Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Closed - Please delete

Do you think it is a good idea to turn rp partners to Rl ones?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • I do not mind either way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeFlames

Planetoid
Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this topic. I wanted to have a nice and decent conversation about the topic listed. The subject that we are talking is turning your role play partner into your real life partner. How do you feel about the subject? How do you feel about the idea of turning your rp partner into a potential real life mate? Do you think it's wrong for people to do this? Or do you think it's a good idea for people to come together in a relationship? How do you feel? Thoughts and comments are welcome.

RE: Turning Rp partners into RL ones? - Discussion

I can say with some degree of confidence that I've probably done this exact thing on this very site more then anyone else here.

IT'S A TERRIBLE IDEA. You have an EXTREMELY limited slice of the other's personality, and it's invariably the sexy part you're seeing. That always looks good.

Here's a better idea! Turn your RP partners into your RL friends! Meet them, interact with them, and don't be target locked on getting some. Maybe in a few years, when you have moved out of the limited sphere of internet interactions and have associated with them at length, it'll still sound like a good idea.

But probably not.

True, on so many levels. Personally, I just got here. So I am just meeting people and just talking. Nothing fancy or planned. Just trying to make friends. I ask this because it concerns me what other people think on it, and what methods they chose if any.

Are we talking romantic long term relationship or just a buddy to rub genitals with?

Joking aside, I suppose it would all depend on how good your OOC interactions and conversations are. I would agree with a lot of what Trygon said. There is potential for getting quite a skewed perspective of someone through their writings. It shows you quite a bit about their imagination and fantasies. But it doesn't really tell you a lot about who they are as a real person.

Another thing to note is that I have noticed that a lot of my partners that come from Bluemoon prefer to have a sort of professional distance and focus strictly on the writing and roles rather than making connections with people. But that is only my personal experience. Maybe other people have had a different experience.

OrangeFlames said:
True, on so many levels. Personally, I just got here. So I am just meeting people and just talking. Nothing fancy or planned. Just trying to make friends. I ask this because it concerns me what other people think on it, and what methods they chose if any.

You know, you say nothing planned, but then you made this thread, and your tag is 'Looking for my Queen'...

I feel compelled to let you know that people doing this sort of thing has been bannable at worst or will get you frozen out of the community at best. Commonly with the phrase 'Blue Moon is not a meat market'. I've probably only avoided pariah status because my name was red at the time.

We're here to write, or chat. If you have designs on anything past that, it WILL end poorly for you. Try not having designs, and just letting things happen organically. Offline, too.

Took me a moment to figure what to say to this in a nice way. So, I'll leave it at this. You both have wonderful advice. And I will take heed to the wsrning, even though that was not my attempt. I asked this to understand what people think about this subject. That was it. The topic can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom