Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blood Marriage(RoninXaudeamus)

Ronin

Star
Seth was fuming as he approached the valley, the birds were chirping. While there was a distinct sound of footsteps which he was the cause of. He couldn't believe since he had been born he had already been engaged to a girl, he had always laughed and called anyone whom got married of, a sad loser since he found the foundation of marriage to be a scam so that the guy's and the girl's parents had a better relationship, it did not matter whether the girl or the guy liked or even had another person in their lives. But he had never thought something like this would ever happen to him.

This was the avenue of where the fateful meeting would take place and he had managed to see a picture of what the girl looked like. It turned out she was really beautiful, still it did not change the fact that this was going to be the girl, he would be bound with forever or until he was killed. Leaning back against a tree, he sat down. Deciding to somehow punish this girl by forcing her to find him, he could not really do anything to his parents so he had planned to make the girl's life a living hell or atleast unbearable for her to live with him.

The roads were coated with a thin sheet of moisture from an early morning rain. India's blood coursed through her veins like liquid fire as her car did its best to break the speed limit. This is not unusual for vampire covens, India. These words echoed in each wrinkle of her brain; every word making her livid. Her parents flaunted his picture in her face like he was some Greek God. What was the point of forcing two souls who know nothing of the other into an arranged union? A union destined to fail. India reminded herself of the many futile debates about her not sharing her parent's traditional views, this was no different. "Gotta keep up appearances," she huffed.

Her car slowed down as she approached the entrance of the botanical garden. After pulling into the large lot, she found a place to park and tried to calm herself within the confines of her vehicle before facing her nightmare. Where was this fucker anyway? She looked left and right, then at the clock on the display panel. No sign of him. He was late, and India was compulsive about being on time -- she hated him already. Irritated, she snatched the keys from the ignition and freed herself from her seatbelt.

Her face contorted into a frown as she surveyed her surroundings. The gardens expanded over two hundred acres at least, while she found the scents of flower laden garden after the rain gratifying, her gaze settled upon the brick walkway that lead to the deepest part of the property; the Japanese garden. He wasn't late; he was hiding, "Thanks a lot, bitch," she swore as she re-tied the ends of the pink bandana around the back of her head. India sighed harshly and followed the walkway, taking her sweet time.

Where the hell was she, he thought to himself, it had been now just over an hour and he had not been able to see any trace of the girl, not that he had really tried very hard. Was she one of those bimbos whom were all beauty and zero brains, he wondered, perhaps had gotten lost in these gardens. He cursed to himself as he scraped his foot against a branch, managing to slowly rise up. He saw a glimpse of a real beauty following the walkway, that would probably be her. One thing which he found about vampire families were that you could judge a book by its cover since everyone he met was as stuck up as they looked. He did not expect any less of her and knew he was in for a lecture about being late.

Well, let's get this over with, Seth stuck out his hand and waved a bit. "Over here, I think I got lost." He said, trying to look honest, barely managing to hold himself together from laughing. Sauntering over towards the female figure, he continued. "You must be India, I've heard a lot about you, from my parents and it seems your beauty is well exceeding any description or picture." Deciding to rub her ego a little before he would let her have what she deserved but unwillingly he had to admit, she was a real beauty, only a fool could deny that.

Her sparkling lavender eyes held a long, steady look on the outline of the male approaching her. Got lost my ass; she caught that contemptuous grin that emerged on his lips. Typical pure blood male. Thinks just because he's been blessed with the dark gift that the earth shifts on its axis for him and him alone. He was attractive, and he knew it. Probably fucked and fed from anything with breasts and a labium. Is he kidding me with this walk of his? Strolling towards me like he's doing the air a favor? India scoffed and scratched at her nose, avoiding the one millimeter diamond stud on her nostril.

Each step he made towards her caused an unsettling feeling in her stomach. She never entertained the idea of being disloyal to her parents; until now. India did everything short of bringing a pie chart to plead her case and convince her parents that the decision they were making would end in disaster. Disregarding her objections, her father was quite clear as to what would happen to her if this covenant wasn't fulfilled. A swift, albeit aggressive journey into death's embrace seemed less ghastly than being this man's Queen. Forcing herself to smile, she lifted her arm and extended her hand to shake his, "And you must be Seth, the pleasure is all mine." There was a touch of professionalism and malice in her tone, she knew bullshit when she heard it. What a piece of work....

Let's get this over with, she hissed under her breath.

Seth noticed the hand she had stuck out, but instead of bringing his hand down to shake it. He sauntered closer towards her, till they were facing each other, gazing deeply into her eyes he could tell that she was not too pleased with the idea of marriage, probably forced like him. But such a thing did not matter to him, wrapping his arms around the girl's slender waist, he pulled her into an embrace. "There's no need to be cold, we are going to be married after all. We should try to act a bit closer at least." His plan was to pretend that he ecstatic about this whole wedding plan, he had to change since he first thought she might actually looking forward to it and had hoped to crush her dreams but this would have to do instead.

With a smirk, his hands crawled a bit lower, resting on the soft skin of her rear side, giving it a light squeeze before taking a few steps back. "Man, I am lucky as hell to get such a hot wife, I can't wait to tell my friends. You know what, we are scheduled to be married in a month's time, but I think we should just secretly get married tomorrow. Imagine how surprised everyone would be and even if one or two were upset they would eventually get used to the idea." He was going on and on, as if he was planning the wedding all by himself, he was laughing inside enjoying every moment of this act, the only thing he wanted now to see was her reaction.

Come on let that anger out, he said, quietly to himself, with a broad grin playing on his lips.

Putting his hands around her waist and hugging her was obnoxious; feeling her up, putting his sordid fingers on her ass was insulting. Maybe the women he surrounded himself with were witless enough to overlook his lascivious behavior and condone this intrusion. Not India. Her jaw muscles tightened to the point of unpleasant discomfort. She writhed against his unwelcome embrace. Her fingers closed into the palms of her hands and she planted her fists firmly against his chest. A deep sound manifested in her throat and she shoved him. Hard. "You arrogant son of a BITCH! You will not grope me like I'm some classless whore with low self-worth who hangs on to your every rehearsed word because they have a fervent desire to have your dick inside of them!" Though she found it repulsive, she never wanted to spit on someone so much in her life.

India moved toward him, "You may have enchanted my parents with your charm and rugged good looks, but in my eyes, you're as transparent as glass," she enunciated harshly, "and as far as you telling your friends about you and your 'hot wife' running off to have some clandestine ceremony, you can forget it! You can take that ego of yours, shove it straight up your ass and rotate on it....Nosferatu," her final word left her lips dramatically, as if to theatrically mock him.

Fuming, she decided she'd been graced with his presence long enough. India turned and stalked off, she had no right talking to someone from such noble blood, but he had no right to demean her. She jerked the door open, pulling her arm past its range of motion and slumped in the driver's seat. Her jaw muscles tried to resist, but eventually relaxed. India pulled the door closed and slid the keys in the ignition, envisioning another lengthy reprimand she would be forced to listen to later on. They wouldn't care one iota that he molested her, not when there was prestige to think of.

She cupped her shoulder in a failed attempt to massage the pain away. There was no way in hell she was going to take her place next to him in a month.

He was quite startled almost falling down when she shoved him back. But what got into him really was how much hatred was filled in the words as she spat it out, immediately he knew he was not dealing with the normal spoilt brats but still there was a part of him stubbornly desiring to fight this arrangements even though the girl really was not at fault and whom also shared the same anger at being forced to marry someone like him whom she had never met before. Also just like him instead of focusing her anger on her parents it was on him. He could not help but let a grin rise up to his lips, what were the chances of meeting someone this similar to himself.

He gazed on as her figure gracefully sauntered over to the vehicle which had been parked, just as he was about to turn away and figure out what to say to his parents. A small voice in his head uttered. Don't let her go if you do you will regret it. Instantly his body moved by itself using his speed to rush, stopping right behind the car. Slumping his shoulders a bit, he did not know what he was doing but that he did not want this girl he barely knew to walk away from his life.

"I'm sorry okay? I don't know what got into me can we perhaps talk a bit more, I promise I will not touch you like that again." His voice was firm, after which he let out a small sigh. What had gotten into him, he thought struggling to understand why this girl had suddenly become so important to him. His hands were up as if he were surrendering, his dark hazel eyes peering to try and catch a glimpse of her, for some reason he was hoping he would forgive him.

From the rearview mirror, India watched his display. When his hands rose up as a declaration of defeat, she applauded his performance mentally. Perfect, she thought, I get the bipolar vampire. A smile settled on her lips as she emerged from the car. Using her hips, she nudged the door shut and walked near him, stopping when she was close enough for him to hear her whisper. Her pleasant expression would suggest that she was willing to forgive him, "If I were you, I wouldn't be standing behind my car too much longer," her smile widened even more to accompany her bitter tone. The threat was sincere, but futile; she would hit him and think nothing of it while driving off. But being cursed with the dark gift means that you'd need something more elaborate than a car bumper to destroy the predator.

"Goodbye...Seth." she whispered angrily, turning to walk away. Before she could get back into the car, her cell phone vibrated softly in her pocket. India's eyes rolled the moment she caught the name and number on display; why didn't she see this coming? "Hello? Yes, I got here okay," anger glinted in her eyes and she directed them right at Seth. "Father I know, but..." she was being reminded of her duties to the family, "I understand." And that was the end of the conversation.

Her eyes were firmly held on Seth. He probably knew the details of the arrangement, which would explain his lewd behavior. "My father and your father have arranged for you and me to have dinner at your house on Saturday," her voice had softened, "Just thought you should know." With that, India climbed into her car. The engine purred to life with the turn of the ignition and she pulled out of the parking lot, resisting the urge to glance in her rearview mirror.

Back
Top Bottom