed to come inside with her. She walked with him to her door and once they were inside she pointed to the DVDs so he could find something to watch. While he did that she went into her kitchen to look for the popcorn. She put it in the microwave and let that cook up. She went to her room to kick her heels off and put her hair up into a ponytail. By the time she was finished, the popcorn was ready to go. She transferred it to a bowl and sat down next to him.

At least she was willing to try. He seemed to be giving up because one thing didn't go right. "So you're giving up?" It probably wasn't what he wanted to hear but she said it anyways. "It was a first date Jake. The odds of things going smoothly were slim to begin with. I knew what I was getting into when I agreed to go on the date. Sometimes things aren't in your control."

She set the bowl down on the table, "If you don't want to continue then you can leave and I will come to work tomorrow and we can pretend this whole thing never happened. Alright? If someone calls and asks we were just celebrating your win."

He let out a sigh. It was like he was giving up. He never gave up on anything in his entire life. Why would he with this? With someone like Adri. "I'm not giving up..." He sighed. "I asked for patience...I've never done this. I've never been on a first date. I don't..." He sighed a bit and shook his head. "I don't normally let anyone close enough to even date." He looked at her cause he knew she already knew that. He kept her at an arms length.

"I'm sorry I wanted everything to go right. I care about you and when something ruins a plan I have to make you smile it's frustrating. It would be for anyone. Any guy who wants to do something romantic and it doesn't work is gonna be upset about it." Jake didn't feel like he was that crazy for being upset.

He sighed as she set the popcorn down and told him he could leave if he wanted to. "What do you mean by continue Adri? What happens tomorrow? And then next week? What do we want out of this?" He looked at her searching her face.

She tried her best to keep a straight face when he told he didn't let people in. She was very aware of that. She knew he was vulnerable right now and she didn't want to ruin it by being insensitive. She liked that he wanted to make her smile. She just needed him to take deep breaths sometimes and figure out a way to solve the problem that didn't involve hitting or running away.

She rubbed her legs and took a deep breath. It felt like they were about to break up and they weren't even dating. "I know what I want, Jake, and I know what it will take to get there. You don't know what you want and I don't know when you will know and I can't help you figure it out. It's something you have to do one your own. I'm not going to rush you into a relationship that you aren't ready for." She took another deep breath and looked at him.

Most people knew what came next. She didn't want to say it though. "I'll be your secretary until you get sick of me. I'll you with everything else but you have to figure out what you want on your own. I like you, Jake. I really do." She reached out and touched his hand. "Maybe when you are ready we can try again." She looked into his eyes and quickly looked at the door.

"We have only known each other a week, you know? Maybe when we are used to being around each other more and you feel comfortable around me we can try again."

She knew what she wanted. What did that mean? Then it hit him, she wanted to try with him and he was being hesitant. He just didn't know what he was doing and with his celebrity status it made it all more difficult. He looked down and let out a sigh. It was maybe time to open up a little bit. If he wanted this to be something he needed to.

"Adri...I know what it is I want...it's just...I don't know if I can have it." He looked at her. "I'm this big bad fighter but yet...I'm scared. I'm scared to let you in and something happen and I don't want to hurt you." His hand reached up and rested on her cheek. "I care about you a lot, especially after only a week." His thumb caressed her cheek. "I want this to go somewhere but it is frustrating I can't even take you on a date without cameras in our faces. I don't want them to start rumors you don't wanted started. I know how those articles upset me. Look at how angry I got about the interview with Ray. What if it was something about you? I'd be that more upset." Jake knew he needed to keep his anger in check but he didn't know how else to handle things. He couldn't help the fight or flight attitude.

"You are the only woman who I've known that can calm me down the way you can. No one has put the time and effort into things like you have. I don't want to try again later..." He looked down then looked back at her. He grabbed her face and kissed her deeply. "I don't want to have to try again." He whispered and kept kissing her.

He would just have to be more creative with how they were together. In time he would have to let her all the way in but it would have to be a slow progress.

She shrugged her shoulders, "You can't let it get to you. People are going to write whatever they want to sell magazines. Sometimes you just have to ignore it." She didn't know what else to tell him. "I need you to give us a proper chance before you start thinking that this won't work. Okay?"

She smiled when he kissed her and she kissed him back. At least the passion was there. Now she needed him to stop thinking the worst. "Why don't we watch the movie and see how you feel tomorrow?" She leaned against him and grabbed the popcorn. They did just eat so they didn't really need the popcorn other than to have something to snack on.

She thoug he chose a pretty funny movie. And it was romantic which was perfect a date night. She almost invited him to stay the night and sleep in her bed but she decided it would be best to let him go home and think things over. She gave him a kiss goodnight and promised to see him tomorrow. She was happy to get out of the dress and into some lounge wear.

The next morning, she either forgot to set her alarm or she just slept through it. She was rushing to get out of the door. She knew by his schedule that he would be at the gym training. So she drove straight to the gym. He was working out with Luke when she came in. Instead of working out she made some phone calls that she would have done in the morning. She got his schedule all planned out but in doing that she almost forgot to make his protein shake before he was finished. Luckily by the time the shake was in the cup he was stepping out of the ring.

She figured he would chew her ear out for being late but before he could do that she went to Luke and told I'm that they would be training at a different gym tomorrow as part of one of them offers he got from winning the fight. She walked back to Jake, "I'm sorry late. I don't know what happened with my alarm. I have your schedule for the day but we have to get you home and get food in your stomach because you have an interview in two and half hours."

He agreed to give them a proper chance. Jake enjoyed watching the movie with her. It was nice to just relax and not worry about anything. He kissed her softly before leaving at the end of the night. He went home and got out of the clothes which also felt good for him to change. He crawled into bed and did a lot of thinking.

The next morning he got up for his normal routine. He went for his run then went off to training. Luke asked about the date and he told him exactly what happened. "Man, that's rough. But she's still around. That should count for something." They kept working out even after Adri walked in late.

After grabbing his shake he looked her up and down. "You were probably late because I heard you went on some hot date last night...I don't care who you are dating but you will not show up late due to late night fun." He joked with her and smiled. "Don't sweat it. You got your work done, that's all that matters. It happens." He hit her hip playfully with glove after he took it off. "I'm going to go shower then we can get out of here."

Jake didn't let the incidents of last night affect him the next day. He joked with her and he gave both of them a real chance. For the next month, it was like he put forth a real effort. He did little romantic things for her like get her flowers or other nice little gifts. He made a playlist for his ipod for songs about her and had her copy it for her own. These were all things that were not something Jake would ever do. They tried going on more dates where he was a little sneakier. He would rent entire places so that way no cameras could get to them. But he also enjoyed staying in at either's place watching tv and just spending time together. He was starting to fall, and fall hard.

He still hadn't given much up about his past or his family. But he did make other progress.

There was another big fight coming up. He was fighting Nick Diaz but still hadn't gotten a shot for the championship yet and was a bit annoyed about it. It was like the UFC was setting him up to lose. After his last fight he trained at Rich Franklin's gym and became pretty good friends with him and Rich and trained with him. He had to keep winning if he wanted a title shot.

The month passed by really quickly for Adri. The days seemed to pass by pretty quickly. She was more accustomed to Jake's schedule and body language. She knew when he was upset and needed a break. She also knew when he needed to get rid of some energy and she could join him on a run around his neighborhood.

The next few dates were all well planned out and had minimal slip ups. She felt very special to have an entire restaurant bought out so they could have a private date. She told him he didn't have to but he did it. And he surprised her with flowers and a really sweet playlist on her phone. They spent the night at each other's places and she didn't feel pressure to put out. It was really nice. He was still shelled up tighter than a clam though.

She knew what to expect the week of the fight and she knew how to handle Jake. She couldn't feel or act stressed around him or he would be stressed. If she was relaxed then he was relaxed. She woke up in his bed and turned to see him still sleeping. She kissed his forehead and sat up. She was wearing one his t-shirts. She had plenty clothes in the spare room, including pajamas, but nothing beat putting on his shirt before bed. "We have to get up Jake." She yawned and rubbed his chest to wake him up. "Come on or I'll push you out of bed." She teased.

He really hadn't spent a night away from her in the last month and he liked that. It was comforting for him. A groan came from and he rolled over onto his side away from her. "You push me out I will put you in an arm triangle. Don't think just cause you're a girl that I won't." Jake snuggled into his pillow enjoying how comfortable it was and didn't want to get up but he knew he had to. He peaked at Adri wanting to get a glimpse of her sexy butt before she put on her own clothes. He smiled at at the sight with just one eye open. "Come kiss me and I'll get up."

Once he got the kiss he did what he promised and got up. He didn't train too hard the last week to not get hurt but a run was more than okay. "You going to run with me beautiful?" He pulled on shorts and a muscle shirt. So far during the week before the fight he had been pretty relaxed. Adri seemed to be a bit of a pro with the cooking and interviews.

"What all is planned for today?" He put on his running shoes.

She laughed and tugged her running compression pants on. "You can try to me in a triangle. I'll kick your ass." She threatened and walked over to him. She kissed his forehead and then his lips. "We don't have time for a run." She ruffled his hair and started to make the bed. "You have a date with Luke. He wants to watch some fights and go over some things you should work on to beat Diaz. Which means a couple hours at the gym." She took her shirt off and put on the sports bra and tank top she had laid out.

She turned to Jake, "We can go for a run tonight if you aren't too tired. I'm going to go make breakfast. You need to pack a gym bag." She gave his butt a soft pat and went to the kitchen to make him a nice healthy breakfast or eggs and healthy fake bacon that she didn't really care for but he ate it.

She put it on a plate and made her own plate. She packed a bag so she could shower and change at the gym. She filled up his water bottle and packed a few snacks for him, just in case they had a surprise meeting after his work out.

"I may like it if you try to kick my ass. I like it rough." He grinned at her and kissed her back.

He stopped. "I have a 'meeting' with Luke. Luke and I don't have 'dates.' Who I have dates with is a lot better looking than Luke, trust me." He smiled at her. "What are you going to be doing while I'm at the gym with Luke?" He liked that Adri kept him to some sort of schedule and kept him on track. He packed a gym back like she instructed him to do. "Hey you touch my butt again and we are skipping breakfast and making out instead." He grinned at her. Jake never even implied they needed to do anymore than what she was ready for.

He sat at the bar and ate the breakfast she made for him. "If I am too tired how about chilling in your hot tub followed by a nice massage by a really hot chick? You think you can set that up for me?" Jake smiled at her as he ate. He stole a bite from her plate and smiled at her. He was getting more playful with her.

"Well I would hope I am better looking than Luke." She smiled back. "I will be on the gym floor working out. Luke said I am not allowed in the movie room because you need to focus and since I don't want you getting hurt, I have to agree with him. The gym is for focusing and practice. Home is for flirting and kissing and whatever else we want to do."

She sat next to him and started to eat with him. "I thought I said you only get massages after fights." She teased. "If that is what you want then I will do it. I might have to go get some baby oil though. I might have something left under my sink." She shrugged her shoulder, "I will have to check."

After breakfast she put the dishes in the dishwasher and went over her mental checklist to make sure she had everything. "Are you rady to go?" She asked and tied her shoes.

Back
Top Bottom