Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Star Wars! Calling all lovers of the EU

What Star Wars Era are you most interested in RPing in?

• Total voters

Rivine

Supernova
591b68b0-2619-43ad-bf65-d9868100ffb2.png

Greetings to all of you who view this thread! Hopefully you are someone who enjoys the main topic that shall be explored herein; Star Wars.

I know some of you might be wondering what the EU in the thread subject is about. Well it is not the European Union folks, I am talking about the Expanded Universe. In short, the Expanded Universe is a reference to all of the licensed works in books, TV, movies and games that helped to expand upon the Star Wars narrative, prior to the purchase of the franchise by Disney who promptly tossed everything out. Yes, I am slightly biased in that I believe they should not have tossed it all out, otherwise this thread probably would not exist!

Now, above you will find a poll stating various eras/periods/conflicts that took place within the timeline of the EU. You might wonder why there is a poll. Well the reason is fairly simple. I want to hear from you. The options on the poll are eras/periods/conflicts that I would like to base a lovely group RP in. But I want to know what others think.

Having said that, I am aware that the poll allows you to only vote once. So please, when you post your interest, do not hesitate to list your preferences in numerical order (1 being the highest).

Some of you might also be wondering what I have in mind for the various options when it come to a plot and such. So below you will find a brief synopsis of the idea I have for each option.

The Rule of Two

Resistance

The Rebellion Era

The Thrawn Campaign
In 9 ABY the New Republic is still in it's infancy. It has fought off remnants of the Empire so far, but when Imperial forces begin to coalesce around an Imperial Grand Admiral by the name of Thrawn, the New Republic finds itself threatened before it has even grown to maturity.

Victory Without War
It is (50-100) years after the Battle of Yavin and the Galaxy is at peace. The Galactic Alliance has protected the galaxy at large and prevented any major wars from occurring. Meanwhile the Galactic Empire is on the rise once more under the leadership of it's new Emperor, Jagged Fel, who rules with his Emperess Jaina Solo at his side. It has only been two years since the passing of the new Jedi Order's first Grandmaster, Luke Skywalker, who was succeed by Kyp Durron. The Sith have not been heard of in decades and many have forgotten about them. All seems to be well on the surface, but beneath it there is turmoil. Will you try and keep the peace or will you make the galaxy tear itself asunder?

Please feel free to PM me with any questions, suggestions or comments!

By 'Thrawn Campaign' I assume you mean the Zahn trilogy, which is basically the best series in all of the EU, with the X-Wing books coming in at a close second. Though I'll be honest my actual favorite era isn't listed there, as it's the time of peace before the NJO because I fell in love with the Solo kids when I first read the YJK and still can't let go of them. lolz

Sidenote your ideas aren't linked, but I'd love to find out what you have in mind. :)

No interest in the Yuzon Vong war?

I'm interested in maybe playing as Mara jade. Which I think limits be to civil war and thrawn if these are all your time frames.

Well thank you both for your interest! I am starting to get up some brief plot synopsis up for the various eras.

I'm not looking to limit us to characters from the books and other media, nor to only follow what is contained in them. I'm looking to expand and explore different dynamics. Having said that, people are welcome to play canons if they chose. Events will probably revolve around a base or ship for different factions, just to keep things a bit easier.

I can pull off Thrawn as well as Dark Side Jacen Solo or a single Sith/Dark Jedi. I totally agree the EU was amazing, I read everything up to the end of Legacy of the Force, Loved the Tales books of short stories.

If we do Thrawn I think it would be interesting to take place after the main battle of The Last command. Perhaps the outcome is different?

Back
Top Bottom