Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Anger Management (randomthingslover1 and boyo111)

Aria had never been so angry.All her unshed tears were chanelling into anger. She had enough of him.Just enough. She didn't do anything about it that didn't mean she was immune to daggers he threw at her through his words.She had been verbally and physically abused by her first boyfriend, and the way Vincent treated her, it just opened her healed wounds.

No matter how hard she tried, it always made her cry at night Perhaps for a person who hadn't dealt with what she had, it wouldn't effect as much as it would do to her.But for her, it was plain terrible. "I can't say it enough, but I didn'tsleep with Peter"She exclaimed, throwing the cup of coffee in the bin.She was too upset to savour it's expensive taste.Her face flushed red in embrassment as he opened his arms.A few girls at the background awed, probably only hearing her 'rip my heart' part.A guy like him doing it, it would make any woman aww."I dont know what you want from me Vincent, I really dont"She spoke, her voice starting to shake.She couldn't cry right now "I never understand you, no matter how hard I try.Last night, you told me it was easier to push people away than to open upto them.I dont understand if you are pushing me away or I really dont mean anything to you except a woman you want to keep fucking."She spoke, before she turned away from him, and rushing out.

She walked away as much as she could, practically running.When she was finally out of breath;, she stopped, her legs feeling too weak to walk.How many scars she would justify just because she was in love with the person holding the knife? The words haunted her like a ghost that refused to leave. Vincent couldn't be like Alex, no, he can't. But the sensation in her arm where hre gripped her fought against it.She wiped her tears, breathing hard.What was he doing to her?

She walked back, trying to spot Peter. The beach at this time was not crowded since it was still early summer, two weeks before the holiday season really hit in.She spotted Peter and rushed to him, giving him a small smile.Betty had already gone swimming, and Peter was waiting for Aria to come so that she might not get lost.Aria sat next to him, placing her towel to the side."Here, let me help you with that"She spoke, taking the sun lotion from him, and crawling behind him."I didn't know men still put these"She teased softly, her voice a low whisper.She toom k some lotion and started to gently rub it along his muscled shoulder and back, feeling his hard muscles travel smoothly against her soft skin.

For a moment it played out in his head. She was before him, then the cup his him in the chest. Coffee covered him. Hot coffee and sticky foam soaking into his clothes. Then his hand reaching out and slapping her with the force of all his hatred of how they turned on you. Twisting words, emotions, into something else. So similar to how it had all happened long ago. When he had to deal with her. That door opened and with it came all the trembling emotions and anger and fights that had occurred and drove him to the brink of madness. No, Vincent told himself, she was gone where none of this would happen, it was just a mirage. A vision that was not to be.

Instead he watched Aria walk away. Aria simply turned with a look of disgust that twisted his stomach in how he might be losing her, if he hadn't already, and as her eyes looked away the floor dropped out from him. He wanted to reach out, take her arm and pull her back. Back towards his arms and hold her, keep her close, away from anyone else. Everyone else. That was the only way. No cheating, no fightning, none of the insanity of love if its just the two of you and no one else. As she spoke, the words twisted in him and he felt betrayed, no one understood him. How hard it was, how much it hurt.

"What do I want from you?" He said softly to himself, "I want you." As he turned he saw some of the faces of others in the cafe and through the large glass windows of the lobby, looks of concern and sympathy. Ignoring it all he headed back up to his room, hands shaking in anger and frustration as he held onto the coffee as if it was the only thing to keep him from sinking.

---

Peter sat on the sand, enjoying the warmth of it on his skin as he rubbed a little lotion on his arms and neck. Though there was an umbrella from the hotel next to him he stayed in the sun. Enjoying the spots of sun that reflected off the water onto the stretch of sand. It was soft, finely ground, as if the grains had been pulverized to the smallest possible size, it was comfortable on his feet. The lapping of the waves on the shore, the smell of salt and the cries of the birds, it was relaxing.

Betty tanned naturally and thought most lotions didn't work, though he had convinced her that it was worth it while they dated. When she came back from playing in the waves he knew she'd ask for some. He wondered about Aria, having her so close. It was like a temptation, something you could reach out and have but were not sure that it was time. He knew he liked her, since that first day he'd seen her, and more after he brought her home when she lay passed out on his bed. At first it was more of a big brother when she came to work, but after they spent that time together it became more.

As he watched her walk back, no coffee, he assumed she had drank it at the cafe, she was gone long. Some tension ran through her, as his eyes could not help but stare at her, she was beautiful. Like a supermodel of something, the way she moved, looked. Peter saw no wrong in her. Getting behind him she took the lotion, "well, you have to protect yourself right?" He half joked as she began rubbing her soft, elegant hands on his back.

Each touch of her hands on his back was electric. As if by her touch any care was simply wiped away. Soothing and sensual he was looking forward to later when they would get to spend more time together, he hoped he would get a little closer to her. "You should put some on yourself even if you get under cover," nodding to the umbrella next to them, why he had taken the spot.

Aria smiled a little, at his words as she rubbed his back in light gentle strokes.The temperature had changed drastically for her, first inside the hotel with the chilling air conditioner and then outside in the summer sun, dancing over her skin.She liked it outside, the light summer breeze, caressing her body like a lover would.She sucked in the summer breath, as if trying to hold as much as she could inside her.

"One can never be too careful"She agreed with him, before slipping beside him, under the cool shade of umbrella."I dont think I would need the lotion right now, I dont feel like swimming"She told him.There was an unspoken sadness in her voice, and she looked like a wounded rabbit, trying to feel happy that it survived to live another day.She sat beside him, looking at the vast sea, and how beautifully the sun bounced from it's surface. "I have never been to a beach before this"She admitted to him slowly, looking at him before looking away."But now I think, I might come here every year"

She saw Betty enjoying in the cold water, in no need of any companionship to pull her out from internal drowning, unlike Aria, who always needed someone to survive.Aria envied Betty in this, for she was much happier.As if on a cue, Betty got out and walked to them, water dripping off her body. "Why dont you both join?"She asked, frowning at them.'I dont feel like swimming today."Aria repeated.

Peter could tell something was bothering her, maybe nervous about being at a new place, suddenly thrust on a trip with a bunch of people you don't know, and working for Vincent. Laughing a little inside thought maybe it was Vincent. He wanted to draw her out, have her confide, but he didn't think she was ready. Feeling her tender caress on his back enjoyed the sensation, thinking back to how beautiful she looked asleep in his bed he added her touch to the quick fantasy of her that flew through his mind. Even in her underwear she was a treasure, which he realized was as much as she wore now, but the fact it was underwear somehow made it more intimate. As if they had shared something special, unspoken, it was an odd connection to have with a woman who you slept next to, not with.

"True, always good to be careful. Thanks," he told her as she finished and sat next to him. Something troubling her, "you know, if you ever want to talk I have an ear to listen." Turning his head, pointed to the other, "but not this one, Betty claimed it last year." Ending with a laugh as Betty, like being summoned, showed up next to them. Her body was well shaped, proportioned, and Peter knew it well from when they dated. Her hair dark from the sea she came up in a sudden waft of ocean crispness.

Peter stood and held his hand out, "we don't need to swim. We can walk along the water for a bit, take some time and adjust yourself," recalling something that she had said. "If its your first time let's get the full on beach experience, let's see if we can find a sea shell for you. A nice memento to take back."

---

Vincent stormed into the room. The maids in the far end of the hall heard the door slam, and perhaps the guttural shout that filled the room, but not much more. Repeating the word bitch over and over again as he walked from room to room in the suite Vincent tried to walk the anger out. To get Aria out of his mind. "Why is she so goddamn difficult?!" He asked no on in particular. If someone had answered he would probably freak out.

It took all his concentration to not punch the wall, the feeling of being trapped and hopeless with someone crawled up his back like a spider and made him twitch. Swearing, using each word he knew multiple times, and in various combinations the coffee was cold by the time he felt more himself. Walking to the balcony he looked down, seeing the crowd forming on the beach, thinking he saw Aria on the sand, the distinctive bikini dress noticeable even from 20 floors up. Especially when it was next to some blonde topped figure he assumed was Peter. Peter who was taking her away from him. His fist hit the railing hard, he heard the dull clang of metal.

"Ok Mister, if you want to play, I will play." Vincent turned back into the room, determined to get her back.

Aria watched the beach with softly, feeling the warmness on her skin It felt much better to be in the sun, it felt too homely.She closed her eyes, letting her self flow with the wind.The noices all around somehow overpowered her grief.She has always been a quite introvert person. From the beginning, she was Aria the quiet one.Never too loud in her laughs, never too open with men, a blush always plastered on her face, her clo8thes gave the illusion of her being strong, of being a fun person but she always knew she never was one.

And then what had happened to her, twice, it only pushed the already shy butterfly back into it's cocoon, urging her to never step out.She turned to face Peter as he spoke, before letting a small smile trickle her face. "Then you should reserve that for me"She said sweetly, before hearing Betty. Giving in, she stood up and removed her cover, before the three of them entered the water again.Aria was actually able to let the cold waves overpower her inner turmoil, letting her smile.

After the time in water, she parted ways with them.Peter was going out with his team and instantly she knew she didn't belong there.Those people knew each other from years and she knew she was intruding.Promising to meet for dinner, Aria headed back to the suite.She took a warm shower before changing into something summer-y.She decided she.won't let Vincent ruin her outing and went out to explore.She went to the town, had lunch at a bistro.Some people didn't like spending time alone but she had always loved it.The quietness agreed with her.

Almost around 7, Aria was sitting in the hotel restaurant, reading a book she had picked up.The table was on a deck above the beach, giving a beautiful look of the sea.She was dressed in a blue sleevless top with a pair of shorts, her brown hair wavy.She had a tall glass of unfinished mojito and a pastry infront of her.Svhe knew Peter would be back soon.

Vincent shower, shaved, dressed and came out looking new. Sparkly he called it as a joke, the time when he knew he was out on the prowl looking for someone new to sate his appetites. It was the only way to resolve the dilemma he had found himself in. He couldn't trust another woman, all he saw were the faults, the problems. They were so glaring they itched at him like a thorn in his finger. Stung like a paper cut on the edge of a finger. With Aria he saw few but the ones that appeared got under his skin so quick he could not help himself.

Yet, she was his prey. Not letting this opportunity pass he faded into the background of the hotel, watching them frolic in the beach. Peter getting close, but each time he felt the skin on the back of his neck rise up as if he was going to leap down and pummel Peter for his transgression, Aria pulled away. Vincent smiled as he watched, she wanted him. He knew it, something kept pulled her away and it was maddening, never before had he wanted someone so much, not even Her. The one who had started his distrust, the one who had screwed him over, wrung him out and twisted him into a mockery of what he once was. Broken on the inside but he did not care.

Following her all day watched as she avoided everyone else, there was a team meeting today but he let them off to have more fun. Making it seem more like a gift to them, he trusted them all for the work they did, so why say more. He was sure they would appreciate it, and honestly as much as he loved giving them the pep talks, sometimes he could tell they only came because they had to. Aria was more important. When he saw her come down for dinner, the blue top was nice and as he looked he wanted to lick her shoulders. Taste her as he had before, devour her like a little rabbit and have his way with it.

Coming up to the table, noting the unfinished mojito set his whiskey cocktail down. Dressed fashionably, a black silk shirt, khakis and dress shoes he looked like a man out for a night on the town. Clicking the glass he sat down opposite to her and gave her the most pleasant smile he could. His words as silk ridden as the shirt, "good evening Aria, nice to see you. How's the book?"

Aria's deep hazel eyes were burned in her book, as she read with full concentration.Reading was her favorite thing, it always distracted her from her worries and troubles.And right now, that is all she really needed. A distraction from something that her heart really craved and her mind constantly pushed away.It was no easy thing to have your heart and brain pull you to two different sides.There is a chance you might get ripped.

Deep down, Aria wanted to believe that Vincent wasn't a jerk like this.He was just hiding under his facade but what happened today was starting to rip out her faith in him.Maybe he wasn't a good man at all, just like the others.Maybe he was justllike all the other men.Bad and Horrid.But as the words left her body, she knew, no matter what , she could never truly believe that.

Hearing his voice, Aria slowly put down the book and looked up at him, sitting there all groomed and hot.Her eyes examined his face carefully What was he upto now?"If you are here to insult me and leave me in tears again, go ahead and get it over with.Why make useless chit-chat?"She spoke

"You make me out like some kind of monster," he told her smoothly. Turning the glass in his hand. "I tried to be nice and you think me mean, so I don't know if its worth trying to be one or the other." Following her all day his thoughts were focused on her, just on Aria. It had been a long time since that had happened. What was it that he needed to do to forget her, or have her? The answer was as elusive now as it was this morning.

"I'm just being me," he looked up at her under his brows as he leaned on the table. "You've been in my thoughts constantly since we met, its like something inside of me that wants to get out, but doesn't know the way." It never worked to practice words for a meeting like this, not that he'd had any in years. Still, with what he thought of earlier, what he wanted to tell her, how he felt, it just would not come. It was a door to open, that would leave him exposed, vulnerable. He could not have that again. Looking around made sure that Peter or Betty were not nearby, he expected one of them to be there with Aria, and he would have to confront them all.

"I don't want to insult you, make you cry," shaking his head took a sip. The sweetness of the vermouth coated his tongue, "I want us to be together." Pausing it was the part he was not sure he should say, or how. Letting the words come were opening the door he feared. "Really together, but I don't know how," adding to himself, or if we deserve each other.

Aria noted the page number of her book and then closed it gently, letting it rest on her lap, as she sat up.She looked at him as he spoke, trying to search for one thing, one action that would reveal that he was lying. That he was playingher, because that was the better option.If he played herif he lied, it was easier to push him away but if was telling the truth, she knew she would end up hurting.I

She bit her bottom lip, unsure how to respond. Together? He wanted them together? As What? "You really confuse me Vincent. Sometimes you insult me like I'm some cheap whore.Some one who just deserves to be treated the way a dog should be.You know, you were my first meaningless sex, and you taught me never to do it again.It is not worth the insults"She spoke softly,looking down at her lap.She didn't tell him how he forced her to relive the darkest moments of her life."And now, your'e telling me that you want me? Want me how Vincent? As your fuck toy? A toy you can force out your anger on? Because that is how you make me feel Vincent.Like some person who deserves what you say and I dont even know my fault. "

Relationships are hard.

That was what he always had for an excuse when she had been in his life. It never stopped though, no matter how hard it got she took the easy path. Over time Vincent followed it, the shirking of responsibility for another, caring, it was hard. Once you've done it and had it thrown at you for no good reason, you either crack and succumb or you die. He succumbed. It was the only way, become as hard and bitter as everyone else.

Still, she accused him as if he was the wrong one. Wasn't she the one who came on to him in the office? Didn't she go off with Peter, kissing him on the dance floor before passing out in his arms. Spending the night with Peter who probably violated her sweet, sexy body time and time again. That's what he would have done. As she looked at him with that big, soft hazel eyes the voice so soothing, so calm. It was coaxing.

Sipping the cocktail for fortitude. "If I wanted a fuck toy I'd get one," he sat back and breathed heavily once. "Its not that hard, what is hard is finding someone you want to be with. Someone who is in your head," sticking a finger at his temple for emphasis. "If someone like that shows up, what do you do?" He looked at her, the question was more for himself but he wanted an answer from anyone but himself.

Aria looked at him, before looking down.What do you do?°The question haunted her too.Do you forgive them and just grab onto the hope of being together? Do you give in to your heart and give your brain the opportunity to say I told you so? Do you harden yourself and push the person away?Or do you let your love consume you?

What do you do?

She tugged back her hair, looking at him."Maybe you just apologize and let yourself be loved and accepted.Maybe you just open your self to him or her and try for the last time.Maybe you just break the invisible wall around me.Maybe you just..give yourself to her"She spoke softly, looking into his eyes before looking down.She sat back, slowly picking up her mojito and sipping it."Maybe you just split a chocolate mud pie with them"She spoke with a soft smile, and divides the pastry into two equal parts, before offering him.

He watched the fingers disappear into the hair and move it back, recognizing the sign. As he looked at the hazel eyes in the light of the restaurant, the lush lips he only wanted to pull her closer. As her words struck deep he tilted the glass back and forth, thinking himself as she said the words that he must have uttered so long ago. It was an odd feeling to be on the receiving end of this, where he had once been in Aria's seat now he was literally on the other side of the table. Doing and being exactly what he had hated then, from her. He had been in love and the choice there, the right one at the time and now, was that the door stayed closed and the relationship deteriorated until she was put away.

Catching the words in his throat, "I'm sorry." It came out plain, but heartfelt. Whether the cocktail, her eyes that brought him back or something else, it was like being his old self. "You're a beautiful person Aria, I don't deserve you, but I can't get you out of my mind, since that day you showed up at the office I thought it was a sign."

Watching her sip the drink, the way her throat moved attracted his eyes, the neck he had once laid his lips against and would like to do so again. "Mud pie, always sounds like something you'd make as a kid," he chuckled as he took the half, "my door is rusty and stuck. You're going to need a strong shoulder to get it open all the way, its been a long time closed since the last one broke my heart." Damn, he told himself, opening up already as he looked at her and grinned playfully, wondering if she really was the one.

Aria's cheek flushed the similar red at his words as she bit her bottom lip, looking at him.The sound of the waves crushing the shore became dominant over any other thing, as the summer breeze trickled through her long brown hair, letting it flow with them."I'm sorry too..I didn't mean to get you flustered. I was as shocked to see as you were"She said, looking at him with a small smile.

"You are not the only one with a rusty door Vincent. "She spoke softly, as she got up and walked over to him, before sitting on his lap.It was a bold move, and she wasn't sure what she was thinking.Her face flushed red.Part of her told her to run, run for the hills now, this was wrong.So wrong.He was her boss, and the man she hated.She shouldn't be doing this.S"Maybe a kiss would lubricate it"She whispered before leaning down and kissing him.Everybody in the restaurant was looking at them.

As she moved over and sat in his lap he suddenly felt a bit relieved, as if the worst part was over. Right now he wasn't mad, jealous, only content. Feeling her weight, her warmth as she sat on his lap he was reminded of that first night, raw naked passion that pulled them together, to be replaced now with a longing for her. The need to have her near him, always.

While their lips touched he could feel her press against him, inside he was warm, excited. His arm ran up her back and curled around the gentle slope of her neck. Wisps of hair ran against the back of his hand until his fingers were lost within the rich locks of hair. Holding her lips to his own enjoyed the moment, forgetting everyone around them. There was only Aria right now, nothing else, no one else mattered.

Slowly their lips parted, stuck together as if by the heat of passion their lips pulled apart reluctantly. "That does lubricate it well," he caught his breath slightly only now grasping what she said about being rusty. Had she been through something similar? Odd how easy it is to get broken by someone else, easier to do the breaking if you don't care. As if caught between two places he looked deep in her eyes, "why don't we take a walk? Might be easier for them if we do," gesturing towards the people staring at them.

Aria didn't notice the people gaping at them.Hell, she didn't even paid any attention to the constant yells from her mind to turn back, which seemed like a distant echo.How could she concentrate on anything else when Vincent's lips were pressed against hers, kissing her back?

She felt his fingers crawl up as she pressed her body to his, Her arms gripping his shoulders.She could feel her body shoot sparks deep inside her viens, as if each drop of blood was experiencing the ecstasy of it .It wasn't a short type kiss,but a long and slow oneshowing both of them were trying to savour every mmoment they could get with each other.She pulled back, and for a few seconds didn't want to open her eyes, afraid that the dream might be over.That he won't be there, but she was glad to find out he really was here."Hmm'She agreed, blushing as she noticed the people before standing up, with as much dignity as she could.

Slowly picking up her book, she walked outside, half afraid that Vincent won't follow.But he did.She smiled up at him, as they walked down on the cool sand.This time, she didn't initiate any touch, letting him act as he wanted.

Following her out of the restaurant into the cool of the night he came up next to Aria, an arm sliding around her slim waist as the sand softly slid under their feet. The loafers were a little uneasy to walk in, the fine grains of sand finding their way into the cracks between his bare feet and the opening of his shoes. With her next to him he did not mind. Her smile told him all he needed to know. The way it lit up her face under the starry sky, the lights from the hotels along the beach gave a pale glow towards the surf. Waves hissed up to the sand from the black waters of the ocean, lit up by the white surf that momentarily reached up the tide line.

Holding her close he smelled her floral scent among the salt air, stopping as they were midway towards the ocean. With both arms around her waist he pulled her to him, their lips meeting again. The soft line of her mouth touched his and as his head reached down and his eyes closed he lost himself in the moment with her. All of the day faded away, everything that had been frustrating and unpleasant melted in that long moment. His lips hungrily devouring hers, feeling her breath on his cheek as their mouths touched and touched again.

It was a long moment before he pulled away and looked down to her eyes, the lights just touching one side where he could see the wide eyes look up at him. "A quiet moment alone with you is all I wanted," he brushed the hair from her cheek and forehead, studying the long line of her nose, the point of her chin. "You are a rare beauty, and for once, take it as the compliment it is meant, nothing hidden. Nothing derogatory," he could not help by smile as he reached his lips towards her again, "just the truth."

Aria couldn't remember the last time she felt so relaxed.It seemed like her frigid muscles had finally given in and no longer wanted to stay hard to protect themselves.She smiled feeling his warm arm easily slide around her waist,as he pulled her close.She walked with him in welcoming silence, hearing the sound ofthe waves."Just a ssecond"She muttered,bending down and removing her heels.It was much more easier to walk now.

She felt the cool and grany texture of the sand on her feet, before he stopped abruptly. She looked up at him,her lips curving into a smile at his sight.He looked so handsome, relaxed like this.His eyes lit up each time he pulled her close and she could swear their was no fault in them.She blushed hearing his words, remembering each time he told her that she was beautiful.It was those moments which she held on to when he was cold.She kissred him again, letting the kiss play out before pulling back."Are we going to tell anybody about us? You are still my boss"She spoke, as they sat down on the sand.She rested her heasd on his chest, feeling him hold her.It was like subconsciously they both were trying to make the most of what they had.

'Whatever you decide, I'll be fine with it"She spoke understandingly.If he wanted to reveal it, then good but if he didn't, there was fun in snooping around till things got serious.

Vincent had to think a moment, part of him was trying to tear away. To get involved again is not what he wanted, was it? His borders were coming down, the blinders off as she reached down and took off her heels. Watching the slender curve of her calves as she bent over, the slender foot slipping out of the heels that he preferred Aria to wear as it gave her legs that subtle stretch of muscles that made legs more attractive.

"I wouldn't want to embarrass you," his mind whirled around as he looked at her. A slight sea breeze stirring the dark locks of hair. "If people suddenly think we are dating it might look bad on you, and I don't want that."

His hand caressed her smooth, round shoulder. The idea that he was her boss and they were dating brought a smile to his lips, "I've never really dated someone who works for me. There is something sort of illicit about that," he paused as he traced his finger long and slow down her arm. "Exciting almost. As if you could be more," looking up at her smiling. Feeling happy, content, more than he had in awhile. "Let's let them all figure it out," he wasn't worried about repercussions at work. He'd shown his capabilities, and he had seen other relationships ignored, or swept under the rug.

"For now, let's keep it our secret," pulling her chin and lips towards him devoured her mouth. Tasting the chocolate from the dessert on her mouth.

Aria felt the grain of sands beneath her fingers, as she heard the soothing thump-thump of his heart beat like the beats of muffled drum.She closed her eyes, enjoying everything that was around.The beach, the sound of water, the feel of sand, the smell of waves and most importantly Vincent.

"You are right."She agreed hearing him."I dont think I can handle the judgement they would give me.It-s better this way'She told him, looking at him as he kissed her.Gawd, she could kiss him all her life.It was like she was beginning to get drunk on his lips.

The loud noise of her cell interrupted their kiss as she pulled back.Looking down, she tugged the loose strands of her hair as She picked up the call."Hi Peter"She spoke,sitting beside Vincent. 'You have reached?...oh...'She laughed at something he said.It was weird how Vincent had never made her laugh and Peter could do it in less than 30 seconds.

She disconnected the call,before looking at Vincent. "I promised Betty and Peter to have dinner with them.If I dont go, they'll get mad.Do you want to join us or meet me after dinner?'She asked, putting on her heals.

One moment they were locked in an embrace, lips pressed against each other in a desperate reach for grounding. At that moment, though it felt trite, on the beach in her arms he felt complete. Calm. As if nothing could pry them apart and all was right with the world. Vincent, for once in many years, felt accepted. As if there was no scar and what had pushed him off to this trail was wrong, and this was right. Oh, so right. The softness of her curves, the scent of her hair above the overpowering salt and miasma of the ocean.

Then the phone rang. For a moment he said silently, don't pick it up. Don't ruin the moment.

Then his name. For a moment his face was going to belie the turmoil that soured inside him. Rolling around within like a pit that pulled at the edges of his stomach and drew him down again. The light airy laugh, a laugh he wanted to her to make for him and him alone. Then the excuses. Oh yes, he knew where this was going to go. Vincent had been down this road before. His eyes narrowed as she slipped her shoes back on.

His hand grasped her tight, as if she was the last thing that held him here. If she left then he was going to be adrift. Never to touch shore again.

"I don't think it would be appropriate for me," he gave as an excuse, his voice hardening for a moment. Then, slightly more pained than he intended he looked up at her, his hand locked on her wrist, "don't go. Stay here with me, we can get our own dinner."

Aria didn't notice the turmoil it caused in him.She didn't know about Vincent's past and insecurities it build with it.As She pulled back from the kiss, She closed her lips as if trying to keep the fragile bird within her. She loved how he made her feel and was glad that she didn't have to cry herself to sleep tonight. Looking away from him, she put on her heels, her eyes carefully tugging it up.

A loud whimper left her lips as he gripped her wrist.For a moment she was truly scared. "Where are you going?"Alex asked her, turning his head from the Television to her.Aria tugged back her hair and gave him a sweet smile. "I was going out to Lunch with Nathan. I promised him..he has been sad ever since he found out his wife was a lesbian"Aria trailed off as she went through her purse.Alex grabbex her wrist before slapping her.Hard."And you want to show him what a true woman can do!?" "

However, his words brought her back.The desperate plea in his voice, that was nothing even close to Alex. Vincent was not Alex."Vincent"She said softly, getting on her knees. "You should come with me.Please? I promise you'll love them.See, I promised.I can have rest of all my dinners with you.We can even have desert after it. But I need to go"She said, lightly cupping his face.

Vincent saw it in her eyes, though her hand tenderly cupped his face there was the desire in the eyes to go, to see someone else. Someone not him. It was like she was talking to a baby, he felt small and as she touched him he let her arm go, his fingers and hand moved in a disappointed arc. As if swinging her arm away from him, her touch a burn on his skin.

"Love them?" He sneered. Thinking of Peter and Betty and how they were always laughing, having fun. As if they were the popular crowd. "You forget, I've known them longer. There is not much I am going to get out of them." Standing up he took a step away, go, if you need to then. Go to them, go to Peter."

The name came out harsh, as if just by saying the name he felt it was burning his tongue. The disgust in it, and that she wanted to go to him was just a nail in his heart. Hurting, as he turned and walked down the beach, feeling used again. Hurt again. A little voice inside saying, this is why we don't open up. A buzz on his phone a she stalked down the beach and he saw an unfamiliar number, picking it up heard her voice. Barbara. The stewardess.

"I'm at the bar we talked about," she coyly told him. "You might want to hurry if you want to see me, there are quite a few here already who are trying to catch my eye."

As he turned to look at Aria, thinking of her in Peter's arms again tonight, walked back towards the street. "Just hang on babe, I'll be there to rescue you as soon as I can." It was petty, it wouldn't matter much in the long run, both Barbara and he knew it was a one time deal. If it would make Aria hurt, or lessen her damage, Vincent didn't care. It had been awhile since he'd done a stewardess anyway.

Aria looked at him, hurt as he flinged her hand away.She couldn't understand why he was being this way? She had told him so many times that Peter was just a friend. A friend who made her feel welcomed when nobody was talking to her.A friend who will be there when Vincent will leave her.She watched him, speechless as he stood up, his hatred reflected in his eyes.

He started to walk away from her.Like the kiss they shared was nothing. .Like the talk of being together was just words on the sand, fleeting and not certain. Did he play her? Was he hoping to sleep with her then laugh at how dumb she had been to actually believe him? Just thinking about it made her heart ache.It couldn't be true. .Vincent wasn't a man like this. Then what kind of man would react like this? A man like Alex. A man like Alex.A man like Alex.Her heart chanted as she got up on her feet.

"Vincent...stop"She called out, but he kept walking, away from her taking her happiness with him.Aria sighed as she walked back to meet Peter and Betty.They had dinner at seafood restaurant, and Aria finished as fast as she could without letting them suspect anything.

She lost the mood fordinner as soon as Vincent flinched from her touch but her stubborn self which had vowed to never give into a man persuaded her to go.She bought some cake and headed back to the hotel, waiting outside for Vincent.

Picking up her cell, she tried calling him.

Walking slowly towards the bar he took his time, Barbara would be there, if she met someone that took her away Vincent would either met the challenge, or find something else to warm his bed for awhile. He knew who he would prefer, though it felt like it was a weakness, but the idea still clung to him as he watched the waves break on the shore. Wet sand clung to his toes as he walked through the surf and then back to the road, letting the sand dry and fall off.

It had taken some time to walk there, to get his head straight. Like a drug she had gotten into him, giving him that high which took awhile to get out of. Feeling more himself he looked inside the bar, hearing the voices mingle within. Barbara was not hard to spot, she was at the bar, flipping her hair and sitting with legs crossed and a daringly, short skirt. Her long legs on display to the semi-circle of men around her, who all salivated for some attention from her. He knew who she was looking for, but men buzzed to ones like her smelling the sex from miles away.

A hand on the door to the bar and his phone rang. Hurriedly he turned aside and looked, seeing the now familiar number he waited a moment, his throat constricted as he looked at the phone wondering if he should pick it up.

In a moment of weakness his finger slid across the face, connecting the call. "Yes?" He asked, the steel in his voice as he wondered, was she trying to play him again?

Aria's body rested it's weight on the door as she pressed her phone to her earWhy would he get so upset about something as mundane as this? becausehe was like Alex.He is already possessive. It is a matter of time till the abuse starts .She ignored her mind, knowing this was not the reason. There probably was a past between Peter and Vincent she didn't know about.

The phone rang and rang and Aria thought he won't pick up the call.Dejected, she was just about to disconnect when his voice rang through, replacing the phone's heart beat with her increasing one.'Vincent? "She spoke, sighing in relief
"Where are you? I finished dinner early and am waiting for you outside your room"She spoke, her tone mixed with relief, concern, worry and hopefullness.
Worried if everything was a lie, concerned about him ansd hopefull that nothing was wrong.She could hear the loud buzz from the background. He didn't. ."Are you at a bar?"

Back
Top Bottom