Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Underground

Status
Not open for further replies.

prettylykSIN

Supernova
London_by_moj.jpg

Oh boy I thought I told you...

• In today's society, there are those who often fall through the cracks. People who loose their jobs, their
                      homes, their families. They live on the streets and beg for our money. Most people don't even notice
                      them. If one of them bumps into you on the street, you might notice them for that instant, but once
                      they're out of your sight, they slip from your mind completely, as though they were never there.

In London's Underground, these people have made their homes, diving the world into two separate
                      places. London Above, where the normal, everyday happenings carry on... and London Below. A place
                      of magic and forgotten people and times. Factions were created, Fiefdoms and lordships as though
                      medieval times had come to London once again.

This is the story of those who have slipped through the cracks of London.

... there ain't no heaven.

Rules:
- All characters of London Below are like hobos. Dirty with poor quality clothes.
- Those from London Above do no notice those from London Below.
- Be literate, please. Proper spelling and whatnot.

Aems-1.jpg

• Taking a long drag from her crumpled cigarette, Aember blew the smoke into the face
                of her client, enjoying the way he grimaced and coughed, covering his mouth against
                the poisonous vapors. The sixteen year old brunette smiled and leaned back against her
                sofa. She had found an abandoned hospital in London Below, and had turned it into her
                home. There were plenty of mattresses and furniture for her use. It was strange how
                those above could just abandon a perfectly good hospital. She doubted they even knew
                there were buildings beneath the city anymore. She wondered idly if they even cared.

The man across from her cleared his throat, bringing her attention back to him. He was a
                short, balding man somewhere in his forties, completely unattractive, but she didn't take
                her jobs on based on her client's looks. "When do you think you'll have the information?"
                he asked, wringing his hat between his grubby digits. Aember sneered and flicked the
                access ash from her cig. "Give me three days, I'll have what you need." The man nodded,
                his beady eyes darting around the room. "Shall I return here then?" The girl smiled toothily
                and shook her head, her hair falling over her shoulders in dark, curling waves. "I'll find you."
                The man nodded and stood, bowing slightly. "Thank you, Marquise. I knew I could count on
                you. Just like your father."

The girl's pale gray eyes flashed, but she said nothing, simply inclined her head, dismissing
                the man from her presence. Just like your father. Aember sneered and threw her
                cigarette across the room. Like she wanted to be reminded that she was related to him.
                The Marquis de Carabas was well-known in the Underground, not always among the most
                respectable of people, not that she was any more respectable. Her line of work involved spying,
                lying, stealing, and harboring favors from others Below. She grimaced and lit another cig,
                leaning back and closing her eyes. She had another client coming... soon. She planned to
                rest until then.

285766.jpg

Khaled leaned against the wall of the alley, nestled between the darkness of two dirty buildings of The Underground. He was about 6", with caramel brown skin. His eyes hinted at his pacific islander heritage, but his fathers Irish side gave him his height and size. His dark brown eyes, stared intently across the street. A small orange-red ember flared in the darkness as he inhaled on the cigarette he held between his lips. Across the street from the alley, the abandoned hospital loomed in front of him. After walking around all day, looking for a place where he might be able to stock up on necessities, he stumbled across the hospital. Seizing the opportunity, he decided to stake it out for a bit. Even though it was obviously abandoned, he still hoped that he might be able to find some items of use. God knew that bullet wounds didn't stop bleeding by themselves. He simply waited in the darkness, determining if anyone occupied the building. Everyone knew that crazy people, and other gangs loved places like this. Big, with enough room to house a group and their supplies. Knowing full well that there could still be someone or a group of people there, he decided it was worth the risk. "Go big or go home" he muttered, and took another drag on his cigarette.​

He slowly slid down the wall he was leaning against, sitting up on the floor of the dirty alley. Shaking his head to get his grey-black hair out of his eyes, he stared up at the vast ceiling of the Underground. Seeing it always made him feel depressed. Here in London Below, that view was a constantly giving people feelings of oppression and dominance. It was an every man for himself kind of place he thought, and after a moment gave a small chuckle. Or herself he reminded himself. Lord knew how many time he had almost died at the hands of a woman. Getting up, he brushed off his dark blue jeans, and plain black shirt. Finishing up his cigarette, he let it drop to the ground, and crushed it with his foot. Let's get to it he thought.​

He took a moment to make sure he was ready. Patting himself down to make sure he had everything, he took a mental inventory. Small lock picking kit, padded gloves, wire cutters, and his trusty sub-nose revolver. Checking to see how many bullets he still had, he sighed after counting only two. Bullets were hard to come by, and he knew that he needed to find more. Getting those however would be extremely risky, and he knew that if he broke into the places where those were kept, he knew that he stood to lost more than his life. More like a few fingers and toes first. He hoped that he wouldn't have to waste the bullets, and tucked it away his his thigh holster.​

He exited the alley, walking up the street away from the hospital. He kept a steady pace, until he neared the side of the hospital. He walked around the corner, and surveyed the area. The street was dirty, with papers and other debris being blown around from the poor excuse for wind blowing in the Underground. The street lights were dim, barely illuminating the street with their weak light. Seeing no one around to impede him, he turned to the nearest window. After picking the lock on the shutters, he exposed the glass. Peering inside, he saw that it was some kind of store room, dusty and cluttered with boxes, he figured it was as good as a place as any to start.​

He gripped the window frame and slowly applied pressure. When it didn't budge, he frowned and pushed harder. He cursed to himself, and looked to see if there was some sort of lock. Seeing a simple latch that was turned from the inside, he began to grumble to himself. "I hate windows, stupid things." and glared at the window for a moment. Seeing as how his lock picks were useless to him, he took off his dark green jacket and wrapped it around his hand. After looking around to see if anyone was around, he hit the window once, twice, three times, until the glass shattered. Freezing for a minute, waiting to see if anyone inside heard it and was coming to investigate, he held his breath. After a moment passed, he reached through and turned the latch. Pulling his arm back out of the window, and throwing his jacket back on, he slowly slid it open.​

Gripping tightly, he lifted himself up and through the window, barely making any noise as he touched the floor. He turned around and closed the shutters, concealing the broken window. Although it was almost pitch black, he managed to turn around, and quietly knelt to begin rummaging through the boxes on the floor. He cursed as he felt only papers in most of them, figuring that they were just hospital records. He rose, and slowly made his way to the door. Opening it as quietly as he could, he peeked out into the next room and grimaced, seeing the somewhat furnished room gave him hesitation. He argued with himself for a moment, and decided that he might as well see what he could find. If people were here, then they would have supplies for sure. He eased into the room, and began to slowly walk through it. Smiling as he spied an ashtray with a few cigarette in it, laying atop a desk, he felt a bit of respect for them.​

• (( Thank you for joining Tath. ily <3 ))

Her client was late. It had been hours since the grubby balding man had
                left her presence. Aember lay dozing on her sofa, her small hand
                dangling limply from the arm, a cigarette still held between her slender
                fingers. Her tiny bare feet were curled under her, all traces of scorn and
                malice wiped clean from her delicate features. For that moment, she
                simply looked like a normal, if somewhat dirty, teenager. She sighed in
                her sleep and turned over, dropping the cigarette on the floor. It
                bounced, spraying embers, before rolling a little distance away. She
                didn't notice. In her dreams, she was a child again and in the warm,
                loving embrace of her mother.

The sound of glass breaking woke her immediately.

Her stormy grey eyes flew open, but she did not move. Wait. Wait.
                There. The soft padding of someone in the next room, shifting through
                boxes. Quietly, she slipped off the couch, sparing a glance for her
                fallen cigarette before dismissing it from her mind. She grabbed the
                punch dagger from the desk, slipping it between her middle and ring
                fingers. Aember was no fighter, but she was quick, and very quiet.

She tip toed towards the door, her bare feet making no sound on the
                hard concrete floors, the only sound was her over-sized button up shirt
                against her bare legs. She wore shorts beneath it, but they were
                almost too small to notice beneath the too large shirt.

Pressing herself against the wall by the door, she waited, the dagger
                poised and ready.

The door opened and a man slipped inside. He was tall, a good head
                and shoulders taller than Aember. Gritting her teeth, she pressed
                against the wall harder, secretly hoping that maybe if she pressed hard
                enough she would somehow meld into the grimy drywall. The man
                continued into her rooms, and she eased away from the door keeping
                behind him. It was almost easy. She reached up on tiptoe and grabbed
                him from behind, the tip of the dagger pressing into his kidneys.
                "Didn't your mother ever teach you to knock?"

(your very very very much welcome!!! :) )

As Khaled crept softly through the room, he definably did not expect a dagger to be pressed to his back after only a few steps. A million things raced through his head when he felt the tip of the dagger pressing into his kidneys, while an arm reached around his neck bending him backwards off balance. He froze, not wanting to do anything that might set of punishment by the one holding the said dagger. Quickly, he weighed the possibility of surviving a few stabs to the kidneys. Seeing how he liked having those wonderful organs, he decided to cooperate for the moment. He figured he should at least be somewhat honest, because in the Underground one never total the complete truth, or outright lied to another person. That was a good way to be used and discarded eventually.

"Uh....I think she mentioned once or twice. I guess it was never really a priority with her." he muttered. He spoke with a soft yet deep voice. I don't suppose there is anything I could do to make you take that sharp piece of metal away from my kidneys?" he asked. "I rather like having use of them"

As he spoke, he tried to get a mental picture of his attacker. After hearing the voice, he knew it was a female. Since she was holding him from behind, he could somewhat feel how tall she was, with her head around his shoulder somewhere. Somewhere about 5'3, 5'5 he guessed. Couldn't be too great in a hand to hand fight, but from the way she got the jump on him, he guess that she knew something about taking care of herself.

He figured it would be best to just go with the flow and react to whatever she did next. Trying to think in these situations never really helped he figured.

Alec.jpg

• Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap.

Out of the shadows of the hospital room, Lafayette appeared. The sight before him was most...amusing. He couldn't help but chuckle softly as he slipped his pale hands into the dingy pockets of his slacks. "You should feel quite embarrassed for...being caught by such a dainty little thing..." the man spoke as dark jewels laid to rest on the girl. She was a pretty little thing... From the image before him however, he took it that the rumors were true, and she wasn't as dainty as her tiny little exterior made her out to be. "Allow me to apologize Miss....I am terribly late. However...I just couldn't help but watch this man sneak into here...it was quite...the scene." he spoke. He grinned toward the male, before putting his attention back onto the girl. Running his tongue over his sensual lips he saunters across the room and over to the couch where she was dozing off. Just before he reached the couch, his foot came down onto the cigarette which had flew form her fingers mere moments before. "You know....that is how fires start..." as he spoke, he continued on his path towards her couch and took a seat.

He allowed dark jewels to follow the outlines of her delicate form. Well what outlines he could see under her overly large shirt. He wondered if there were something beneath. Reclining back onto her chair he smiles.
                                          "How much are your services love?" he questions. His eyes wander around the room briefly as he reached into the inside of his black leather coat pulling out a silver box. It was slim and sleek and one could only guess what was inside as he began to study it. The box opens with a small click, and out comes a white cigarette. Placing the cigarette between his pinkish lips he sighs. The brunette was dressed in a black long sleeved shirt, that stopped just above his perfectly toned abs, a long black leather coat, and dingy black slacks that were tucked into black boots. All the male was missing was a sheriff's hat and holstered guns to complete his gunslinger look.

Even so, it was all just a style and nothing more. Lafayette didn't really like guns. He found them to be, all too loud and cowardice. He much preferred hand to hand combat, something where he could get his hands really dirty with. Besides, his profession required silence. He was a master thief, one could say. Which would explain why he was unseen during this whole ordeal. There wasn't anything he couldn't steal. Well anything he'd come about anyhow. Crossing one leg over the other, he toyed with the cigarette between his lips, waiting for the girl's response.

• (( Whoo, Nove~<3 ))

Hearing another male voice behind her, Aember lost her grip on Khaled's shoulder and
                her advantage over him. She jumped back away from him quickly, placing herself between
                the two men so that she were clearly in her line of view. The punch dagger remained in
                her hand, clearly visible to the men, making it clear that while she may have lost the upper
                hand, she would tolerate no foolishness on their parts.

She looked over them both now, grey orbs weighing and calculating. The were both taller
                than her, but then, most everyone was seeing as she only reached a meager five foot,
                four inches in height. Not for the first time, she cursed her shortness. Her father had been
                a tall, imposing man, and yet she had drawn the short stick. No pun intended.

The daughter of de Carabas crossed her arms over her chest and studied the new arrival.
                "I'm to assume you're Lafayette?" she asked cooly, remembering the name scratched on a
                piece of paper that now sat on her desk. "If I remember correctly, you're about in the same
                line of work as myself. Why do you need my help?"

• ((I couldn't pass this opportunity up~))

Dark orbs watch her sudden movements, a sinister smile touching his lips at how defenseless she was.
                                          "Hm?" his brow furrows at her recognition of him, and his occupation. "Oh...right..." he goes onto say removing the cigarette from his lips. Standing from the chair Lafayette removes the coat from his shoulders revealing that he was currently holding no weapons. Well he was, but none he intended on using on her. And none that she could see. "Well...you see...there's a big score coming to town." the brunette begins with a slight nod of his head. Running both his hands through his dark locks he sighs through parted lips."And I must say...the prize is all too much for myself. I figure why keep the spoils all to myself? Sometimes sharing can be quite fun." With that said, Lafayette finally reaches into the left pocket of his pants and pulls out a light for his cigarette. His eyes focus now on his cigarette as he lights it. Taking a long drag from his cig, Lafayette allows his eyes to flutter shut savoring the lovely taste of tobacco. "So...I was wondering.... Would like to accompany me?" Lafayette questions, as he watches the smoke wisp into the air.

There was a special shipment of goods coming through London above, very close to several entrances of London below. Lafayette spent most of his time near the borderline of both cities, gathering information that would either send him to his next steal, or entertain him.
                                          "The target I have in mind is a merchant....it is an easy enough task for me to tackle on my own but...I heard it will be guarded heavily as the things he will have in his possession are to be taken to someone of great power." Lafayette was never into any kind of politics and therefore didn't know exactly who the shipment was supposed to be delivered to. He just knew that it was going to be a big score...that he wanted in on. "I haven't done a team job in quite some time....This seems to be the most appropriate times of ever to indulge in such activities. And who better than to have as my mate in this adventure than you... Ms. Aember."

(your awsome nov)

Heat rose to his face as the newcomer spoke to him. Biting back a retort, he realized that the man was actually right, and he had too careless. He knew that no matter what, one must always account for any and all possibility. Seeing as neither of them were planning to hold any more pointy pieces of metal on him, he listened quietly as they spoke. As the man lit his cig, a felt a stirring deep within him. Slowly reaching inside his jacket as not to alarm them, he pulled his own smokes out, and with a click flick of his lighter, inhaled deeply. Holding it in for a bit, he slowly let the smoke escape from his lungs, savoring the feeling of nicotine coursing through his system. Feeling more calm and in control, he brushed his hair back with his hand and observed the conversation.

The prospect of a big score was exciting to him. Knowing full well how information was valuable, he spent his time as often as he could in bars, and other shady places. What people usually thought were rumors usually had more truth to them than they thought. He knew from the quiet whispers in bars that something big was coming, something that could turn the Underground on its head.

He spotted his chance and took it before the female could speak. "Wait. Your kidding right? You want to try to take something from one of the Grand Merchants? Everyone knows that those guys don't fuck around. Any rumors that something could, could happen, and there are more guards covering that shipment than there are flies on shit." His dark eyes surveyed both of them as he spoke, trying to see their reaction. "If your serious about this, your going to need at least three people. If the two of you go at this by yourselves, chances are one of you is going to die." He prided himself on being able to accurately calculate the odds of any given situation. Of course he didn't expect to get a girl to get the jump on him, but he never would have expected that someone like that lived in this dingy hospital.

He eyed both of them as he finished speaking. He adjusted his position slightly, in case they decided to try to take him out. Looking at the man, it was obvious that he knew how to take care of himself, but Khaled had taken on all sorts of people during his 18 years. More than anyone ever could have guessed. A bit of luck, quick thinking, and the fighting he learned from surviving on the streets all his life was always enough to take anyone down. On the odd occasions that someone had been pissed enough to send an assassin to kill him, he still managed to come out on top, not unscathed of course, but alive. Dealing with the man and the woman would be a bit more complicated though, and he hoped it wouldn't come to that.

He inhaled deeply on his cig, dark brown eyes looking slowly switching back and fourth between them, waiting to see their reaction.​

• Pursing her lips in thought, the girl stared at the two men with knitted brows. Grand
                Merchants, huh? She knew the risks. Not even her father had ever been so bold.
                Aember sighed heavily and ran her fingers through her untidy brown hair. It was
                suicide... on the other hand... it could be a way of stepping out of her father's shadow
                and making her own place in London Below. She shook her head at herself. What was
                she thinking? She had other jobs to do. She couldn't just go gallivanting off on some
                unknown adventure with two men she'd only just met. But then...

"What's the cargo?" she asked suddenly, noticing that Lafayette had failed to mention
                that tiny factor.

The dagger disappeared somewhere in her sleeves, which seems quite the trick considering
                how baggy and loose her sleeves were. There didn't seem like there would be anyplace
                to hide a knife in her clothing, but she had several small knives and shanks hidden on her
                person. One never went about in London Below unarmed. At least, no one sane.

Khaled noted how the dagger seemed to disappear up inside her sleeve. Out of the corner of his eye, he studied the womans clothing, wondering what else she could be hiding under those clothes. He couldn't tell for sure, but he thought she was wearing some shorts underneath her oversize shirt. If she wasn't then... He smiled slightly at the thought and averted his eyes to the floor for a moment. He brought his slightly crumpled cigarette up to his mouth and inhaled deeply, feeling the smoke fill his lungs. Feeling under control now, he looked up again, and glanced at the other man before returning his gaze to her. Out of the corner of his eye again, he slowly looked her up and down. The image of her wearing only that over sized t-shirt, sitting up with her smooth legs under her, looking at him from a bed filled his mind. Again, he averted his eyes to the floor, and tried to ignore the images running rampant in his head. Looking up at the man, he waited for his answer. He was also wondering what they would possibly be risking their lives for.

Keeping his expression relaxed and neutral, he tried to focus on the man.

• He simply smiles. Lafayette was all too confident in himself at times.
                                          "Hm?" his brow furrows just a bit as he turns his attention to the smoke blowing from between sensual lips. "Well...all the things a selfish royal would send themselves really." he speaks, the cigarette idly waying between dry lips. "Jewels...money...clothes..food...the like of which is all too big for just lil'ole me.." the brunette says with an innocent tilt of his head. Running both his hands through his dark locks he breathes out slowly, smoke wisping through his notrils."The cargo will be heavily guarded..and as you should know from the rumors surrounding me...I am no fool when it comes to getting what I want." With that said, Lafayette pulls the half smoken cigarette from between his lips, and allows his eyes to shift between both Aember and Khaled. "I have a team of pawns set-up for this score I've got my eyes on. They will be a lovely distraction..." Lafayette says before running his tongue over his lips. Not only was he a great thief, he was also a lovely motivational speaker for those who were very desperate. He was taught as a child not to walk over those less fortunate than himself but..he could never feel pain for others.... Lafayette was always more for himself than others. "So tell me...do you think you will accompany me?" he questions. "Oh, and you can come to sir...if you think you can keep up." he says with a tilt of his head toward Khaled.

Yami is walking now the road. she looks at her hands as she searches through her memories to remember for her past as she dose not know where she comes from. Yami Stands up to her full height 5'4. she Pulls her Hood up and she Face mask over her Mouth. then something catches her eye. Yami Spots what she was Searching for so long as she Makes her way to the alley way.

Yami Looks down the Dark alley way. She Walks down it as she Hears People Talking. She slowly approaches the Door to overhear their conversion. She hears something about cargo. Then Yami accidently kicks a Can that was near her that is now Flying across the alley way floor. She thinks shit shit. Yami slowly backs away from the Door and hides in a nearby Wall that leads into a different way through the alley. She Hugs the wall close hoping they will not find her

http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=10755&page=12

Delshyk, who had been waiting in the alley for some unknown reason, caught the can on the tip of his sword silently. His sword looked fairly new, as did the 6 daggers he carried. He wore a simple t-shirt and blue jeans, all stolen from London Above. Delshyk's eyes rested on the girl who kicked it, and he stood up slowly. Then, he walked quietly over to her, sheathing his sword and clamping a hand over her mouth. "Don't you know what stealth is?" he whispered into her ear. The sword in his hand glinted with a deadly light. "Next thing you know, you'll be killed." he backed off from her and went to sit down, flipping a knife in the air repeatedly and catching the blade in between his teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom