Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Start of Something, Maybe

Sanguinious

Meteorite
Well, I've just started today, and this seemed as good a place to start out as any. I have no idea what I'm expecting to get out of this site, but diving in head first is usually the best way to learn (especially in such a low risk environment).

To start this off, I suppose I'll put out some facts about myself, so that anyone that feels inclined to read this has some context.

I used to do this kind of online role playing all the time, but I sort of fell out of it when the monster that is the adult world swallowed me whole. I haven't read anything on this site yet, besides a few introductions, but I have a sinking suspicion that I'm going to hate it here. Looking back on some of the crap I wrote when I was younger, and remembering how much people in these kinds of communities praised me for it, I have low expectations from the word GO. But then, I'm sure there were just as many people, if not more, that silently thought my writing was trash, but were too polite to point it out, or liked me too much *not* to compliment my writing. In any case, I really look forward to reading some of what's been posted here and having my low expectations shattered (in a good way).

I'm a pretty tall guy, not bad too look at, and most of the writing I've done in my life (role playing not withstanding) has been either short, sporadic work on several different ideas that never got finished, or long, in-depth descriptions of entire worlds or galaxies. I have one particular universe that I've been working on here and there since I was ~17 (for context, I'm 25 now). The rules have changed and reformed so many times it's insane, and I have back stories for dozens of characters that range from a page or two about their history and personality, to virtual novels about the roles they've played in various events and the stories they might tell their grand kids. It's a beautiful universe, and I have so many stories I want to tell in it, but I just never do. It seems like I always have something just a little bit better to write, until I get bored of that and go onto the next thing that I'll invariably and inevitably leave unfinished.

Besides writing, I enjoy reading (obviously) and drinking. If you're worried or wondering whether or not I'm the stereotypical brooding, alcoholic author, you have nothing to fear. I might be an alcoholic, but I'm not nearly intellectual enough, and I can't even imagine myself brooding. Being a positive person is just too much fun.

Because of my work schedule, I don't have much of a social life. I work Wed-Sun nights, and usually get home right about when everyone is stumbling in from the bars. It's cool, though. The nature of my work allows me to do just about anything I want, as long as it doesn't involve me leaving work. In fact, that's what I'm doing now.

I like to see myself as witty, but I know people far more witty than I. It's the same with intelligence, humor, and looks. I'm not at the bottom of the totem pole on any of them, but I'm not one to stand out in a crowd for anything other than asking silly questions and saying silly things, for the sake of saying them.

Physically, I'm 6'2", 225-235 lb, great legs (I walk 5-10 miles a day), low stamina (I *walk* 5-10 miles a day), decent upper body strength, but almost zero muscle tone, and a 2 inch thick pouch of fat over my belly that makes some lovely love handles.

I don't know if I'll stay here, or for how long. If I do though, I'm sure it'll be a fun journey. :)

Back
Top Bottom