Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Serving you of all people (me and Josu_T)

As usual, James followed along with his daily schedule. He got changed into his spandex shorts and looked at what his coach had listed for him. He followed it exactly. The first part took him thirty minutes. He then took his break and made a recovery smoothie. Once again on the bike, he read what his training schedule would look like for the week. He was a little surprised when he saw he had a day off. The entire day he didn't have any training. A foot note told him it was to keep him at the level he was already at with his fitness. He was to go for a run that day, but that was it.

He put everything aside, grabbed his water, and went to the rowing machine for his main bit of training. An hour later he was finishing up when he heard Elise knock and say good morning. He smiled and finished his set, letting her know she could enter. He walked over to the table and sat down in front of the berakfast. He smiled at Elise. "Thanks for bringing me my breakfast. How are you doing this morning?"

Elise looked at him and said "I'm alright" she said smiling. She looked at him and said "Yesterday the head maid insisted that we go shopping, she pretty much got me a whole new wardrobe...You wouldn't have anything to do with that? ..would you?" she asked rather slyly.

James smiled as he started to eat. He was glad she was doing well. She caught him off guard by bringing up the topic of her new wardrobe, then asking if he had anything to do with it. He paused for a moment before continuing to eat. After a few bites he looked up from his plate and tried to avoid the topic. "Wow, that's great. So....um, how are your studies going? Are you finding enough time and a suitable environment to do work?" He avoided looking at her face and continued to eat, hoping she didn't try to ask him about the clothes again. He didn't have a very good excuse why, but he didn't feel like admiting he had bought all her clothes.

Elise seemed to raise an eyebrow when he avoided her question. That pretty much said "hey it was me" but she didn't know why he couldn't just tell her that.

In response to his question she nodded and said "oh there going okay, I've found time to do my work, since you pretty much let me do what I like anyway" she said.

James was glad that his new maid's studies were going well and that she was enjoying the time she had. He didn't need much, so he knew she would have plenty of free time. He finished his breakfast and quickly drank his juice. When he finished he smiled once more at Elise. "Thank you again for brining my breakfast. You have the list of chores and my schedule, do your chores whenever you want. I don't think I have anything else for you to do at the moment. I hope you continue to enjoy the ammount of free time you have. I don't intend to make things much busier for you. Feel free to take my dishes now, or if you have anything you would like to talk about, I have some free time at the moment."

Elise looked at him and she smiled a little. Though she was glad he wasn't acting the way he was towards her that night, she was still a little confused. She looked at him and said "Maybe talking will be a good idea...I have something I want to ask you" she said softly.

James got up from the table as Elise said she had something she wanted to ask him. He wasn't sure what she had on her mind and didn't know what to expect. Still, as he sat in a more comfortable seat and gestured toward another chair as an offer for her to sit if she wanted, he nodded. "What is it that you would like to know? Ask any question you want."

Elise looked at him and sat down across from him and said "I think you may have worked out that we have met before...and I'm just a little confused..." she said looking at him. She looked at him and said "Are you really that chauvinist pig of a man from that night?" she asked him.

James looked at Elise as she spoke and immediately regretted letting her ask a question. The start was bad. She did remember that night they had met. His eyes now avoided looking at her. Her confusion he hoped would stay confusion, but she asked it. She asked him if he really was the jerk who had been at that party.

He avoided her gaze as he thought of what to say. When his lips started moving and sound started coming out, he still wasn't sure what he could possibly say to her to explain that night. "Um....well, I would like to think that I am not that bad, but if I acted like that, then part of me must be. You see...I....uh....I'd had a lot to drink and I was upset about my brother, but that still didn't give me any right to act that way toward you. I don't think of myself as a guy who would act that way, but I'm pretty sure I still do. I don't know why. I guess that is why I don't do very well with women when I try talking to them......" She had caught him off guard and now he was flustered, saying things he didn't normally say to anyone, especially his maid. He fought his mind desperately to get out of the situation he was trapped in, but only came out with a horrible excuse. "Um.....my schedule says I need to go for a run now. You can take my dishes to the kitchen, I need to get changed." He got up and went to his closet to at least look like he was getting some clothes. He moved quickly and nervously, hoping she would leave so he could get his thoughts under control.

Elise looked at him as he tried to explain. He got all flustered and behan to ramble a little. It seemed the second she had asked the question he had lost the self confidence he seemed to be oozing in. It seemed he really didn't want to answer the question properly and made up some bullshit excuse. She seemed to furrow her eyes brows at his.

"Fine" she said a little coldly getting up and taking his dishes and walking out his door. If he didn't want to at least talk about it then she had nothing more to say to him. Maybe he really was just a jerk caught up in himself. She didn't return his room for a few hours, opting to do work instead. She could make his bed later while he was gone.

James got his mind focused again once Elise left. She didn't seem happy, but he didn't care at the moment. He got back into his daily routine and out of the house. He went and got lunch with a friend and then went to his practice at the lake. His coach commented that he seemed a little distracted, he promised it wouldn't happen again. It was late in the afternoon, close to dinner time, when he finally returned home. He went right to his room and hoped Elise was elsewhere, not doing chores.

While he had gone, Elise had done the chores and was back in her own room. Right now she was on her computer, just chatting with a few of her friends while she waited for dinner time to come around. Once it did she logged off and walked to the kitchen to eat. Once she had finished off the great meal the chef had cooked up it was time to take his meal to him.

Elise walked with the tray in her hands. She knocked on the door before she walked in and set the tray down on his table and turned to leave.

When Elise entered with his food, he sat at the table. She still seemed annoyed and upset. She turned to walk away immediately and he called after her. "You know, I am sorry for that night. I know I can be a jerk sometimes, but I also know it is something I need to work on, and I'm trying. It is just that my friends are all like that and it is hard not to be like them. Anyway, I'm sorry and I hope you can forgive me. Ok, you can go now." He looked down at the table and started to eat.

Elise paused when he spoke to her. She didn't turn around. She seemed to look down a little and continued to walk out of his room once he had stopped and told her she could go. She walked back to her room and just lay down on the bed and looked up at the roof and sighed to herself. She didn't know why he just had not been able to talk to her about it before and said he was sorry. She sighed and closed her eyes and decided to head off to bed.

He heard the door open and close and knew that Elise had left. He sighed and continued to eat. He didn't know why he cared. He could be the biggest jerk on the planet to her if he wanted. He was her boss. Her opinion did not matter. He finished his food, pushed the plates aside, and went right to bed. He tossed and turned for a while before finally starting a sleep in which he had strange dreams. He woke the next morning on time. He started his daily routine, thoughts still mixed. He was missing his focus that he normally happened.

Elise awoke the next morning, and followed her usual routine of eating, and then being given his food. She knocked on his door and entered and put the tray down and picked up his left over plates from last night and began to walk out of the room with out a word.

James went through his morning workout without putting the extra effort into it that he usually did. He had a lot on his mind. Mostly, Elise had made him feel bad about himself and his attitude. He wanted to be able to be better around women and he felt that it stemmed from something deep inside him.

He finished his work out early and sat at the table, waiting. When Elise arrived, she simply put down his food and left. He didn't try to stop her this time. It was obvious that any chance of her getting along with him was fading fast. He sighed and started to eat.

Elise left him to his food returning his dishes to the kitchen. If he refused to talk and make lame ass excuses to get out of it then she didn't want to talk to him either. It was just that simple. She closed her eyes and sighed as she walked. If he wanted to get along he would actually have to open his mouth and talk to her...properly this time.

As he ate, James thought. He considered what he'd said to her and came to the conclusion that if she was still mad at him, that was her problem and she would just have to deal with it. He can only be himself, and if she dislikes him because of that, then she can just dislike him. He didn't need to change for her, his maid. He'd appoligised and explained why he'd done what he'd done. He could do nothing more.

He finished eating and placed his plates aside. He then decided he needed to a big more work that morning and went for a quick run around the manor, not bothering to change out of his spandex shorts or put on a shirt. There wasn't any need anyway, he didn't care which of his family staff members saw him like that. He was just focused on his training. That was a good feeling, to be focused. All he had to do to focus was stop caring about what some girl thought of him. His personality would never change, but at least he'd make it to the Olympics.

Elise sighed to her self and put his plates back into the kitchen. They thanked her before she left. She sat in her room and waited for him to leave according to his schedule and walked back into his room and cleaned his bed and took his plates away again.

She sighed to her self and sighed to her self. She knew men like him. He was probably just telling himself that he could treat her how he wanted becouse she was his maid and nothing more. Well if he carried on like that, he would be that way for the rest of his life. She couldn't understand why it was so difficult for him to just talk about it.

James spent the rest of the day out of the house. He had himself convinced it wasn't because of Elise, but in his subconscious...maybe it was. He stopped in his room once only to get clothes and lunch. He then drove down to the lake and spent time there. When his coach arrived, he had a long talk about technique. He watched videos of previous Olympic Gold Medalists. He ate lunch there and then practiced.

After his practice he went out with friends again. They were out early, but still found some good spots. They had dinner first, not too healthy, but still good. They then went out to a bar, then another, moving around to find hot spots. Gradually guys split off as they found a girl that they would try spending the night with. James was left with just one of his friends as they entered another bar.

He hung out there for a while and had his second drink of the night. He then went to talk to a girl standing at the bar. He didn't remember what he'd said to her, but after a minute she slapped him. He followed after her as she tried to walk away, asking her what he'd done. Then she threw a punch. James knew he'd have a black eye in the morning. He drove himself home and went right to bed, feeling horrible, glad that the next day was his day off. In the morning he slept in until Elise brought his breakfast.

Elise spent most of the day concerntrating on her work. He had been out of the house for most of the day so she didn't have much to do at all. when it came time to take him his dinner she brought his food and took back his used plates as she had nothing else to do really.

That morning she brought his breakfast to him. She knocked on his door before she entered and she noticed he was still in bed. She was a little surprised that he was still in bed considering he always seemed to be working out or something. She had looked at his face and noted the black eye. She could only guess to how he got that. He must have gotten into a fight or something. She put his food down and turned to leave.

James looked at the door as he heard it opening. He watched Elise enter, place his food on the table, and turn to leave. As she did, he got up out of bed. He had slept in his clothes from the night before. He called after her to get her to stop, then walked over to her.

He looked at her for a moment before saying anything. He just hoped she would listen and not just walk out on him. "Elise, I don't know what I've done wrong, but I know it must be something. I also know it has something to do with what I said to you when you asked about that night. Anyway, I would like to apoligise again for that. I don't know what I was thinking. That night was not one of my proudest moments. I never thought of myself as being that guy, but apparently I am, at least some of the time. This black eye proves it. At least you only dumped wine on me. That girl last night was brutal. Well, what I'm trying to say is that I'd like to make it up to you somehow and would like to know how to do that."

Elise turned to look at him when he asked her stop. She listened to him speak and by the end of his little speech she seemed to smile and said "Now was that so hard? All I wanted was for you to be open with me. It upset me that you tried to avoid the issue with lame ass excuses". She looked at him and said "I accept your apologie...if you don't want to be that sort of man you have to make an effot to change who you are" she told him.

She looked at him and said "you seem to be an okay guy...in the day time anyway...so just be yourself" she said smiling

James noticed the change in Elise's attitude as he spoke. That was good. Her response was not as good though. She'd told him his explaination of that night had been excuses. He frowned. He was glad she had accepted his apology, but he had not made excuses. He knew he needed to change though. Her suggestion was interesting, but difficult to do around his friends.

He nodded slightly. "You are right, I do need to do something to change. The problem is my friends. Oh, and by the way, I didn't make excuses. I was very drunk that night and very depressed and worried about my brother. He really is sick and had been in the hospital at that time. However, I didn't have a right to act the way I did and I know that. Anyway, I need something to make my eye sting a little less. Do you think you could find something somwhere for me?"

Back
Top Bottom