Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Announcement - RP & Request Thread Restoration (Remember that hacker...?)

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
Not too long ago, an announcement was made regarding how Crane's account had been hacked. Due to that incident, several threads had been deleted and thus needed to be restored. Presently, all forums have been restored with the exception of RP-related threads.

The hacker had gone through and deleted most of the OOC forum threads, but had also gone through and deleted a handful of RPs and request threads from the various RP-related sections. HOWEVER, this hacker left the current threads untouched. Instead, they went after older threads--most dating from around 2009 - 2011ish.

Given this, we are asking that members step forward and request whether or not they want their older threads restored or not. Due to how old they are, you might or might not care if they are restored--this is perfectly fine. And some of you might want them to stay deleted because you and your writing partner had requested it in the past--something we have no way of determining/remembering.

So, if members wanting their older RPs and/or request threads (note: my own ACTIVE request thread was deleted...it had been on page 40-something of the Female Request section upon deletion and was created in June of 2010...to give you an example of where this hacker struck) restored could you please PM an admin--this is anyone with a RED name. If you're unsure if you've lost any RPs or requests, the easiest way to check is if you have a subscribed list in your User CP. If you do not subscribe to your threads, you might have to dig a bit. Also, fair warning...when a thread is restored, it will restore EVERYTHING. So, it's possible you might have to tweak it a bit (ie, have posts deleted that might have been present at one time since a restore will literally restore EVERY post that had existed in a single thread at one time or another) once it's returned back to the forums.

Thanks! And if there are any further questions, don't hesitated to ask!

I can fire an all-or-nothing button. If I restore all your threads... it's going to restore all your threads. And any previously deleted posts inside of them. You may want to get in touch with myself or DA to know when it'll happen so you can take action as needed.

I definitely prefer to keep my older rp threads. I like reading back on occassion to relive old stories or track my progress..as it were.

Again, we have two buttons

"Restore this one/few threads I know the title of" and

"Restore all of my deleted threads"

If you want me to do the latter please be clear about it, and be ready to ask for thread deletions as needed.

Back
Top Bottom