Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Residtance is for the Foolish (MxF Tasinga & Zprimal)

The city was bright and glowed with the neon lights, people walked like they had nothing to fear in the world. Officers walked around as street re-enforcers in case something started like a simple fight between drunks and so forth. The city was beautiful the year 2450 technology ran the world and kept people alive longer and healthier. Yes, it appeared to be a time of peace and prosperity for all. Little did this city know the darkness that ran through it and those who fought it.

Calista Entrio was one such warrior to protect those who were voiceless. Formerly a pure human nothing robotic about her. That was until three years before when she was stolen from her home and world. It was framed as a accident, but in truth she had been transformed into something new. A weapon meant for the government. Able to get away she used the armor originally meant to keep her a tool to kill those who hurt her. Now she used it to kill and protect those who needed the help.

Tonight was quiet as she and the five other residence members walked through the streets. With her Lucian one of their gun man and Natalie a technical analyst skilled in hacking and the like. They were on their way to catch up with the other resistance members. Looking down each street as she moved with a diligence and grace. Natalie said to her." Are you alright Calista?" The woman nodded her and to the girl. "Yep, we just need to be careful?" Then they stopped as they heard foot steps.

Drawing her sword Calista waited for whoever they heard to show themselves for a chance to strike if she had to. Taking a stance like a fencer might she kept a dagger hidden behind her back and sword forward.

The unmanned drone swooped low over the pedestrians, a holographic form covering it's surface, it's blades whirling noiselessly as it scanned the crowd. "The implementation of the PASS system will be complete by the end of the month, please ensure you have visited the local clinic for your PASS scans and obtain a certification. Those who fail to do so will be subject to rehabilitation or imprisonment. Thank you."

Tristan Grant stood 1.79m, fit from constant jogging and exercise. Short cropped, black hair. He had a spinal modem implant, along with other tools which assisted him in netrunning, optics implants which negated the use of a electronic screen monitor. The streets were mostly empty at this time in this part of town. Their driver was meeting them up ahead, and he was accompanied by Marcus, an ex-military contractor who had decided to join in the cause to change the course of things. Their driver, Indrani was to pick them up along this street after their night of intel gathering and round them up to the safehouse for a debriefing.

He continued walking, keeping an eye on possible thieves or other criminals who may try to harm them. The van was just up ahead, he turned to look behind them as he passed an alleyway.

Calista glared under her visor at the drone half tempted to just cut the thing out of the sky, but knew better than to blow their position. Turning to face the others she made sure they could keep up as she walked along more. Looking up and down the ally she nodded to them that it was clear. Lucian held the back while Natalie stayed safe between them. Seeing the van ahead Calista let them go ahead taking the back before walking towards it. She scanned for any tricks or traps and sure enough it was clean. Better safe than sorry She reminded herself.

She paused though hearing foot steps and turned sword read leaping over than van to make sure no one was there. Scanning she saw Tristan and waited. He was not new to the cause, but he gave her a funny feeling like he was watching them all too closely. She was one of few who did not trust him and probably never would." Everything go calmly?" She asked her voice slightly stressed. Normally she hid her emotions well, but it had been two days since she had slept and she was wearing thin.

"If anything went wrong, my body would have become a shell and my brain completely fried; You would definitely know. You know how the anti-viruses work nowadays. They can send a signal back and cook your brains if you're connected to the net." He walked over to the van, noting her stressed out state, "You know, you're acting awfully tense for a simple intel mission, it's not like a firefight occurred around here." He walked up to the van and knocked twice, then three more times after a short pause. Athena started the engine up, and unlocked the back before sitting upright with a yawn.

He opened the back door and clambered in, placing his back to the side and took a seat on one of the two benches which lined the sides of the small interior. "Anyway, I think we've found out more about the PASS system that they are intending to implement. I hope you've found information as well, otherwise this little stakeout of ours wouldn't have been a very good use of time."

Calista glared at him under her visor once more her sword part way raised in a show to tell him to just shut up. Natalie saw her friend's tense stage of mind and sighed. She then spoke her voice high pitched fir a moment from a case of nerves. She was only fifteen, small in build with short cut black hair and overall was shy in attitude." We did get information. It's all on my transfer unit. We know our jobs Tristan." Calista relaxed after a moment then moved to the back of the van crossing her legs at the knee sword in her lap.

Lucian smirked to himself at the sight. Calista was one of few he trusted in combat to be behind him. He had been a fighter for their cause fir over ten years. His eyes were the only non organic part on his body glowing red when he aimed any fire arm so he could focus on the target. His skin tanned a light brown, tall and sleek his attitude was the quiet string protecter type. He then said to Tristan." Don't mind her temper she has not slept in two days it's been mission after mission."

Calista snapped." Not my fault half the base snores." Lucian knew why she truly did not sleep though. It was the armor. When it was removed she felt naked and even had pain at times. She needed it to feel whole and comfortable.

"I don't particularly care. We'll be able to get our rest once we're back at the safehouse." Tristan waved a hand, used to Calista's attitude already, he knew better than to try to further agitate her when in this state. He ignored the later comment about the base snoring, which he thought was strange. The door closed once everyone was in and Athena started off, moving through the streets with relative ease, seeing that this parts were known for higher criminal activity, not many were willing to come out at night and street races were also a thing since the streets were mostly empty.

Their ride lasted a few minutes, uneventful save for the one time they needed to avoid a street race blockade. They came to a stop near a row of deserted warehouses near the waterway. The safehouse. He watched as the van backed up into an alcove and a fake wall panel closed after it. The engine turned off and Indrani unlocked the doors and climbed out. "Mirror the drives then we can get to work the next day."

Calista looked even more agitated as she left the car then stopped when Lucian spoke." Calista when we're you hit?" Several moments past before the girl just started walking off once more her left hand over a wound on the same side but on her ribs. Lucian cursed somewhat as Natalie looked worried." Why didn't she tell us I mean we were only shot at for a little bit." Lucian sighed and said." Probably did not want us to loose focus k the mission."

Back inside the safety of their stronghold Calista let her armor come off wearing only a white unitard under it. The white though was stained by a violent red color. Looking at the wound she sighed knowing she would need it checked. Medical treatments of any kind though put her on edge and in a state of fight or flight. Sitting down at her desk she started to fill out information on the mission.

Their hideout was rather spacious, after modifying the basement of a warehouse. The first room they arrived in was a combination of a workshop and sitting room.

"Wait, a firefight? Then if you're injured, how bad is it?" Tristan gestured for Calista to sit on the bench, "We need to clean and treat it immediately then. Can't risk an infection." He went over to one of the walls and took down a first aid kit. He moved over to her, putting on a pair of disposable rubber gloves, and retrieved a bio-foam spray.

"She'll live," Marcus said after a cursory glance. "She got lucky." He placed his gun case to the side and walked off to the living quarters, presumably to rest.

"You're going to need to show me the wound first otherwise it will be hard for me to work." Tristan said, gesturing that she should hurry up.

Calista glared at Tristan when he moved towards her, but got herself to relaxed. Lucian grabbed Natalie carefully and had her fallow him." Come on." She nodded running after him. Taking a few deep breath Calista finally took the unitard off only in a bra and panties. She hated people looking at her body and it was understandable.

Faint black lines criss crossed over her body like a network or computer brain. They were for the suit to read her nerves and effect her body so she moved faster." I've been hit worse okay. It was not a fire fight more that Nat got seen by a few drones." She sat down her left side sticky with blood. The bullet had gone in her side at the lower ribs, luckily it was not deep but it was going to hurt.

The wound did not look serious but could become infected, as with all others. "The bullet or shrapnel didn't get lodged inside, so that is also a plus. You are very lucky." He said after a short examination of the wound. "The next part is going to hurt, we need to clean the wound and patch it up," He shook the spray in his hand and pointed it at the wound, "Just hold still and it shouldn't take too long." He depressed the button slightly, tiny foam particles entering the wound and cleaning it, and beginning to fill it up. He brought it closer, and decompressed the button all the way, the pink foam coming would like whipped cream from a can. He pressed a hand on her abdomen and held her still as he finished closing up her wound.

Once the wound was packed, a few seconds later though it would've seemed like minutes to the one in pain, he pulled back, "You did pretty good." He returned the spray back to its case and disposed of the gloves, "Try not to apply pressure on the wound while the foam is beginning to work, give it about half an hour at least." He stowed the box away and went back to work, staring the mirror of the drives and then perhaps some sleep. "Oh, and put something on before you get a cold."

Calista said nothing just nodded and walked over to her locker putting on pants and a shirt. Walking to her bunk she laid down to just try and sleep a little. Natalie and Lucian had finished downloading the information into the bigger hub they had at the base. Lucian though said to Tristan as he walked by. "Wouldn't hurt to treat her like a human you know. She is just as much one as us minus the marks left by those monster who held her against her will." He then walked off to the target range just to blow off steam.

Natalie got up from her spot walking to another computer. the young girl hummed as she worked and then stopped after a bit. "The information we got is on a transit unit coming in the next week or so. It will be caring supplies like food, electronics, and weapons, but it is going to be guarded by PROJECTS." PROJECTS her humans turned robotic with added skills. Calista probably would have been one if she had not gotten away. They had no emotional traits left.

"I am treating her like a human. If I was treating her like a beast, I would have brought restraints." He laughed, tapping the Enter key to begin the mirroring process. "Any doctor would tell you what to do, what not to do for the treatment." He got up and walked over to a mini-fridge to take out a can of liquid refreshment.

"One for me too!" Indrani said, waving a hand at Tristan. He tossed the unopened can over to her which she caught and he took another for himself. "PROJECTS? That sounds a bit risky and it doesn't really have anything to do with us from what you're saying. We are trying to deal with the Psycho Analysis Source System, or PASS, before its fully implemented." She took a drink and went back to watching the early morning programs on the television.

Natalie said to Tristan." That's the weird thing PASS and the PROJECTS are linked somehow. The PROJECTS use PASS to decided who is their target. Well the prototype PASS anyway. We can't get into PASS unless we hack the motherboard or a PROJECT." Lucian saud." So, just hack a PROJECT." Natalie laughed and said." Easier said that done. The PROJECTS are humans so their brain is organic. Also they have a weird anti hack thing where if they are they disconnect from all data bases." Lucian mumbled." Just wonderful."

Then suddenly the alarms started booming that something was inside the hide out. Lucian grabbed his guns and asked." Why didn't the alarms for the perimeter go off?" Natalie was typing fast and said." That's why." An image came up showing what had to be a PROJECT was in the hall then it vanished. Natalie said." Its stealth based. Why is it even here?" Lucian then asked." Where's Calista?"

Calista was in the room they used for sparring practicing her stances. She paused though thinking she heard something and then heard the alarms. Turning around she then was hit in the side and sent rolling. The PROJECT showed itself." Objective found. Return number 86 to headquarters for rehabilitation." It then went at her and she only dodged by a hairs worth she knew she was good as dead.

(OOC: No one really knows what PASS is yet.)

"An intruder?" He got up, snatching up a Militech Crusher which hung from its holster before him, a semi-automatic shotgun roughly the size of a smaller submachine gun. He slung it over his shoulder before moving to the door, picking up a fire extinguisher when he heard it was stealth-capable. "It probably can bend light, which is why the infra-red sensors on the perimeter did not pick it up." He shut the door behind him, "Get the rest ready, I expect more to arrive shortly." She would probably be in the bunks, their sleeping quarters, supposedly resting after he had told her to do so. He went that way first.

The doors were all manual, not electronic, so he kicked the one leading to her room open, shouting for her to get up despite being unable to see anything in the unlit room. No response, no sound, he flipped on the switch and moved on, seeing that it was empty. "CALISTA!" he shouted, his voice ringing through the hallway. Stupid bitch ignoring the doctor's orders and making him look for her.

Calista was not happy she dodged the PROJECT again. she moved quickly getting to her suit getting the suit on as the PROJECT kicked her in the chest her ribs on fire. She took out her sword blocking the next few attacks. Using her speed to her advantage she ran off. running into Tristan she said to him. "Time to go I take it. Maybe.... Now." The Project came through the door and she glared at it." It is after me called me number 86."

"I'll lead it off." jumping off down another hall it watched her and gave chase. Calista knew she was no condition to fight and the inuries she had were killer. At this rate she had to run as far and as fast as she could.

"This is no time," He drew the Crusher and fired it twice, in quick succession, his arm soaking up what remained of the powerful recoil, "to be messing around! Where the fuck are you going? Stick together!" He raised the mini-fire extinguisher and unleashed a spray of white chemical foam, which clung to the cyborg's form even as it turned invisible. He backed off, firing again, the narrow spread of the shotgun in medium distance shredding the cyborg's insides, tearing through what should be its ribcage sending shrapnel all over, "Gotta move Calista, now!"

He backed upfiring and keeping his distance as his shots slowed the cyborg down to a halt, the last shot blowing out it's legs out from under it, the shot ringing down the empty halls. He backed up to where the others were, unsure what happened to Calista, "Let's go." He released the empty clip, slamming a fresh magazine in it's place.

"What about Calista?" Indrani said, tense. She wielded a customized submachine gun and seemed pretty twitchy about it.

"She ain't a child anymore, we should trust her to make good decisions," he didn't. "But I don't think we should put the cell at risk just because she is slow, let's move!"

Just as the car was about to take up they would hear a thud on the roof as Calista landed on it. She braced herself as it took off and then with the help of Lucian got inside. "There are two more going into the base, but I don't think they saw us." She put her sword away and sat down. Lucian asked her." Are you hurt?" Calista shook her head after a minute and said. "It landed a good blow to my side, but nothing broke."

Natalie asked. "Why were they even here? PROJECTS don't go after resistance they are for high ranked missions." Calista paused then said." They were after me... I am supposed to be one of them by now. They must have seen me and fallowed the van." Natalie blinked a lot and Lucian even seemed puzzled.

Calista's words only raised more questions, "Become one of them? Seen you, when?" Tristan asked, irritation creeping into his voice, there better be a damn good reason for this. Getting your hideout revealed and having to go through a gunfight during a low risk-intel op was definitely already strange to begin, he was looking for a damn good reason for this. Another thing was that their base was now revealed, leaving them nowhere to go, and easier to pick off.

"This is fucking bullshit!" Marcus said from the front, "We took a round-about route, we did everything and somehow we get some stealthed cyborg waltzing into our hideout which we have been keeping for years? Fucking shit."

Lucian could sense the tension in the group and knew one of two things were going to haplen. Either a fight was going to start or someone was going to be the peace keeper. He was deep in thought until Calista got up and get visor dropped down again." Where you going? You're too injuries to be doing anything." He asked. Calista said." Its my fault they found us and we all know they do not just drop a target."

Natalie was trying to make sense of what the older girl was saying when Calista jumped out the side door of the car. Quickly running off she would not rusk her friends fir her own safety. If she was caught she would become a PROJECT and if she was with them they would suffer room it was better she stayed away from the others. Though she had no clue how long she might stay away.

Back in the van Natalie was shaking then glared at the back of Marcus head." Burn in hell ass hole." She mumbled. Tristan and Marcus had never been her personal friends. Tristan just acted like everyone was stupid it seemed and Marcus was just rude. Calista often classes with them due to this. Natalie personally fid not care if they even knew how cruel they seemed she just wanted to slap both of them. Lucian had shut the door of the van. He knew chasing Calista was pointless, if she wanted to hide she would not be found.

"So. We didn't get any explanation, and our only possibly lead has decided to run away. Splendid." Tristan shrugged, indifferent, but inside he was seething with rage. Surely, he was surrounded by idiots. "This isn't fucking working." He muttered, why the hell was everyone acting on their own, is there no clear chain of command? "We need to get her back. She'd be an easy target, considering how easy those things managed to find us. They obviously have some sort of tracking tech which no one has ever heard of, we don't exactly have anywhere to go, so it is better to stick together for the time being. We need to find Calista," he stated simply. Mainly because she ran off on her own. Again.

"Do we have a way to contact her?" Indrani said, the vehicle slowing, "We will need to find her before they do."

Natalie glared at Tristan and snapped finally pissed off to her max." Stop acting like your the damn boss of everyone here. We are just as important as you so get off your high horse before you're knocked off if. That's why she probably left. She knows you don't give to rat's asses if she lives or dies." She returned to typing on her tablet and seemed to be trying to figure out where they could go to be safe. The outburst was not like her being she normally was calm and even shy like.

Lucian did not speak for some time before saying." We won't find her unless she wants to be found. That armor of her's deflects radar and such. Calista is a smart girl, rash at times yes, but she will do what she has to so she can live."

He ignored the outburst from the runt and responded to Lucian instead, "Any ideas on how the cyborgs found us then? If she can deflect radar and evade detection so easily, how would they have found our base? If you let her run off, we're leaving too much to chance. She could be cornered easily considering how she said they were tracking her despite her apparent ability to evade detection." Tristan cocked his head to the side, "I'm just putting the most effective course of plan, since we don't exactly have a place to go and driving in circles is going to just consume our fuel."

"Leave her be. From my, if someone just ran out in enemy territory, it would be better to preserve the rest than starting a manhunt which could possibly take the lives of the remaining members of the squad. Even more so if there was no way to contact or trace her easily. She's as good as dead, move on." Marcus shook his head, noting the futility of Tristan's plan, "Natalie, can you find a place for us to hole up for a bit?"

Natalie snapped at Marcus still typing." You all ever shut your holes I will. I'm working as fast as I can, but it's not easy because I have to go under radar effects. We don't know how those PROJECTS are tracking." She stayed working and rubbed her wrist after a minute. She stayed working then said." Got it. Loafing to the GPS."

Lucian responded to Tristan." She doesn't wear that armor all the time. When she is out of the armor they can find her as easy as you or me sometimes more so. The fact that she was turned part machine means she has a higher chance of being tracked. If she was all human then they could never find her."

"Radar is used by the military to detect aircraft, little girl." Marcus pointed out quickly.

"The closest thing to that would be echolocation. But using anti-sound material on Calista's armor just wouldn't work, since they aren't meant for combat use. So it has to be some sort of bio sensor. And if it is actually a bio sensor, chances are they would already be nearby." Tristan mused, "Which also ties in with the information I found on PASS."

Indrani followed the GPS, and found themselves moving into a more populated area, into a commercial district.

Natalie stayed typing then said." We got a tail." Lucian looked out seeing what had to be another PROJECT moving from car roof to car roof swiftly giving chase. Lucian grabbed one of his guns switching the charges to electric pulse." I wish we knew more about those things." Natalie blinked and then ask." You're not shooting out the van are you?" He shook his head." Only if I have to." There was the sound of traffic turning into a mess as tires squealed, horns blared and the sound if metal crunch was heard.

Lucian frowned and said." That can't be good." He grabbed the door handle ready to open it. Then Calista came from a side street jumping onto the light post looking at the incoming PROJECT. It saw her and gave chase when she moved off.

Back
Top Bottom