Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Wildlands (rskde & BurningWillows)

Red-Hot-100-exhibition-01.jpg

Red kicked a SWAT member in the mouth, sending him flying off the side of the building to the ground below. Running backwards, he didn't turn till he was feet from the copter, jumping inside with Arya at his heels. Katerina was already in, waiting with the hacker at her feet.

tumblr_lzmzkaii4U1r5wetko1_400.png

Shrake pulls up, flying away from the building as shots hit the helicopter, causing the entire vehicle to shake. They fly off into the night and arrive back I'm the hotel, where Shrake covers the chopper and leads the hacker to a room adjacent to Kat and Winters room, where he is locked inside.

sarah-fabel-by-jake-raynor-11.jpg

As they arrive back, Kat heads straight for her room with Winters in tow, exhausted and grimy. Seeing Shrake put Lion in the next room she pauses, wanting to know why.

"Shrake...why is he being locked beside us? Why not in one of the rooms near Harris, or the basement...?"

Or anywhere where he won't drive me crazy, she thought silently.

Shrake laughs. "Lion is disposable to Skull Face, and he knows it too, that kid won't try to escape and he knows if he annoys us, we'll just kill him, so don't worry about him, we might need his expertise anyway, one day he might even be on the team, who knows." He says before clapping her on the shoulder.

"Have fun with your boyfriend." He says to her with a laugh before walking off.

Katerina laughed, "I will. Goodnight boss. C'mon babe."

Opening their room door she let him in first, locking the door. Setting her glock on the table she started to undress, yawning widely as she did.

"God I need sleep."

Feat-image-July-Brent.jpeg

Winters chuckles and waves his goodbye to Shrake, he pulls his gear off and leaves his weapons on top of it, he takes off his shirt and BDU's and shirt before laying down on their bed, putting his hands behind the back of his head before yawning.

"I completely agree, that was.. Exhausting to say the least." He says quietly.

Slipping into sweats and a black tank top she climbed into bed, resting her head on one of his arms. Her eyes shut almost immediately, and even as she went to say goodnight sleep pulled at her, leaving her sentence unfinished.

Winters gives her a quick kiss on the top of her head before he wraps his arms around her and allows himself to accept sleep, the darkness of his mind entering this stage quickly sweeping over him.

Waking up the next morning, Kat slipped into a shower before heading down to make breakfast for the team. Arya and her switched off each day, one of them cooking breakfast, the other providing dinner. They never made anything grand, but at least with a working fridge and stove they had been able to keep a few luxuries like milk and eggs. Katerina was set on scrambled eggs and toast for the team, with fresh coffee to boot.

f67efdb2d38134f6e0dc94f82b94de3d.png

While they eat, Lion steps out of his room, making his way downstairs. He sits in the corner, and when they aren't looking slips himself a bit of food, still unsure about how the team felt about him.. Still unsure if they would kill him. He eats in silence, smoothing his hair back and adjusting his glasses to allow himself to see them better.

He looks around at the team and observes them, making footnotes in his mind as if studying them.

She saw him entered but pretended not to notice, finishing the last of the toast. After everyone served themselves she got her own plate. It was easy to sneak up behind the nervous hacker, dropping her plate beside him to startle him as she sat down, her face none-to-happy.

"So your the one making our lives hell as of late," she glared at him, "You thought this was the wise move?"

She motioned to being in the room, then nodded over to Al who was focused solely on his meal. The man still hadn't talked to Kat, and she couldn't blame him. She could blame this kid.

"See that man?" she asked, waiting for him to nod, "Yeah your little fucking stint for a password got his girlfriend killed. Remember her? Red hair, vibrant green eyes. You. Killed. Her."

She grabbed her plate and stood, making a disgusted look, "You try to leave this hotel and none of us will blink twice to put a bullet through your head. If your smart, you'll keep your head down and show us why we shouldn't kill you."

At that she stomped off, moving to a table with Red.

"Winters is on patrol," he grinned, happy as ever, "I'll finish up and bring him a plate."

"Thank you."

He watches her go before standing up, walking over to her and grabbing her shoulder roughly before speaking.

"Katerina, I didn't kill anybody, you think if I had looked Narcos in the eye and said 'This isn't fair' that he would let me live? Maybe you should fucking think about your mission, and think about the fact that the man never trusted me with a weapon." He says before pushing her away, keeping his feet planted on the floor, he looks pissed off at her accusations.

He grabbed her shoulders and Kat instinctively reared her arm back to slam her fist in his face, but paused at the last second. Even as he spoke, she wished she had gone through with the knock out punch, just to shut his whining up.

"No one joins that cartel and thinks 'this'll be fun! No one will die, and I'll have a splendid time!' Wake up. I was in there a hell of a lot longer than you. You KNEW what would come of it, you KNEW the consequences and you KNEW what you signed up for."

She was yelling at this point, the entire room deadly silent.

"Whether you pulled the fucking trigger or not, in my eyes that whole damn cartel is responsible for every fucking death this team or this country suffers. That includes you, kid, just as much as it includes me."

She hated admitting it, but she knew it was true. Sure she had never killed a citizen or a Ghost, but like she said, standing idly by was no better than pulling the trigger. Once you joined that cartel, you were as guilty as the rest of them.

Katerina stormed out, shoving past him as she slammed through the kitchen door. Her raging temper was at a new high, and anyone who got in her way would get a fistful. Stomping upstairs she flew into her bedroom, slamming her door shut as she dropped to the bed, pissed at the idiot kid for not taking responsibility, and angry at herself.

He is silent before walking back to his room.

Winters jogs to their room, sneaking in and silently closing the door behind him. He sits down on the bed and places his hand on her wrist.

"You alright?"

Kat sighed, dropping her head into her hands, "I'm just...I see him and all I can see is that night...you know when..."

She leaned into him, "I don't trust him."

He kisses the top of her head. "Well, I trust him.. Kinda, any man who is willing to just leave a man like Skull Face and not complain is crazy, he was getting everything he could possibly want, but made no complaint when we captured him." He explains.

"I guess I kind've admire his courage in the whole ordeal, I mean, he didn't have anything to do with her death, he didn't tell Skull Face to do it, Narcos is twisted and evil, but I don't see that I'm that kid."

"You never want to complain if you get the chance to leave the place unscathed. I still won't trust him. Not with what he's seen or been affiliated with. Don't try to change my mind Kevin. I'm serious. He steps one toe out of line and I'll put a bullet through that smart mouth of his."

She rubbed her face again, trying to ease the guilt she felt over Emberly.

"I think I'm going to take a run, and then maybe see just how badly they screwed with my laptop."

Kissing his head she left, wandering downstairs and outside, wanting to run till her feet hurt just to take her mind off of things.

He makes his way downstairs again, making sure to avoid Katerina and Al for the sake of not getting yelled at. He opens one of the refrigerators and grabs a cool water bottle, opening it and taking a sip from it, as if determining if it was poisoned.

He looks around the lobby and spots Arya standing alone, he walks over to her. "Hello." He says to her quietly.

Summer-Glau-actresses-638016_1776_1920_zpseapl5gyo.jpg

Arya had heard the outburst, and decided it was best not to involve herself, or get near anyone. When the voice pipes up behind her she almost jumps, turning to face him.

"Um, hi," she purses her lips, "Look...I'm not sure what happened, but for the record Em was my best friend and she's dead and..."

Arya's words failed, sticking to her throat. It was still hard to admit that Ember was dead.

"I just can't," she choked out, moving away, "Sorry. Um, if your looking to talk to someone try Red. On the roof. I have...to go."

She bolted out, moving to her new med lab where she shut herself in, trying to remain calm.

He sighs and watches her leave, at this point he wasn't in the mood to talk anymore, everyone here seemed to blame him for something he hadn't even done, he hadn't even been given a chance to explain.

He goes up to his room and locks the door, laying down on his bed and staring up at the ceiling.

When Katerina returned she retrieved her laptop from Shrake, hiding away in her room as she opened it and turned it on. It took her a bit to sort through all the messed up files and whatnot and finally she pulled up a new empty document, typing in a small sentence.

Were you caught?

She didn't expect an answer anytime soon. Her handler rarely answered right away, but she needed to know if he had been caught or if her trust in his skills was true. Knowing it could be awhile she decided to shower then find Kevin, needing to apologise for her outburst.

Shrake is waiting outside of Kat's door, when she opens the door he steps in front of her.

"Interesting outburst this morning, I forgot to talk to you about it.. It seems to me that you don't like our new.. Accomplice, and I just want to remind you of your first days in Casper, how everybody hated your guts because three of our team members were killed by your 'lover' at the time." He says to her, crossing his arms. "You need to cut him some slack, like it or not we're all out here together, we can't be waving our guns in each others faces or all hell will break loose, am I getting through to you?"

"Yes sir," she sighed, biting her tongue from the remark she was going to make.

Excusing herself she made her way to the roof to find Kevin, apologizing for ditching him earlier for the run. Kissing him sweetly she moved back downstairs, hiding in her room once more. She was still pissed -at the new kid, at herself, at the entire freaking situation at hand. Her focus turned back to the laptop, staring at the blank page that had yet to receive a response.

Pushing the laptop under the bed, she curled up on the mattress, trying to think of what to do next.

Lion watches her enter her room, he takes a step towards the door, hesitantly knocking on it. Shrake had spoken to him, telling him to attempt to make amends, which he would try to do now, if she even opened the door for him.

Yawning, Kat sat up and moved to the door, opening it cautiously. When she saw who it was she restrained herself from slamming it shut, feeling like everyone was down her throat today.

"Yes?" she asked rather bleaky, rubbing sleep from one of her eyes.

Back
Top Bottom