Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lonely Neighbors (Josu_T and Mistress_Kattz)

She hesitated before reaching out and taking his coat from him. Just as she was about to thank him, he was already gone
towards his car. She slipped on her jacket which was much to large for her. The jacket stopped a little below her hips.
She could smell his scent in the jacket and it made her melt inside. This was closest she had been to Mike in so many
years. She wanted to just close her eyes and pretend it was him wrapping her in his arms.

She rushed towards the car, opening the passengers side and sat down. She cuddled into his jacket and sighed happily to
herself. After he backed out of his drive way and started to drive off, she spoke to him. "Thank you for the jacket, Mike."
First time she had said his name in a while.. "Anyway, I am sorry If I woke you up.. I just wanted to say I'm sorry
about accusing you and that girl. It wasn't any of my business anyway. I hope I didn't anger you."

She wasn't really sure if she should have even told him that. Did she really have anything to apologize about? She
shrugged to herself, who knows maybe it will bring them a little more closer again. She leaned her head back against the
seat and closed her eyes, curious to what he had to say back to her.

Mike waited for Ashley to get into the car before slowly pulling out onto the road. He started driving toward a nice spot for breakfast. He glanced over at her and saw that she was wearing his jacket. That was good. He didn't want her to get cold, and figured it was as close to her as he'd ever get again. He heard her thank him for the jacket. He smiled. He was glad they were able to do this. He hoped the day went as well as it was already.

She appoligised about asking him about the girl. For some reason she actually cared about not angering him. That surprised and confused him. He added it to a growing lists of things he had not expected from her recently. He started to wonder if he had the right impression of her, or if he had judged her wrongly. He decided to think about it later. He glanced over at her again. Her eyes were closed. He shrugged. "Its ok. I needed to get up anyway. As for asking me about that girl, you did nothing wrong. She really means nothing to me. I'm not even really sure why I did what I did last night."

He pulled into the parking lot of a restaurant and parked the car. He turned off the engine and sat there for a moment. He turned and looked at Ashley. "Well, I hope you like this place. They usually have a good selection for breakfast." He opened his door and stepped out. Standing next to the car he stretched and yawned. The sun was bright so he covered his eyes and turned to enter the restaurant.

She smiled again and nodded her head. "Maybe it was just the drinks?" She knew had did have a little to much to drink and she was sure there were somethings on his mind bothering him. Though deep down she wished it was her he had came to. She had to admit though.. she was quite giddy even though she didn't show it. Her and Mike were together, talking even though it wasn't much. She had a feeling that maybe all her thoughts about him were wrong.. but she wasn't fully sure yet.

They finally arrived to the restaurant, noting there weren't many other cars here yet. She heard him speak to her and smiled. "This place is great, I like to come here by myself sometimes to eat before class starts." She opened her door and stepped out, the cool wind hitting her face. She squinted some as the bright sun burned her eyes for a moment till they adjusted to the light. She and Mike then headed towards the restaurant, walking side by side without that full awkward feeling between them. Her heart did leaps, hoping that maybe she still did have a chance with him. She was the shy type though and would probably be to scared to tell him her true feelings. She blushed as he held the door open for her and she quickly stepped in asking for a booth to fit two people.

She felt him come up behind her, standing there as they waited for someone to come seat them. After a few moments, one of the waitress came and motioned for them to follow her to their seat. She sat down in the booth, moving close to the window. She always loved sitting by the window so she could watch people on the outside. She saw he sat down in front of her. "What would you like to drink?" She heard to waitress speak to her. Debating for a moment in her head she finally choose what she wanted. "I'll just have ice water, thank you." She looked up towards him and waited for him to order his drink. She was curious if he wanted to say anything to her.

At her suggestion that it had been the drinks, Mike shrugged. He knew why he'd gone to her. He just didn't want to admit it in front of her. He was glad though that they were able to walk together without the strange feeling of awkwardness. He just wished it could be like this more often.

He opened the door for her and let her enter first. Then he stood behind her while they waited to be seated. Once they got to the table he sat across from her and gave a small smile. He looked up at the waitress and waited for Ashley to order first. He then simply ordered the same, water. Once the waitress left he turned to look at Ashley again. She was looking back at him. It was then that he remembered she'd said they needed to talk. He wasn't sure if it had been what she'd said in the car or not. "Um, so....what was it that you needed to talk to me about?"

Back
Top Bottom