Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

He looked at her confused. "Why do you say that? Can't swim?" He grinned at her as he teased her a bit.

Jake moved to the deeper end and once she followed, he grabbed her and missed ber deeply before jumping into the water with her. Once he came up to the surface he laughed. If she couldn't swim he was there to help her.

The water felt nice to cool off to. The Vegas sun was getting hot. He pulled her closer to him and kissed her again. "Was someone getting jealous earlier?" He teased again.

"I can swim. It's...it doesn't matter." It would be a surprise and a semi treat. With the Vegas sun beating down on them it would dry in no time.

She gasped when he pulled her in and she kicked her feet to get to the surface. She went under and pushed the hair out of her face before coming back up. "I'm going to get you back for that. You know that right?" She asked and got a kiss in return.

"I don't get jealous." She smirked and ruffled his hair. "Were you trying to make me jealous? Do you get jealous?" She asked curiously and rubbed his lower back.

He laughed a bit. "Yeah I figured you would. Bring it on...I'm a fighter so be careful. I have cat like reflexes." He grinned at her.

"You don't get jealous huh? So I could go ask her out or even kiss her and you wouldn't care at all?" He shook his head. "No I wasn't trying to make you jealous. I'm not like that." Jake thought a moment. "Can't say I've been in a situation to get jealous. Therefore I can't say." His lips pressed against her shoulder before he nipped at it.

Jake swam away going underwater. He wanted to enjoy the cool water a bit. He splashed his foot at her as he swam to the other side. Turning around he smiled at her.

"I'll wait until you aren't expecting it and then I'll strike." She smiled at him. She thought it over and bit her bottom lip, "I wouldn't advise you doing that." She warned and raised an eyebrow. She looked him over and didn't take much time to think about it. "I'm pretty sure you'd be the jealous type. It's in your personality."

She laughed when he splashed her as swam away. She went under water and swam around the pool until she got behind him. She came up for air and splashed him back with her hands. She swam away before he got a chance to retaliate. She smiled to him from across the pool and used her finger to beckon him over.

She kissed him and tried to push him down under the water. "I think your girlfriend is upset with you." She teased and glanced over his shoulder at the girl who sat next to him. She smiled and rubbed his cheek.

Jake laughed a bit. "Oh, I'll still be ready." He chuckled a bit. "You don't advice me huh? What do you mean it's in my personality? I'm offended." He joked.

He laughed a bit splashing back before heading over to her. He wrapped his arms around her kissing her softly.

Once he came back up he started to tickle her sides. He grabbed her and tossed her a bit forcing her to go under a little. He chuckled a bit before he pulled her back to him kissing her deeply. "Didn't know I had a girlfriend. But I better get out and go make it up to her..." He grinned as he teased her.

She rolled her eyes when he acted offended. "Don't be so dramatic."

She smiled when he pulled her into him and kissed her. She could get used to his kisses and being with him in more than just a work atmosphere. She smiled at him and looked in his eyes. "Why are you an MMA fighter?" She asked curiously. She touched the cut on his eyebrow and rubbed his jaw.

"Very dangerous line of work for a guy as handsome as you. I'd hate to see what you look like all beat up." She frowned slightly because she knew it could get really bad.

When she asked why he was a fighter he kind of froze and lost his smile. His head moved away from her hand as she touched his cut. He started to get angry but then when she gave him an idea of why she asked he kept his cool. Jake let out a small sigh. "I like to punch and kick people..." He joked and gave a small smile. "I started doing martial arts to help with my anger. My teacher got me started on more mix martial arts and told me about fighting and I had always watched UFC but never realized it could be something I could do. He told me I was good at it so I tried a couple amateur fights and when I started winning, I thought why couldn't I do this? So I wanted to see how far I could go. I want to be great at something." He shrugged a bit like it was nothing special. No big deal kind of thing.

Jake thought a moment about what Adri said about hating to see him all beat up. "I could show you. I keep pictures of all my injuries. I can show you the worst fights." His thumb caressed her back. He liked she was a bit worried about his safety. It showed she cared a little bit more than it just being a job.

He was curious what would happen with the two of them. Should they label it, or set rules or just see what happens. "Would you ever date an MMA fighter?" He smiled at her a bit. Jake wasn't sure how he wanted her to answer. He never had a girlfriend before but with Adri, he could see himself breaking his rule. He normally didn't let anyone get close enough to be his girlfriend.

She noticed the change in his demeanor when she asked her question. While he gave her an answer she could tell it was something he didn't want to talk about. "I'm sure you'll be great at a lot of things." She said softly and out her hands on his chest.

She took a deep breath when he offered to show he the pictures. On one hand it would be nice to see what could possibly happen. On the other hand she didn't want to see him all cut and bruised up. He had a very frail hold on his temper now, she could only imagine what it would be like if he lost a fight and got really hurt. She released the breath and looked into his eyes. She slowly nodded her head, "Sure. I don't want to see them but I do at the same time." She shrugged her shoulder.

She smirked and shrugged her shoulders, "I've never thought about it. I don't think I would care what my guy was doing as long as he was putting money on the table in a legal way." She looked at him, "I think I would give an MMA fighter a chance though. Did you know someone who wants to date me?" She teased.

His lips pressed softly against hers. "You really think I'd be great at a lot of things?" He looked into her eyes. It wad different having someone believe in him. Or if they did they didn't voice it.

Jake had a weird reason why he kept his binder of fight injuries. No one knew what that reason was but him. Onky Adri and Luke even knew he about it in the first place. "You don't have to look at it. I can show you, you csn look if you want but don't have to."

Part of Jake wanted to let her in and tell her all about his past but was also afraid to. What if it made her quit her job and run away? Or what if she told the media? There were specific reasons he hadn't shared things with them. He didn't want rumors to start or any ridicule from it. "He wouldn't mind taking you out on a date yeah." He grinned. Jake wasn't sure about much else besides a date, mostly because he never let anyone that close.

"Why do you sound so surprised? I just watched you knock out a guy in under five minutes. I think you can do a lot of things if you put your mind to it." She laughed.

"How about you give me the binder and when I am ready I will flip through it and look at you past fights?" She rubbed his cheek again and kissed his forehead.

"I'm glad to hear that. Then you can give him my number and tell him I free all night if he is." She smiled at him "Also tell him my boss is a hard ass and I don't think he will give me a day off to go on a date so he better take the chance and ask me out tonight." She teased. If he did ask she would have to go and get ready. She was already thinking f what she should wear. She had a closet full of date clothes and no where to wear them. She couldn't wait to actually put them on for some one.

He looked her over. "Because no one has ever believed in me before. Or at least voiced it to me." He shrugged a bit. "No big deal."

His eyes closed as she kissed his forehead. "Sounds like a good plan to me. We just have to add last night's pics to it." He looked back at her.

Jake chuckled a bit. "I'll give him your number." He smiled at her. "Your boss is a hard ass huh? I thought you liked your boss? And no you do not get days off to go on a date...we don't have time for dates." Jake wondered if he would take her on a date where would they go, what would they do. He had no idea how this stuff worked. "I think I'm cooled off. I'm going to get out...You coming?" He kissed her deeply before letting go and swimming to the side and climbing out.

Once he got out he grabbed his towel to dry off. The girl sitting next to him smiled as she checked him out. He sat back down. "You are Jake Daniels aren't you?" Jake nodded, "Yes ma'am." She smiled at him, "I thought so could I get an autograph?" Jake nodded. "Sure." He signed a piece of paper she had in her pool bag. "You could add your number if you'd like..." He just smiled and signed it. "There you go." He leaned back and looked at Adri as he put one hearbud in and turned on his ipod.

Jake texted Luke for nice places to take a date. He then started to make a phone call right as Adri's started ringing.

"Well I do. And you will have my support in most things, if not all things." She nodded her head to him adding his pictures to the binder. She would take it home one day and look over the pictures in her own time. It would be nice to see what she was getting in to. It wasn't going to make her quit but it would prepare her for the worst.

"I like my boss a lot but he is definitely a hardass." She smiled. "No, you don't have time for dates. And since you don't have time, I don't have time." She corrected. She got out of the pool with him and dried off. Her bikini was a little see through now since the fabric was so think but it would dry off soon. She acted like she didn't notice and laid on her back. She didn't care about the tan lines as much. She could always find a way to cover it with make up.

She smirked as the girl asked for his autograph and then his phone number. She picked up her iPad and continued flipping through the pages of her magazine. She sighed when he phone rang and checked to make sure it wasn't her work phone buzzing. When it wasn't she checks her personal phone and picked it up.

"Hello?"

He smiled when she answered the phone. "Hey there good lookin...how's it going?" He waited for an answer before getting to the real reason why he called. "My day is going fabulous. I have a great view." Jake was looking Adri up and down. "I also had some wet fun with a really hot girl." He smiled at her, "Thing is, I have a night off and would love to take you out. What do you say? Pick you up about 7?"

Jake was nervous as hell almost more nervous than when he fought the night before. He didn't know the first thing about taking a girl out. He was going to either need advice from Luke or just wing it on his own. How dressed up did he need to be? Was it expected for him to get flowers for her or was that too cheesy? Man he would suck at this. Maybe it was a bad idea.

He didn't have that dressy of clothes. Mostly jeans and some button up shirts. No real dress pants or anything like that. He should probably leave now to go shopping if she ever agreed to go on a date with him. He let out a little sigh.

Adri smiled into her phone and looked at Jake, "I'm fine. How are you?" She looked at the pool again and shook her head. "Oh wet fun, huh?" She laughed. She smiled when he asked her out, "Well if my boss says it's okay." She looked at Jake and waited for a nod. "Then I'd love to. Seven sounds perfect."

She hubg up the phone and smiled at Jake. She gave him a kiss. "I have a date with a handsome young fighter tonight and I should go get ready. And yes I need to leave now because it might take a while." She ran her fingers through his hair and kissed him again. "I'm really excited. I can't wait. Where are we going?" She asked so she knew what to wear and how dressed up to get. When she had her answer she got up and gave him one last kiss.

She went to her room to change and then she got her nails done. She walked around the mall to find something to wear. Then she rushed home to shave and do her hair and make up. She was done just before seven and she had some time to realize but she was so excited to be going on a date that she couldn't relax.

He grinned at her when she hung up and he kissed her back. "Oh yeah? Who is this guy so I can kick his ass." He pretended to be all mad but kissed her again. "Where are we going?" He was excited too until she asked that. He had no idea what he was doing yet but he had to figure it out now. The place he told her they were going was a pretty nice place on the strip. Something jeans wouldn't quite be enough for but he didn't need to wear a suit. He watched her go with a smile. He grabbed his stuff to head out as well. The girl next to Jake gave him her number since he didn't give his. He smiled and just nodded towards her as he put it in his swim trunk pocket.

He went home to change and go shopping. Luke called him offering him some advice. Once he found his clothes he was going to wear he went home to shower and get ready. He put on black dress pants, grey button up shirt with a black vest over it. The sleeves of the shirt was rolled up to his elbows. He sprayed some Axe and checked himself in the mirror before heading out to his Mustang to pick up Adri.

He got to her place and went to the door and knocked on it. He was nervous as hell. He couldn't stay still he was so nervous.

Adri practically jumped out of her seat to open the door but she told herself to relax. All the dating rules told her not to seem to eager, don't rush things and make sure you are both relaxed. She waited until he knocked again and then she opened the door and smiled at him. He looked nice all dressed up. She was worried she was over dressed, but if he was wearing that then she was dressed perfectly.

"Come on in. I have to do something really quick and then we can go." She let him in and went to the back towards her room. She left her bedroom door open so she could hear him if he needed her. She tugged the back of the dress down and made sure her hair and make up were on point before grabbed her purse and walking out to him.

"I would ask you how your day was but most of it was spent with me." She slid her feet into her skin colored pumps. She didn't need a coat since it was still pretty warm at night right now. "You look really good." She complimented."Did you pick this out all by yourself?" She asked and fixed his collar.

He looked her over when she answered the door. "Wow... You look..." He shook his head as he searched for the words to say. "Amazing." Jake stepped in and put his hands in his pockets as he waited for her. "Take your time. We're in no rush."

"My day was very nice. Thanks for asking." Jake kept looking her over. He couldn't help it. She looked beautiful. He looked down at himself. "Well thank you. I did pick it out by myself. I can do that from time to time. I may not know a lot about fashion but I can put something on and decide if I look good or not." He grinned at her as he teased her a bit. "I could have just asked my friend at the pool...she would have helped me and told me." He chuckled a bit but didn't tell her about the phone number.

"You ready?" Once she said she was he walked out to the car with her opening her door for her. He grabbed her hand before she could go in and kissed her slowly and deeply. "Be patient with me...this is the first official date I've ever been on." He confessed to her. He didn't know if it was smart telling her that or not.

She looked down at her dress, "Thank you. I was hoping you would like it." She smiled at him, "Yes, you can and you proved it tonight. I'm sure she would have but I think she would have liked to see all your clothes on the floor right after." She nodded her head to being ready. After he closed the door she locked it and walked with him to his car.

"Thank you." She said to him opening the door. She was going to get in until he stopped her. She was pleasantly surprised with a passionate kiss. She smiled and rubbed his cheek, "We will go slow. Don't worry." Her last relationship didn't end on a good note. She worked for Jake and if this didn't work out she would rather act like it never happened or just laugh it off as friends. She didn't want what happened with ex to happen with him. She kissed him once more and then slipped into the car.

The first date was usually the hardest and most awkward. Hopefully he working for him for a little over a week would help things go smoothly. She took his hand in hers as he drove to the restaurant. The paparazzi was bound to be there to photograph any celebrity they saw. With him coming off of a win they would try to get his picture. She'd rather not come up in any tabloids but that was something she was stuck with while she worked for and dated him.

Jake smiled at her. She was so good to him. It probably was only fair and right to share with her that this was new to him. If he screwed something up he wanted her to know why. That it wasn't him just being pig headed about something but that this was all new to him. He didn't know what he was doing but felt of all people Adriana would be at least patient with him. She may put him in his place when he was being a butthead but he needed that. She was a good match for him.

"I've only eaten here at the this place twice. But both times...the food was amazing." He glanced at her and caressed her hand. He was a big bad fighter but with her she was gentle, most of the time. Sometimes his anger came out but she still had the power to calm him. It was like Black Widow and the Hulk in Avengers. "I can't promise there won't be cameras. Especially after last night. If they ask...you just working? We're taking a break from the big win?" He wasn't asking her if she would go along with it but more asking if that was what she wanted.

He pulled up to the valet and got out. Moving over to open Adri's door he smiled at her and held his hand out to her. He helped her out of the car and headed inside. "Reservation for Daniels." The guy took them to their table. Jake pulled her chair out for her.

"I'll take your word for it. I have never eaten here." She smiled at him and pulled the little mirror down to check her make up one more time. She checked her teeth to make sure there was no lipstick on them and then she was ready to go. "You wanted to celebrate your big win." It seemed like the best answer and why take a groupie when he could take her instead. They would probably speculate about it being a date but icy ey don't get a good picture then they can't post it to too many places.

She got out of the car and walked with him into the restaurant. She didn't take his hand just to make sure it seemed casual. They didn't have to wait for their table either which was nice. Once they sat down they seemed to be clear of any paparazzos taking their picture and she was able to relax.

"Are you sure you've never done this before? You've been opening doors and you pulled out my chair. I'd say you know your way around a date." She put her hand on his and stroked the back of his hand with her thumb in a comforting gesture. "You've done well so far. Now a little small talk during dinner to get to know each other and then the date is over. I work for you. This won't be hard at all." She told him and gave his hand a soft squeeze. "Relax."

He laughed a bit. Should he share he talked to Luke. "I'm just trying to be a gentleman. It doesn't take going on a date to be a gentleman." He smiled and looked over the menu before looking up at her hand on his. "Small talk huh? But you already know me. I'm Jake Daniels. Jake 'The Drifter' Daniels." He grinned and gave his eyebrow a wiggle to act like he's big stuff. He laughed a bit.

He ordered a Captain and Coke and whatever Adri wanted then looked at the menu. "Is it bad I want a huge steak to celebrate?" He laughed. "Then tomorrow back to training." He was pretty strict with his diet and sometimes he hated that he was. "What looks good to you? Get whatever you want." He was decided on the steak but justified it with a salad.

Jake moved his hand to hold hers. He looked up and smiled at her. It was weird because he sort of didn't care if he received backlash that this was a date. It was a date. Jake was on a date with a beautiful and amazing girl who cared if everyone knew that. Maybe she didn't want people to know she was on a date with him. That made more sense to him. She would be the one given the backlash. Dating a guy with an anger problem. Maybe this was why he never dated.

"That's about all every one knows. Your name and a lucky few know your birthday. Thankfully I am one of the lucky few." She joked and looked over the drink menu. She ordered a red wine and then looked at the food menu.

"No it's not. You are celebrating you get what you want before you can't eat anything." She knew his diet very well. She loved cooking but his diet was so limiting she had make sure she followed the recipes and make sure they tasted right so he would actually eat them. "I think I will have the parmesan chicken with roasted potatoes."

"Are you going to open up a gym when your body can't take any more fighting?" She asked curiously.

Jake grinned a bit. "That is pretty lucky to know that information. I can't tell everyone my secrets."

He felt a little bad that she cooked his strict food and ate it. She could totally eat better than what he did. "You know you can always cook something better for you. Just because I have a diet of a fighter doesn't mean you have to too. Unless you wanna become a fighter but you may mess up your hair. And you do NOT wanna go against Rhonda..." He shook his head. "That sounds good. May have to steal a bite. But I too am getting potatoes and vegetables so I am staying a little healthy. I plan on a salad to help even it out."

Once the drinks came he ordered his food. He took his drink and smelled it before taking a drink. Thinking about her question before he answered her. "I would like to. I would love to have young fighters come to my gym and want me to train them. I would love to be that great." He got a look in his eyes of true passion as he talked about it. "I love Luke. Luke is amazing at training and I couldn't imagine anyone else in my corner. Training at other gyms is fine to expand my knowledge and diversity but I will always be loyal to Luke. He's more like family to me." He shrugged a bit. Jake did have hopes and dreams just like any other person.

His fingertips played with her hand as he held it.

"I could but the last thing I want to do is make you diet harder by eating food that is better looking than yours. Plus the food that I make you isn't that bad." She shook her head to becoming a fighter, "Never had a black eye and I would like to keep it that way. I would run away from the ring if Rousey was standing it." She laughed. She gave her order to the waiter and took a small sip of the wine.

"Who knows, maybe by then you will be sponsored by UFC and they will buy you a gym." She told him not to mock but because she believed he could get that far. "Or you can be the host for that UFC show on TV." She said, "But that might require moving to LA. Do you want to move in the future?"

She smiled when he talked about Luke, "He seems like a great guy. He will always be in your corner that's for sure." She looked down at their hands. She saw an opening so she decided to take it, "Do you have family around here or in a different state?"

He laughed at her comment about Rhonda Rousey. "You and a lot of other people."

Jake never thought about anyone giving him a gym. He figured he would have to buy one or build it. But if one was given to him, that would be quite alright as well. "I've never really thought about moving. I wouldn't have to stay here. If I'm not fighting anymore I wouldn't have to stay close to Luke. So I could move anywhere."

"Luke is great." He smiled when she mentioned he would always be in his corner. She was probably right. He was a good trainer and friend. Luke knew when to be hard on him and when to just talk. Then she hit him with a question he wasn't sure he wanted to answer. Not sure how to answer it out of mere reaction he pulled his hand away from hers. Trying to play it off like it wasn't the question he grabbed his drink and brought it to his lips. "I don't have a lot of family." He said quietly and looked away clearly uncomfortable.

"Do you have big plans for tomorrow?" He was already trying to change the topic trying hard not to get angry. How could he not be an ass but tell her to stop asking such personal questions. They were on a date, he figured this would be a normal question for a date and not her just being nosy.

Back
Top Bottom