Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Purely Business (Goody and Mysterious)

Diego smiled at her. "Don't worry. I never sleep naked," Diego said to her with a smile. The idea of getting to sleep with her, as in sleep in the same bed, excited him. Diego nodded. While he let her go through her routine, he went through his. He changed into a plain white t-shirt and pajama shorts before brushing his teeth and washing his face. He even decided to bring over his trusted blanket with him if she wanted to use it.

Diego was waiting outside of her room for her to finish up with her ritual and to arrive back. "Thanks again," he said to her.

"You could have came in, I wouldn't have minded. I was simply brushing my teeth, doing my face, and all that good stuff," she shut the life off in the bathroom. The bed looked so appealing and she was so tired, so she ran and flopped on the bed laying like a starfish in the middle. She giggled and rolled over to her back. "I promise I don't kick or scratch. Not sure if I hog the sheets. If your pillow is too close to me I may just steal it," she warned with a smile.

She rolled over to her side, the side closest to the window. "From now on that will be your side," she pointed.

Diego entered the room with her inside. He also felt tired, though not as tired as Joy was though. He smiled when she giggled and went over to his side. "Don't me surprised if I hug you in the middle of the night," Diego teased right back at her before he went in bed with her. He felt sleep over-take him and he couldn't help but wrap an arm around his bride-to-be.

He fell asleep with a smile on his face as he shared his warmth with her. He dreamt of her and life with her. When the sunlight came, it showered him in golden light. He stirred a bit as he was holding her in his arms.

Though they started off with so much space between them, it was easy for Joyce to settle in Diego's arms. Her body easily relaxed against his warmth, making it easier for her to fall into a deeper sleep.

Even as she slowly started to come out of her sleep, Joy was content to rest as they were. But, it wasn't meant to last, her alarm was going off. It was time to eat, get dressed, and head out the door, but this was better. She hit the snooze button then turned in his arms. "Hello there," she smiled.

She slid out of his grasp to grab her robe. "Want to join me for breakfast?"

Diego began waking up when he felt Joy began stirring in his arms. "Good morning! That was the best sleep I had. I'm guessing it was the same for you," Diego asked her before he stretched in bed and followed her out of bed. "I think I'll put the rest of my stuff here... in our room. If that's okay with you that is," Diego said to her with a smile.

"How about I make us breakfast, Joy?" Diego offered to her as he looked through the fridge. "I know a pretty cool pancake recipe using cottage cheese and greek yogurt for some protein-filled pancakes that are delicious," he said to her.

"I'd like to give those a try. They sound like could be pretty tasty," she would let him make breakfast so she could get dressed and hair readied. It would be nice to have a man around who could cook. His schedule was a little more flexible than her, so he would probably end up cooking a little more than she would.

She came downstairs dressed in brown slacks and a cream blouse. She grabbed her tea kettle so she could get some hot water going. "Would you like some tea," she readied her mug for the soon hot water.

Diego smiled as he began getting out the ingredients to make the pancakes. He was happy he brought his "Cook This, Not That" cookbook to help him make healthy and delicious food for them and later their family. He mixed the ingredients and was prepping the pancakes while setting the fruit ready to make the fruit compote to accompany the pancakes.

By the time that Joy came downstairs, there was a growing stack of fluffy pancakes formed on a plate along with a small bowl of the fruit compote to pour over the pancakes. "Yeah I would like some tea, dear," he said with a smile. "When would you like to meet my folks?" he asked her.

"I would love for your folks to come visit. There's more than enough room for them here. I want them to be comfortable with me being their daughter-in-law. Speaking of in-laws, you must have some some good things to both quell my parents and getting them to text me about you ," she held up her phone to show the ten text she hadn't opened up yet.

Joyce set up some sugar and tea bags at the table. The kitchen smelled of the sweet fruit compote. " That smells great," she smiled grabbing more plates and some silverwear. " see you were able to find your way around my kitchen, quite easily. I keep it pretty organized," she stacked two pancakes on her plate.

"Heh, I was just being a good person," Diego said slightly shyly as he blushed a bit and rubbed the back of his head. He tended to do this when he was sheepish or when he was being praised. He wasn't used to people complimenting him like this and it made him feel really good.

"Yeah, that's really nice," Diego noted as he served them the food before taking it to their table and he held the seat for her to sit on. "I did call them the day before yesterday. They're prepping to fly in some time next week. You'll probably meet my younger brother at the engagement party since he tends to do his own thing. Unless he's in California right now," he said while shrugging his shoulders.

"I loved getting to meet your family. They're nice people," he said.

The pancakes were really good, something she hadn't tasted before. She loved cottage cheese and she loved pancakes. She never thought of mixing the two together. " If you cook like this all the time, I will be at your beck and call," the few boyfriends that Joyce had before Diego were completely incapable in the kitchen. She pictured the two of them cooking breakfast and eating on the bar side of the island, often.

" I can't wait to meet your parents, I hope they like me. I've never had a problem before with anyone's parents, but this time it matters to me what your parents think," they were both family oriented, so his parents would always be close to him.

((The recipe is real. The cottage cheese and greek yogurt add protein and fluffiness to the cakes while the fiber is from whole wheat flour))

"I'm pretty good at cooking. I never did it often because I would jsuit cook for myself and just be left with alot of leftovers and being on a single person budget," Diego told her with a smile, happy for the compliment. It was nice cooking for someone else besides him. It made his heart swell and filled him with joy.

"It'll be nice using these cookbooks. They're for delicious and healthy food," Diego added as he showed them off to her. "My parents just want me to be happy. My mom will know you're a good person and my dad's also a supportive figure. I even recommend spending time with her. She always wanted a daughter," Diego advised to her with a friendly smile before sipping his tea.

She hoped they were really as great as they sounded, if not it wouldn't as if she was the first girl to have in laws that completely hated her. She would get over it, real quick. "So what are you doing today, I have a few presentations I have to work on for the board meeting in two weeks, followed by a few creative meetings. Meaning, bid you're not busy we could possibly do something, but only if you like," she offered.

So far Diego had been taking initiative in their relationshio, she wanted to be able to show him that she was capable.

"I really don't have anything going on today," Diego said as he looked at her, wanderign what was in store. He felt maybe they should go on more official dates sp that they could bond and be closer together. Diego didn't have a chance to date much so he viewed this opportunity as an awesome one.

"I would love to. What would you want to do?" Diegos aid, smiling at the possibility on going out on a real date with his fiance.

"Hm I don't know--," her eyes glanced over at the clock to see that she was running really late. They had spent so much time talking, she hadn't really thought about paying attention to the time. "I'm sorry dear, you know how traffic can be . I hadn't realized it was so late.

"Don't worry dear. Take your time," Diego says before he picks up the dishes for her and saves any of the unfinished food for later. Before she decides to go though, he kisses her on the cheek. It was a quick one, but still affectionate.

The upcoming week was filled with bonding moments and so on. Diego's parents were arriving tomorrow and Diego prepared everything for his folks to arrive. This left him with some time and Diego wanted to go ona date with Joy. He wantesd to spend more time with her.

With Diego's parents flying in the next day, Joy got off work early to come make sure the house was ready. She didn't want to spend all night cleaning, and because she wanted everything perfect she knew that would probably happen anyways.

She hadn't told Diego she was coming home early, she figured she would just surprise him. It played out that he surprised her instead, the house was practically spotless. She welcomed Diego with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. It took her a few days, but in the last week they had became more familiar and comfortable with each other.

"You've done everything all ready. There's nothing left to do, but light the candles. I had left early, because in my mind I had created this long list of things to do. What do we do now?"

Most evenings they spent watching movies or just talking. They would cook together, drink some wine, and just relax.

"Well, I'm thinking maybe we can go out on a casual date or something. I really like you Joy and I wanna spend more time with you and getting to know you better," Diego told Joyce with an honest smile. "So where do you wanna go so we can have some fun to finish off the day?" Diego asked her.

He figured they could go out to eat or maybe go take a walk on a park or something. Heck, maybe see if there was a fair or something there was to be around. He didn't know, but whatever they did, he just wanted to do be together with her.

Joyce totally agreed she wanted to be abke ti do something fun with him. it didnt take ling forbher mind to sparn an idea, "We're not too far from the pier, we can go for a walk on the beach, ride the ferris wheel, get funnel cake," something fun. It would probably be a little crowded, but still enjoyable

"There's other stuff that we could do too, fun stuff. There's lazer tag, ceramic classes, depending on how you want to drive wine tasting, there's plenty to do near by,"she started topping off a list a things they could do. It would take her no time at all to change.

"OOhh! Maybe we can do some lazer tag! I saw a lazer tag pizza bar while I was getting to know the area and I'm thinking that can be perfect, especially if we are on the same team," Diego said to Joyce with a smile. It would be a lot of fun to blast things with his kickass wifeu. He was also thinking on some of her other ideas. THe pier would definitely be alot of fun to go to when they had a day off. They could spell the whole day there like a happy couple/

Ceramic classes could be something fun to do later on. The fact he can do so many things with someone fills him with a sense of wodner and hope.

" It's been so l I no since I've gone to play lazer tag. My brother used to take us all the time before he went to school and got married, and all that adult stuff. Let me change real quick," Joyce needed to do something fun. It would be a distraction from work and help take his mind off his family's upcoming visit.

She came back down ten minutes later, with tight black jeans, black combat boots, and a her black drake tshirt. If they were going to play lazer tag she wanted to be invisble. She even took the time to put on a little eye make up and a nude lipstick. She wanted to look pretty for him.

" I was looking at our room, I l"ike it with all your stuff. It makes the room less girly.

Diego smiled and nodded as he watched his fiancee prepare to go out. His euyes widened a bit when he saw her dressed casually.. Her jeans with her combat boots and her t-shirt made her look like sexy badass. Diego blushed a bit as he admired how awesome she looked.

"You look kickass!" Diego blurted out before he rubbed the back of his head in an embarassed fashion. He still had his smile as he grabbed her hand and headed down to their car. "Maybe we should do a team battle so we can kick everyone else's butt," he stated with a boyish excitement.

Joyce hardly ever wore her boots, but she felt as if it went with their activity, and she knew that darker clothes were harder to detect in the area. She took Diego's hand, without any hesitation, like she would have had the week before. " Yep, I like to think it you and me against the world, babe," it was probably the first time she had ever called him such a term of endearment. To her it felt natural.

The ride to the lazer tag arena was fifteen minutes. It was a three level masterpiece with several groups playing against each other at once. Their were a few children's parties going on, but it would be fun still. The attendant saw the two of them and said another couple was putting on gear if they wanted to go against thwm. " Would you like to demolish them?"

Diego smiled when she clled him babe. It was the first time that she called him some term of endearment. It felt nice and better yet, it felt natural. The ride wasn't long and they got to see more of the town. Diego pointed out they were building a new ice skating rink, set to open in late fall.

Diego saw they had arrived. The lazer tag arena was the center of the area, but there was also the normal retaurant area for pizza and a bar area, with even a new pool hall for those waiting for their friends.

"Absolutely," Diego said as he smiled in determination and standing side to side with his fiancee. When they entered, he looked at her.

"Ready?" he says to her with an excited smile/

Joyce was so ready for this. They put on the their vest with the electronic vest as the attendent went through the rules. They were simple ones, that would probably get broken in the process. Things like no running. When they were caught up in the moment there would be no stopping them, on top of the fact that the layout was huge and only four people. The attendants was finally done with all their ramblings, and they were handed their light weight guns.

Their home base was all the way on the other side. She smiled at Diego as their countdown started, her white teeth were the only part visible.

The automated voice came on telling them to begin, and then the techno music came on. They were off.

Diego was ready for the lazer tag tournament, smiling back at Joyce with determination. When the music began, Diego went off along with Joyce. The first few minutes consisted of various attempts at shooting at one another. However, Diego got an idea.

"Maybe one of us should guard home base while the other goes after home-base," Diego suggested to her. It would allow them for the most points.

Back
Top Bottom