Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Repaying a long ago favor (Krystal x Yenpointfive)

It was just another day for the pretty queen of the fae dark court. Krystal got up, took a shower, then proceeded to put on her blue oriental style dress with matching blue stilettos. She winged her eyeliner in a cat like fashion, pulling her long, stick straight hair into a sleek ponytail. She gave herself a small smile in the mirror before walking out of her bedroom and into her study. There on the desk sat her brown netbook, a wireless mouse, and lastly her galaxy s5, which was plugged into the computer. She had some work to do. Her fashion company was in need of some new designs, and she did her best work on her laptop and tablet.

Before she could get to work though, pn of her servants barged in. "My lady, the guard you assigned to him reports he's in need of help. He was just thrown from his living establishment." He told her, bowing in respect, but she would be able to see the fear in his eyes. It was forbidden to interrept the queen while she was working. Krystal chuckled and smiled softly. She was not angry. He had perfectly good reason to disturb her. Shr patted his head affectionately. "Thank you for telling me. Please go tell the guard to bring him here. It is time I repayed a debt." She said cooly, making no move to punish. He had done right. The servant scurried off and went to tell the gaurd, known to the man as his best friend Damien, who simply smiled at the telepathic message. "As you wish my queen" he whispered under his breath, appearing in the shadows before walking over to his friend.

The guard Damien smiled at his friend. "Come on. You look like you need a place to stay. I know just the place." He told him, a mysterious look to his smile as he helped load things into his car. Damien was secretly curious about what would happen when his queen and his best friend met, but somehow he knew he'd never be bored again. Things were about to get very interesting.

Meanwhile, Krystal was hastily setting up a suite for the man, making everything just right. While she really didn't know him, she knew enough to be ablento set up a suitebto his likng. He would have a whole floor of the manstion to himself, complete with servants at his beck and call. She wanted him as comfortable as possible. His ancestor Xander prtected her and gave her shelter when she was in hiding from fae hunters, and now she wished to repay her debt. She had silently watched his family for generations, hoping to find a way to finish what his ancester started long long ago.

Alex was glad to have help picking up his shit from the front lawn, and for the ride, considering they only owned the one car and it was in Sarah's name. "Thanks man. I really owe you one. I just need a couch to crash on and some wifi to steal." He said. Being an electrical engineer that specialized in the design side of things meant that as long as he had his work laptop (something he'd thankfully managed to catch when it was thrown at his head) he wouldn't have to worry too much about the lack of a car. He'd try to find a deal on Craigslist or somewhere when he got around to buying some wheels.

The drive lasted longer than he'd expected but he'd been confused about the direction that they were taking right from the start. "Are we not going to your place?" He asked. Maybe that was the reason for the mystery behind Damien's smile. Then again, Alex had quite frequently accused his best friend of being unable to smile in any way that wasn't mysterious and generally conveyed the sense that he was up to something, even when he wasn't. It was going to be damn vindicating to realize that in some sense Damien had always been up to something.

When they stopped at the mansion Alex glanced over at his best friend and raised an eyebrow. "You're joking, right? Have you been rich all this time and just living in that apartment for the hell of it?" He asked. In retrospect, he couldn't actually think of any of their other friends having hung out at Damien's apartment when he wasn't there. It could have been a cover, merely for his benefit, but that begged the question as to what the hell was going on here.

He glanced back at the mansion, getting a weird feeling every time he looked at it. Worse eyes had certainly been set upon the building. Alex's eyes were practically the same emerald green color as Xandar's had been. It was the same for all of the man's descendants. Alex's dirty blond hair was a far cry from Xandar's nearly black locks but the eyes were practically the same. He also had something along the lines of the same build, tall and a little broad across the shoulders with a strong chin and a handsome face. Admittedly, he got some of that from his mother's side, just like he'd gotten her blond hair, but it made for a man who'd look rather a lot like his ancestor with the application of some hair dye.

Damien smiled, catching a tablet and another laptop as they were thrown at his friend. Since he was fae, his agility was much quicker than his friends. He set the two thing s atop a laundry basket of clothes, catching both chargers as they fell. He had always been good at catching things. Damien chuckled a little. "Its no problem man. What are friends for?" He said, a slight crypticness to his tone. This would certainly be interesting.

Once everything was in the car and the drove off, Damien chuckled. "No, we're not." was all he said, just continuing on driving until he reached his queen's mansion. The mansion itself was dark red brick with large multi-payne windows and tnticately carved wroght iron balconies. The most prominent one was thenon by the side window. Beautiful rainbow roses climbled the brick wall, twirling into the balcony. On said balcony stood a beautiful blue haired woman wearing an oriental dress and heels, looking out into the veiw of the vast property with more than one building gracing it.

Her eye lit up like a child at Christmas as she saw Damien, grinning brightly at him. "Damien, welcome back!" Came her bell like voice, Damien just nodding and blushing. He had almost forgotten the sight of his beautiful queen, haveing spent centuries watching over Xander 's descendants. Krystal grinned, quickly coming down from her balcony, and appearing at the doors. She hugged Damien. "Its beennto long, dami." She told him, before bowing slightly at Alex. Despite being part of the 21st century as any mortal, her old habits die hard.

If anyone else had given him a cryptic answer like that Alex would have been annoyed at best and worried at worst. Damien, however, excelled in cryptic answers so this was easily chocked up to par for the course. He found himself starring a bit when the woman appeared on the balcony. Between the dress and her hair there was rather a lot of blue going on, not that he didn't love the full effect that it gave. More surprising even than her appearance was how she reacted when she saw Damien and Alex didn't interrupt until she'd ran from the balcony, presumably down to greet them.

"How have you never mentioned her before?" Alex asked his friend quickly. Sure, he wouldn't have necessarily dropped hints about having a super rich friend randomly in conversations either but he'd known Damien for years and it seemed baffling to him that he'd never at least heard of anyone he was close enough to to merit that sort of reaction. She was down to the bottom of the stairs and outside greeting them before he had a chance to push the point further which begged the question of how she managed to cover that distance in heels so quickly without breaking her neck.

The hug, again, made Alex wonder what was going on. He kept it to himself this time though, seeing as he wasn't terribly certain this woman would want to hear that Damien hadn't mentioned her to him yet. However confused he was by the whole thing he didn't plan on getting his best friend into trouble with... well, whoever she was to him. Instead he looked to the woman when she turned to him and without any better ideas he returned her bow, bowing a little lower than she did since he'd heard that was what you did for important people and something told him she was one. "Hi. I'm Alex and up until he sorta kidnapped me I thought that Damien was taking me to his place so I could crash on his couch because I just got kicked out. Am I to assume I'm here because her couches are more comfortable than yours are?" He asked, the question was aimed at Damien but was sort of for whoever the hell wanted to answer. They both clearly knew what was going on and he obviously didn't so he might as well get someone to enlighten him.

Damien sighed softly. "She didn't want me to" he said kind of cryptically, knowing he was sworn to secrecy until his queen told Alex the whole truth. He would and could not break a promise to his queen. Lying was an impossibility for a fae, and if they outright did it, it meant their death. he knew this full well, but that wasn't the whole reason for his silence. He hated seeing his queen upset, and he knew how angry Alex would be if he knew the truth. It would break his queen's heart to not be able to help him and repay her debt, but he also could see the hope for something more brimming in her eyes.

It was no secret that while the queen was holed up with Xander that they were intimate. Roreck often tells Damien that she still cries for him in her sleep. Krystal was so in love with Xander, but she knw she could never be with him. when it was finally safe to leave, she left with out a goodbye, only a note promising to someday repay him for his heroic deed. from then on, Damien watched him and every generation after, hoping someday his queen would find someone again. things were going to get interesting from here on in.

Krystal chuckle heartily and gave Alex a smile. "I'm Krystal. its nice to meet you Alex." she said, giving him another mile while both Damian and her butler Roreck started to unpack the car. She played with her hair, tilting her head slightly, her glacial blue eyes showing she was curious. "a couch? why would you sleep on a couch when you'll get a whole floor in the mansion, with a room and bed." she asked, not really getting the joke that seemed to there.

Alex gave Damien a quizzical look when he got a cryptic answer. He decided to simply drop that line of questioning now since he was definitely in the middle of something where everyone knew what was going on but him. Damien had never steered him wrong before so he was willing to give this woman the benefit of the doubt even if she was apparently the one commanding Damien's silence in the matter.

Alex couldn't help but return Krystal's smiles. Something about them was just plain infectious. He was so focused on her he didn't even noticed Roreck's arrival, but he did glance back to see them unpacking the car. "I could help with..." He started to say but found himself stopping suddenly when his brain actually had a second to process what Krystal had just said. He turned back to her, looking even more suspicious than he had earlier. "Not that I don't appreciate what you're doing here, but could you please tell me what's going on already? Damien mentioned that you didn't want him telling me who you were so you obviously know who I am but I don't think we've ever met before and it's bugging the Hell out of me trying to figure out why you'd offer to put up a man you've never actually met before in a whole floor of your giant beautiful mansion." He said to her. Unlike Xander, Alex wasn't yet used to the idea that the fae tended to be cryptic in the extreme and was thoroughly confused.

Krystal chuckled slightly, gesturing her hand so the large doors of the mansion opened. "Perhaps that is a story better told inside where there are places to sit." she said, walking toward Alex and taking his hand and leading him into the vast castle like mansion and into her private study. Books of all kinds and ages lined the shelves of the large office, and in the corner there sat two plush dark blue queen Anne style chairs with large golden upholstery tacks decorating them. She motioned for him to sit, making a fire in that same gesture. Large bright blue flames rose from the intricate black slate fireplace, and she made tea at a nearby table. "please, have a seat." she said with a small smile, gesturing again to the chairs, walking over and setting a silver platter on the table in between them. on it held a matching teapot, to china cups, a sugar bowl, and lastly the creamer. A cozy space for a long and likely unbelievable talk.

Krystal sat cross legged in one of the chairs, gesturing for him to sit in the adjacent one. She offered him a cup of jasmine rosehips tea before sweetening her own and taking a sip. she was relaxed, despite how much he resembled his ancestor. She had loved Xander, and the resemblance was almost uncanny. She took another sip of her tea, setting the cup down as she let out a breath. "Alex, are you familiar with the story of your ancestor Xander" she asked in a nonchalant way, waiting for an answer before continuing the story.

Alex turned to follow the gesture of her hand and saw the doors seem to swing open of their own accord. His first instinct was to be surprised, his second instinct was to wonder why she'd bothered to set that up ahead of time. He followed her into the home, glancing around at just about everything as they headed for her study. There was no doubt about it, he was getting lost in here a couple of times before he figured out where anything was. When they reached the study and she flicked her fingers towards the fireplace he stopped in his tracks. This was starting to get really weird. Sure, you could do that with some hidden ignition element for the fireplace and some logs soaked in... something that would burn blue (he wasn't exactly sure what element did that but he was sure there was one) but at the same time the way Krystal carried herself didn't suggest that this was a show for his benefit. The way she acted she'd have gone through whatever strange setup allowed the fire to do that any time she wanted to light a fire.

He sat in the offered chair and took the tea when it was offered as well. "Thanks." He said simply, taking a sip. Alex didn't take creamer or sugar in his tea, but then again, neither had Xander. He settled a little as he drank his tea, feeling a bit less on edge due to the weirdness that had permeated the whole day so far.

And then she brought up his ancestor, prompting a pause as he looked deep into her eyes. With a bluntness that would have been perfectly normal for Xander himself Alex asked "Is that what this is all about? My ancestor did something for your ancestor and now you're helping me out?" It seemed like nonsense to him but it was the only nonsense that actually seemed to fit what was happening today.

Krystal let out a melodic chuckle as she heard his question. she took a sip of her tea, nodding slightly. "More or less, though it wasn't my ancestor Xander helped. It was me." she explained in a flat tone, rather blunt herself as she took another sip of her tea. A smile could be seen on her lips as she pushed some of the hair from her face. He would now be able to see that she was he woman he likely had seen a large painting of in his parents house. She had left Xander a painting of her, a locket and one of her scarves to remember her by when she disappeared. It had been in his own best interest. She remembered it like it was just yesterday.

Krystal had loved Xander beyond anyone she had ever known, but knew he was destined for things bigger than even she. He was destined to become a king of men, and she knew he couldn't be that with her at his side. So when it was finally safe for her to return home, she left. A simple note, painting, locket and scarf was all Xander would find when he woke that morning.

In her delicate script Xander would read an apology, one stained with sparkling sapphire tears.
"My dearest Xander,
I am sorry but it is now time for me to leave. It is finally safe at home and I must return to my people as you must return to yours. Know this though my shadowed knight, that love you more than words can say, but I cannot stay. You are destined for bigger things than me my love. I leave you a few tokens for you to remember me, charmed with all the love and protection my court can offer. Please do not weep for me my shadow knight, for I have faith that we will meet again someday, Be it in centuries or not.
Goodbye my heart,
Krystal"
It had hurt her to the core to write the simple letter, but she knew she had to. He needed to find a human queen, one who would bear him an heir. He needed someone whose life was as fleeting as his, for with her he would feel nothing but despair. His people feared hers.

Krystal let out another soft melodic chuckle as she noticed he simply drank his tea straight. "Just like Xander" she thought to herself, taking another sip of her tea. She didn't have to hide that she wasn't human here, in her place. She smiled at Alex. "You are much like him, you know. Like Xander. it is curious." she said softly, mostly musing to herself. She wondered if her silent prayer for these long centuries was finally being answered. Would she have him his time?

Alex couldn't say that he believed her. Yes, she did look exactly like the painting, but anyone who could afford this home could certainly have afforded to commission a portrait of themselves appropriate to any time period they chose. Still, there was something about her that made him wonder. Whatever was going on here had been going on for a long time, at least since he met Damien. Much as he found it hard to believe she was repaying a debt she personally owned to his ancestor he couldn't actually come up with any reason that made sense as to why these two had involved themselves in his life like they had.

He smiled when she told him that he shared a lot in common with his ancestor, not so much because he cared anything about the man whose blood flowed in his veins. Whatever he meant to Krystal Alex had never heard of him until just now. It was more that he was happy to have her approval. He didn't have much to offer her for her assistance so it was nice to think that she got something out of just being in his presence.

After taking a moment to collect his thoughts Alex went ahead and spoke. "Should I expect that you've already come up with some way to prove the more fantastical elements of your story?" He asked, taking a sip of tea before explaining. "I get that Damien's known you a lot longer than he's known me and I've known him for ages. I don't have anything worth setting me up with a long con for and if you expected something tangible from me you certainly wouldn't show your hand right as I became homeless. Let's just say that I don't exactly believe you but I'm hoping you can change that." He told her. He wasn't exactly sure what he was expecting, largely because if she really had been around for hundreds of years he still had no idea what she was. For all he knew the only way to prove her story was to wait ten years or so and compare how he'd changed but she hadn't. Still, Alex wanted to believe, so he was hoping Krystal had some trick up her sleeve that'd put his doubts to rest.

Krystal's expression became contemplative for a moment, rubbing her chin slightly as she thought. She nodded at him. "Hmm, yes. I thought you mightent believe me. It is quite farfetched." She replied in a polite manner, her vernacular sounding much older than she appeared. She let out a soft sigh, hand on her chin once again as she thought. She stole a glance at him, happy memories of his ancestor running through her mind. They really were very much alike.

Krystal could only admit this to herself, but seeing him made her heart ache. It was in simple the simplest moves that alex made that reminded her more and more of xander. Even his voice was similar, though the vernacular had changed much over the years. She shuddered to think what it might sound like in a few hundred years more. She twirled s piece of hair on her finger, blushing only slightly. Maybe if she wore something more comfortable, she'd feel more comfortable.

Krystal gave him amother smile. "Watch this." She said simply as she took her hair down, then proceeded to concentrate slightly. In a matter of seconds her pretty oriental dress changed to hello kitty flannel pajamas with a matching bathrobe. She looked quite curious yet very cozy as shd watched him, wondrring what he might be thinking. There was no trick here, only magic.

He might not exactly have believed her but he found it hard to be worried about the knowledge that this might all just be an act with some ulterior motive behind it. It might be something to do with the way she used 'mightent' when she spoke. It rolled off her tongue so effortlessly that you couldn't tell she was acting, if that was really what was going on here, and it was sort of adorable.

What came next absolutely floored him. He'd seen magic on television enough time to have some idea how the quick change act worked. You wore clothing designed to be reversed or removed quickly to reveal what looked like a whole new outfit. The thing was, it took some sort of cover. A smoke screen, a brief step behind a curtain, or a rain of confetti was all it took but the trick always involved disappearing with one outfit and instantly reappearing in another. It most definitely did not involve an oriental dress morphing into hello kitty pajamas right in front of your eyes as the magician sat motionless in her chair.

Of course, there were answers which weren't magic. Holograms, intelligent materials, and numerous other things which were so far ahead of other technology that they would have been scarcely less impressive than magic. Right now, however, Alex was reminded that he did want to believe Krystal, so he chose to do just that.

Albeit with his jaw still slightly agape.

"That was amazing." He managed after he realized he was starring. He had to put two and two together a couple of times to reach all the implications of this. "Wait, so this means that Damien is magic too, right?" He asked before the big question dawned on him. "Can you teach me how to do that?" The centuries had done her at least one kindness. People no longer feared the fey. Not that Xander had ever feared her but the society he'd been part of hadn't exactly allowed for the unbridled excitement that came with finding out magic was real and you knew someone who could do it.

Krystal let out a soft melodic chuckle He was much more like his ancestor than even she had first though. She gave him a smile, taking a sip of her tea before she nodded, relaxing in the chair. "Indeed he is Alex. He is my third in command. He volunteered to be the one to look after Xander's descendants. Each time he would change his name and face, but every time it has been him." she explained, taking another sip of her tea. She really was amused to see how much he was like Xander.

Krystal gave him another smile. "Of course I can. it is a simple spell. It may require you becoming at least a fae though. While mortals have the capacity for magic, the fae are better ale to channel it. If you were half, the magic would come naturally." she sagely explained, twirling some hair around her finger. She was glad to know that it was no longer a stigma to have magic. Back in the time of Xander, she was being hunted. They wanted her dead for what she could do.

Back
Top Bottom