Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

New Kid [Amigar & Fox Writer]

Amigar

Planetoid
Johnathon had shown up half an hour early for school, dropped off by his mom in a beat up four door car before she rushed off to her first job for the day. John sat down on the steps of the school to wait for people to start showing up, wearing a generic blue cotton shirt and loose blue jeans and a pair of battered sneakers. An old backpack sat in his lap, with a faded Star Wars rebel insignia on the front pouch.

As the other kids started to show up and file into the building, John would let out a sigh before getting up, slinging his bag over his left shoulder before heading in and into the office to find out what he needed to know. After collecting his schedule, locker information, and receiving a simple map of the school before being led to the first class of the day by an office assistant.

When John was led into the room, he would lower his head a little and hunch his shoulders a bit. The first day of school was bad enough at his old school, when the entire grade was there for the first time, the second time around definitely not doing him any favors. The teacher pulling him in front of everyone and making him the center of attention causes his cheeks to redden in embarrassment when he has to introduce himself to a bunch of strangers.

"Uh...hey, I'm uh...John, John Shtringer. My mom and I just moved to town, and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone..uhm.." He would offer up a weak smile as he looks around at the other kids in the classroom, shuffling his feet a little and glancing at the teacher, not really sure what all the teacher would expect of him. After a few moments of him standing there without saying anything, the teacher would direct him to one of the open desks towards the back of the room, and John would start towards it.

Nathan was a tall, well muscled young man who clearly worked very hard to be that way. often, he was the first person at school to hit the gym, and the last person to leave at night. he was there even before the new kid was and that was an impressive thing. Nathan had sandy blond hair that he left alone so it looked almost wind mussed constantly. he supposed it looked 'cool', that's what everyone told him anyway, honestly it was mostly because he was lazy after spending most of his time beating on a punching bag or lifting wights. he was handsome enough, or he assumed so since the girls clung to him. that could have been because he was the football and the Boxing captain and was 'cool'. popular enough that even if he showed up with mismatched socks and covered in dirt he'd start a new fad. he wrinkled his nose and glanced at the clock with his olive green eyes and shook his head, stripping the tape off of his hands and heading for the showers to clean up and get changed into clothes more suited for school. sort of. maybe. he supposed black leather jeans and a wife beater with a hooded sweater wasn't exactly 'appropriate' but no one complained so he didn't give a shit.

he scowled his way to class, feeling aggravated and annoyed. normally he was very happy about it being Monday, but after a weekend of hell he was feeling jittery and anxious. he hoped he'd have a chance to hit people in Boxing practice tonight or he was going to end up beating the shit out of someone else. he was delighted to find he wouldn't have to wait till practice to wail on someone. there was a sweet target right there introducing himself to the class. it wasn't hard to start a few nasty rumors. being that they lived in a nice bright city filled with smog, crime and whores it wasn't hard to start the most nasty rumors possible. he started picking at the kid at lunch. when there wouldn't be any teachers to really interfere.

"Hey! New Kid!" Nathan called, smirking as he strutted over to him, hands shoved into his pockets, swaggering. it was 'cool' apparently, to walk that way, honestly it was because his back hurt, it usually hurt after the weekends. "Is it true?" he demanded of Johnathon with a smirk. "your Mama works the corners right?! she's a cock sucking whore? how much does she charge? i'd love to go pay for her to suck my Dick." he admitted, grabbing his own crotch to just make it all the more lewd. his 'posse' behind him laughed and made a few filthy comments about his mother, whispering about how they'd love to 'show her what a real man' was and how she was clearly a whore since she couldn't keep a man. "as pretty as you are, and with a slut for a mom i bet i could pay you to suck my dick too couldn't i?!" he wondered, smirking at Johnathon. "i bet you'd like it too. such a pretty Queer Fairy huh?" he demanded, shoving Johnathon with a laugh. "your such a freak! i hope you know that! and dirty freaks aren't welcome here." he admitted, shoving Johnathon again before stalking away, feeling much better, while forcefully ignoring the burning bile of disgust in the back of his throat. hating himself for what he had become. hurting others to make himself feel better. just wrong. twisted and wrong. still. he kept it up. the brat was just too good of a target.

after school he attached Johnathon again, mocking him for being so 'girly' and promising to bring a dress for him tomorrow so he'd look like he properly should. commenting again on showing his mother what real dick looked like and how he'd show Johnathon a 'real good time' if the boy offered the right price. on Tuesday he just resorted to smacking the kid around and shoving him, sniping that he was too pathetic to exist and hissing vile insults about anything he could think of. on Wednesday he trapped Johnathon in a bathroom and had been trying to strip him down and force him into the halls without any clothes on but a teacher caught him and threatened expulsion if he ever set a hand on Johnathon again so Thursday and Friday where just filthy words aimed at him and his mother some more. by Thursday though the other students had gotten bored and where leaving John alone and only Nathan seamed intent on hazing the new Kid. fortunately for John, Nathan wasn't just focused on him. in the week, he'd beat the shit out of three students who tried to stop him from picking on Nathan. he'd made two girls cry and had burned one kids schoolbooks right in front of him. mocking him the entire time about being too poor to afford any books of his own. so while John wasn't getting all the attention, he was getting the worst of it.

John would turn as he was looking for a table at lunch, trying to find somewhere that didn't look too crowded, not sure about these big city kids. Especially since a lot of them so far had been pretty well involved in their own little worlds and only seemed to be worried about what was 'cool'. His intentionally styled and semi-long spiked hair, his bangs in particular, draping over his face and glasses from the turn. At first he would start to offer a smile to the guy and the group behind him, thinking maybe someone was finally making an effort to talk to him.

"What?! No! My mom doesn't do anything like that, she just works a lot!" His forehead creased as he frowned, amber eyes taking on a sad tone, while he cringed away. "Why would you say something like that?" He would glance down when Nathan grabbed his crotch, then back up with a slow shake to his head and taking half a step away from him. Of course that would work against him when he was shoved, unbalancing him enough that he lost a fork and his carton of milk off of his tray. "No! I'm not like that either, what is wrong with you?" He would stumble back again as he was shoved a second time, bumping into a table, while other students moved away so as to avoid getting caught up with John's predicament.

John would collect his dropped items, and then easily find a spot to sit by himself, as anywhere he looked to sit would quickly be vacated, even the 'loser' table not wanting to take themselves anywhere near ground zero that was the new guy. The rest of the day he'd move around the school slumped and glancing around, trying to avoid running into his tormentor. Though despite his best attempts, he didn't know the new school well enough to escape unscathed. Any time that he is confronted about his girlishness he would hunch in on himself and try to turn away, even going so far as to put his thumbs into his ears to try and block the mocking and insulting of his mother.

During the bathroom incident, he would be stunned as his shirt got pulled off, revealing a toned, but not highly muscled chest and very mild abdominal definition. Simply the result of good eating and a small amount of exercise to keep fit, but not enough to seem overly masculine, and yet not at all dispelling the signs of femininity that the other boy picked up on. But when before the teacher showed, and when his tormentor tried to remove his pants, is when he would finally start putting up a fight. He -can't- let that secret out, his mom told him that people probably wouldn't understand. That what he usually has to put up with might not be anything compared to what could happen otherwise. By the time the teacher showed up, John would actually have tears wetting his cheeks as he retrieved his shirt and tried to escape without being humiliated any further.

Since he figured he was already a big target for Nathan, John would, when Nathan was done with tormenting the other kids, and wasn't focusing on them any more, he would do what he could to try and help mitigate their suffering. After all, it couldn't get a whole lot worse for him, right? He'd heard the teachers say he'd get expelled if he touched him again.

"Of course she does! if she didn't you wouldn't be protesting it so much! she's nothing but a two penny whore taking it up the ass for anyone who pays her enough money! and i'll bet you that you'll be following in her footsteps any day now you filthy slut! dirty freak!" he laughed, stalking away. "i'm not the one whose got something wrong with me freak! your the one with a whore for a mother!" he called back, his boys laughing easily as they followed Nathan out to the back so they could smoke weed and talk shit and do other naughty things. as the week went by Nathan made sure to make as many people miserable as possible. if only because he felt like being nasty. Nathan only went more nasty after the bathroom incident. turning his vicious tongue on everyone and anything, eve the teachers got a good dose of it. no one did anything though. one of the girls that John had helped had taken to hanging around him here and there and helped him after Nathan got done with him. she had been going to school with Nathan since they where six so she knew more about him than most.

she told John that Nathan hadn't always been that way. when they had been children he'd been really sweet and nice but the older he got the nastier he became. she told him that the reason why no one ever really actually stopped Nathan was because they where all scared of his father, who was some bigwig lawyer. none of the teachers wanted to do anything. the last time a teacher stood up to Nathan and actually tried to do something, his father had the teacher fired and charged with 'slander and defamation'. the once teacher had to move to another state to get away from the ensuing abuse from Nathan's father. she also informed him that everyone was aware that something bad had happened. had to be bad for someone to actually threaten expulsion but that no one knew what and that was why they where all backing off, because they didn't want to cross a line that Nathan had clearly crossed. on Friday things where different. he picked on John the way he normally did in the morning but by Lunchtime he had stopped, as if he was getting tired of picking on John and the others and by the time school let out he hadn't said a word to a soul. not even his own boys or to the teachers. he just walked around as if the world didn't exist and Anna, the girl who had been hanging with John, muttered that he was probobly as high as a kite on crack or something. it seamed like something Nathan would do. at the very least everyone had a bit of a break and some of the other students went and apologized to John for being such dicks and leaving him on his own like that. nervously checking all the while to make sure that Nathan wasn't going to breath hell-fire down onto them. he didn't even look at John for the rest of the day. or anyone else for that matter. it was enough that a good portion of the school relaxed.

later that night, in the little while house with the little white picket fence, just like clockwork the yelling began. the other neighbors where all very used to the screaming and yelling that issued from the house every Friday to Sunday night. the father screaming at his 'no good waste of space freak of a son'. yelling at his 'no good slut of a wife'. the wife yelled back ore often than not though no one ever heard the son actually yell back. the words continued to spill out across the lawn and into the air, the lamp posts on. normal people would have been in bed at that hour, instead the son was just getting home. couldn't blame the kid for that since every time he walked in the door while dear old dad was home the fat bastard started screaming at him. this time the son actually raised his voice back, just for a half a sentence and the shit really hit the fan, the loud crack of skin hitting skin and a broken, startled cry and then more sounds of flesh hitting flesh, sharp cracks that sounded extremely painful. then the follow up. "Get back here you dirty freak and take your beating like a man!" the sound of a door slamming and a slender figure darting across the lawn, nursing a bruised arm and clutching a black ye as he launched himself over the white picket fence to hide in-between the white fence and the rose bushes. the poor guy was going to get coated in scratches, hiding behind the rose bushes like that.

John would eventually stop responding to Nathan's nasty comments as the week went on, hoping that if he didn't respond he would give up being so mean. He also tried his best not to show any visual reaction to him saying nasty things about his mom, just hunching in on himself and continuing to ignore him. He'd be happy when the one girls that he helped actually started hanging around him, and actually being nice! He would start to cheer up as he had someone that would actually talk to him without the intention of making him miserable. He would ask her questions about the city and the other students, trying to make up for lost time so far to try and find a place he could fit in now that he was in a new town.

John would frown a bit as the girl explained the changes that came over Nathan in more recent years. He couldn't imagine that nasty boy actually having been nice, though he wouldn't think that the girl really had a reason to lie about it. "Sounds like his dad is a real piece of work." He shook his head with a sigh, at hearing that things might actually be a lot more complicated than he'd originally thought with his new life.

On Friday, he would react as he normally did, when Nathan began picking on him. He'd hunch down on himself and go quiet whenever Nathan was around, simply doing his schoolwork when he had the opportunity. Though he would be surprised when Nathan started backing off, taking opportunities when Nathan wasn't looking to watch him, trying to figure out if this was just the lull before the storm truly hit, or what was Nathan's game.

John would frown at Anna's suggestion at the reason Nathan was acting different, not really feeling that drugs were the likely reason. Instead he almost got a familiar feeling when he watched how Nathan was acting. He would be distracted from trying to figure out why he felt that way, however, when the other students started apologizing to him. He would start to smile more, smooth cheeks actually dimpling a little bit as his good cheer grew. He'd accept the apologies, while also suggesting that they didn't need to apologize. After dealing with Nathan's treatment so far, he could understand why noone would want to draw his attention to themselves. John would continue his day happily, though he would occasionally nervously observe Nathan, hoping things weren't about to take a nasty turn before the final bell, or immediately afterwards either. Though it would turn out to be a needless fear it seemed.

As evening would approach, John would happily be relaxing in his back yard, laying down on the grass and watching clouds drift by. Since Nathan started calming down, he started to think he might not actually mind the new town his mom decided to move to, to get away from his jackass dad. John would blink as the yelling began, lifting his head to look in the direction of the source of the yelling, getting another flash of familiarity, though about more recent events rather than the past. "Sounds a bit like Nathan..." He would mutter to himself and shake his head, before slowly rising to his feet and heading inside, figuring between it getting too dark and the yelling, that staying outside would not be as enjoyable as it had been so far. He would pause on his way inside as he heard the sudden sound of violence actually being audible from such a distance. His gaze turned towards the other house again. John would turn to face the fence around the time that Nathan came diving over the fence and into the bushes, recognizing Nathan. John would pause, shifting from one foot to another as he glances from where Nathan hid, the other house, and his own back door, before he crouches down to hopefully not be seen over the fence. He would then head towards where he saw Nathan hide, pausing just outside the bushes themselves. John would whisper to try and keep Nathan's dad from catching them, making his voice softer and a bit more feminine sounding, "Hey...c'mon! Get inside before he can find you, I don't think that would be the best hiding spot.." He nervously peers over the bush and through the gap in the fence before making his way to the back door to his place and opening it quietly before slipping inside, leaving it open in case Nathan actually follows him. The lights all off as his mom would still be at her second job, and he'd learned that she usually didn't get back until sometime after midnight, at least during week nights, and he hadn't bothered turning any lights on what with spending the afternoon and early evening outside.

Once inside, he would go and collect the first aid kit and go back to the kitchen which was within sight of the back door was, hoping that Nathan would follow him inside. He would set the first aid kit down on the table and open it up, looking through it for cut and scratch medicine, and one of those cold packs you can crack a container inside of and shake up to make it cold. John would look towards Nathan, if he followed, frowning a little as he realizes what had seemed so familiar at school. Though he never had to deal with violence, he did have his share of abusive language due to his unique physiology, from his father. Which was part of the reason his mom divorced him, as well as a few other things she never told him about.

"his dad is disgusting." she admitted. "a while ago, back when Nathan had real friends, his Dad came over to my house and threatened me." she admitted. "he said he didn't want a slut like me hanging around his boy. mom said i wasn't allowed to be friends with Nathan anymore, i think he threatened her too. i tried to stay friends with me but he went all nasty and mean on me too." Anna admitted with a sigh. "the only people Nathan really hangs out with are the kids of his dads friends. guess it makes sense. Mr. Martin wouldn't want his son hanging out with riffraff like most of the people who go to school here." she admitted, wrinkling her nose in distaste. "he thinks he's so much better than everyone else, but he's just a filthy drunk. the both of them." she huffed, glaring at Nathan as he walked across the opposite side of the room. "anyway, i'll see you Monday Nathan! i'll get my mom to bake some cookies for us!" she promised, smiling at him before skipping off home.

Nathan looked more than a little stunned to be face to face with John. he hadn't even realized there had been nw neighbors. being that he tried to get home after his folks went to bed. he swallowed thickly, his cheeks going red with shame and rage, wondering if John was gonna start telling him hat he deserved it the way everyone else in his life so far had. "Can't get over the fence." John finally croaked, his voice rough. a ring of small bruises around his neck let John know exactly where Mr. Martin had grabbed his son before administering physical punishment. "Not that he'll try. he's too damn lazy. he'll go drink himself into a stupor and i can slip back in once he's asleep." Nathan informed him. wondering why he was being invited inside after he'd been so damn cruel to the little fr... the guy. it took him a long moment to weight the pros and cons. he was good at that. it was important to be able to tell the right decision when the wrong one could have a hand around your neck and a fist slapping your head around. finally he decided the warmth of a house was better than the hard ground and winced his way out of the rose bush with only two scratches to have to worry about. he'd gotten very good at managing the bushes.

"you don't have to pretend to care." Nathan informed him as he slipped inside like a skittish cat. "we both know you think i deserve that fat bastard smacking me around.... we both know that i do." he admitted, sitting down carefully. his arm had a decent sized bruise on it, likely where he'd raised it to protect his face. it wasn't broken or cracked or sprained or anything serious. just badly bruised. he had a split lip and a black eye too, likely from a backhand, since his nose was bleeding a little too. all on the same side. his cheek was even starting to bruise, though it was hidden by the shiny brand new black eye. "don't frown at me, i don't need your damn pity." he growled. "just tell me what you want to keep your mouth shut about it so i can sneak back into m room before tubbo decides he wants to actually try for round two." so Nathan thought that John was looking for blackmail material. well, it wasn't an unexpected thought. in a city like that, even the adults would have been all too willing to exploit Nathans situation. made you wonder who else knew Mr. Martin was beating the shit out of his son and wasn't doing a thing about it.

John would frown unhappily at the revelation that Anna shared about Nathan's father, glancing after the other boy as he thought about how it sounds like Nathan's dad is a much worse version of his own. "He certainly does sound like a nasty piece of work. Though that does make Nathan's behavior make more sense now. But Nathan calling other people sluts like his dad does just seems so much worse." He sighed softly, and shook his head again. He would look back to Anna and pat her shoulder after she sighed when remembering her rebuffed attempts to continue her friendship with Nathan. "You mean that goon squad that just ape his attitude? Yeah...they're pretty crap people.." He made a bit of a face as he remembered what some of them said. He'd smile back to Anna and raise a hand to wave goodbye to her. "Seeya then, Anna! Sounds good, my mouth is already watering at the thought of home-made cookies." He would chuckle softly before heading home for a relaxing evening.

John would glance between Nathan and the fence when he mentioned his dad wouldn't be able or willing to get over the fence in pursuit of Nathan. "Still...he could come around it, it's not like there is a real lock on the gate.." He points towards the gate at the side of the house, with a simple latch closer. "And still...even if you're just waiting for him to go pass out, no reason to wait outside in the dark." Then he would follow through on his previous plan to head inside, hoping Nathan would follow and the preparation to help him out. John would shut and lock the door after Nathan got inside, and return to the kitchen to flick on the stove light, so as not to draw too much attention but still have some light to work by. This would reveal that his nails were painted a muted red color now that he wasn't at school and wouldn't be there again until monday. John didn't even think about that fact as he started to get the cut ointment for Nathan's scratches. "I'm not pretending....my dad wasn't as bad as yours sounded..he never touched me, but he did say some terrible things.." He frowned softly in concentration and remembering, but also in concentration as he would attempt to apply the ointment to John's scratches. "I thought how you started acting towards the end of school today seemed familiar. When mom and dad were together still, and before we moved, I got the same way a lot. Just....pulling away from everyone, 'cause I knew my dad was going to say lots of hurtful things to me, and about my mom, when I got home. He always blamed her for.....well, everything about me, honestly.." He sighed, then after getting the ointment applied, he'd pull out the cold pack, and crack the chemical pack inside and shake it up gently until he felt it start to get cold. Then he would slowly and carefully reach out with it to press the pack against his black eye using his left hand, and try to gently set his right hand against Nathan's back/shoulder.

"I don't think anyone deserves to be treated like that, whether it's from physical abuse, or just verbal like I had to deal with..here, hold the ice pack, I'll get a wash cloth to clean you up a bit, and see if the there is a bag of frozen peas to help with the bruise on your arm.." He would turn to step over to the fridge, rummaging through the freezer portion and finding the aforementioned peas. On his way back across the kitchen, he pulls out one of the drawers near the sink for a washcloth, knowing they were there since he'd been the one doing most of the unpacking and organizing of the house, since his mom has been working from morning to night all week. He collects a bowl and half-fills it with cold water as he returned to Nathan. He set the peas on the table in front of him, and would indicate he should put his arm on them, before wetting the corner of the cloth to start dabbing gently at Nathan's lip. "It isn't pity! It's compassion for another person, alright? You're not your father, no reason to be an ass like him..now shut up and let me help, unless you have something to say that doesn't sound like that jackass that's still next door."

He would sigh and shake his head, wondering what exactly could be done about this situation, since it seemed as if Nathan's dad was important enough to be able to scare teachers into inaction, even legal-wise against him. He couldn't really think of anything that he could do to make things less worse for Nathan than just treating his wounds, at least the visible ones he could see, and maybe the emotional ones that were only visible in Nathan's actions, attitude and words.

she shrugged. "the little asshole seams to want to be exactly like his dear old dad." she admitted with a huff. "can't really blame him i guess. when Daddies a big-shot why wouldn't you want to grow up to be just like him?" she wondered, shaking her head. "those apes. he only hangs around them because his dad told him to. i know that much." she admitted. "he gets pretty nasty with them too sometimes. he beat the shit out of one of them last year, Aaron, the kid with the white hair? Nathan broke both his arms and his pelvis. he got suspended for two weeks for it and no one ever explained why Nathan beat the shit out of Aaron in the first place." she admitted wrinkling her nose. "he scares me sometimes. he gets this look in his eyes like he'd like nothing better than to turn us all into fish paste." she admitted with a shake of her head.

"i've been hiding here for years. he won't come 'round." Nathan huffed. "i'm not worth the effort." he grumbled. hating that the other raised a good point. it would be nicer to be in the house, so he followed. might as well, what did he have to lose? "...your Da was mean?" he asked, startled. he couldn't imagine it. John was so happy when he wasn't picking on the little fr... shit. but then, he did the same things that Nathan did. he hunched over, protecting himself. well dammit, now he felt even worse. he winced a little when the ointment was pressed into his scratches. they weren't bad, nothing worse than a paper cut but they stung. "yeah well.. the weekends are hard. i can't gt away. there's no club activities on the weekends so i have to go home. don't have anywhere else to go because anyone i went to would just call my rat bastard old man and then the beatings are worse." he admitted, examining the nail polish on the others nails.

"because your gay?" he guessed. "your old man didn't like it?" he supposed. "i guess your old man was as disappointed in you as mine is in me." he admitted with a sigh. "i was supposed to be smart i guess. and a girl." he admitted. "Da always wanted a girl. ma too. since i wasn't, thy tried to make me smart, so i could be some prissy toed lawyer like my old man, but i can't be smart." he looked furious for a second. "can't be smart when your a retard i guess.." he shook his head. "Dyslexia. i could get help for it, but Da doesn't want people to know i'm a freak." why was he opening up to this kid!? he couldn't afford to. John would just turn out to be like everyone else in his life. he was so desperate though, for some kind of attention that didn't cause some kind of pain. John was being nice to him and he wanted someone to not hate him for once. he winced when the ice-pack settled over his eye, Jesus that burned, he couldn't stop the outright yelp and recoil/flinch when the hand settled on his shoulder. well that was just great, now the other was going to know about that too. he supposed there was no helping it.

"yeah. okay." he mumbled, holding the ice-pack in place, watching John amble around. he couldn't believe the other was being so damn nice. it made him feel funny inside, sort of squirmy and he hated that. ever since that incident in the bathroom he'd been feeling squirmy inside every time he looked at John. it was completely.... not okay. he sighed and set his hand down on the pees, feeling better than he had in a very long time. no one had ever taken care of him after a beating before. well, Anna had once but she'd told her mother about the bruising and the marks and her mother had called the cops and his father had to do fast talking about his son starting new sports and pushing himself too hard. that was when he turned his rage on his son, and Anna and her family too. that was when Nathan stopped having friends. "i am just like my father." he whispered. "he made me this way and this is the way i'll be for the rest of my life because there's no escape." he admitted, his lip trembling. shit. he wasn't going to cry. he wasn't! he wasn't going to cry! shit, he was crying, great wracking heaving sobs that made him feel tiny and small inside. he was pathetic, weak, a freak just like his dad always said and there was no escape.

John would have shook his head a little bit at Anna's assumption. "Either that or he hasn't had a better example to follow. Or maybe he thinks acting like his dad is what his dad wants from him. Who knows?" He would shrug his own shoulders in response, then blink at the mention of Nathan hurting one of his own 'friends' that bad. "Oh, god...that's pretty bad. And that was the worst he got for it? Guess I got off pretty easy comparatively.." He shuddered a bit before looking off into the distance. "Well, guess I'll just stick with my normal strategy of not trying to piss him off. Seems to have worked so far. Thanks for the heads up, Anna."

John would eye Nathan as he says he isn't worth it, and shake his head a bit. "My mom says that everyone is worth the effort, if there's a part of them that's good. And I've heard you didn't always act like your dad." He would nod at Nahtan's question, frowning a little. "Yeah...when he'd have a bad day, or just think he was going to have a bad day, he'd call me a freak, and some worse things. Say he'd wished he'd worn a condom the night I was conceived. Things along those lines.." He would shrug one of his shoulders a little, like shrugging off a coat. "Well...if the weekends tend to be worse, you could always come over here if you really need someplace to get away from him.." He would glance to Nathan's face. "I have no reason to want him over here. Even for a minute." He would take the moistened wash cloth and start dabbing at the blood under Nathan's nose and cleaning up the split lip gently without trying to agitate the injury any more.

He laughed quietly, following Nathan's gaze to his nails and briefly closing his hands and pulling away to hide them, before pausing and shrugging again before going back to cleaning Nathan up. "No....I'm not gay...I'm bisexual, just like mom said dad was in college. He couldn't care less about that. It was just...how I am other than that, that he had issues with.." He bit his lip lightly, meeting Nathan's gaze and letting out a soft sigh. "Yeah, disappointed would be a good word for it. He expected one thing when I was born, and what he got didn't match up to what he was wanting." He would blink at the bit about his parents wanting a girl and would sit back in his chair a bit, resting his hands in his lap and twisting the wash cloth a bit. "A girl, huh...? As for smart, well, you're smart enough to be able to avoid him, and possibly more if you tried? I dunno...seemed before he got involved you had a pretty good friend with Anna. That seemed pretty smart, too."

John would furrow his brow when Nathan called himself a retard, and brought up his dyslexia, reaching one hand out to gently squeeze a non-bruised part of Nathan's arm. "Hey, hey! Having something that is different about yourself isn't a crime. And it doesn't make you a freak, either. You might feel like it, your dad might call you one, but you're not. You're just -you-. Just like I'm just me." He would frown a bit at the wince Nathan gave to him touching the other boy's back, he'd get back to that later, after getting the point across that there was nothing wrong with Nathan.

"I don't think you're like your father. It just sounds like you're trying to deal with a bad situation. Not that I'm saying I appreciate how you have chosen to deal with the anger and fear...both of which are understandable.." He would motion to Nathan's arm, and his face and neck. "But there is always time to change, if you want to. At least the things that are wrong with you, and I'm referring to copying your dad here, are something you can make a decision to change. Me? I'm always going to be what my dad considered a freak. And I'm not talking about the nail polish..." He holds up his hands and wiggles his fingers to show off their coloring. As Nathan started to cry, John would blink once again, and carefully set down the cloth, and half-rise from his seat before moving closer to Nathan slowly, like approaching an injured dog, not wanting to scare him. If he was let to get close enough, John would slip his arms around Nathan at the shoulders, but avoid as best he can, touching the other boy's back as he gave him a gentle hug, resting his head against the side of Nathan's. "Shhh, shhh....it's okay. You're safe here. No one is going to judge you here. No one is going to hurt you here. Just let it out.."

"... yeah well back then i thought there where people who might actually care about me. the more i learned i was wrong the more i knew i had to do my best to make my old man happy. so long as he's happy, the beatings aren't so bad." he admitted. "course, when he gets drunk he's mean no matter what an once he's home on Friday he starts drinking so..." he shrugged. "there's no getting around it on the weekends." he admitted. "if i start hanging out here he might very well come over here and start threatening you and your mom. that's the last thing i want. it's bad enough i tormented you like that, i don't want him to as well." he admitted. "gay, bisexual, straight..." he shrugged. "i guess it doesn't really matter much, though my dad would think people who like the same gender are heathens i never saw hat was wrong with it." he admitted, more to calm the other down a little bit. "in a world like this, any chance you have at real love? that should be cherished." he admitted. "but then. my dad hates anything he thinks of as 'unnatural' and 'freakish'. anyone different from him in any way is a freak and freaks need to be put down so they can't taint the rest of the normal folk." he sighed. "shame i'm one of them freaks according to him." he admitted, not wanting to get into another argument about him being, or not being a freak. "being friends with Anna? that wasn't smart. all it got me was the worst beating of my life, and her and her family in trouble on top of that." he admitted with a huff. "it's better if the world just... didn't get anywhere near me."

"yeah well. at least you can do your homework." he grumbled. "i have to pay or threaten nerds to do it for me. god forbid my grades show that i'm illiterate." he huffed. "never mind that i am." or nearly so. he could read if he focused really really hard but the words scrambled up on him and the letters made no sense. most of his learning came from actually listening to the teachers lectures and listening to audio-books on his laptop. he could get most of his schoolbooks on audio too but that didn't help his writing problems. he did all the work really, he just got someone else to actually do the writing for him and none of the teachers said anything about it because they didn't want to cause problems for themselves. and really, as long as it was all Nathan's work, he wasn't doing anything wrong. he was just getting someone else to write it out for him since he couldn't manage it on his own. "the last thing i want is my Da beating me because i'm not the perfect little doll." he grumbled, hating that he was shaping up to be homeless, illiterate and jobless by the time he was eighteen because once he hit his eighteenth birthday he was leaving and he didn't care where he ended up. "i am sorry." he admitted. "i just... i don't know. you where so easy. you never fought back and you looked so happy every time i saw you and i hated that..." he shook his head. "it's no excuse. i hate myself for being the thing i hate most but i don't know what else to do. i figured i didn't have anything to loose and maybe if people started standing u to me they'd start standing up to my da and i just..."

he couldn't hold in the pain anymore. he winced, cringing away from John but he didn't stop the other and once the arms where around him he couldn't help but melt into them. John was so warm, and so soft, and just felt like everything Nathan had ever wanted. comfort. safety. understanding. he rested his head on the others shoulder and wept himself dry until all that was left was a vague sense of shame, an enormous feeling of weightlessness and exhaustion. "i' sorry." he whispered. "that was stupid. i haven't cried since i was like, six." he mumbled. crying meant getting smacked around for being a crybaby. he'd learned very early crying would get him nothing but another beating so he'd learned very early on to bottle it all in and let it out into the world through football and boxing. "i should go home." he admitted softly. "i can't stay here. my Da will cause problems." but he was so damn tired, and the house here was so warm and gentle and he didn't want to leave. he wanted to stay and let John wipe away the scratches and the pain and make him feel like a human being again. like a person, instead of a freak.

John would narrow his eyes at Nathan saying he was wrong about people caring about him. "Just because people get scared of whatever your father does or says, doesn't mean they don't care. Anna seems sad about how you've changed over the years. Or at least she seemed to miss the old you, so she obviously cares." He would nod a bit at the rest of what he said about making his dad happy to avoid the worst of it, both feeling sad and aware that the guess he'd told Anna was on point. "Well, only if he actually knew you were coming over here, really. If you came over the neighbor's fence on the opposite side from your place, there's a side door through the shed you might be able to get in through without ever being seen by your dad."

Jason would have grinned slightly when Nathan mentions that sexuality doesn't really matter as far as he cared. He would nod a little and lower his head. "Yeah, sexuality is just something that defines a person really. And a lot of people don't like things that don't fit 'their' definition of normal. Unless is also fits into their definition of 'hot'. Like those people who hate male homosexuals, but are more than happy to watch two women with each other. As if it's not still same-sex relationships." He would smile softly at the other boy's reassuring words, before looking down at his hands and the washcloth again, twisting the cloth and squirming. "Yeah...my dad was the same way. He didn't have problems with sexuality, but other things...well..not too different from your dad." He would arch an eyebrow and glance back to Nathan, with a small smirk. "Well, if you're a freak, then you're in good company. And I'd prefer a freak than anyone your dad considered 'normal', I think. Wanting friends, -actual- friends is always smart, not just those guys you hang out with at school. No, I think if the world stayed away from you, it would be more of a bad thing, honestly."

Jason would tilt his head when the other switched to talking about the homework. "Well, Yea..being able to do your own homework is always better than not. And I could always help you out, on the homework front...I'm not a nerd or anything, but I can always help at least. Dyslexia isn't the same as illiterate...I've heard that much before at least." He would shake his head a little and give a sad smile at the apology, lowering his gaze again. "It's alright. I was a pretty natural target in the town I grew up in as well, though people had mostly gotten used to me, there were still a couple that liked having someone different to single out. Wasn't able to keep my secret all the way through elementary, middle, and part of highschool.." He would shrug a shoulder, glancing back up at him. "To be fair, a lot of that happy look was just hoping that if I seemed upbeat enough and friendly enough, then someone might still want to be my friend. Even with the risks involved at the time..." He would sigh a little and glance towards the door briefly as Nathan mentions hoping someone would have stood up to him, and maybe eventually his dad, tilting his head some. "Huh...well, my mom probably would stand up to him. After all, she's said before she's had more than her fill of bullies. That's why she divorced dad. Though I'd have to catch her some time when she's not working from morning to night."

John would close his eyes as he hugged Nathan, humming a soft lullaby like his mom always did when he was upset. He would continue hugging Nathan, lifting a hand to gently rub the back of Nathan's head when it was rested on his shoulder, painted nails gently stroking through his hair. "No reason to be sorry, there's nothing wrong with crying. And it wasn't stupid, either. So get that out of your head. And how's he going to cause problems, if he doesn't know you're here? Surely you can at least stick around until the time your dad normally passes out? My room is upstairs and opposite your place, we could watch a DVD or something for a while, not having to worry about him noticing anyone is even home over here."

"Anna is a sweet girl." he agreed. "i never should have befriended her but i didn't know any better at the time. i still had faith in humanity back then." he admitted. "adults are nothing but trouble and other kids are just going to make things worse and that's the reality of how the world works. the sooner you figure that out the better." he admitted with a huff, though it was lackluster, as if he didn't really want to believe that, but did because it had happened over and over and over. he had to stare at John though. "...you'd really be okay with that?" he asked softly. "after everything i did to you, you'd be okay with me coming over for an entire weekend?" he asked, looking honestly baffled. "sexuality doesn't define a person." he scoffed, rolling his eyes. "it's a part of their personality sure but being gay or straight doesn't make a person who they are." he stated simply before snorting. "yeah well. people are hypocrites." he admitted.

he had to smile a little at John. "yeah. i hate the people my Da thinks are 'right proper folks'. they're disgusting pigs." he mumbled before shrugging. "i think you've done way more than enough for me. especially after the way i've bee acting." he admitted. "Homework is really the least of my problems." he admitted. "so long as someone does it no one cares and i can learn at my own pace once i can get the hell out of this crappy place." he admitted. "secret?" he asked before nodding. "yeah. i always thought that my dad beating the shit out of me was a pretty damn important secret too." he admitted with a shake of his head. "turns out no one gives a shit." he admitted before shaking his head. "your mom should stay away from him. she might stand up to him but in the long run he'll just do to her what he does to everyone else. ruin her life until she moves away." he stated, not about to admit that if she moved away he'd be all alone all over again. John was the first person who had ever cared, actually cared and he didn't want to loose that. not if he actually had a chance to have an honest to god freind. or even just a place to hide from his brute of a father.

"crying doesn't get you anything but a smack 'round the head." he scoffed. never mind that he felt better than he had in years, that was just because he had someone taking care of him when he was hurting all over. "...yeah. okay. i could stay for a while." he agreed with a sigh. he wasn't about to pretend he wasn't immensely grateful for the chance to be warm and safe and comfortable. "he won't care if your here. so long as he doesn't think i'm over here." he admitted simply. "he doesn't notice the neighbors anyhow, i don't think he even knows there are people who moved in here. hell, i didn't even know you'd moved in here." he admitted, slowly getting up, ignoring the way his arm, ribs, face and back hurt. nothing was broken, that was all that mattered. mostly because his Da wouldn't pay for him to go to the hospital. even if he did go to the hospital on his own his Da would beat the shit out of him all over again for drawing attention to himself. "...hey John?....thank you."

John would smile, and nod, lightly running his painted nails through Nathan's hair idly still. He would pull his head back a little to look the other in the eye "Yeah, she is. And faith in humanity is good, just...you need to..I dunno, learn to work around the bad spots. I guess." He would shrug his shoulders at the comments about adults and other kids, letting out a sigh. "I'm not going to say that isn't true, cause a good portion of the time you can find bad adults and kids if you look hard enough. But it's not absolute. It can't be absolute, otherwise humanity would already have destroyed itself. Yaknow?" He would grin a little at him staring at him, nodding at the question that followed. "Yeah, I mean, hey...you apologized, right? Gotta learn to forgive. If I couldn't manage that I'd never have any friends, 'cause otherwise every little thing that people say, if you take it wrong and take it personally and don't forgive...well, I couldn't imagine a more miserable way to live.." Though he'd think the other boy's situation was well in the running for that. "And yeah, if you'd want to be over for the whole weekend, I'd be up for it. I've got plenty of DVDs....dad always got one for me, after being particularly nasty...to try and make up for it. Didn't stop him from doing it again though....and at least it let me build up a good movie collection.." He chuckled self-depreciatingly, and shook his head. He hummed softly and tilted his head when Nathan corrects his statement about sexuality defining a person, then nods in response. "You're right. Guess I can't quite get rid of some of that wrong way of thinking too well. And often enough, yes."

He would smile back to Nathan as he agrees with his sentiment about the other's dad's acceptable people. "Hey, you've apologized, so no need to keep bringing up the past. As long as you don't start doing it again." He would pull his hand back to mock-accusingly point a finger at his face, before breaking out in a wider grin. He would nod a little as he asked about secret, tilting his head forward and looking down to his lap. "Yeah, secret..." He would sigh a little, and release Nathan to turn back to the first aid kit and check through it. He would collect a tube of Icy Hot, now that Nathan seemed calmed down. "I care." He would glance at him, then back down. "And...if you promise not to tell anyone, I might share my secret with you..yaknow, all things considered. As for mom, well...she could always make an anonymous call or something? That's supposed to be confidential isn't it?"

He would arch an eyebrow at the other boy when he said crying gets you nothing. "Nothing, huh? So you don't feel at all better after a good cry? I always do. Especially if it comes with a warm hug, and my mom's lullaby." He would smile again as he said he would stay, rising to his feet slowly and nodding towards the door to the living room, stepping around to click the stove light off. "Good, follow me then." He would step out of the kitchen, and with the lights out and being seen from behind as simply a silhouette, his general shape of a thin frame, slightly wide hips, at least compared to most boys, would make him look more like a girl than a teen boy. He would lead Nathan to the stairs and slowly up it, a nightlight plugged into a wall socket at the top to help his mom find her way up when she got home exhausted. John would lead the other boy to the second door on the left, the first door open and noticeably a bathroom. He would flick the light on in his room, revealing it to be a mix of what one would expect of both a boy's room and a girl's room. Sheets with an Avengers theme on it, a couple of pillows, a soft pink and a blue one. His dresser with a full mirror on top of it, also holding a small selection of makeup and a softball mitt and ball. In the corner is a book shelf, the top three shelves packed full of DVDs in every space, a variety of different genres, from Action to Sci-Fi, or romantic comedies, while the bottom two shelves held books of mostly fantasy and sci-fi nature. Enough of a broad range of things to either indicate John's interests were varied, or the person who bought them knew nothing about their child. A night stand next to the bed had a light and a soft, worn-looking pink and white bunny doll. On a cheap entertainment stand lined up with the foot of the bed was a 30 inch tv and a playstation 3. "Hey...if you want, I can put some icy hot on whatever is wrong with your back...? I noticed you wince earlier." He would smile at the thanks, nodding to him. "You're very welcome."

he snorted. "your blind. humanity is already destroying itself. it's just doing it in a slower, more painful way." he admitted simply. "humans are nothing more than sickly parasites that feed on each other." he admitted before looking at John as if he thought the other was insane. "...there is a difference between hurting someones feelings and outright attempting to destroy their happiness dude." he stated. "i was outright trying to ruin your life." he admitted before hesitating. "i'd... really appreciate it. even if it's just the once." he admitted softly. "staying here for a few days, until Sunday night at least, that would be really nice." he admitted. "my dad never did that." he admitted. "i guess, in a way yours was worse." he admitted. "mine at least never pretended to love me." he admitted. "it hurts more, when you think they might stop. i used to hope he might get better but i do't think he ever will." he admitted, watching John. "maybe with you gone, your dad will realie how cruel he was really being, and become a better person. there's hope for that at least, if he tried to make up for being a beast." he didn't know why he wanted to offer the other that kind of hope. he knew better, it would only end in heartache right? he didn't know but it felt like the right thing to do.

"i think it would be best if you kept your secret to yourself for now." he admitted with a shrug, wincing when that hurt. "your not ready to share things like that." he admitted. "wait until you feel ready, it's better that way." he admitted. "you don't owe me anything, if that's what your thinking." he promised him. "you now my secret yeah, but so does pretty much everyone." he admitted. "anonymous calls don't do anything but piss my dad off and get social workers in trouble. better just to leave it alone. i've only another year or two before i'm eighteen right? then i can leave and never come back." he admitted before shaking his head. "nope. i don't feel better at all." he was such a bad liar. he swallowed hard, examining the other from behind, wishing his brain would stop thinking naughty things about the others body. he didn't like men dammit! or at least, he'd never thought he had. not that John was a proper man anyway, so slender and soft and smooth... stop it!

"Avengers?" John asked, his eyes lighting up with Glee. "you like Marvel?" he asked, sounding rather delighted. it wasn't hard to guess that Nathan was a pretty big Marvel fan himself. to be honest, Nathan was the biggest geek he knew. Supernatural, Dr. Who, the Walking Dead, Marvel, D.C. things that his father hated Nathan went ape for. even Harry Potter. he had to keep that a secret of course or his father would beat the shit out of him.... that was a reoccurring thing wasn't it? Nathan had never paused to think about how many excuses his father found to beat the shit out of him before. either way, he figured it would be okay if John knew. "so this is makeup?" he asked, picking up pencil and frowned at it. "this is a colored pencil right?" he asked, examining it before picking up the nail polish, his head tilted. he'd never been inside a girls room before, not that John was a girl but he figured it was the closest he was ever gonna get.

"oh... ah, no. Icy-hot... no." he admitted, looking pined just at the idea. "Icy-hot will just make them worse... a lot, lot worse." he admitted. "the ice-packs would work better." he admitted, hesitating before pulling his shirt off, letting John see. what was the harm in it? it wasn't like John could make it worse. there where six raised lines, already bruising and welted fairly bad, wide enough that it was pretty obvious a belt had been used. there where no cuts or blood or scratches but they where obviously painful. to have welted that bad through a shirt, Nathan's father hadn't held back even a little bit. if John could make even a little bit of the pain go away Nathan would happily accept the help. and a pillow. he was used to sleeping on the floor. he slept under his bed more than he slept on it. because his old man couldn't get under the bed to grab him so it was safe under there.

John would sigh softly at Nathan saying that humanity was already destroying itself, and slowly shake his head. "Well, if I'm being blind, then I'd rather not see. If what you're saying is true. I don't want to believe anything like that. A for trying to ruin my life, you weren't trying as hard as you were with the other kids. Especially that one kid in the group you hang out with, the one with the white hair or whatever." He'd grin to Nathan when he said he'd appreciate it, nodding to the other boy, then sighing again as he compared their dads, giving his shoulders a small shrug. "In some ways, maybe...he wasn't too bad when I was really little, when I was just the way he expected a kid to be. Then -wonderful- puberty came along, and he started freaking out!" He would give a short laugh and shake his head again. "I dunno, maybe he will realize he was wrong. I'm not sure though, I think mom divorcing him might have really screwed up his head, though. He started stalking her after the divorce went through. I dunno what mom had on him, but he didn't even try to fight the divorce. After a couple of months stalking mom, he started with me...really started scaring me, so I told mom. That's when she quit her job and moved here, wanted to get as far away as what she had saved up could get us." He would smile sadly at Nathan trying to make him feel better about his dad, even if he wasn't sure.

He would nod a little, and glance at Nathan. "Fair point, though I'm not sure how long it will last at all." He would shrug again. "The school nurse and principle know. Since mom said someone at school might need to, and I have no idea how much they would gossip about things like that. I also don't know how long I can avoid it getting out as I get friends. Back where I lived before, some of the other kids said they wouldn't have been as pissed if I had just told them than leaving them to find out from others." He would glance at Nathan again. "And I wouldn't want you thinking I'm trying to trick you. Not that I would, just..." He shrugged his shoulders, then arched an eyebrow at him. "I don't believe that, you seem better to me, after your cry."

He would grin when they reached his room and nod at his questions. "Yup, I'm a big fan of Avengers and marvel. Iron Man is my favorite avenger, though spider man's little guest appearances in the comics was always a great bonus too! Been a big fan of comics and some other geeky stuff for a while. Plenty of the other kids in my hometown did, too. One of my friends suggested I watch Supernatural, and it was so awesome! The actors who played Sam and Dean played off each other so well." He would look over to his makeup as Nathan commented on it, blushing slightly, having forgotten he'd left it out, but then remembered Nathan saw his nails already and would simply nod. "Yeah, my mom suggested I try it out, and I like it sometimes. Dad got me some too, during one of his times of not knowing how exactly he should act with me." He would smirk slightly at the colored pencil comment, reaching out carefully to take it and looking into the mirror to apply the eye-liner. "Well...kind of true, it's eye liner, meant to help draw attention to the eyes." He would say as he demonstrated it's use, then turning to show Nathan the results.

He would frown a little as he mentioned icy-hot making things worse. He would glance at the tube and then set it down. "Ah....gotcha, well I might be able to find some more, if you'd want..?" He would pause when Nathan actually took his shirt off, having not expected that when Nathan said the icy-hot wouldn't be good. His cheeks would turn a bit more pink at the sight of Nathan's bare chest. "Yeah...ouch, I'll just check the bathroom next to my room for an ice pack, I think there are a few in the medicine cabinet there..if you want, you can pick out something to watch while I do." He was certain of that, in fact, as he had made sure to have some for when 'that time of month' came along, it seemed to help him with the whole cramping feeling. He would slip out of his room and into the bathroom for a short time, to collect a couple cold packs. He would put two of them under his arm and crack the chemical pack inside one as he started back into the room, shaking the bag up as he came back. "After you pick one out, just pop it in the playstation, then sit down on the bed there.." He would motion to the side of the twin bed with the blue pillow as he settled on the side with the pink pillow, pulling his legs up and sitting cross-legged, not thinking about how the position would pull the crotch of his pants a little tighter to his body, his cheeks still blushed from the other boy's well toned chest being bare.

there was a pause and then. "i take it Anna told you about the time i broke Aaron's arm yeah? and his pelvis?" he asked. "...i take a dim view of rapists." he admitted softly. "i caught him trying to force himself on Andi Schemer. she moved away after that and i made sure Aaron could never try something like that again." he admitted. "i didn't say anything about it because i didn't want to ruin Andi's reputation. she was a sweet girl and if word had gotten out Aaron would have turned it 'round' like she had been begging him for it." he admitted, sounding well and truly disgusted before he paused, blinking at him, stunned. "shit. that's... that's creepy shit man." he admitted. "that's like, horror movie stuff." he admitted. "you got a restraining order on him? i could help, i'm not really smart but Da wanted me to be a lawyer so i know some things." he admitted. "i now the paperwork and stuff you'd need to fill out at least." he admitted before nodding. "the Principle and the Nurse are cool, they can keep a secret. the Nurse patches me up sometimes when Da get's too nasty on the weekends. the principle tried to help me once but he had to back off when the teacher got fired." he admitted. "they won't spill the beans and i know you won't trick me. your too sweet for that." he scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"if they held it against you then they weren't proper friends anyway. everyone has secrets. i still have a few. you wouldn't attack me for keeping a secret i didn't want anyone to know if someone else told you, right?" he asked. "it's not fair to be anger at something for something they can't control." he admitted. "...i'm just feeling better because of the ice-packs." he lied. "dude. seriously? Tony Stark? no. no. Captain America is totally way cooler." he scoffed, grinning a little. "honestly my favorite is Loki." he admitted with a chuckle. "i guess i just get him more. crappy dad and all that." he admitted. "i just like watching them fight aliens and monsters and stuff. it would be awesome if Angels where real." he admitted with a grin. "imagine if we had our own little Castiel or something." he admitted with a grin before watching, curious as the other put on the makeup. "oh wow. it makes your eyes look... bigger kinda." he admitted, examining the other before taking the pencil and leaned close to the mirror and promptly poked himself in the eye and cursed. "i think i'll leave that to people who are clearly better at it." he admitted, rubbing his eye. one black and the other poked, this was a bad day for Nathan.

"yeah, ouch. it always hurts though so i'm used to it." he admitted before nodding. "if you had more Ice-packs that would be great." he admitted. "or maybe some painkillers?" he asked hopefully before watching the other leave and settled in to pick a movie, finally picking one of the Marvel movies at random and looked up when the other came back in. "can playstations play DVD's?" he asked curiously. "i've never had one, i have am X-box 360." he admitted, doing as ordered and settled down, watching the other, swallowing when he watched the other sit. those long legs, he wondered if John was as smooth down there as he was on the top? he quickly diverted his eyes and settled in to make himself comfortable while the movie started to play, wincing a little as he fidgeted and finally just laid down. it was the only position that didn't hurt. he carefully adjusted the Ice-packs across his back, took the painkillers if any was offered and settled in to watch the movie. he was very surprised, and very confused when he woke up to see sun peeking in through the window. "...uh?" where the hell was he and why wasn't he in pain? it took him long sleepy moments to remember where he was and why he wasn't in the process of being screamed at.

John would bite his lip lightly when Nathan paused, then nod slowly at his question. Then it would be his turn to pause, and nod slowly in response to his eventual explanation. "I see. I'm glad to hear that, it does make me more comfortable around you." He offers a warm smile to the other boy in response. "That's nice, that you thought about her feelings and the like.." He would then sigh and nod at the mention of his dad getting creepy. "Yeah...I think he just didn't know what to do with himself afterwards. He was mad with mom, and still didn't seem to know what to do about me.." He would nod to the question about the restraining order. "Yeah...mom got one on him for both of us, but she said that doesn't always stop people, so that's why we had to move, without leaving a forwarding address. So he couldn't follow us." He eyed Nathan when he called him sweet, his blush actually would brighten a bit more. "J-just remember you said that, when I decide to spill the beans on it."

He shook his head a little at him saying they weren't proper friends, not disagreeing with him, just acknowledging that they weren't. "Of course not....after all, first I've got my own secret, only one I usually try to keep, but I understand people feeling they can't share something." He would grin as he changed to subject to the avengers again. "He might be cooler, but he's so -serious-. And oh, my, god! Loki was awesome! They really nailed it in the movies." He would nod a little, grinning wider at the mention of Castiel, even letting out a soft giggle before he puts a hand over his mouth, realizing the slip he made. "Yeah..an awkward person who isn't weak, at least most of the time, and doesn't understand humanity as well as he thought? Pretty neat stuff." He nodded after getting the response from Nathan about his makeup, letting the other take the makeup back. "Yup! I'm still trying to find a good eye shadow to really make the rest of the look with eye shadow work, but...going out to buy makeup can be a bit..awkward. Especially being in a new town." He would put a hand over his mouth again to hide his smile as Nathan poked himself, to keep from laughing. "Hey, my first attempt went much the same...mom had to help me for a while, telling me to take my time. It takes a steady hand. Maybe I can help you learn sometime?"

John would nod at the suggestion of painkillers. "Think I have some midol, as well, and a glass I usually use to rinse my mouth after brushing. I'll bring you some as well." He would indeed collect a couple of the pain meds and the glass half-filled with water from the sink when he returned, offering a nod to the question. "Yeah, it can, it also plays blue rays. Dad got it for me as part of one of his 'apologies' when He'd grabbed a blue ray by accident, and I couldn't actually watch it. He always thought throwing money around was the best kind of apology..." He shook his head, then tossed the un-activated cold packs on the bed before offering the pain meds and the water. He would miss Nathan gazing at his legs or general reaction to him, more used to how girls react than guys. When he eventually realized that Nathan had fallen asleep, he would quietly turn off the light, TV and playstation, before getting changed for sleep, basically a soft long night shirt that came down to mid-thigh and a pair of plain white panties. Then he would have gotten back in bed, hesitating briefly before snuggling up against the other and eventually drifting off, himself. Having went to sleep after Nathan, he would still be asleep when Nathan woke, his night shirt riding up a little as he moved a bit in the night, showing off more of his smooth and almost girlish legs.

"yeah well." he shrugged. "at least i didn't get a beating for it. i played it off as.." here he wrinkled his nose. "establishing my dominance." he snorted. "Aaron never said a word 'bout it and the other boys figured it was true so they toe the line that i draw. it's enough to keep them from being... you know, out of control. not that it helps when i'm out of control myself." he admitted. "don't worry. i doubt it's as bad as you think it is." he admitted with a smile.

"your joking right? Cap Am is a total sass master! he's punking pretty much the entire world. i mean really. it's hilarious." he admitted with a smirk. "you wait and see, in the next movie he's going to be fantastic." he declared before blinking at the makeup. "okay... and eye-shadow is... what now?" he asked, blinking at the other boy. "just go and say your trying to pick out something for your mom. the girls will tell you your really sweet and help you pick out the perfect color and stuff. just tell em your mom has your same, what's it that girls are always talking about, complexions? colors? whatever." he shrugged. "they won't steer you wrong i don't think." he admitted. "eeeh. i think i'll leave the makeup to you, i don't think i'm pretty enough to pull it off." he admitted. "i'd ruther learn how to math."

"Midol? isn't that for girls during their... you know..>" he blushed bright red. "Monster days?" he asked, his head tilted. "you know. when they get mean and cranky and... bleed..." he shuddered at the idea. "i just don't understand how a girl can bleed for a week straight and not die of bloodloss. it must be horrible if it can turn a sweatheart into Emile, you know her? into a raging hellbeast." Emile was the shyest, but nicest girl in school. no one bothered her, ever. not even Nathan at his worst had ever turned his acid tongue on her. she'd gone all raging hell beast on one of Nathan's boys, Roger, for 'making a sexist remark that was wholly inappropriate and completely uncalled for in a day and age when women made more money and worked better, harder and faster than men did anyway, and that was on top of cooking and cleaning for the lazy rat bastards!'. worse, most of the girls rallied behind her and had most of the boys cowering in corners for a five day stretch. "wait a minute... weren't you on the girls side in that little fiasco?" Nathan complained, sulking. "smart. wish i would have thought of that." e admitted. despite his concerns about taking 'girl pills' he was in too much pain to care so he popped them in his mouth ad settled in t wait for them to work.

in the morning he nearly shrieked when he realized he had his arms full of a very adorable John. god. the boy was so soft, so warm. he smelled so nice too and he was so small and slender and fit into John's body so perfectly. he'd never really considered the idea of being gay until that bathroom incident and now it was all he could think about. he nearly died, mortified when he realized that his hand had settled on the flank of a long smooth leg and was stroking it, up and down. just as soft as the rest of him.... he snapped his hand back as if he'd burned himself. he was touching John, wholly inappropriately while the boy was sleeping. god, he was some kind of sick, gay, perverted freak! he took a long, deep, shaky breath and tried to control the... urges, from downstairs while trying to extract himself before John woke up and realied that 'little Nathan' was happy to be awake this morning.

He would frown a little, nodding slightly at the mention of not getting a beating for it. "Well, at least there is that." He would wrinkle his nose as well, and shake his head at the dominance comment. "Your dad is a real piece of work. You think mine is bad, but I don't think I could have survived yours." He shuddered a little.

He would laugh softly at the sass master comment, grinning lightly. "Maybe I should watch the captain stuff over again, seems maybe I've missed something." When he asked about the eyeshadow, he would pick up the aforementioned makeup and show it to Nathan, then demonstrate the application to it, just a basic blue eye shadow, but it was alright. After applying it, he would turn back to Nathan again. "Hmmm, yaknow, that's a great idea. Thank you! And yup, complexion and color works." He would laugh softly again as he says he'll leave the makeup to him. "Math isn't so bad really."

He would blush as well when mentioned periods, and would nod a little in response. "Yeah, but it's also a pain reliever. And you mean periods, right?" He would sigh softly and make a bit of a face, though would still laugh softly at his continued awkwardness about the topic. "Well, it's not really a whole lot, and it's just from the lining on their uterus going away. So it's not really like a cut or something." He hummed softly at his question, thinking back to school and the various people, before nodding slowly. "Yeah, I think I remember her. And it's gotta be tough, right...? Between having to possibly have a bit of cotton or whatever in there to keep from ruining your underwear, cramping, bloating, and all that..." He would freeze in place as Nathan asked the question about him being on the girl's side. "Y-yeah, I believe so. It just seemed like, considering what she was already dealing with, it wasn't nice to make matters worse for her."

John would hum softly in his sleep as he felt Nathan stirring, moving a little against him, and letting out a pleased sigh at the feel of a hand stroking his leg, turning and nuzzling his face against Nathan and squeezing closer. At the sudden motion of Nathan pulling his hand away, John would yawn and start blinking his eyes a bit as he woke. "Mmmm....mornin'.." He wouldn't notice 'little Nathan' standing at attention, since he wasn't directly touching his groin and was still too sleepy to visually notice.

"You totally need to." he agreed with a smirk before blinking at the Eye-shadow. "well that's a nice color." he admitted, wondering why he was all squirmy inside at the idea of a guy in makeup. he had to admit though, John looked fantastic in it. he wondered if he could get the other to wear... no. no. absolutely not. he was not a pervert. nope.... it would look really cute though. stop it! "is it? i thought it was like.... i dunno." he admitted before blushing hard when he actually said the word periods. "er, yeah. those. Jesus man i don't want to know!" he cried out, horrified by the biology lesson he was getting. "how are you not disturbed by that?" he wondered. "they really bleed because their inside parts shed? like a snake or a beetle or something?" he asked, looking amazed. someone, had not paid attention during sex ed. granted, most boys didn't because girls where gross and they didn't like to think about their bodies changing like that. "it is pretty tough on them i guess." he agreed. "seams to me like the girls got the shitty end of the stick really. they have to suffer every month for the rest of their lives and they have to push babies out from... down there." he flushed again before shrugging. "i just stay out of the way when girls get like that." he admitted.

he flushed hard when he realized the other was nuzzling into him and 'little Nathan got very much interested in the proceedings and Nathan himself was realizing, very quickly that there was nothing he could do but admit he was very much gay ad very much interested in John. shit. "uh...uh,... g-good morning." Nathan stuttered, hating himself for it. "i'm sorry, i fell asleep. i didn't mean to." he managed to get that out without further stuttering at least. "i'll. uhm. i have to go tot he bathroom." he finally forced out, sliding away and making a mad dash so he could force 'Little Nathan' to behave. he wasn't about to squeeze one out while in the other guys house! men could smell that sort of thing he was pretty sure. he could at least and his father sure as hell could. the bastard always snickered at Nathan the morning after he masturbated. whispering disgusting things about Nathan not being able to get any and making filthy remarks about his mother. it was terrible. thinking about that had the wanted affect and 'little Nathan' died a swift and painless death. thank god for that, he could go back into the other room again without ruining everything. he very much doubted John would feel the same way after all.

John would grin at him saying he needed to see the Cap stuff again, and blush ever so slightly at him saying the color was nice, even though it kind of contrasted against his amber eyes. As Nathan blushed and reacted to him actually referring to periods, he would laugh softly and shrug his shoulders. "I dunno....cause it's natural? Sort of like the whole 'morning wood' thing..." He thought that was a thing, anyway, or at least that's what he's heard people complain about sometimes. "Well...I dunno if shed is the right word, and not really like snakes...maybe? It's not like skin comes out or anything....jeez, I dunno? Didn't they do any sex education in this town?" He would arch an eyebrow at Nathan. "Yeah...that whole ordeal kinda being their bodies' way of 'punishing them' for not getting pregnant in the last month. Really sucks." He would shake his head and sigh a little, then grin at him blushing again at only vaguely referring to a woman's genitals. "You mean from their vagina~?" He'd tease him a bit, grinning a little wider, though he would also blush at mentioning it. "And what's so gross, really? Aside from that time of the month, girls tend to try and be cleaner and neater than most boys. And they wear makeup, such as blush, eyeshadow, eye liner, and lipstick..." He would tick off each piece of makeup on his fingers as he listed them. Each of which he has at least one of on the top of the dresser, though he had two shades of lipstick. "And that sounds pretty safe. Though a tip....chocolate. It can help you out when dealing with 'that time'."

While still sleepy and listening to Nathan, he would smile in a sleepy fashion. "Mmm...dun' worry about it...you had a rough day." He would lightly pat Nathan with his hand, before slowly sitting up, pulling his legs to sit cross-legged once more, forgetting how he was dressed in his post-sleep drowsiness, the nightshirt riding up his thighs and exposing the smooth crotch of his panties without him realizing. He clasped his fingers together and stretched his arms above his head while letting out a loud yawn and a quiet groan. "So did you sleep well?" He would blink and nod in response to Nathan claiming a bathroom need. "Alright, I'm sure you saw it on your way up. Just out the door and to the right." After Nathan left the room, John would look around his room briefly, rubbing his eyes before he got up, taking the opportunity while he thought Nathan would be busy for a little while since he didn't say if it was a number '1' or a '2'. He slipped his nightshirt off, rubbing his chest a little as he looked at himself in the mirror, frowning slightly at the makeup he still had on, taking a wet wipe and clearing the eyeshadow and eyeliner. Afterwards he'd slip his panties off, checking to make sure he wouldn't need to shave today, seeing that his pubic hair was still short enough not to bother too much. He would then open his top drawer and select a light pink pair of panties to step into before opening another drawer to get out a pair of loose khaki pants and going to his closet to select a blouse, figuring most guys wouldn't notice the difference, and not planning on going anywhere today. Then he would get dressed in his chosen outfit.

"ugh! no, morning wood is not natural!" he complained. "it's hell, that's what it is! not as bad as bleeding to death every month but still hell!" he huffed, sulking. "well, we did but no one paid attention. we where all like, eleven and twelve so even if we did there wasn't a whole lot i'd remember anyway." he admitted. "so they stop having periods if they get pregnant?" he asked, looking shocked. "well that's shit isn't it?" he asked, shaking his head. "girls can be just as nasty as boys can be you know." he admitted. "and i'll have you know i take two showers a day." once in the morning after his morning workout and once at night after his evening workout. he couldn't stand being sweaty and stinky. that was a lot better than most boys his age to say the least. he knew for a fact that Gary didn't shower but once every three or four days unless Nathan threatened him with a beating if he didn't stop stinking. "Chocolate? that's easy enough to get. does it have to be a special kind or should i just stock up on everything?" he asked with a grin.

"no rougher than normal." he admitted before glancing down at the panties. somehow he missed the lack of a bulge, but that was probobly because his cock was going 'he's wearing girl panties that's so freaking hot!' "like the dead actually." he admitted, tearing his eyes away from the super cute panties and the long shapely legs before the other noticed he was staring. "okay. thanks. i'll be right back." he promised, heading into the bathroom to deal with his pressing issues. he wasn't back in time to see the chest rubbing bit he was here just in time to catch the lack of a cock as the other pulled on a pair of pink panties. "uh, John?" he asked, his eyes focused on the others crotch. "you don't have a dick." he pointed out, captain obvious at the moment. he didn't look horrified at all, just confused. "are you a girl?" he asked, baffled. "like one of those cross dressing guys you see on the TV? i didn't know girls did that too..." he paused, examining the others chest. "you don't seam to have boobs though, did you get them sucked out like supermodels do? Liposuction it's called right?" he asked, wondering why the other would wear makeup if she wanted to be a boy though? maybe she identified as a boy but still liked to be a bit girly? "i'm really confused right now Dude so a little bit of feedback would be really helpful here..." at least he wasn't gay. well, he didn't think so. did it still count even if she didn't have boobs? he didn't know.

John would laugh a little at Nathan's reaction, taking the moment to glance towards his crotch if he had started to stand or roll over yet, during his preparation to head to the bathroom, blushing a bit before looking back to his face. "Really? What's so bad about it?" He'd smirk a little, and chuckle quietly. "Well...I guess I was just more interested in it, I guess...though I can't remember everything they said.." He shrugged his shoulders lightly, following that up with a nod to his question. "Yeah, the period is to clear the area, so the next time they ovulate only one egg will be present, well...most likely, for the next time they'd possibly have to opportunity to get pregnant." He would nod again, raising his hands. "I didn't say they can't be! I've seen a few that make some of the nastiest boys seem like the saints of cleanliness." He would chuckle softly, and smile at him. "Well, gotta say that's a good thing. Might not have been as comfortable sleeping next to you if you were smelly.." He would tease, and crinkle his nose up a bit, while still grinning. "Any chocolate really, it's kind of a comfort food. I also think I heard someone say that chocolate has some sort of thing in it, or something, that helps. Dunno if that is true, but a little bit of sweetness tends to help most people's moods."

John would freeze when Nathan re-entered the room, pausing mid-way through pulling his panties on, eyes going wide and his face turning bright red. "Shit! Shitshitshit..." He would pull the panties up fully quickly, glancing around the room in a panic, and since Nathan was still in front of the door blocking his only exit that didn't involve a one story fall, he settled for pulling the blanket off his bed to cover his body and hide his face "No! I'm so stupid..." He would shake his head as he backed away from the door. "I'm not a girl...n-not exactly! I don't know...m-my body has always been mixed up. Doctors didn't even figure anything helpful out..can't believe I did this!" He would slump against the wall farthest from Nathan and sink to the floor, keeping covered by the blanket with nothing but his toes poking out. He would shake his head at each of Nathan's followup questions, mainly psyching himself up for a serious freak-out, tears starting to leak from his eyes, not that the other would notice from his current state of hiding himself, though the sound he would start to make as he hyperventilated would be noticeable.

Nathan blinked when the other freaked out. he would probobly have too if it wasn't for the fact that he was a little bit in shock. and had a massive almighty crush on the other. maybe too it was how nice John had been too him that also stayed his own freak-out. "okay. not a girl. half a girl... half a boy... hmm..." h had to pause to think that one through. okay, so the closest thing he'd ever had to a real friend was half a girl and half a boy. there was a word for that. transvestite wasn't it? no that was for cross dressers... hermaphrodite! that was it! they happened in the wild too, it was a natural thing according to biology class. he moved over to the other and set down next to him. "so your kinda like a banana slug. they have both male and female parts, and they have a battle when they mate to see who actually carries the babies. and Hyenas. the females have a penis like thing that they use to control the males." he tilted his head. "there are types of fish too. like, in Clown-fish, if there isn't a male, one of the females turns into a male." he admitted. "so i guess it's pretty natural, like morning wood and bleeding to death once a month right?" he asked John, nodding. "yeah, perfectly natural." he tilted his head.

"i guess this is why your dad was nicer when you where younger. because h thought that maybe the doctors had been wrong. and when you hit puberty and didn't start growing boobs h freaked out." he pondered that and then. "this is why all your friends back at your last place got all mad right? i think i'll call them all and yell at them." he decided. "you should probobly tell Anna." he admitted. "she'll get stroppy if she finds out i knew and she didn't. she'll yell at me." he admitted. "but i won't tell anyone." he admitted. "i can't imagine people would ever leave you alone about it if they found out. i'd hate to have to hurt people to make them leave you alone." he admitted, scowling at the idea of Aaron, Gary or Nic knowing that John was a hermaphrodite. he'd have to kill them to keep their mouths shut. he had to protect John, the kid needed some serious protection and since John had been so nice and helped him, he'd be nice and help John back.

He would continue to hide under the cover, continuing to freak out for a bit longer, though slowly calming down as Nathan didn't start yelling or freaking out as well. As he heard the other start trying to rationalize the messed up situation, John would start to laugh a little nervously, shifting a little under the blanket and hugging his legs to his chest. At he references the banana slug, he'd laugh a little more naturally, and shake his head a bit while not knowing exactly how to take that. But from the tone of voice, he decides to not take it as something mean. Not that he might not bring it up later! "Natural...right, sure..not a freak at all or anything.." He'd sniffle softly, and then immediately laugh again as he brings up morning wood and the bleeding to death once a month comment from earlier. But he would still not pull the blanket down from over his head.

He would sniffle a little again, when Nathan correctly guesses his dad's mixed up attitude. "Y-yeah...he was expecting a girl, but got something weird instead. He kinda almost tried to raise me as a boy and a girl....sorta..this is why puberty really hit him hard, some days I'd get angry for no reason, an' then the 'bleeding to death' thing started.." He'd sniffle a little again, stifling a quiet laugh at the thought again, even though it really shouldn't be all that funny. He would nod a little. "Yeah...sorta, the boys that had liked me, saw me looking more like a boy at puberty, the girls didn't want me around them in the locker rooms and such for the same reason. So I had to do all my P.E. during the summer, when noone else was really around, change in the faculty room."

When Nathan mentions telling Anna, he would finally pull the edge of the blanket away to peer out at him, the eye a little red and teary, and then he would nod again. "You don't think she'd be mad a-about me, though...? Since she probably thought I was a normal boy..?" When Nathan says he wouldn't tell anyone, and even mentioning having to hurt people to make them leave him alone, he would finally shed the blanket and almost tackle him with a hug, pressing his tear-stained face against his chest, not having any more words to say, feeling all mixed up inside about all this.

Back
Top Bottom