Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Twisted Reality(KaryxDuch)

She stopped and listened to the absolute quite before she heard a faint explosion, she turned her head slightly and darted off in that direction, it wasn't before long that she came close and found a large ogre almost on fire, she stayed back against the wall and saw him fighting it off as best he could, she manuvered around and climbed up its back wrinkling her nose at the stench and took her sword plunging it through the ogres head, she held it there for a minute before ripping it out and jumping off landing on a pillar and watching.

Jerked to the side once more as the mace slammed into the ground, kicking up dust, looking up at the face of the Ogre as he had seen her climbing up the back and jam her blade into the back of its skull. Once she had jumped off, the ogre fell forward, almost landing on him but he happened to get out of the way just in time. He breathed heavily, his hand holding his chest as he coughed once more before he stood. "Damn creatures.."

She watched it fall before she sheathed her sword and walked up to him standing infront of him and handing him a water " why am i always having to save your ass" she said and smirked wickedly at him before stepping away slightly and looking at the ogre shaking her head " nasty creatures these are" she said pushing against its head slightly before looking to him still smirking slightly.

Glared at her after she made that comment, he began to brush himself off. "Maybe if you weren't stalking me, you wouldn't be saving my ass..Plus I had him already, he was choking on the smoke, you just had to interfere like usual.." He eyed her for a moment before he looked at the last bottle of rum he had before he threw it at the ogre's head and watched it shatter. "Normal people would have a hard time taking one of these down...especially if they aren't clever.."

She rolled her eyes and waved her hand at him slightly " ya ya, well i hate that you stormed out the way you did, you know i thought we were building one of those relationships, you know when they both can't stand each other, but just can't get away from one another" she shrugged slightly and looked backa t him " i was enjoying the way things were going" she stepped over the ogre's head and started to walk to the entrance shaking her head slightly and stretching her arms out, it was a good thing he couldn't read mind cause everything in her was telling her to tell him how she felt but she just kept it inside to avoid all that mushy stuff.

Arched an eyebrow, his muscles tensing before he had shaken his head, he remained silent after she had spoken, watching her walk away toward the entrance. He slowly began to walk toward another building, though he didn't enter, he merely set it ablaze, the undead lurking inside wailed as they ran out in flames before they fell to the ground in flame. The flames continued to burn, spreading from house to house. He sighed and slowly began to make his way toward the exit, the infection was too strong here, they needed to be burned. "A relationship?..Ha..How amusing.."

She was waiting for him at the entrance and looked over at him before covering her nose and mouth with her coat sleeve, she continued to walk putting her hands behind her head and closing her eyes as she walked getting farther fromt he town ignoreing the screams of the undead, she turned her head back slightly to see him walking but he looked to be in pain, she didn't say anything letting him deal with it, after all she was sending caring vibes his way, but she wondered if thats how it works, she was never told these things.

Continued to walk, noticing she had stopped to wait for him at the entrance, his bright colored hues narrowed on her form, his muscles tensed. "Whats this?..I need a body guard now?.." He eyed her for a moment before he laughed. "I doubt many would have a problem having a girl like you as a bodyguard.." How she had taken it was her own deal, not his. He coughed, a little blood showing up in his hand before he had shaken his head and continued to walk, his chest hurt, but that was because he was so low on energy.

She turned to look at him just in time to see him cough up blood, she sighed softly and turned walking back over to him and pulling her piece of cloth out and placing it in his hand gently and acctully giving him a genuine smile, there was no hidden meaning to it, just a smile, she nodded again and started to turn and continue to walk back to town, she had decided she was going to stay for the time being, she can leave later.

Sighed as he had looked at the blood in his hand, until it was replaced by a cloth, he arched an eyebrow as he looked up at her, his look obviously confused. He was now suspicious of her, but he wouldn't ditch the cloth because of that fact, though if she chloroformed it he would be pissed when he woke up. He wiped the blood away from his mouth, noticing her smile, she didn't smile, she must have some alterior motive that he doesn't know about, it is odd how she seems to follow him around alot. For now though, he merely continued walking, his muscles tense and his bright blue hues narrowed on her form.

She continued to walk forward knowing he was looking at her trying to figure out why she did the things she did, honestly she didn't know ether, this was her wanting to be nice and cheerful to him, but another half feels like she didn't need him, she sighed at her conflicted emotions and closed her eyes as she walked, she wasn't sure what she was going to do next but she was going to try and be nice at least " think you can make it back to town Karyama?" she asked him turning her head slightly to look at him.

Arched an eyebrow as he looked up at her, his muscles tensing as he listened to her speak. Tilting his head to the side he nodded. "Of course I can..I've been through much worse than this.." He coughed once more, though it seemed to be a lot less than the night before, he just needed some time to relax a bit, but it didn't seem he would ever find time to do so. "Believe it or not..I've survived pretty well without a babysitter.."

She growled at this, " alright i try and be nice and you throw it back in my face you jerk" she glared at him before she continued to walk a bit faster this time trying to get back to her room and grab her things, that just sent her over the edge she was going to leave as soon as she got back he just drove her crazy.

Watched her expression change quickly from kind, to angry, he couldn't help but laugh. "Oh, don't forget this then.." He tossed the rag at her before he watched her walk off, he was a bit slower, merely because he was walking leisurely. He didn't know she was leaving, so he wasn't in any hurry. He coughed once more into his open hand, each time seemed to become less and less blood.

She had caught it and placed it in her pocket as she continued to walk, after about 30 minutes or so she was walking through the gates of the city the guards posted there checking her for bites and such and growling if they got to close to places they didn't belong in, she walked forward after her inspection and walked to the tavern and climbing the staires rather quickly, she started to grab her things and pack them in her bag and slung it over her shoulder and started for the door after pulling her hair up in a pony tail which seemed a bit odd since she didn't have ears like the humans did so it was just a blank space there.

Sat through the exams as he usually did, and after he was dubbed as healthy, he entered the city once more. He moved toward the officers building, to tell him of the news of the death of all those in the other town. His muscles tensed as he walked inside, and soon after, he made his way back out, headed toward that of the tavern. Moving up the stairs, he moved inside the room, and from the looks of it, the female had left. Arching an eyebrow, he was curious to how long she had been gone before he moved to lay down in his bed. "Oh well, guess she couldn't take it.."

She fell back on the bed and sighed softly her stuff beside her as she looked up at the ceiling, it would take her awhile to clean up the mess that was still in here from the invasion, she closed her eyes and stripped the sheets before grabbing tossing them in the sink and setting the rug on fire letting it burn, there was no way she was getting on her hands and feet to scrub it, she fanned out the smoke letting the vents open up and such, she left the house to let it air out before she walked to one of the stores who's owner had died and collected a large rug taking it back with her and laying it out on the floor, she blew her hair out of her face before sitting down and curling her tail around her, yes she was tired of being around him but that didn't mean she was going to leave the town, where else could she go there might not be another town like this...and that was depressing...she reached over to grab her dagger to sharppen it and found it not in the bag, she cursed softly and got up walking back to the tavern and climbing the steps easily and went to the door and started to open it but stopped and knocked instead.

Yawned and opened his eyes slightly when he heard the knock at the door. "Come on in.." When she entered, she would have noticed all of his things weren't strewn about, they were placed in a bag. He didn't have much, so it was easy to carry. Once she walked in, he had walked past her, whatever she had left behind was still where she left it, he had no use for her things. He was silent, and it was obvious he was almost at full strength again, as he walked toward the stairs, he began to whistle to himself before he moved into the tavern, giving a wave to the bartender before he walked outside, headed for the front gate. The room now seemed almost completely empty.

She stopped when he moved past her, she stayed silent for a moment before darting after him, she jumped up and grabbed hold of his arm before disappering with him in tow, they reappered in the little house she took up and pushed him slightly making him turn to face her she got closer to him gazing at him with those large green cat eyes " why do you make me crazy, what is so special about you that makes me want to be around you, i had in mind to leave today and never cross paths with you again but instead i find myself still here" she poked his chest lightly with her finger "and when i saw you leaving i felt a pain in my gut, why is that, what is so special about you that makes me feel this way?" she asked maybe a bit to forcefuly but she wanted answers and she wanted them now, this was her way of telling him she felt something for him, hopefully he will get the message.

Obviously wasn't happy with the fact she had taken it upon herself to take hold of him and teleport him elsewhere. His bright colored hues narrowed on her form as she forced him to turn around, his unhappiness reflected in his face. "How am I supposed to know? I am not some Guru.." As she reached out to poke his chest, he swatted her hand away from him. "Maybe because your so used to being around people who don't match your skill, much less someone who surpasses it..Perhaps that's why you can't seem to get away. "Your the one who chased after me time and time again, helping me even if I didn't ask for it...In fact, I was on my way out of town when you brought me here.." He looked around for a moment. "Your more than welcome to stay here, but I am off to another keep to see if I can provide some sort of relief from the torment they live every day.." He had caught on to what she was saying, but he wasn't going to acknowledge it as such, so he changed its meaning. With that he had moved toward her front door, though he didn't open it. "Good luck.." With that, he walked literally through the door, vanishing as if into thin air.

She stood there speechless, her heart just seemed to stop for a second before she clenched her hands into fists and her head hung down low for a second, there was a slight aura around her till she growled and snatched her things up and racing out the door, this wasn't over not by a long shot she decided to hunt him down, she was going to be a thorn in his side, when she found him, of yes she was going to annoy the hell out of him, she could match him physicly but not in the magical way, she raced out of the town it seeming to be a blur to the human eye, she jumped the rocks and flew through the sky and landed on the ground still running, she was in great shape so this was easy for her.

Little was actually known about Karyama's physical abilities, but magic could be used for far more than outward damage, had one honed their skill enough in it to do so. Karyama quickly made his way across the terrain, his speed would be mind bottling, had anyone been around to notice it, the only visible trace of his presence had been that of the dark red, glowing glyphs that had created a platform beneath him, for he was smart enough not to travel ground wise, there were many types of the dark creatures roaming around beneath him, and some had even tried to reach out and grab the form that was so far out of reach. His arms hung at his sides, his pack held to his back by the strap across his chest, his white hair flowing in the wind caused during his movment.

She wasn't able to do that fly through the air like he did but she skilled enough to manuver around the undead, she jumped up on buildings and large rocks still going at a fast speed probably not at his speed but it was still fast, she had see a faint red glow in the distance and decided to take a chance in following it, she moved through the terrain easily keeping her bag on her shoulders tight against her back.

Watched as another keep had come into view, his bright colored hues looking it over, the doors looked like they were about to give, but otherwise those inside were still protected, for the short time. He would have moved closer, some of the guards pointing up at him, and others lifting bows in defense of their homes. "Speak or die!.." Karyama had bowed his head slightly. "I have come with no harm to you, but to harm those at your gates.." He nodded once more and approached the walls, releasing his spell and dropping on the stone walls. The guards looked worn out, their armor was dirty and some were riddled with holes. The one he assumed to be the leading officer spoke. "Thank god..Are there others alive out there?.." Karyama nodded slightly. "There is a stand being made, but you would have to ride hard to the north to make it, and there are quite a few creatures between the two...We have a foothold at the shore, and they are slowly pushing south, I have come to help defend for as long as you hold out..How many are there left..Men who can fight?.." The rough looking soldier nodded his head for a moment. "Good good!.." His face darkened at the next question. "We are all that are left..The rest are elders, children, or women..We lost many to these damned things!..Our numbers are dwindling, and we need food.." Karyama turned to look into the city, the place was falling apart, obviously the years of inability to be fixed up had left the place in ruins, there seemed to be only a handful of famlies still alive, and there had been only twenty men capable of fighting remaining on the walls as guards. "Alright..I will see what I can do about getting more men to you, and perhaps to open a safe line to get you back to safety.."

She zoomed through and reached the keep by nightfall, she jumped on a high rock and sat down looking at the keep and watching everyone, she grinned slightly when seeing him and fell back on her back looking up at the night sky and sighing softly closing her eyes, she was high enough to were the undead couldn't get to her, she wondered what he would do when he saw her, probably curse at her and continue on his business, but she was going to put on a new face, kind and caring maybe, no that wasn't her cup of tea, she thought about this before she jumped up and jumped in the air and falling to land on the walls, she decided that if he really needed her she would help, but other than that she was just going to be there, poping in and out on different times untill he got pissed off enough to come after her maybe.

Back
Top Bottom