Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The White Flash (Hypexxxx & Necrozen)

Necrozen

Moon
Mayfire had been rocking back and forth in a hardly stable, wooden chair. The loose nails, decaying legs, and eroded joints caused the seat, once used for dining, to mimic the sounds of a struggling rat with each slow sway. Mayfire's legs had been crossed and kicked up upon the desk before her in as equal of a condition. The desk had been littered with papers, trinkets, and other of the pair's belongings, though a large amount of what'd laid there had had Mayfire's own bullets scattered about the surface. She'd been wiping glistening black pistol with a large cloth; darkened from dirt and residue from past cleanings. As she worked, she'd hummed a rather repetitive tune to herself.

A small bit of the setting sun crept through some of the walls within the shack, casting radiant streaks, orange in hue, to cast in an almost systematic way upon her gun and a few other spots about the room. Dust particles danced within the space wildly due to their abundance. However, it was a sight she'd become numb to as she did the sty. However, she'd taken note of the glare from the black surface of one of her simple, yet beloved guns, noting her of what time of day it'd been. Upon the realization, a small sneer swept over her lips as she looked over her shoulder to the other within the shack, snickering ever lightly under her breath. "Can't help but notice I'm sitting here without any dinner yet."

Bayman had been walking for many miles after finishing his daily runs. Those of which include a couple chores: 1. Try not to die trying to find food. 2. Try not to die fight said food. 3. Try not to die fighting the local crazies for their ammo and other supplies. %. try not to die getting back to the shack. Though challenging to most survivalists, it wasn't really a problem for him. While the white flash destroyed the hopes and dreams of many people, Bayman simply grew accustomed to the situation, perhaps getting hardened because of it. He could take out the entire base in a 30 minute period and be fine. Waste of bullets though...

Still on the path to the rusty shack he calls home, He twirls a silver revolver on his finger, a gift from the base he raided. The gun was pretty heavy compared to the glock he carries on his left side. It had a long barrel with gold flowery engravements on either side of the gun. On his person he also carried a shotgun and a Knife. Tools of the trade. He continued to twirl the gun in a joyful manner while carrying tonight's dinner: Wolf. He wasn't practically fond of killing an animal like that, food is food, all the same. He approached the shack, he noticed how beautiful today was, so he took a moment to take it all in. Days out in the Wasteland tend to be the same everyday, but today he seemed to appreciate todays beauty for what it is, beauty. He steped inside the house and spoke to Mayfire as he walked in "I'm home. I brought dinner" he said in a quiet but warm manner. Bayman was always been a pretty quiet person even after The White Flash. He doesn't like traveling with a group of a lot people. His roommate is really a huge exception for him; he seems ok with her presence and actually enjoying her company instead of ignoring her most of the time. He puts the meal on the table and pulls up a chair and sits down in a relaxed manner. He looks at MayFire with regret. "Sorry I couldn't get you something different, this was all that could find." He says softly, but loud enough for his voice to project in the shack.

Mayfire's sneer widened to a smile as she'd heard Bayman open the door. Despite all rationale that someone at the time would have that every creak of a door was a potential danger, she couldn't help but think otherwise. She related the sound to something far from than ill tidings; but rather, her closest friend and protector. The complex was equal to that of a dog and a family member returning home. It mattered not the news they brought with them, but the simple "thrill" of them entering the door. It was an uncontrollable "instinct" of hers that she couldn't find the will to ween herself off of.

Her smile faded slightly at the sight of the beast Bayman had carried, though let the cloth lay upon her gun as she used her left hand to wave dismissively to him. "Ah, no, no, it's fine. 's still food after all, right? Who am I to be picky?" She spoke in her usual eased, almost dauntless voice. She quickly moved her feet from the desk, permitting the chair to sit back upon the floor with all four of its' legs before she'd near sprung up to stand. Her almost full leather clothing and boots alike that'd somehow managed to stay in wearable condition over the years, made the usual sounds the material would make at sudden movements. She moved over to stand near their table, slamming her hands upon it with anticipation as she looked up to Bayman; her cerulean eyes glistening with joy and smile shifted into a wide, almost wolfish grin; dusting off any negativity that could be depicted from their situation and the fact their dinner was a wolf and not what an ordinary meal they'd call prior the White Flash. "I'm starved as is! I could care less if this was a wolf or worm. This'll do nicely to me. 's got a lot of meat on it's bones anyway." She snickered as she leaned on her toes, moving her hand to ruffle whatever hair had been upon Bayman's head. "Perk up now, who's cookin' up this dog?"

Bayman smiled warmly as Mayfire ruffled his already ruffled dark brown hair. He smiled warmly at her as she spoke to him. He's has always enjoyed her company, as she was very upbeat and animated. He found her positivity charming, due to the dark nature of the now desolate world that they now inhabit. He chuckled, "Well," Scratching his puffy but small beard, "I guess I have too, huh?" He put his hand in her hair, as to return the favor. He smiled at her as he sat down his guns and new silver Revolver that he found. He picked up the Wolf off the table to go cook it. He turn to Mayfire, "Could you spot me though? Its still daylight outside."

Mayfire quickly jerked back at Bayman's hand in her hair; moving abruptly to fix her bangs and the top of her head, even the areas that'd been far from tampered with. "Hey! This takes a lot of work to look presentable." She spoke with a huff and a pout, though sticking her tongue out in a playful manner. She looked over and out the door as she'd placed her right hand holding her pistol onto her hip, tapping the gun upon it as both it and the pants she'd worn gleamed with the same, stainless black. She canted her head at the landscape before them before reached her arms to give a stretch above her head. "Psh, like anyone's gonna' show their faces around here anyway. Daylight as is, it won't be for very long." As she relieved herself from the stretch, she looked over her shoulder with her trademark grin to Bayman, tapping her pistol upon her lips as if a toy. "Buuut, if you're gonna' be a worry wart about it, I guess. Just don't take too long with that wolf, yea? I could eat a horse and then some." With that, she'd strutted out the door with a demeanor of overconfidence, leaving it slightly cracked to still peer inside from time to time to comfort herself.

She circled the shack in more of a bored way than an alert one. She carelessly swung her hand containing her gun to the opposite beat of her feet in a rhythmic way for she'd been with her thoughts. She'd not so much as bothered to bring more than her pistol out with her, for she'd clung to the thought that no dangers were about at the time. She'd possessed many guns, even an excessive amount. She often had her smaller ones clunked in her drawers while her larger ones had been scattered about in no particular fashion to portray her lack of organization. Some had their own story as she'd remained oddly sentimental to each one. Some she refused to use at all in fear of being broken. However, not every gun had been through any depictable tragedy with her, yet she still treated them as if they had. Regardless, she was reluctant to take anything out with her other than the pistol she'd held. She could throw a punch, perhaps even a kick, though ultimately, there were not a lot of cards in her sleeve. She couldn't use even the simplest of daggers and refused to learn how. Being so close and personal and stabbing someone to death... The mere thought sickened her.

After ten or so minutes, she plopped herself down upon a dusty, rather cold rock with a few dead branches about it as she slumped over to release a drawn-out sigh. She tried to entertain herself by throwing the pistol up into the air and catching it a few times, though it far from sated her impatience. Moments later, she'd heard a rustle in leafless bushes some ways away, though she paid no mind, dusting it off as a rabbit or some other small creature and resumed her little game. Her eyes had been closed in an attempt to make catching the gun more difficult, further lowering her guard, leaving her vurnerable once she'd felt the unwelcome embrace of an unusual, filthy hand upon her mouth as she was forcibly pulled back. Her hand holding her pistol had been grabbed as she kicked and squirmed within her captor's hold. She could not sound words for the hand shielded her mouth, leaving her attempted to pleas to be muffled. However, they'd still been quite close to the shack, giving Mayfire the chance to bang upon the wall of it a few times with her free hand, hoping Bayman would hear the thuds.

Bayman chuckled at her, "Not like anyone would care about you looked out here. its a dump so I doubt anyone would come out here to hit on you. if they did, I'd give them a little hint." He smiled walking over to the fire pit on the side of the shack. He started the fire with the pile of wood sitting next to the shack near the fire pit. Before the White flash, Bayman had been a bit of a cook. He worked at a kitchen as a chef and had prepared meals that people ask him to make them. Though, now with that gone, he can go only so far with his creations. Though he assumes Mayfire likes his food, he also thinks shes faking it. As he's preparing the food, The smell reminds him of the times in the kitchen, before he was fending for his life in a hell hole and protecting the life of another that he didn't think he'd care so much about.

As he's waiting for the food to finish, he notices something is wrong. "Where'd that rascal go?" he thinks. Just then, he hears banging from the shack. He jumps up and runs around the side of the shack where the banging is coming from. He notices the bushes rattling and he runs over to investigate. He sees a man strangling Mayfire, and rushes in to free her from his grasp. He takes the man's hands and forces them off of her. Then, with her free from his graps, he puts up his guard, a mixed style of multiple Martial Arts that he had picked up before the White Flash. He gives the man 5 heavy jabs with his back fist, stepping forward with each swing. Then, he grabs the man and throws him to the ground with a over the shoulder throw. Then, even before he hits the ground, he pulls out his knife and stabs the man in the throat, instantly killing him. He runs over to Mayfire, who is sitting on the ground. "Well so much for nobody coming out here. Are you alright?" He says, Hugging her.

Mayfire had coughed into her finger-less leather gloved hand once she'd been freed from the man's hold upon her neck. She could not help but hack a bit for breath as hers had been cut loose for much longer than she'd been used to, obviously. She'd simply sat upon her knees, spending all her times trying to once more resume her steady breathing pattern as she'd watched Bayman relentlessly attack the intruder. Almost in awe and unspeakably thankful relief until she'd seen the knife finish off the man in his throat. She near flinched as he'd fallen to the ground. Her eyes fixated upon the wound in a mezmariezed way. Taken aback at the sight of the blood seeping out from the breached cascade of flesh. She grew pale. An almost sick hue of white. She'd been surprised once Bayman hugged her, trembling a bit as she'd still been in her unsettled state of mind, though she, reluctantly at first, wrapped her arms around to return the hug with a sigh as she gradually calmed. "Y-yea, I'm alright. Thank you. I guess I... should have been more careful about that, huh?" She spoke in a wisp-like tone. "Just... did you have to use the dagger, Bayman? Surely shooting him would have been just as effective." She murmured as she pulled from the hug, looking to him.

Bayman looked into her eyes. They were filled with fear and uncertainty. "Well, yea. I didn't need to waste bullets on that scum. Plus, if I ran in the house to get a gun, by the time I would come out, you'd either be dead, or kidnaped." He held her close again. "But I am sorry. You didn't have to see that. I promise I wont let you see anything like that again." He moved away, to head over to the wolf to finish it. Not before giving her head another ruffling.

Looking at the Wolf, it actually turned out nice, all things considered. Some of the side were kind of singed, but overall, one of the better meals he had made for them. He called Mayfire over, waving at her while walking into the shack. He put the wolf on the table and sat down he sighed loudly, stretching his arms out, and yawning. He took off his coat, a black and burgundy coat with a star on the back. He always kept the collar upright, for that's a style that he prefers. Underneath the jacket was a plain white T-Shirt, out lined by his average, but defined muscles. Ones of which, he hadn't been trying to work on, but instead were gained by the amount of times he'd have to run everywhere. He took of his equally as black finger-less gloves that bear a striking resemblance to Mayfire's, on the table and started to get ready to eat. He looked up at Mayfire. "Well, excluding what just happened, how was your day?" He said taking a bite of the wolf in front of him

Mayfire gave a faint smile, scratching the back of her jet black hair as she gave a small, almost nervous chuckle to try and shake off her dreary state; or at the very least, her expression. She hugged Bayman lightly in return as she gave a small shake of her head. "No, no, you're right. You were just doing what was best. I shouldn't be so sensitive just... knives." She poked her tongue out in a semi-disgusted but also playful manner in an attempt to recycle the serious mood with a more up-beat one as she'd often done. Her hand swatted Bayman's from her head as her hair was once again "ruined" with the motion, though she gave no more reply then a pout.

The rather young woman sprung over as she was called to the meal, acting almost as if nothing had happened. She'd bothered not to remove her dress coat, gloves, or even boots as she'd twirled in excitement into the shack they'd called home. No; she was set on the prepared wolf like a bee to honey. Possessing the mutual craving and ambition for the meal. She lept into one of the dirt covered, rugged dining chairs, standing on it before crouching down; her knees near her chest as she'd refused to sit in it properly so she'd be in an ample snatching position should Bayman look away or deny her of her long awaited meat. "Finally! Took you long enough!" She blurted out as she quickly moved to take a haunch from the prepared carcass, delving her teeth far into the meat and biting her teeth down near the bone to take a mouth full. Her own saliva made the surface of the meat hanging from her mouth glisten as she relished in the flavor before quickly swallowing the chunk whole. "Mmm, no offence, but this is way better than the other times you made wolf! What'd you do different this time?" She said before taking yet another bite in an almost ravenous way before perking up at the question; hurrying to finish up what'd been in her mouth to give a reply. "Oh uh... usual stuff happened today, so okay I guess. Just cleaned my guns n' junk, threw a few rocks at some birds, just normal, really." She shrugged before taking another monstrous bite from the haunch. "What about yours?" She spoke, mouth still full of the meat.

Bayman took a piece of the wolf and bit down. She was right, this wolf is a lot better then the ones he made previously. The meat this time around was more juicy, more tender and easy to eat. It didn't taste samey, or was too grainy or too tough. This meat was perfect, his face lit up as if to give confirmation. He looked up at Mayfire, whose face is full of meat. "My day wasn't anything special, same ol' same ol' really." He smiled, taking another piece of the delectable meat. "But, must you eat so ravenously? It diminishes your attractiveness. Plus boys wont like you if you eat like that." He said in a joking tone, smiling.

Mayfire had been devouring the meat on the haunch while Bayman had replied, though her attention still held upon his words. The haunch was soon stripped of any and all meat; leaving it a husk to what the rest of the carcass would soon be no doubt. She carelessly picked at her teeth with one of her pointed, black nails; using it as a pick instinctively even though no meat had truly been caught within her teeth. "Psh, you can live without love, but you can't live without food. I'd choose it before any love struck fool in a heartbeat!" She snickered, reaching to shimmy and tear a rib from the wolf, proceeding to eat it in her usually fashion. "Besides, like you said, only people that'd ever come out here would be bandits or kidnappers. I don't see myself fancying anyone again for a real long time, if ever." She kept her smile, merely looking at the half-eaten rib within her hands in an almost melancholic way. "Never look back. That's the greatest lesson I could have learned the this whole mess could have taught me or anyone else." She almost instantly snapped from her thoughts as usual, finishing off the rib and leaving the bones crossed upon the plate as she stretched with a loud yawn, moving from her chair. "Yup! While I love your company, I like my independence. Kind of the 'can't tie me down' complex. Now, if I ever come across a particularly gorgeous bartender, that's a nice night I'll have but, only relationship I could ever want is right here." She sauntered over to Bayman, giving his nose a light poke. "You, my guns, and your cooking. All I need to sustain and all I need to be happy. Now, I think I may turn in a bit early. I want to look around a bit tomorrow, so I'm making us!" She danced over to her cluttered pile of clothes, digging through them a moment. "Now, we gotta' be awake before the sun or else we'll have trouble, so you may need to turn in yourself. But I have to get my pajamas on so, if you would." She motioned Bayman to look away with a small cant of her head.

Bayman had finished his meal. He didn't eat much, but it didn't matter because Mayfire usually finishes all their meals anyway. So he sat and listened to Mayfire speak about what was close to her. He didn't mean that to be taken seriously, but now that she was talking, he felt that she had her heart in the right place. He moved his head back a little as she poked him, smiling all the while. He turned away for her to get into her pajamas. He soon got up to do the same, which were really just his t-shirt with sweats. He walked back over to the now dressed Mayfire, "What did you wanna go out to explore? Because depending on where we go, we need to arm and dress accordingly. I'm all for exploring with you, in fact in excited for it. Just want you to be safe, you tend to be.... scatterbrained." He said while yawning.

Mayfire had sloppily cast off her dress coat and slipped out of her leather pants; leaving her with only her black top that'd been only a layer of padding short of a bra. She'd left that garment on however, grabbing some of her soft pajama bottoms. They'd been gray in color with a few stains here and there, though overall wearable and soft. She kicked off her boots just as she'd heard Barman's remark, giving a quick snarl in reply. "'Scatterbrained'!? Psh, you got a lot of mouth, Bay..." She gave a bullish huff from her nostrils as she'd been clumping and kneading her pile of clothes. Part of her was dead serious at the time, though the other knew somewhere that Bayman was right. Maybe. "I dunno, really. Just... somewhere. I mean, I know the Earth is probably all the same at this point, but we could at least have a look around. Maybe turn the bandits game back on them and swipe some supplies or something. Or capture a wolf and use it as a guard dog, maybe even a pet." She shrugged, plopping down upon her pile of clothes, stomach first. Her face turned just enough for a single eye to be able to look to Bayman as the majority of it had been within the clothes. "You never seem to really want to do anything adventurous. Don't you get bored ever?"

Bayman gave her a quizzical look. "You don't think I'm adventurous? I'm plenty adventurous. You never come out on my Walks. Theres plenty to see and do actually, just its a lot more dangerous." He sighed. "I do get bored, a lot actually. These bandits don't pose a legitimate challenge, and the wild life here arnt very enticing either," He said in a depressed tone, He wanted her to come out with him, so she can see the world for what it's like. He decided to show her the new gun he found, He took the revolver from out of his bag and showed it to her, "The bandits may suck really bad, but at least they have some interesting weapons. I found this while I was assaulting their base. It has engravements, they look really beautiful. They are very detailed. Unlike any of the guns I've seen the bandits use..." He held it closer to her, "Wanna see some tricks?" He said in a quiet but warm tone.

Mayfire propped herself up, sitting cross-legged upon the pile of clothes as she looked brightly up to Bayman. Her gaze almost that of an intrigued child. Spirit, nonetheless. She rocked a bit back and forth as her hands had been holding onto the palm of her feet and toes alike. She'd been entertained simply by hearing Bayman speak as if the tricks had already begun. She canted her head a bit to the side as she'd been shown the gun. her eyes following the patterns in awe. "It is quite beautiful... I wonder what they'd do with such a thing." She spoke quietly almost as if to herself. She'd been utterly captivated by the gun as if a jewel, though she'd supposedly shaken her haze at Bayman's question. "Tricks? What sort of tricks?" She spoke to him, looking back up to meet his gaze.

Bayman took a step back and made sure there were no rounds in the gun. He closed the chamber shut with the flick of his wrist, and sheathed the Revolver. The Long blocky metallic barrel glistened as it was sheathed. Then suddenly, He un sheathed it as fast as he could, with it in motion from the holster, he spun it, moving faster with each turn. Then mid spin, he threw it up in the air, catching it with his other hand, spinning it on his other ring finger. He then started spinning it sideways then back to its original position. He spun it back to into the holster. He then struck a pose with his two hands pointing with two fingers pointing. He looked back at her, "Did you like that?" He chuckled. "I cant wait to explore with you tomorrow, its gonna be fun!" He smiled at her warmly.

Mayfire's smile brightened into a toothy grin as the trick finished with a pose. She chuckled lightly under her breath as she move to give a playful clap at the performance. "Impressive. And here I thought you'd mess up something fierce and blow your head clean off. Good job!" She spoke in a facetiously patronizing manner. She stretched her arms back over her head as she slowly let herself fall back. "Glad to see you're embracing the fun in you for once. I don't think I'll even be able to get away with sleep tonight. Its been soooo long since I myself have had any real fun. I just hope I find a souvenir or two around the wastes." She gasped, springing back up to her initial sitting position as she near bounced in place in excitement. "What if we find some nice refugees or even a town with people still in it? Maybe even land that isn't all dust and and dead plants? The more I think about it, the more I want to go! If you weren't such a softie who needed your sleep, I'd drag you out right now you know."

Bayman laughed. "Well, I do need my beauty sleep..." he posed in front of Mayfire before kneeling down in front of her. "But you need your sleep too. I need you at your brightest tomarrow. Don't want you sleeping if we have to take care of anyone, ok? Now get some sleep. Love ya." He gave her hair a rubbing again before heading into his room to sleep. His room wasn't anything special, just a mattress and some covers. But he loved it, he found them very comfortable; more than anything on earth even. He got into bed with his pajamas, which where just some sweats and his t-shirt, and drifted off.

The next morning he woke up, well rested and ready to start the day. He stretched his arms high, and gave a big yawn. He walked out his room, looking around. It was early dawn, one of his favorite parts of the day. He sat down and took in his surrounding for a good while.

Mayfire gave a playfully poked out her tongue to Bayman as he'd ruffled her hair, though all the same, she'd called, "Love ya' too!" as he'd left to his room. Her smile remained static upon her face, even after he'd left. Well, for a few moments anyway.

She simply remained rocking back and forth upon the pile of her laundry absentmindedly for some few minutes before realizing that was her cue for slumber as well. She looked over her shoulder to the door beside Bayman's, starring at it a long while. The small chamber was meant to be her living space, though the mess she made was out in the area she'd been in. She never quite felt at home in a neat environment or one empty. On top of that, she wanted to be close to Bayman's room should anything happen to her, so she'd often found herself sleeping on the pile of clothes she'd left out in the "living room", and be content with that. She grabbed two of her biggest t-shirts, cast them upward giving her just enough time to curl up, and let go as they'd fallen softly onto her form. She wriggled a big to make the clothes pile fit her form more than it already had to assure her the comfort of a bed. While it was still far from, she found herself asleep within a matter of minutes.

Mayfire was only slightly stirred by Bayman sitting down within the room. She'd not so much as stirred a moment before, seeing as she was fast asleep. Still, she shuffled even further into a ball so that her head had been lost under her shirts as she'd given a low mumble under her breath that'd hardly breached her lips, seeing as they and her eyes alike were still practically sewn together.

Back
Top Bottom