Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Explorers (Burba x SKbm)

burba

Planetoid
A murder of crows were cawing outside of the inn, the sun was about to rise and Adan had just woken up. Few things could interrupt him from his deep sleep, crows' cawing being one of them, even though he found the sound to be soothing. Dawn. Time to get up... He thought to himself, as he looked through the broken window of his and his companion's room. The two were, well, untrained explorers that traveled through the lands in search for anything of interest - artifacts, items of power, valuable trinkets and the list goes on. Some would label the pair as common scavengers, but Adan was not in it for the coin. He was more interested in the knowledge that some of these items provided, both in terms of history and magic.

He rolled over in his bed, now facing his previously mentioned companion, an elf. He was still sleeping, looking graceful as always doing so. Adan and him had met a couple of weeks ago in the capital city. The two got along well and shared similar goals and interests, their alliance came naturally and so did their more intimate moments. Adan pictured himself as a straight man, but one open to experiment. His time spent with another man was brief but eventful, and his case with his elven friend, now companion, was no different. He enjoyed himself, and saw no reason why he shouldn't.

Adan moved closer to him, slowly embracing his slim figure with his arms. "Hey, it's dawning. Time to get up." He spoke gently into his ear.

Kylyn Sunstrider was trapped in a state between waking and sleeping; the insistent cawing of crows threatened to rouse him from his slumber thanks to his sensitive hearing... and among his race, he was considered a heavy sleeper! His breathing was slow and steady all the same, small chest rising and falling. He often preferred to sleep on his side, to slip an arm underneath the pillow and brace it against his head. In the brief moment Adan turned to look at him and move towards him, the elf truly did look like a beautiful thing.

Long, golden hair -- sharp, slightly elongated ears. A slender, slim, feminine figure. That was unique to him; oh, sure, many elves weren't able to reach the masculine image human males so readily reached, but there was a clear difference between the shape of a male elf and a female one -- except in Kylyn's case, anyway. His skin was smooth, perfect, flawless and youthful in that elvish way. He was a young adventurer, who in truth didn't quite know what he was doing, only what he wanted. He was fortunate to find a companion like Adan.

The elven beauty stirred when Adan's arms wrapped around him, when his voice reached his ears; he made a noise of pleasant contentedness and shifted, the sudden movement of his head and body revealing that he'd been woken on the very first try. He snuggled his back against Adan's front, pushing his head into the pillow so that he could look up into the human's eyes.

"Good morning." He said, smiling. "Did you sleep well?'

Or did the crows bother you as much as they did me?

"Fairly, I can't complain... considering the circumstances." After all, they were not staying in some fancy mansion, but rather a small old inn in the middle of nowhere. By this time, Adan had grown accustomed to sleeping on hard beds and in cold rooms. He had too, in order to make traveling a habit. When the opportunity presented itself, he more than happily payed the extra coin for a more comfortable room, but in most cases that meant one without rat droppings in it. This time, the two were lucky.

"We should get up and running. They'll charge us more if we don't leave before morning." As previously mentioned, the sun was about to rise at any moment. Outside, thick fog lingered above the ground, the grass wet from condensation and nothing but animals lurking about in the woods that surrounded the building. "We have a manor to visit, remember?" Yes, the local haunted manor. As if taken right out of a children's scary story.

The locals believed a nearby abandoned manor to be haunted, as the ones that have entered it mention the sight of ghosts, demons and other things alike. The word had caught Adan and Kylyn's attention, enough for the two to give it a visit of their own.

"And yet, I certainly could." He chimed; groaning mournfully as he twisted himself free of his companions grasp and moved so that he was sitting, naked, with his legs slung over the side of the bed. He stretched, his arms going in opposite directions as he twisted his body before finally standing up. "Right, right. Time to get dressed to go to the haunted manor." He said, sounding a bit disengaged from the idea, but that was natural; the elf, despite wearing the name sunstrider more often than not spent his first ten or so minutes of waking in a grumpy or apathetic mood.

"Do you know where my underwear went?" He asked, looking around as he grabbed most of his clothing for the ground.

He expected nothing but from Kylyn at this hour and gave it no attention. As the Elf stood up, it was difficult for Adan to not mindlessly stare at him with hungry eyes, the body of his was a wonder. A certain part of it, his well shaped butt, caught Adan's gaze particularly. Had it not been for the elf's question, he would have stared at it endlessly. "I didn't notice you were wearing any." He replied with a smirk on his face, before pushing himself out of the bed.

Adan walked over to a bucket of water available in the room, left there for visitors to clean themselves with. He formed a bowl with his hands, reached for some water and used it to wash his face and his trimmed beard. He got his short black hair wet as well, using his fingers to comb it to the side.

"Care for breakfast or do we head out for the manor straight away?" He gazed over at Kylyn.

[let me know if the outfit is too fantasy!]

Kylyn smirked and turned around to look at his companion. "Well... I mean, if you don't want me to wear any, I suppose I could make an exception today..." He said, finally finding his underwear under the bed so he could stuff it in the bag for later. He slipped into a small shirt, and set of soft socks -- his most prized possession from home -- before starting to get on his actual clothing. A leather armor set. "Of course, I'll very much demand to go first up any stairs and ladders we find... and down last ladders."

Made for a woman, of course. The studded leather set consisted of a chestguard, two bracers, a set of brown boots with a slight, two inch heel -- and a studded, pleated skirt. It looked and felt heavy at first glance and try, but when it was worn Kylyn found himself as light and flexible as a feather. He didn't get dressed yet, and instead went over to where Adan was hunched over a bucket of water. He brushed his face against the taller males arm.

"Breakfast to go. I want to get in there and look around with plenty of sun." Suddenly, he brought his hand in front of Adan, and traced a single finger down the length of his chest to his abs. "Of course, perhaps you should spend the day without a shirt? It'd be only fair, if I'm without underwear..." He teased. Kylyn was not ashamed nor bashful of his preferences. He wanted a man, and had always felt that way -- and he was always pleased when he found one that would allow his advances.

"I would not want it any other way." Adan said with a grin on his face, replying to Kylyn's lewd demand, still washing himself in front of the mirror. He kept doing so as the slender elf approached him, but stopped once he felt the sudden touch on his stomach, followed by his alluring words. Truth be told, Adan enjoyed Kylyn's somewhat perverted personality, but he had a hard time letting it invade his work. Some would say that Adan took himself a bit too seriously sometimes, but it was simply how he was. "We're going to need our gear today, we don't know what we're up against..." The tone in his voice was rather serious, but it quickly turned more playful for each word that left his mouth. "... but once we're done for the day I'll do whatever you ask of me..." He turned to face Kylyn and got closer to him, before reaching around his hips in order grab his asscheeks. Which he did with a rough grip, digging his fingers into the soft skin. "...deal?".

Kylyn rolled his eyes. He certainly knew that was right. They had no idea what they might face -- but in the same vein, they had no idea if they would even face anything at all. It could be nothing, just a hoax to draw in tourists perpetrated by the innkeepers! Oh, what a nasty little scheme that would be. Perhaps when he settled down, he might do something like that... Kylyn's thoughts were derailed when Adan turned towards him, got closer, and snaked an arm around his hips to grab a handful of his soft, shapely ass. Kylyn let out a playful, feminine noise in response, his hands jumping up to either of Adan's pecs.

"Deal." He said, already feeling a familiar stirring between his legs. "But unless you want to skip breakfast entirely, I suggest you remove your hand from my ass." He said, with a playful little grin.

He didn't much care either way, truth be told... he was grateful underwear were not sentient. They'd no doubt have their feelings hurt, being so easily discarded on an off handed comment!

Adan returned the playful grin with one of his own. "Hm. That's a hard decision..." He teased. After a second or two of pleasantly fondling Kylyn's cushy ass, he gave it a gentle slap before letting it go. "...I'll go with breakfast, for today." He gave himself one final look in the mirror and stepped away to pick up his clothes. A pair of brown trousers, a dark-brown tunic with some delicate embroidery and a pair of black, leather boots. Of course, these pieces were only what he wore beneath his equipment, and during casual situations.

His armor consisted out of several layers of fabrics and steel. Above his tunic he wore a steel mail byrnie, which protected him from projectiles and penetrative attacks. Then a sleeveless, black robe that signified his magical background. Lastly, a light steel breastplate with a leather vest beneath that tightened the layers covering his torso. Beside the armor, Adan also wore a belt with several pouches attached to it, a scabbard for his sword and an old book that hung from a thin chain just a couple of inches beneath his waist. It was where Adan wrote down how to cast and perform certain spells, incantations and rituals.

The human defined himself as a mage, yet he used his sword far more often than his magical abilities. Therefor he required his armor to be light, but protective. It did not have the graceful style or comfort of Kylyn's set, but it kept Adan safe and did not require a second person to help him get it on. Unlike most warriors.

"Do you remember how far away the mansion was from here?" He asked, as he tried to slink inside his chainmail.

[Picture of his armor]

"Perhaps a wise choice, if there really is something there." Kylyn said in response, although he gave a look of disappointment as he spoke. Promptly, he turned around and got into the rest of his armor -- comparatively less protective than Adan's -- first slipping on the bracers and boots. Then came the skirt which, with the help of a belt, secured tightly around his waist. It felt strange on his bare bottom, but it wasn't unpleasant -- it seemed Kylyn really did intend to go through with the lack of underwear today. Finally, he slipped on the chest-guard, securing it by tying and tightening the laces that held it around his form. With a tug on everything to make sure they weren't going to fall off, he secured his rapier, slung a bow and quiver onto his back -- and grabbed the small back that carried everything he owned besides what he wore.

"I remember exactly where the mansion is from here." He answered, sounding distracted as he tried to finish the lacing. "Did you forget?" He questioned, almost as if he was teasing the man. Why not? He certainly didn't forget any of his spells! That was another benefit of travelling with this man. Not only did they share an interest in each other and not only did Kylyn quite enjoy his company, but he was quite talented.

"I think I'll go tell the innkeep not to charge us for another and to make us breakfast." Kylyn said, fully aware that Adan was capable of getting into his own clothing by now. With a breathy, feminine grunt, the elf got the last string into place. "I'll wait for you down there, unless there's anything else?"

"Yeah, suppose I have." Struggling, with his forehead poking out of the collar of his chainmail, Adan replied to Kylyn. A part of his tunic had gotten stuck on a loose ring, but he eventually managed to separate the two and got the mail in place. "There we go..." He muttered quietly for himself, as his companion geared up as well. Adan then put on his charcoal-colored robe, given to him by his one-time mentor, and his leather vest.

"No, you go. I'll be downstairs in a moment." He reached down for his breastplate. "Oh! I'll just have an apple to eat, by the way." He suddenly spoke out, before slipping into his armor. The plate had two straps that were to be supported by the wielders shoulders, and small buckles at each side to tighten it around the body. Once finished with his armor, Adan bent down to pick up his sword alongside the rest of his items beneath the bed. The place he always stored his weapon, as he had been taught to keep it close at all times.

With his belt tightly buckled around his waist, his sword dangling at his side and his precious tome, Adan made his way downstairs.

Kylyn cocked his head to the side, as he finally added his last touch and brought his long, golden hair into a ponytail. "You turned sex down for an apple?" He questioned, as if he couldn't believe it. "Can't say I'd make the same decision..." And with that final reply, he was gone, heading down the steps to secure the requested apple and what he decided he wanted to eat for the morning -- a hunk of bread, with some cheese. A very basic and yet fulfilling, satisfying thing if he did say so himself.

The food had arrived just before Adan could be heard making his way down the steps. Kylyn, the little showoff that he was, grabbed the apple and tossed it behind his back without looking towards Adan. And Adan, given he had the skills to use a sword, would hopefully face little trouble catching the well tossed apple. In either case, he turned around to take a look at his work, with a mouthful of bread. He didn't speak, because that would be impolite... but he did gesture his head towards the door, implying they did not need to stick around any further if that was all they were to have.

Realizing that he had forgotten his cloak in the room, as he made his way down the stairs, Adan did not pay any attention to the apple flying his way. Luck was not with him, and the red, shiny treat hit him directly on the head. He was stunned for a brief moment, before looking over at Kylyn with a disapproving frown. Without saying a word, Adan turned around and walked back up again, opened the door to the room and instantly saw his black, hooded cloak resting on a chair and grabbed it. In one graceful move, he swung the long piece of fabric around himself, landing perfectly on his shoulders. He fastened it and went back to his companion.

"There's this act called handing something over, you should try it some time. Works delightfully well." He spoke out, in an ever so sarcastic tone, as he reached the bottom step.

"Anyways, we should be on our way. You know the way. After you." He inclined his head towards the main entrance.

Kylyn blinked as he noticed the apple had not been caught. He carried out his actions anyway, despite the disapproving frown. By the time Adan had made it down the steps again and gave his sarcastic retort, Kylyn had finished chewing and had one ready for him. By then, he'd pick up the apple if Adan had not, and offer it to him.

"There's this thing called catching, you should try it some time. It feels delightful!" He spoke -- surely, there might be an innuendo there. But with a smile, he made his way out the door -- holding it for Adan so he could step by -- and lead the way towards the manor. It meant going through the village, where people were slowly beginning to rise. Kylyn made sure to avoid either side of the road, and kept well into the center, chewing as he went, savoring the bread and the silence as the sun began to rise. By the time the sun had broken the horizon and was starting to emit the normal light of day and not the orange of sunrise, Kylyn was leading them up a hill out of the village, with the manor in the near distance.

"So... are we thinking there are any curses or booby-traps to watch out for?" He wondered if someone set a crossbow up to the door... that would be how he rigged a room!

"Well, the locals have reported sightings of ghosts, demons and other creatures alike. Or specters, rather. There have been zero confirmed deaths, but the word is a couple have gone missing. So I doubt the place is booby-trapped. Either the place is haunted, in which we have to drive away whatever or whoever is there, or it's all just a clever setup by some local." He chuckled, looking up towards the manor, as the duo got closer and closer by each step. "Most likely, the specter is tied to the manor by some item. Finding it and destroying it will be our priority, if my assumption proves to be true."

Eventually, the two would reach the manor. Surrounded by a seven feet tall fence with a gate, which had been opened by force. "I suppose we'll find out soon enough..." Adan carefully pushed the gate aside, taking his first step into the manor's property. "But for the sake of not dying, let's be careful on what we step on." He kept his right hand on the pommel of his sword, prepared if things were to turn bad.

Kylyn thought it was odd that the gate was forced open. Well, it probably was alright. It was likely from the very first sets of people who went to explore the mansion and find the source, only to fail. He walked closely behind Adan, quiet and light on his feet... if he didn't whisper a few seconds later, one might have doubted he was following, or wondered if he was even there. The golden haired elf spoke:

"I bet we'll find a skeleton. A lot of 'em. People the specter beat." He'd joke, morbidly. "Do you think the door's locked? If it is, I could always climb in and open it from the inside." The door was wide, heavy and wooden. they wouldn't know if it was locked or not before they tried it, of course. A breeze rolled in, making Kylyn's unmentionables beneath his skirt sprout goosebumps as he shivered. The shutters flapped wildly, creating quite a racket!

Back
Top Bottom