Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Snow-covered Boughs OOC (D&D 5e, closed group)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaril

Star
Alrighty, now that the minor misunderstanding of earlier is behind us, here's the Big 16 and brief intro for the game I want to run. If you're still interested in playing after reading them, go ahead and post to that effect, and start working on characters. I'll be around to answer any questions, of course.

Oh, if you're using a different username here, it'd be great if you could just let me know who you are when you post for the first time :)

Loyal servants of the Realm,

My name is Gareth Ramsey, Baron of Greyhill. I hope my messenger manages to reach you safe--this letter is more than a little urgent. I know your group by reputation, and you're exactly the kind of help I need right now. Assuming you get this, please, hear me out.

By the time you read this, winter should be almost two months gone--"should" being the operative word. Even though every report I've had says spring has arrived everywhere else, here in my hold, the snow and ice just aren't going away. No one here can figure out what's happening. Food stores have been running low for quite a while, and my people are starving; all my forces are stretched to the brink just keeping them in line. The Mother says to have faith in the gods, but either we've done something to anger them, or they just aren't listening. That's why I need to recruit outside help.

I have one idea what could be causing this, and how to fix it. But to do it, I need people who can do potentially dangerous work, and from what I've heard, you're as good for the job as any. Come to Greyhill, and I can explain more about what I need. If you can do this for me, you'll have any reward I can possibly grant--gold, land, marriage to one of my children, whatever you want.

Come as soon as you can. Bring warm clothes, and plenty of food.

- Baron Gareth Ramsey of Greyhill

Yes, I know, the sexy part isn't immediately apparent. Bear with me, it'll happen. The 16 will explain more.

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

Dungeons & Dragons, 5th edition.

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

The Realm is a fairly typical setting for D&D, though a bit more on the low-fantasy end of the spectrum than most (usually, at least). Magic is fairly common in the world, but actual spellcasters are rare.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

Three or four players--either is fine.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

Here on the Blue Moon forums.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

3rd level.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

Average starting wealth for your class.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

All classes in the PHB are fine.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

This is where you guys might chafe a little at my suggestion. I'd prefer it if all your characters were either human or, possibly, a half-human, half-something else raised in human society. Tieflings and dragonborn would also be fine in this case, justified as humans with draconic or infernal ancestry. I'm not trying to get in the way of your fun, it's just that one sequence I have in mind for the adventure would be a lot more interesting and interesting (I think) if it's assumed that the different races mostly keep to themselves, and don't know everything about one another's cultures. If someone really wants to play another race, though, I can bend on this point, and it'll still work perfectly fine. Also, variant human is allowed as usual.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

Do standard 27-point buy.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

I'd prefer non-Evil characters, and at the very least able to work together as a team without serious tension.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

Multi-classing is fine, as per the book.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

You roll for you, I'll roll for everything else. I don't think this site has a dice roller built in, so I'll trust you folks to make your rolls off-site if you'll trust me to do the same.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

Can't think of any.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

As much or as little as you want to write. It'd be simplest if you've all been adventuring together for a little while now, but not necessary.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

It'll probably be about two thirds roleplaying and one third combat, varying depending on what you do.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

PHB material only would be good, if you wouldn't mind.

Bonus round, because sex stuff.

17. How will sex and sexual content feature in this game?

As you can see, I'm not exactly building the whole plot around smut--it's the kind of adventure hook you could expect in any normal D&D game--but I'm definitely planning for there to be plenty of opportunities for sexy fun along the way. We can get as detailed as you like at those points (detail makes me happy), and spend as long on them as you want. Outside of those scenes, you folks can feel free to try and inject sexiness at your liesure, but I'm not interested in having the entire game be wholly focused on it. I'd like to at least try to tell a story and play a challenging game while we're having our fun.

18. What activities and kinks would be a natural fit for the adventure as created so far?

Pretty much whatever vanilla stuff you want; group sex; public nudity and sex; transformation (by magic); sapient animals. These are all things I like and am totally comfortable running if people are interested.

I'm personally not the biggest fan of incest, but it also comes to mind as something that would be super easy to work in, and I could run it if someone's into that.

19. What kinks and activities will absolutely NOT be included in this game, and what boundaries should be firmly established right away?

My go-to rule is "if it's physically and mentally mature by the standards of its species, can give informed consent, and does so, you can fuck it". Anything that goes against this rule is strictly prohibited. This goes for me as well as you--all my NPCs will adhere strictly to the rule. For some reason, I feel I should note in particular that by this rule, necrophilia is fine as long as they're sapient undead.

I also have no interest in running: hardcore dom/sub (gentle is fine); bathroom stuff; gore; vore.

Oh, while we're talking about characters, we should also be talking about preferences, kinks, boundaries, that kind of good stuff. My Big 16 bonus round talks about that some, but I definitely don't want that to be the end of the conversation. If there's something you want included or avoided that I haven't touched on, please, come forward and we can talk about it. I would hope this would go without saying, but if anyone says at any time that they're at all uncomfortable with something, no matter the reason, it won't be in the game, end of discussion. Mess with someone's boundaries and you're out, no second chances.

Four things I would like to see mentioned in everyone's character writeup are their gender, biological sex, orientation, and any preferences and kinks that may be distinct from your own (if you decide to do that for whatever reason). I'm guessing you probably would have done those anyway, but just to be completely clear.

I hope to see you all here soon!

Die-rolling thread off-site: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?449576-Snow-Covered-Boughs-DnD5e

Hi, JNAP here from GitP.

I notice you mentioned no homebrew-Oath of Nudity is still okay, yes?

As for my character...

Gender-Female, with penis
Biological sex-Female dominant hermaphrodite, assuming no one finds that too weird
Orientation-Pansexual
Preferences/Kinks-Varied and plenty

Jennifer is made! http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=583917

Smileybastard from GitP.
I am not familiar with 5e. I will likely make a Barbarian or a Druid. Will be male, straight and be mostly Dominant with a penchant for younger females who he is protective of. Not crazy young. Basically 18 to avoid issues.

Lord_Red said:
Hi, JNAP here from GitP.

I notice you mentioned no homebrew-Oath of Nudity is still okay, yes?

As for my character...

Gender-Female, with penis
Biological sex-Female dominant hermaphrodite, assuming no one finds that too weird
Orientation-Pansexual
Preferences/Kinks-Varied and plenty

Jennifer is made! http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=583917

Oh, yeah, the no homebrew thing just means no universal house rules or homebrew that I'm imposing. If you have homebrew material you want to use for your character, go right ahead (spoiler alert: if it's hot, I'll probably say yes). In the case of your oath, go ahead and have a free permanent endure elements effect to go along with it--you'll need it.

Jennifer looks good. I, for one, have no problem with her body type.

Smileybastard said:
Smileybastard from GitP.
I am not familiar with 5e. I will likely make a Barbarian or a Druid. Will be male, straight and be mostly Dominant with a penchant for younger females who he is protective of. Not crazy young. Basically 18 to avoid issues.

Sounds good to me. Need any help with the rules?

Oh, by the way--we have another player joining us since the thread was locked (JNA, you remember Illven, right?). If the other two who expressed interest both show, I can run for all five of you.

Hey, Illven! I've played with him (her? I dunno) them before, though not in this setting.

I can't keep track of who I've played with. That would imply I have a good memory, and we can't be implying that.

Hey, guys. I'm going to roll up either a female bard exhibitionist, a female cleric of a love deity, or a female wizard.

I assume the world is a "normal" fantasy world, with various taboos against most of these things? Public nudity etc? What about slavery?

Smileybastard said:
I assume the world is a "normal" fantasy world, with various taboos against most of these things? Public nudity etc? What about slavery?

I think I'm gonna say slavery is illegal in the Realm, and considered an abomination by the local faith. They have serfdom, though, and few acknowledge the hypocrisy.

For the whole public nudity and sex thing, I figure most people are pretty uncomfortable with it, but, as in most everything, adventurers are something of a special case. Depending on the group, they're either seen as useful enough to have around that people are willing to look the other way when they do stuff that would normally be questionable (talking back to nobility, for a non-sex example), or too dangerous to risk complaining. That all make sense? Or am I thinking too hard about it?

Makes sense to me. People like Jennifer are considered odd (especially in her case, given her gender) but because they fight things other people can't, they're tolerated.

I am looking at building a barbarian who uses two weapons to fight generally. I am well versed in pathfinder by not 5e. Is there a way to have him use two weapons that are not light effectively? I see feats, but from what I can see I can't take one until level 4.

You're going to have to wait till level 4 to dual wield non-light weaponry, unless you go Variant Human. They get a free feat at level 1.

Lord_Red said:
Makes sense to me. People like Jennifer are considered odd (especially in her case, given her gender) but because they fight things other people can't, they're tolerated.

Exactly. Well, for Good parties--Evil ones tend to be little better than bandits (read: murderhobos), so in their case, it's just that everyone is either dead, or too scared to say anything.

Smileybastard said:
I am looking at building a barbarian who uses two weapons to fight generally. I am well versed in pathfinder by not 5e. Is there a way to have him use two weapons that are not light effectively? I see feats, but from what I can see I can't take one until level 4.

If you're human, you can take the variant human racial traits and get a feat at 1st level. That should let you pick up the feat you want right off the bat.

By the way, I'm gonna give the other two until Saturday morning to report in. Otherwise, we're starting without them.

I'm thinking the wizard's goal, is either gold to fund Mad SCIENCE magic, or she wants to marry one of his hot daughters.

The Cleric will want him to make her religion the local religion.

The bard wants to live in a cool story.

Any preferences?

Illven said:
I'm thinking the wizard's goal, is either gold to fund Mad SCIENCE magic, or she wants to marry one of his hot daughters.

The Cleric will want him to make her religion the local religion.

The bard wants to live in a cool story.

Any preferences?

I might avoid the cleric's goal, if only because you'd probably be disappointed--not that you can't have her want to convert the Baron, but that he'd pretty much never be able to do that even if he wanted to, since the Church has too much power.

Speaking of which, a little about gods: there are two sets of gods who are primarily worshiped, the Old and the New. The Old Gods are present in the world, tied to specific locations at specific times and often taking on semi-physical forms to interact with people; much more numerous; generally much less powerful; and infinitely more like people than the New Gods, prideful and greedy and demanding of sacrifice and adoration. In contrast, the New Gods are a relatively small pantheon, too distant and inhuman to contact followers directly on a regular basis, and have power that dwarfs that of most Old Gods. The New Gods are favored by the modern Church, while worship of the Old is strongly discouraged at best and outright condemned as heresy at worst. Clerics of the Church are pantheistic, revering all the New Gods, while priests of the Old Gods would tend to the temple of one master and administer their rites exclusively.

Feel free to make up your own particular gods to fill in the details, if you want to play a religious type.

Jennifer won't be a religious type. She's devoted to her oath, not any being of immense power.

I think maybe i will pass on this. It seems weirder than i had anticipated and not worth learning a new system that does not appeal to me.

Sad to see you go, but I understand.

Now we have to hope at least one of the others wants to play, or we'll be down to two...

I am here, thinking female barbarian.

Would the following custom background suit?
Whore:
Skill Proficiencies: Insight, Persuasion
Languages: Two of your choice
Equipment: A set of fine clothes, a set of common clothes, a set of poor clothes, and a belt pouch containing 25 gp
Feature: Gets Around Town
At your option you can always find a place to work, usually in an inn or tavern but private accomadation, or even in a noble’s courtmight also suit. At such a place, you receive free lodging and food of a standard depending on the quality of the establishment available (1d10 dice roll per area, 1: Squalid, 2-3: Poor, 4-6: Modest, 7-8: Comfortable, 9: Wealthy, 10: Aristocratic. A lower option than rolled can be taken), as long as you work each night. In addition, your work may you something of a local figure (for better or worse).

Gender-Female
Biological sex-Female
Orientation-Bisexual (female leaning in her private life)
Preferences/Kinks-Subject to her mood

Alright, we're back in business! Good to have you along, dan.

That background looks fine, though I'm curious how the combination of it with barbarian came about.

Illven, that feat you messaged me looks fine too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom