Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

He should be picking me! (Alexander and wiki234)

Alexander

Super-Earth
Waking up late, and still having plenty of time to roll around in bed before finally rising... life was good to Jay. It was ten before he got his body out, and only during his "morning" shower did his his head begin to snap out of its haze. The water barely even darkened his hair as he ran his hands through it. He was such a light blonde, that sometimes it almost seemed colorless. As he had to keep putting more and more shampoo into it, he feared it might be growing a bit too long, but the thought was brushed aside as he realized that he still had a class to head to, even if it was still far away.

Rather than eat breakfast at his home, it had become part of his schedule to just head to the college cafeteria and take an early lunch there. He made the trip into campus with an hour to spare, and doing a little extra studying before his course while munching on something never hurt. It would be much better than wandering aimlessly for a while, or just sitting in class waiting for all the students and the instructor to arrive. He entered the room, filled with earlier risers grabbing their second meal of the day, and lazy students such as himself, some of whom would consider this an early snack. Halfway through the maze of tables and chairs was his usual spot, and as he approached it, he noticed an almost empty tray lying across from it. He assumed that 'she' was nearby, probably grabbing a sweet-tasting juice or something. His girlfriend's sister, Haruki, seemed to have made a habit of engaging him here lately.

Haruki sighed and gave a big yawn as always whenever she woke up, she really was a he at sleeper and people could tell easily that it was hard for her to wake up. She loved sleep but with school she couldn't really get much as her classes she took were set in the early afternoon rather than morning or late classes, but still it was better to be early now than stay at home here eating some breakfast. The young girl was a reasonable height of 5"6 she had brown hair, dark colored hair compared to her sister that was short, some people mistaking her as a boy sometimes until they would hear her high pitched voice or take a glance at her chest if they dared of course.

She was the last one to wake up of course as the sibling always walked together but of course parted ways as haruki wasn't really the busier one of the two, always hanging out at the cafeteria of course to eat breakfast and have somewhere to stay than the cold outside. As she grabbed her food haruki star down quickly at an empty table, eating her food a bit faster than a normal Human though she wasn't totally a messy slob making a mess, but mostly leaving things like her tray instead of throwing it out right after. Haruki could really care less as she stood up out of her chair and headed off back into the cafeteria to grab her usual drink then to the line to pay for it, looking down at her phone as the lone would slowly move along.

He caught sight of her off approaching a counter, but his gaze soon veered off to the different vendors as he began to decide what he was going to eat himself. He could have just kept his eyes locked there, because eventually he decided he wanted a bagel from the same shop she was at. Haruki seemed to have just finished her purchase, and it was amusing to watch her wander back towards him with her face buried in the phone the entire time. Somehow, she managed to perfectly navigate all of the people and obstacles on her way, sipping at the drink in one hand and swiping at the screen in the other. Jay didn't even think Haruki noticed he was there when she plopped herself back down into the seat.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the little sister. I've been wondering, why doesn't your better half ever join us?" It really was a bit strange to him. Jay and Mana were dating, and yet usually the first person he would find at school each day was Haruki here. He knew Mana's schedule, and she didn't have any classes right this moment, yet she always found a reason to be busy off somewhere. Instead, it was just these two, both starting their classes late and killing time with some idle talk whenever there wasn't any prep needed for assignments. Sometimes, she would have some nice gossip on her sister that she would share, but too often she was just the little sister. It felt strange to call her that sometimes, because Jay was closer in age to Haruki than to Mana, and it made him feel small as well.

Finally she would be done as she did find herself back to the table fast and easy, maybe it was with how short she was, or she was really good at multi tasking but either way it wasn't special or anything. Finally sitting down she leans back into the chair as her drink sits on the table in front of her, her fingers moving around the screen as she does her own thing like usual. Haruki looks up to see him, and immediately fires a comment back at him, " better half?! What's that supposed to mean!" She snapped back with her brow raised and a roll of her eyes, "of course she's always busy what do you expect.." Finally she stops fully as her phone is slipped into her pocket and her arms crossed looking at him, with light green eyes.

She wasn't the most gentle person to just about anyone and she was of course like all little sisters the more agressive one to most people, with only two people knowing too well, jay and of course her own sister. There were times that she looked almost innocent but not very often as much as it would seem to help.

Haruki's fiestiness was part of what made teasing her so fun. "Its supposed to mean, Mana acts like an angel, especially considering the family that she comes from. At the least, she would pretend to laugh at my bad joke." It was fun to compare the two. Mana was gentle, comforting, and dare he say, rather alluring. When they kissed, she would always be looking him in the eyes. He was just shy of six feet, and Mana just below him. Haruki, on the other hand, was much easier to look down upon, at least literally. In addition to her height, she was aggressive, kept him on edge, and well... she glared daggers at him whenever she caught him looking at her chest.

Finally, he responded to her question. "I expect her to make time for her boyfriend. I visit her between classes pretty often. Returning the favor would be nice." He didn't want to pout too much to Mana's sister, though. Haruki might spill a little too much to her, and he never looked forward to a lecture about his behavior. "I'm going to grab my breakfast. You can wait here if you like. I don't think I'm ruining your studies, at least not yet."

"Jeez I feel bad for her....that you said that..." She didn't like his jokes, it was just annoying, and haruki hated his teasing, but now at the moment she had dirt on both him and her own sister, " I'd like to her damn pissed one day..." She smirks with a grin as she pulls down her shirt a bit more, her own breasts looking bigger then they really are whenever she did that.

" jeez and your also s little baby having to see her all the time, you must be really desperate...." Haruki leans back in her chair as she watches him leave staying there and taking out her phone to listen to her music and relax.

He didn't know if he was so irritated because of her stinging words, or if he was just succumbing to his hunger. "You feel bad for me? You don't even have a boyfriend. What do you know about wanting to be cared for?" But, his retort appeared to have fallen upon deaf ears, so he went to the line so he could get his bagel. He had seen Haruki in the company of other girls, but he was the only guy he knew who put up talking with her. Maybe it was just the way that she acted around him, but it was more difficult to imagine her being warm to any other boy.

She was in much the same position when he came back. She was very relaxed, her body reclining in the chair, causing her chest to jut out. Jay couldn't help but stare at her for a while. Haruki might have had a fit over that, but she was paying more attention to her phone than to him at the moment. Maybe harassing some other people she knew over text. He would never admit it, but he was pretty impressed by Haruki's body. He wished that Mana could fill out a shirt as thoroughly as Haruki did. Shouldn't the older sister have the best of everything, and the younger get the leftovers? In this case, apparently not.

Eventually, the corner of her eye seemed to catch a glimpse at him, so he quickly pretended to be eating his bagel rather than oogling her, a difficult task given that there wasn't even a single bite out of it yet.

" you wouldn't even understand even if I bothered to tell you..." She said after glancing at him, haruki gave a long soft sigh as her voice seemed to fade away and grow soft with those words. Suddenly the air around them felt cold and she became quiet, " if only he could understand..." She said softly looking down at her phone then glancing back at him softly but giving him a cold stare if it did happen that their eyes met at that moment. Haruki felt her heart steadily beating in her chest.

She did want to know that feeling and he did get her there, reminding haruki of why she grew cold and agressive in the first place. She was the one that people could maybe feel bad for, her aggression being of course a solid wall and a mask to his her true self, she pressed a button shutting down the screen of her phone as her head was down, her bangs hanging on either sides and some of her hair covering such a lonely face which of course no one could see. Another place in her heart wanted the passion of being loved by someone she knew for a long time, the very person who always tried to stand her hatefulness toward him, it was more of jealousy that haruki had a place in her heart to fall in love with the person next to her that cared so deeply for her sister more than anything.

Haruki finally snapped out of it as she raises her head revealing a soft and quiet, but not very cold face...haruki could even be daydreaming of jay holding her hand and being there if she hadn't snapped out of it past this moment, maybe this was the beginning of something big for her. Slowly she went back to her phone though instead it was more of staring at a lit screen than anything as if she was just thinking of something at the moment.

He watched as she went from relaxed, with her back stretched out, as her body closed on itself inward. Her arms tucked in, creating a wall to the outside, and she slouched over, letting her hair fall until it dropped onto her eyes. The only thing that remained inside of her barrier was her phone, but that too went dark soon. She didn't even look like she had the strength to hold it anymore, it was just leaning upright against her hand.

His words hadn't meant to wound her, so he felt bad seeing her in this state. And Mana would give him a mouthful for upsetting her sister, if Haruki ever mentioned it. Maybe he needed to take Mana out tonight, so that word would never get to her. Perhaps it would be simpler to apologize...

"Haruki, I..." The words got caught in his throat. Why was he apologizing? He was just responding to her, wasn't he? They'd argued many times before. Jay decided he wanted her to vent, so that they could get to the bottom of this. Even if there was a lot of frustration towards him, he didn't feel aggression anymore. "I don't think I'd understand, either. But you can still say it. Despite your attitude, your heart is just hardened, not empty. You know that your sister really loves you, right?"

She looked at him with a soft sigh, her blue eyes looking into him, " you..don't know how a girls emotion work do you..." Haruki quietly snapped at him, the young girl couldn't bring herself to just tell him there, seeing he cares for mana more of course because of them dating, " beg for something I can't have..." She said having her soft quiet tone..." Haruki didn't know what she was feeling...love..or something else than anger. She was the most softest thing on the inside, even more compared to her sister. Mana was naturally outgoing and nicer than her but haruki was more naturally lonely and soft.

She wanted a lover and a boyfriend, someone to tell her she's the only thing in the world. " love..." She said holding her heart as she stood up and started to walk outside. Once she was out she looke for a small corner, sitting under a tree and holding her hand out to the sky, dreaming of a boy even him, pulling her up or holding her hand to sit beside her. " me..."

He reached out his arm as she rose to leave and turned, as if to say "Don't go", but it was too late. He didn't have much choice but to mutter to himself now. "Of course I know how a girl's emotions work. Its you in particular that I'm confused about." Haruki looked so broken, and while he didn't exactly feel responsible, he knew that somebody was going to have to cheer her up, and if nobody else did it would fall to Mana. Mana had been evading him so well lately, that he didn't want to give her any excuses. He would have to take care of this himself.

Or maybe, this was the perfect way to get his wish. He pulled out his own phone, and made a call, while keeping a distant eye on Haruki. After it was done, he waited. She looked cold, but she never moved. It took quite a bit of time, but eventually she was approached at her spot, by Mana and Jay together. Haruki's sister had a bright smile on her face, despite the concerning position her sister was in.

Haruki stares up at the sky with her bright blue eyes, with a lifeless expression as she held her arm there, " my world...always crumbles..." She says gently to herself with another quiet sigh as the sun slowly started to rise higher into the early afternoon in front of her. She would imagine it as a gold slowly beating heart, a treasure locked away with so few having the right key to open it, maybe her own heart hoping to find someone with the right key to the lock. Her long blue bangs (Character in sig) being blown gently by the wind as she continued to sit there for a moment.

She laid her head down as her bangs fell to her front and long blue hair covering her face, suddenly seeing shadows, haruki didn't look up to her as she pulled her legs into herself with her brown skirt flowing gently back and forth from under her. she leaned to one side as if to lean on an imaginary person but her head in the air as she ignored them and continued to look at the orange light on the ground. It was them, they seemed to care about her, haruki had taken mostly everyone out of her life accept for her sister mostly, finding someone, finding her one knight that would show up one day like mana did.

Her heart was beating more now than earlier, maybe it was her soft side protected by that aggression, she wanted to have her knight now...jay...even she hoped he could understand. " how many times do I have to rebuild..." Haruki slowly moved her head up with her hair covering her face enough to see that smile on her face being with him couldn't be really seen, imagining him holding her hand and being with there, her dress blowing in the breeze as well.

Back
Top Bottom