Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Rule of the Church is Absolute (me and Fogu_s_Tofu)

Aischylos had stopped several times in the walk, a few with her but mostly on his own which caused her to stop with him. The walk did regulate the ache to a dull pain after a while and his gate had become rigid, ut he did push himself a little more, determined as he was. yet, he'd kept his promis of resting when he had too. now they were just a few feet from the cave and he'd rather stop in the sun for now.

"It is a little windy. Oh though it brings the smell of pine to me. It is a cool wind, and with the warm sun makes for a delightful setting." He sat on a rock that was against a tree and pointed to a spring that was not on the map. "Fresh water, how fortunate." he took off the pack he'd insisted on holding, he was hurt, not useless, it was the point he'd made. "How fortunate." he said again as he leaned back to rest.

Rosetta watched him lean back and rest against the tree. She smiled a little and patted his shoulder before she dropped her own pack and walked over to the spring, filling her canteen. She brought it back to him and held it against his lips and said "Come on, drink something" she said softly, helping him.

Once he had had his fill she refilled her canteen again and sat down near him, thinking about where they should go next. She really had no idea about the lands around the city.

He did as he was told, drinking about a fifth of the water. When finished he thanked her and rested once more. "this would be a lovely place to draw and paint." He stated as he looked out across the clearing on the other side of the spring. "I think i'll take a nap." He spoke softly as the ache of his wounds was high from the journey.

Rosetta looked at him and said "Lie down on the bed mat first" she told him. She began to unroll the bed roll and she looked over at him watching him.

He did as was suggested. Moving over and lying down once it was unrolled. it was wider than he'd thought. "thank you for unrolling it, I don't think I could have stooped over like that."

He felt tired, maybe he did rush it, but here they could rest up safely.

Back
Top Bottom