Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Tribute to the Dragon Lord (Gvon and KayLove)

She nodded at his kind words about being welcome not only under his wing but in his care, she didn't know how to answer but felt her cheeks flush. Elegra hid it best she could by tucking a piece of red hair behind her pointed ear and looking down to pick up smooth water beaten rocks she shined softly in the light pretending that they were the most interesting thing other than the dragon before her.

She looked up from her small rounded silver rock to catch blue eyes looking down at her form as he talked about how he found the waterfall. She smiled softly and looked away from the piercing blue eyes, "I can see why you stayed, Cain." she told him as she stood and stepped through his dragon made waterfall before gracefully diving from the rocks into the deeper end of the flowing river.

She let herself stay under for a moment longer than she usually did but soon swam to the top and began to tread water as she looked up at the white dragon, moving her hair from her face as bright green eyes looked up at him, "Come on, dragon! Join me!" she yelled up at him, she wondered for a moment if a dragon like him could swim, but she guessed that she was going to find out.

his smile remained on his muzzle when he saw her blush despite her attempts to hide it, even going so far as to pretend an examination of a rock below her. The silly Halfling probably thought he wouldn't notice but she was wrong. When she looked up, they locked eyes for a moment then she turned away again. "Yes, it is a very beautiful place, as well as it is useful. It is a good place to get clean but it also attracts many forms of animals for its fresh water to quench thirst. This whole area has proven to be good hunting grounds."

Cain watched curiously as she stepped out from under his wing only to jump back into the cool water of the river. He crossed his arms and tucked his wings back against his back while he waited for her to surface. It took longer than before but when she did come back up she yelled for him to come down there with her. He rolled his eyes and faked a tone of annoyance, "Fine, if I must." It was easily given away by his smirk and the look in his eyes as he moved to the edge. He didn't jump so much as he just stepped off, immediately falling into the water, making a small wave go out in all directions as he hit the surface. He let himself sink to the bottom, remaining there for a long time, holding a great breath in his powerful lungs. From down here he could see under her, revealing much more as her limited clothing flowed in the water. As much as he wanted to continue looking, she must think he'd sunk with how long he was under. He stopped his effort to remain on the bottom and slowly began to float up, letting out his breath as he breached the surface. "You've got me in the water, now what?"

She laughed at his fake tone, "I don't mean to twist your arm dragon but I doubt I could even if I tried," she responded with a laugh as he dropped into the water and let the wave from his jump wash over her. She laughed and spat water from her mouth as she waited for the dragon to come back up but as she waited her smile faded and as she soon began to think that maybe dragon's and water didn't mix. She was debating on weather or not to go down there and see for herself what he was doing but just as she was taking a breath she saw small bubbles rise to the surface and before long a white dragon bobbed before her.

"Well for one, I didn't think that it was that deep down there," she said the worry in her voice slowly fading, "And I mainly wanted to see if you could swim..." she said with a small laugh the lack of concentrating allowing for her to slip beneath the surface for a moment, ill prepared for the sudden water, seemed like her legs were getting tired from tired from the treading water, not like there was many opportunities for Elegra to practice her swimming skills at home.

Cain let out a soft laugh when he heard her doubt, "And why wouldn't I be able to swim? There are children that can do it easily. Besides its not me you should be worried about, you look like you are having some difficulty." He noted upon how she dipped for a moment. At this moment he decided to take it upon himself to help her. He swam toward her and picked her up in his arms bridal style and took her to a more shallow part. "I think we are done in the water, we are about as clean as we are going to get." Walking through the water now, he waited a moment and then let back down onto her feet. After she set down he moved out of the river and sat down in the soft grass at the side of it.

He looked to her and smiled while he rested. After a few moments he stood again. He closed his eyes and began to concentrate, letting loose his inner fire and channeling it. His entire body heated up and after moment it was hot enough that the water remaining on him began to evaporate, the steam floating off of his body. When he was done he quickly reigned in his fire and his body cooled down again. He sat down once more, his body now entirely dry as if he hadn't even been in the water. "It would be a shame if you were to catch a cold while you let yourself dry off, why don't you come here and let me keep you warm." He'd dried himself like he just did many times, thinking nothing of it. Now, he patted his lap, offering her a place to sit.

Before she could protest arms were under her legs and behind her back, "No, I was just fine, " she blatantly lied, very poorly. But it seemed she had no choice but to accept his notion that they get out of the cool waters, although she hadn't minded, as she was gently set back down and she rang out her long hair as well as the edge of her dress in the shallow water around her ankles.

For the first time Elegra noted that he dress was not doing much of anything in the way of covering her body, especially in the chest area seeing as soon as a soft breeze came by a shiver when down her spine and she quickly crossed her arms in front of her chest. She began to wonder how she was ever going to get dry as she too sat in the soft grass and watched as the dragon was literally steaming with how warm he was.

She couldn't help but smile at how content he looked. When he spoke she didn't see any negative sides to the suggestion, "You do seem to be a good source of warmth." she told him as she tentatively stood, her dress sticking uncomfortably to her body even more so, "I'm sure you hardly ever get cold." she noted as she sat in his lap, feeling small compared to him but she didn't mind as she laid her head upon his chest and curled up against him.

Back
Top Bottom