Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Game of Thrones: The Scarlet Rose

Rivine

Supernova
(I am open for a more creative name for the group, if anyone has ideas!)

In the land of Westeros people think that alliances are forged through diplomacy, coin or fear. However the most effective means is through the bedroom. Behind the scenes of power there is a group of people who use their enjoyment of sexual activities for political and personal gain. They are known as the Scarlet Rose and all of their members bare the mark of their group somewhere upon their body. As a member you work with others towards a common goal, a goal known only to the members; to assist each other in climbing the rungs of power. Members must be of noble blood, though it can be even a scant amount... even bastards can be of use and become members. Officially the Scarlet Rose is meant to be an alliance between it's members, but schisms are entirely possible, since no one can be trusted entirely in the game of thrones.

About the Scarlet Rose
  • The Scarlet Rose is a hedonistic cabal meant to advance it's members' position through intimate alliances and bargains.
  • The mark of the Scarlet Rose is usually a tattoo of a red rose.
  • Religion plays no part in the group's purpose. Members can be of any or no faith.
  • All members must have been sponsored by two others in order to join. The sponsors must have had intimate relations with the new member.
  • Members of the Scarlet Rose are encouraged to have sexual relations with other members.
Some basics...
  • This will be set during the War of the Five Kings, before the Red Wedding.
  • Canon characters are allowed and welcome. Just be sure to reserve it.
  • No original Targaryen characters, though Blackfyres are fine.
  • The setting will be open, so that people can play where they want, but be sensible! Don't have someone travel from the Shadow Lands to Westeros in a day.
  • Characters that are bi, homoflexible, heteroflexible, pansexual, etc, are VERY much encouraged!
  • Updates shall occur... so keep checking in!

Important LinksIf you are interested feel free to post below! Share any thoughts you might have as to your character, where they might be located, their sex and sexuality, etc.

tumblr_lt46bmDgTn1qdftf9o1_1280.jpg

Lorra Sunderland is a high-born girl in exile. The girl was born and raised by her father Triston Sunderland, Lord of the Three Sisters. After her seven brothers, Lorra was - before being exiled - the eighth in line to inherit her father's titles.

When the girl was send on a ship to live out the rest of her life in Essos, she took matters into her own hands. In the middle of the night, she'd murder every merchant on the ship in their sleep and dropped their bodies into the ocean.
She'd sail back to the Sisters, knowing that there were many people who had always dreamed of a piratelife.
On the Three Sisters, pirates weren't looked down upon as much as in the rest of the continent, a lot of tales consist of anti-heroic pirates. Lowborn boys often dreamed to become a pirate one day.

Lorra Sunderland's crew:
- Rolan Torrent: One of the first persons to join her mission. Rolan was a good friend of Lorra and each time she visited Littlesister, they'd always have fun together. Rolan is First Mate.
- Tristan: One of the first persons to join her mission. Tristan is a lowborn friend of Rolan. Together with Rolan and Lorra, the only surviving members of the starting crew. Tristan is swordsman.
- Karson Harlaw: Karson was a former Longship surgeon. He decided not to go home when Lorra sunk his ship, but join her instead. Karson is surgeon.
- Eight: Eight is a freed slave from Lys, proving he deserved freedom by killing the crewmember who was supposed to keep an eye on Eight. He was later convinced by Lorra to join the crew, even though she wanted to sell him at first. Eight is cook, but keeps getting better in swordfighting.

I'll keep the list above updated, whenever I have inspiration for a new character.

Sex: Female
Ship: Fourth Sister
Location: Most of the time between south-west Essos and eastern Westeros, also depending on the other characters.
SEX: Lorra prefers girls and as her crew, makes use of captured slaves in this way. Although she prefers girls, she does take part in physical interaction with males, mostly to do somebody a favour or keep her crew in check when there's a lack of female slaves. When the price is right, she also sells her body sometimes.
Reason of punishment: Lorra is exiled because she sold her father's maiden to a couple of pirates into slavery.

Sounds like a very interesting concept for sure! I'm holding off on deciding if our group will support one of the current kings or not. Depends on if anyone wants to play as them.

An OC Lannister could be interesting indeed! Are you going to play a sibling of Cersei, Tyrion and Jaime? Perhaps of Tywin? Or a cousin?

Well what I had in mind was an OC cousin who is trying to climb the ladder to the top and be the warden of the west.

Very nice indeed! Well it looks like Kevan and Tygett are the canon brothers of Tywin that were married. Of course there is a lesser branch of Lannisters available as well if I remember correctly. Up to you of course!

Lovely to see that there's more animo ^^

Rivine said:
Very nice indeed! Well it looks like Kevan and Tygett are the canon brothers of Tywin that were married. Of course there is a lesser branch of Lannisters available as well if I remember correctly. Up to you of course!

Lannister of Casterly Rock
Lannister of Lannisport
Lannister of Darry

:D

Very intriguing idea! This has definitely caught my interest.
Blackfyres are allow eh? That is very tempting concept to explore, being reduced from contenders for the throne to mere sexual intrigue. I've divided between playing one of these bastard characters, or a noble Northmen of some sort. For the Old Gods!

I'll have a character up, but is there a specific sheet or style you want for these?

I am glad to see that so many of you are interested!

You can post your character concepts here.

I'll look them over and give them an approval.

Well we have our first character up. Looking forward to seeing more!

I like Game of Thrones but I'm having a difficult time coming up with a character concept. Maybe I'll join in later if you guys need a certain role to be filled. I have no problem being a bad guy for some conflict. :p

The more the merrier. I guess we need a noble or noblewoman who would employ the services of Scarlet Rose?

The Scarlet Rose is not a mercenary organization. Rather they work for the betterment of the position of all the members so that they can steer Westeros in the direction that they believe is best for it.

I want in! I think I want to be Dornish, of some sort. I will have to see what everyone else is doing.

Well it looks like there is new interest! So let's get this thing rolling again!

Sorry Mike, but Game of Thrones does not have that level of magic at the moment. In the setting there are only three (known) dragons at the moment, and none of them have shown magical abilities of that kind.

That being said, if you would still like to join us, you are more than welcome to make a character that fits the setting!

Back
Top Bottom