Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The lost chapters of the wasteland (Anzekoni x sam1113)

xAnzekonix

Moon
“Start log.” He said.

The year is 2583. It’s been 200 years since the bombs dropped in World War V, and humanity is finally starting to begin it reconstruction of its societies. The planet is a barren wasteland with barely any clean resources left. The water and soil is irradiated, the trees have dried up and crumbled everywhere except in what used to be northern Russia. Living has become hell for the human species all around the globe. There is no law other than “kill or be killed” on this god forsaken hell hole. There are rumors that there are a couple of factions attempting to regain the control that governments used to have, but I’ve yet to stumble across them. I hear they are friendly to those who aren’t feral. They even offer a place in their society of you can prove your worth and show you can contribute back to them. I personally think its complete bullshit, but I suppose anything is possible. I will close with saying that have found a place to sleep tonight. It’s an old warehouse that seems free of mutants and other hostile creatures. As well as the raiders. I haven’t seen one in three days so I think I’m moving away from the main group. I’ll give an update tomorrow on my progress of reaching Turnpike City. I hear it’s a human settlement that offers sanctuary to those in need. I’ve been making my way there since yesterday when I stumbled across a map hidden in a book at the last house I stayed at.

“End log.” He spoke as he laid back on his makeshift bed. He added his log to his list and shut off his gadget. He started to ponder the possibilities of settling down in Turnpike City. He could get a home, a community, and maybe even a companion. He sat up at the last thought and walked to find a sink to brush his teeth in. Luckily he had ran across a super market on his way here and found that some of it hadn’t been raided dry. He found some tooth paste, food, water, and even some packs of smokes. It was the little things in life that could make a day. He brushed his teeth with the expired tooth paste and went to go lay down and try to get some sleep for the trek tomorrow. He lit a cigarette with one of his matches and slowly inhaled its staleness. He would kill for a fresh pack, but in this word you could no longer be choosey. He thought about his adventures ever since leaving the compound underground that he grew up in. He had encountered murders, thieves, and whores trying to live by letting herself get fucked senseless by a society just so she wouldn’t have to live in the wasteland. The thought sickened him. He finally faded off to sleep and awoke when the sunrise snaked its way into the room and glared down onto his face.

He rubbed his eyes and he stretched out on his bed trying to will himself to get up. Finally he did and he packed his gear. He carried everything on his back in one of those old hiking backpacks that he found in a Supercenter. It was one of the best back packs he’d ever had. It was designed to take a lot of strain off your back and place it at your hips to allow you to carry quite a bit without tiring quickly. He finally had everything and headed to the door he had come in from. He clipped his compass to his belt loop and stuck the map in his back pocket. He lit a cigarette as he approached the door and took his first inhale when he walked through the threshold. He looked up at the sun and saw that once again it was still dimmed by the layer of dust that enveloped the earth now. It wasn’t a terrible thing. It still allowed enough sun to penetrate and give its nutrients to the soil, but kept it somewhat shady all the time so if was always cool and windy in the wasteland. Occasionally the sun would peek through the layer of dust and you could see the area that was lit all the way from the ground up. He checked his map and looked at where he had marked his last location and his current. He used his compass to find east and started out into the wasteland to continue his journey.

"Elizabeth! You're not one of the missionaries you're a harvester!" the old woman yelled across the room at the young adult holding a gun in one hand and a knife in the other. She let out a small sigh and shook her head, placing the knife and gun down, "we don't need more harvesters! We need missionaries to hold off the raiders!" Elizabeth exclaimed and with one hard look from the old woman, Lizzie huffed and turned towards the garden.

Elizabeth was a 20 year old woman, grew up in a settlement, a settlement that protected it's people as long as they gave back. Her parents were killed by raiders and this group of people took her in, raising her. From the start she was a bit of a rebel, always wanting to help out where they actually needed it unlike the harvesting she usually did.

She left the weapons on the table and headed outside to the garden, grabbing an apron and tying it around her waist as she started to pick the different vegetables, keeping her clothes clean. She was wearing cargo pants and a black tanktop, her red curls tied back in a ponytail. She just wanted to finish up her chore for the day so she could help out with the lookout.

As the day rolled on Michael kept a careful lookout. He watched his surroundings cautiously; always on alert. He was on the lookout for the monsters that inhabited the wasteland just as much as raiders. He’d encountered both and would prefer to not have to deal with either. He checked his map again and saw the mountain on there in front of him. He needed to follow along the coast for what looked like 4 miles and then he would be less than three hours away from Turnpike City. He grabbed his canteen from his pack and drank small of mount of water to moisten his dry throat. He rested on a rock at the base of the mountain and took out a can of beans and used his knife to open the shiny lid. He ate his lunch and threw his backpack back on his back and tightened hit boot laces that had managed to loosen themselves. He really didn’t need a sprained ankle to deal with right now when he was so close to the city.

He followed the mountain checking his map every thirty minutes or so to check his location, and to make sure he was on the right path. After two hours he arrived at a sign that was on the map, and according to it he had to turn left and walk until he found the fork in the road. After that there was a manhole hidden under some bushes that let directly to the city entrance. It was then that it started to rain. “Fuck my luck.” He said aloud, he lit a cigarette and began his walk to the fork. He finally reached the fork and spent twenty or so minutes looking under bushed to find the manhole. Finally he found it and slid it open and crawled in, sealing it back before he climbed the ladder down. The rain had thoroughly soaked him and he was starting to get a little cold. He’d rather not get sick so he changed out of his wet clothes with an extra outfit in his pack. Once he was dressed and ready to go he set off to find the end of the tunnel. After an hour or two he saw the end and began to jog to it in excitement. “Finally!” He exclaimed. He climbed out and saw the gated community that was Turnpike City. He walked up to the gate and tried to find a way to buzz somebody to let them know he was there but couldn’t find anything. It was then that a hostile voice yelled down for him to back up and put his hands on his head.

Elizabeth did finish her chores quickly and with the approval of their "leader" and she grabbed her weapons and headed out to keep watch. She heard the guy next to her calling out to someone and she headed over as well, seeing the man out there. He seemed to be alone but we had to take him in and ask certain questions and have him be watched before we determine if he's safe or not.

She heads down with the older, taller man, Jacob. He was about 30 but one of the best watchmen, the rest could barely hold their weapons right. Elizabeth learned how to use most of her own weapons by him. They get through the gate and see him up close and personal for the first time. She watches him carefully with her small handgun out while Jacob clears the man of weapons. When they're sure he's cleared the pair bring him inside and straight into a room. There were a few chairs and some desks.
"Elizabeth watch him, I'm going to get Derrick."
Derrick was the "leader" of the area. It was actually Jacob who started the whole settlement of Turnpike City but Derrick took over once he realized they were going to need a leader.

Elizabeth looked to the stranger with a curious glow in her eyes, "where did you come from?" she asks, even though she knew she wasn't supposed to be talking to him. Derrick was to do a interrogation; find out if he was a raider, one of the monsters they've all heard about, or if he was genuinely looking for a place to stay.

Back
Top Bottom