Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ovelord and his mother (me and MewMew)

TotesBurger

Money, Hoes, Bionicles
Banished
"Urgh... ow..." Jake Duvalk groaned as he opened his eyes to find himself in a dark room. "Wh... what the...?" His head began to ring loudly in pain. Just moments ago he had finally snapped. After 17 long years of feeling unloved and mistreated by his family... he finally snapped, smashed a table and called out his entire family.

Apparently he had been the product of a small one night stand his mother had during a rough patch in her marriage. And days after he was born the divorce was settled. Growing up had been pretty hard. His siblings got all the love while all he got were hand me downs and MAYBE an unexpired gift card on holidays. His siblings got praised for almost everything while he was criticised for everything. He was a good kid though, minded his manners, did well in school... but due to him being a 'mistake' it went all unnoticed.

The breaking point had been today when he was dragged to a family gathering. He tried to be nice but once again the jabs just finally hit too hard. However as he was yelling at his mother in particular, a black mist surrounded the room before he fell unconcious.

"H-hello?" Jake muttered rubbing his soft green eyes as the room began to brighten up with lanterns and candles. The 17 year old stood up dusting off the hand me down button up shirt and shook off some dust from his short brown hair. "A throne?" He muttered noticing the demonic decor.

"YO! You're finally awake!!" A voice called out. Jake tensed up as he turned around to see... a skeleton in mage's garb. "Glad to see you're awake My Lord. Sorry for the wait. You were supposed to be here at birth but... we got this awesome show that just started and yeah..."

"Wait... who are you?! Where am !?!" Jake cried out in fright. "Wait did you call me...?"

"Easy easy kid. Everything will be explained in due tiiiii AAAW SONUVA BITCH!!!" The skeleton groaned noticing a woman in the room as well. "Maaan i know i did something wrong... there was supposed to be one person brought over..."

"Huh...?" Jake muttered looking over "M-Mom?!?!"

"J-Jake," She squeaked, startled that he was here too. "Why are you here!"

Unable to understand what was going on, she glanced around anxiously, noticing place where she currently was at was unrecognizable. "This can't be real, this must be a nightmare I am having, right?" She looked over at her son as if he had the answers.

Earlier when she saw the skeleton in a mage outfit, she had faintsd but now she still thought this was a nightmare. "We are going to wake sooner or later." She told herself, closing her eyes, then reopened, realizing she was still here. Her breath began to hitched, and as if on cue she pace back and forth, repeatedly. This has to be a nightmare! It has to! Unknown to her, this wasn't a nightmare, more like reality, possibly her new home.

"Man im gonna get some shit for this..." The skeleton sighed in annoyance. He twirled his hand making a collar on the woman's neck."Yay first Concubine for the new Overlord yeah cool... i guess..."

"Whats this all about?! And why is my mom a Concubine?!" Jake demanded getting more and more frustrated, and not noticing a dark purple glow in his right arm.

"Woah woah... thats your MOM?! Thats kind upfront type info man. Well i cant remove the collar now. But since she's here this explanation will get a little more interesting." The skeleton chuckled walking closer to the two. "Ma'am, do you remember 17 years ago, you got into an argument with your husband and spent a weekend out of town and boned that tall handsome guy sho said he was an insurance lawyer from Connecticut, then 9 months later, this guy popped out?" He asked looking at her and pointed towards a large stained glass window depicting a man similar to the one who fathered Jake. "He was the Overlord of our world and wanted to leave an heir. Problem is we meant to pick him up at birth but something happened. Bad news, we havent properly raised him for Overlord life but good news is that you guys had a good family life, hopefully, aaaand nobody imploded in the delivery room. Yaaaaaaaaay."

Jake was silent at the explanation. It was hard to comprehend but... something seemed natural about it. He always felt different than his siblings, outside of the whole different dad thing. But after a life of hell... this seemed like a way too perfect prize for living it. "An... Overlord?"

"Yeah we got some work to catch you up. Sooo imma check up on your guys' room so sit tight and i'll swing back in a sec. Mmmkay? Mmmkay." With that the skeleton left Jake and his mother alone.

"So... this was my dad?" Jake asked looking up at the wondow above his mother.

"Concubine?" She gawked at mention of her being a concubine.

Able to see Jake was furious at her being a concubine, she placed her hand on his hand. "It is okay, Jake." She reassured him, giving her son a light smile.

She nodded when the skeleton told her if she remember 17 years ago when she might a handsome man. Her eyes widened when he told her that was man who fathered her son, Jake. She knew her son didn't look like her current husband but she never bothered to say anything, her spouse didn't think anything of it, thought Jake was his son. She felt so terrible upon this doscovery. Tears clung stubbornly on corners of her eyes. What was she going to tell her husband? Now her son is an overlord of something plus she was his concunbine. How was this suppose to work out?

Angela wiped away her tears quickly. She had no reason to cry! This is her fault after all, she should own up to her mistakes! She watched as the skeleton walked from the room, informing them that he will be back in a few.

"Yeah that was your dad, you look just like him sweetie." She mentioned, giving Jake a light smile.

Back
Top Bottom