Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Twisted Reality(KaryxDuch)

Hit the floor with a loud thud, groaning as he was shoved off the bed, obviously he wasn't happy with the fact she pushed him off. He looked up, his vision blurred as he watched her leap out of the window. Then the screams reached his ears, causing him to stand slowly, staggering, his hand moving to his head as if to physically stop the throbbing pain from both the alcohol, and the contact of his head to the floor. Soon enough, he had put on his boots and moved to the window. He moved to the door and headed down into the street. His bright blue hues narrowed on an undead as it tried to bite a man who was barely holding him off by placing a hand to its throat. He tried to focus his attention on the undead as he began to stumble toward it quickly, pulling out its sword and slamming his shoulder into the creature, knocking it to the ground as his sword slipped through its neck and severing the spinal cord to the brain.

She was off in the distance helping a few children run for cover, she spun around kicking one of them in the head, then taking her dagger and flinging it forward impaling the one she had kicked in the head and pinning it to the wooden pole of a shop, she pushed the kids into hiding and closed the door before she growled when one jumped on her from behind and tried to bite her, she gasped softly and flipped the thing over her and smashing his head in with her foot, she kicked the stuff off her foot and growled drawing her sword and taking the dagger out of the one she impaled with it, she sheathed it and walked through cutting down any undead she saw in her path.

Gripped his forehead tightly as he struggled to maintain some sort of competent thinking. His blue hues flared with energy, pulsations of the magical nature emitted from his form. "Ugh..I am going to have to quit drinking at this rate.." One of the undead monsters reached out to grab him, though it was unfortunate when the body stiffened, the ground beneath it began to crack slightly as enough electrical voltage to take down a large buffalo surged through the corpse, its organs frying within its body, giving off a nasty, burning flesh smell. As it fell to the ground, its blood splattered around its form. His muscles tensed, stumbling once more before he righted himself, finally gaining control of his bearings. "You bastards always have to come at the worst times.." He flicked his wrist, flinging blood to the ground as the man the first once was attacking attempted to get away, only to back toward Karyama as the undead began to flood the courtyard of the keep where he stood. "How did this many get in without being known about?.." His gaze shifted to one of the undead, it was a guard that he had seen standing at the front gate. "That's why..Sneaky fuckers.."

She eventully landed beside him her sword in hand and looked at him " wow...you need to stop drinking" she said gazing at him and laughing all while looking at the undead beings " hummm...think you can take them with out destroying the walls?" she asked and gazed at him before she turned seeing them flood in from the other side...behind them, she turned and pointed her sword forward " there is no way, how did this happen so quickly" she asked above the noise and screaming.

Narrowed his gaze at the female as she had dropped down next to him. His muscles tensed harder at her comments. "Yeah well maybe I wouldn't have to drink so much to pass out so your snoring doesn't keep me awake.." He laughed, he was kidding with her before he shrugged. "I don't know..Maybe someone was infected and didn't let anyone know out of fear..and then it spread within the walls.." He pointed toward the main gate, which was still shut. "They have no way in..." His gaze shifted over the faces, before there was one he recognized. "Her!.." It was the female from before, her body looked freshly killed, she had her throat slit, and from what it looked like, with the blood trickling down her thighs, she was raped and murdered. He shook his head for a moment. "Idiots..I'm an idiot for allowing that girl to live.." His gaze narrowed on the group that passed toward the undead that approached him. The male he had saved was next to them, and other than being startled, he looked like he was fine. Karyama turned, offering his sword to the man. "Here, this should help you stay alive..Aim for their necks and try to remove the heads, that way they cant use their bodies anymore...I hope you know how to use one of those.." He returned his attention toward those whom had approached him before he jerked his body forward, his palm slamming into the chest of one of the undead, and with a loud cracking, and a heavy moan, an indention formed on the back of the undead before it suddenly opened into a large hole, the insides burning up the undead from the inside out, watching as it burned up in literal flames.

His fingers trailed through the flames of the corpse before he continued it across the ground, and a line of fire was created in a straight line in the direction in which he had done so, creating a wall of flames, a sort of shield to keep that direction clean of the infected. "A lot of people died to the perversion of a few..Its almost sad.."

She bit her lips and called back to him " think you can aim that wall this way Kary!" she said and sliced through a few of them and stabbing the head, she looked back at the male that had been givin a sword have a horrified look on his face " don't just stand there do somthing!" she spun around chopping the heads off three of them and sighed softly.

Jerked his head toward her form as she had yelled at him. "Fine I will help you out since you can't do it yourself.." He laughed for a moment, he was teasing her again before he stopped, his feet set apart, his muscles tensing as he lifted both hands, palms aimed forward as he closed his eyes. He let out a long exhale as the air slowly seemed to warp, pain etched across his face as he grunted, creatures seemed to spawn from the air itself, a massive elemental erupted in front of the female and the horrified male. The Elemental jerked its arm, a massive gust of air sending half of them against the keeps wall, splattering them into morbid heaps. Karyama collapsed to his knees, like he said before, it expending a lot of energy to continuously cast. The undead seemed distracted by the massive form as it continued to crush and smash the creatures surrounding it. Karyama used his right arm to brace himself, coughing loudly and some blood dripping to the ground beneath him. "Damnit.."

She saw him collapse, her immediate reaction was to brace him, she got behind him and wrapped her arms around him holding him up with her form, she looked up at the elemental and blinked watching the undead seeming to disapper, she sighed softly and moved his hair out of his face with her fingers gently and wiping the blood off his chin still holding him up " you alright?" she asked him loking down at him.

Felt arms wrap around him as she had picked him up. He felt her breasts pressed to his back, though if it had any reaction, he wouldn't have shown any indication. He arched an eyebrow when she had wiped some blood from his chin. "Your..A very confusing woman..." He almost laughed, it he didn't have his smart ass attitude, he wouldn't have anything at all. He lifted his gaze, which didn't glow as they had before, he was drained, he was merely human for now, until he had the chance to rest. "Yeah, I'm fine.." He sighed to himself for a moment before he looked up at her, standing up by himself now. "Don't worry about me..help the others.." The man who was stunned with fear had crawled back toward them. "My Daughter!..She was at the house!..Please help her!.." Karyama's dim blue hues looked at the male, then looked toward the building he had indicated, it was on the other side of the elemental, and the undead were flooding into it. "Her survival is slim..Unless she is good at hiding..And you have sturdy doors.." The mans pleading hues looked between the two. "Please..She is only five..She is all I have!.."

She smiled at him and helped him stand before she passed him over to the male " ill get her your to weak to do anything more Kary" she loked at them before she smiled and snaped her fingers before she disappered, she stayed gone till there were slicing sounds heard from inside the house, she growled slightly and looked around going to a closet and opening it finding the child, she grabbed her and hoisted her on her back telling her to hang on, she sliced her way through and jumping through the roof and landing on a highroof, she looked around and dashed down and jumped p and landing next to the two men and handed off the child.

Sat down for a moment, sighing to himself as he watched her randomly vanish. "What the hell?..." He shook his head before she had reappeared and handed the man the child. He laid back on the ground, staring up at the sky and breathing heavily. "Whew..These bastards are going to kill me one day.." He closed his eyes, the man thanked her over and over again, holding his daughter tightly in his arms, she seemed to be fine, she was lucky, for other families weren't so lucky. The elemental finished off the remaining undead before returning to Karyama. "It is done..master.." Its voice was deep and demonic almost, Karyama merely looked up at him before nodding his head, and with that, the elemental vanished.

She stood above him making sure non had gotten to them, she pursed her lips slightly and sheathed her sword and bent down looking at him " you alright?" she asked tilting her head back slightly to look down at him her ears laying low slightly and her green cat eyes watching him closely, she moved her tail from side to side slightly behind her and stayed down there with him looking around watching the father and his daughter.

Looked up at her as she looked down to him, his eyebrow arched slightly, his muscles tensing, slowly he lifted an arm, checking his pulse, his eyebrow arching. His head tilted, his dark colored hues narrowed on her form. "Well..I don't feel dead...Though..I kind of wish I was.." He laughed to himself before he slowly sat up. "I could use some rest now.."

She pushed him a bit and shook her head " fine, go rest then" she got up and left him there on the ground walking away from him to see if there were any survivers, she was grumbling slightly climbing the stacked buildings and looking in the windows before jumping in them and opening closets and doors, she did find a few and helped them out all while searching, it took her hours to search the entire town but she had finished around midnight, she yawned slightly and groaned a bit as she climbed the steps inside the tavern and went to her room and collapsing on the bed her head in the pillow.

Fell back as she pushed him to the ground again, he merely sighed and laid there for awhile as she had went to help the others. Once he had gathered enough strength, he stood and began to make his way back to the tavern, once inside the room, he was passed out, more than likely he wasn't going to wake up for a long time, and he hadn't had enough energy to produce his usual shield, he was still coughing up blood, which splattered on the pillow.

She had seen him on the bed and the blood on his pillow, she shook her head and removed her boots and other things and just sat there in her corset and boy shorts which she wore around all the time, she sat at the end of the bed and closing her eyes slightly before she got up and walked over to him grabbing a cloth and wiping his mouth slightly she sat on the floor and layed her head down on her arms that were on the bed next to him her eyes closing and soon she was asleep her ears down and her tail draped over her curled up legs.

The next morning, Karyama stirred, his eyes opening and his hues retaining their usual unearthly glow. He turned over slightly to see her sleeping at the edge of his bed. This girl confused him, she was either calm, or angry around him, and yet for the second time, she had taken care of him. Slowly sitting up, he would have moved quietly off the bed, smiling to her as he slowly picked her up and had lain her down in his bed, being cooped up like that couldn't have felt too good on her muscles. His chest still hurt, but he wasn't coughing up blood, nor was he at full strength, but at least he could move.

When he layed her in the bed she rolled over and made a small sleepy sound pulling her hand up and bending it back a bit to cover her mouth, she looked peaceful and harmless at this point, she stayed there asleep for the time being till she opened her eyes to find herself on a bed, she blinked slightly and thought that maybe she had gone back to her bed but she looked around and found her sword and other things ont he other side of the room, she bolted up and looked around for him, he had put her here, had she fallen asleep beside the bed, oh god this wasn't good, not good at all, she jumped out of the bed and backed away from it before tripping over the chair int he room and falling back, "real graceful" she thought and sighed softly sitting up.

Arched an eyebrow, his muscles tensing as he watched her stand up and trip over the chair. "Bright move..Agile for a cat girl.." He laughed to himself once more. "Any particular reason you decided to sleep in my bed?..Yours not comfortable enough for you?..Or were you hoping to cuddle!.." His gaze narrowed on her form, his hues looking her over as she was on the ground. "So what the hell is with you?..You act like a bitch to me..and then you turn around and help me out randomly..Mixed emotions?.."

She growled and jumped up looking at him with an angry look on her face " i wasn't in your bed and who in thier right mind would want to cuddle with you" she stood and crossed her arms slightly and turning her head to the side " and i don't know what you mean" she said turning her back to him keeping her arms crossed and looking out the window being stubborn in her emotions.

Crossed his arms over his chest, it still hurt yeah, but not that bad. He shook his head, his eyes closing before he shrugged. "Whatever..I don't care..And I'd hope no one would want to cuddle with me, and luckily, from what I know of..No one dies.." He grinned at the thought before he moved toward the door, walking out and slamming the door behind him, his whereabouts became unknown from then on for the rest of the day. That was 'if' she even tried to look for him, when he usually would be in the tavern, he wasn't.

her ears fall and she sighs softly sitting on his bed and pushing her hair back and out of her face, she bit her lips slightly and rubbed her head, she didn't know what she was doing constantly pushing him away and pulling him back, she was so mixed up she didn't know what to think, she had thought about going to find him but he was just as quick as her there was no way she could find him, she decided to take a chance, she grabbed her boots pulling them on and flinging her sword on her back and ran out of the room moving down the steps not seeing him in the tavern, she ran out and looked left to right before she took off down the road to try and spot him some how.

Sighed to himself, he was actually in the next town, well, what was left of it. He tapped his chin, it was quiet, a lot more quiet than he has expected. "Well now..It seems I know where those from yesterday, the one who had bitten the female was from here. He looked toward the gates, they were open. "How sad..The infection must have spread so rapidly, they didn't have the chance to escape. Some of the buildings were burned, perhaps lanterns being knocked over, but other than that it seemed the place was completely abandoned, he moved into the tavern, moving behind the bar and looking for a drink.

She searched the entire town and didn't find him, she went back to their room and grabbed her coat and flinging in on her shoulders before jumping onto the wall of the town and looking around, she bit her lips slightly and jumped down walking away from the safty of the town and moved through the bare plain, she walked and walk thinking it might be best to leave for a while maybe leave him be but she had to tell him herself so she had to find him and she couldn' wait for him to come back she just wasn't that type of girl.

Sighed as he had taken a few bottles and began to head for the door, that was until a loud roar echoed throughout the small town he was in. A few seconds later, there was another, then the sight of Karyama leaping out of the front door of the tavern as a massive Ogre shattered the wall and caused the roof to cave in. "No wonder there was no survivors!.." Rotting flesh hung from its teeth, human body parts were hanging around its waist, like an edible belt. "Waiting for traders to show up for a quick meal huh!.." He jumped back once more, his chest ached, but he didn't have the time to worry about it, he took one of the bottles of rum he was carrying and threw it at the chest of the creature, watching it shatter and the alcohol covering its form. It thought nothing of it as it continued to stomp after him, a crudely made mace coming down on the spot where Karyama was moments ago, he rolled to the side and popped the cork to another bottle, tearing off a piece of his sleeve and stuffing into the bottle, using what little energy he could spare to light the rag on fire, he threw it on the ground at the feet of the ogre. The flames bit at the legs of the ogre, until something happened, the chest of the creature caught flame, its skin blistering as smoke and flames obscured its view and ability to breath, but still, it came, blind and enraged, it began to swing wildly as Karyama tried to out maneuver it.

Back
Top Bottom