Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Princess's Keeper - Closed{Sophie Jones X Elvenoff}

Persephone was a little bit shocked when he so quickly pulled out his dagger. Well didn't he seem so eager to cut off her hair! Well at least that's how Persephone saw it. He didn't protest or anything. Persephone began to twirl a strand of her hair. Did he not like her long hair? It was a silly and childish thought but it was there. She shook her head. Of course he liked her hair,well, as far as she was concerned. Should she actually cut it? She's never cut her hair before, not once. No wonder it was so long, it reached all the way down to the small of her back. Maybe it was time to cut it. It would get in the way if she were to fight. Hair grew back. It would surely grow back. But still.. She couldn't believe she was so attached to something like her hair! She'd have to cut it in order to not get noticed. Plain and simple. What Galron said gave her even more reason to cut her hair. "Just do me first and get it over with." She sighed, trying to hold back a pout. "And stop smiling! Its nothing to smile about!" She complained quietly. "And I didn't want to stay back at the cottage. The last time you left me there you were pierced with poisoned arrows! I am not letting you out of might sight." She declared but that declaration wasn't long lived because as soon as she knew it Galron was going to go scout ahead, leaving her there in the bush.

Persephone couldn't believe this. He was just going to leave her alone, in these woods, in a bush!? What if someone or something approached her? She wasn't prepared to fight yet! When Galron had left Persephone grumbled and pulled out the small mirror and the dagger he had given to her yesterday. She placed the mirror on her lap and grabbed her hair. "It's just hair.." She repeated to herself as she began to saw at her hair. The outcome actually wasn't that bad. She had cut it just below her ears but kept her long bangs. "Ha! Persephone laughed. "And mother and father said I couldn't be trusted with knives." She boasted to herself.

After an hour had passed Galron had finally came back. "I did it!" She cheered with an accomplished smilde as she held up a fistful of her cut off hair. It wasn't until he grabbed a bottle did she notice his sour mood. hat had happened to him. Persephone put down the chopped off hair when he shook her head and listened as he spoke. Her own mood soured when he told her to go back to the cottage. "I don't want to go back. You keep leaving me alone! I do trust you Galron but like you said I am only safe for now. What I go and run into huntsmen?It was easy for Nadia to find us, it will be easier for them. I won't slow you down." She insisted but it didn't seem like he would buy it. Persephone rolled her eyes and sat up from the ground. "Fine. Do as you wish." She said, never giving him that nod of understanding because she didn't understand.What if Nadia didn't come back and what if he never came back. She wouldn't have anyway of knowing. Persephone snatched the pack that she had packed for herself off of the ground and started to walk away without another word. She wanted to cry, she was being sent off alone again, but she was to angry too cry.

Galron watched her leave without saying a word to him, that was like having a blade shoved through his heart. He looked over to the direction she stormed off. “I have and always will love you.” He silently whispered to her. He just couldn’t tell her why he didn’t want her to come for it would have drove her insane with worry till they actually found her and there was no guarantee that they would have found her and then what would that have done to Persephone? Drive her mad was what Galron told himself when he weighted the options of taking her or sending her back to the Cottage, it way it tore him apart, but the sword to the heart killed him. He looked at the link of hair that was on the ground. He wanted to tell her that she looked gorgeous even with short hair. He intertwined the lengths of hair to form a strong link, he wrapped it around his belt. He stood up and looked the way she stormed away. “I’m so sorry I just didn’t want you to see your friend impelled upon a cooking bar roasting over a flame. I could not handle watching you hurt so much. Now the only pain is the one that I’m feeling now.” He spoke to the air as if it was her…

He turned, pulled his sword and headed for that Hobgoblin cap he seen. He will make them talk or he will dye trying. He loved Persephone with all of his heart and he wasn’t about to watch her grieve over the love she lost due to him not doing his job of protecting them. He now marched toward the goblin camp with an determination, To find Nadia…. A small figure watched what went on with growing interest but as the two groups split up the figure moved with Galron. Stopping when he stopped, moved when he did.

Meanwhile Persephone reached home in about two hours, the sun was about high noon. Upon entering the home Nadia was sitting at the table with red filled eyes. She jumped up when Persephone walked in the door. She stopped suddenly from a full blown run toward Persephone…She pointed to the hair.. “What happened?” … She looked around, walked to the door and opened it… “NO, NO !” She spun around “NO!, he isn’t out there! Tell me he isn’t out there! Persephone tell me that he is just gathering wood please just tell me he isn’t out there!” Tears filled her eyes… “Why? Why did you two leave here! Why..” She dropped into the chair pushed her face into her hands.. “I’m sorry if I would have stayed here, but I was ashamed for letting Galron see us like that.. I should have stayed..” She fell silent..

Back
Top Bottom