Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Only One Not Interested (OnnaOtaku and Josu_T)

When Alexa asked if she could stay up at the front of the bus with him he chuckled. "Hey, you're the star. It is your tour, your tour bus. You can sit wherever you want to sit. Me being here should not prevent you from sitting here." He was a bit happier. The length of time that she had gone without annoying him had started to improve his idea of who she really might be.

Alexa smiled a bit and began to unwrap the bar, making sure to keep it quiet and hidden. "So Brian..." she began. "How have you been since school ended and everything...?"

Brian was not very surprised when Alexa asked what things had been like. He spent a little time describing all that he had done. He told her about all the life experience he'd had. He also told her how he had got into the business and about some of the tours he had run. When he finished he smiled and looked over at her. "So, I know most of what you have been up to. I am just wondering how you got your big break into the industry."

"Remember that school talent show?" she asked, curling her legs up in the seat as she turned to face him. "There were a few agents there and when I performed the song I did, they just enjoyed it so much they spoke to me after wards." She smiled as she spoke but it slowly faded away. "But they told me they wanted a different style after a few weeks so I switched to pop like they suggested and that was the way I got here. I conformed for the fame, I guess...probably stupid in the long run."

Brian nodded when she told him where she had got her break. He was surprised it had been that early. What disappointed him was the fact that she sold out. she had given up her style and personality just so she could be famous. He was sure she would have been famous anyway with her real style of music. He just worried that by now she was fully a pop star and couldn't go back to her roots. He sighed and couldn't say anything. He looked out the window and watched as the last few people got back on the bus. The engine soon sumbled to life again and they were getting back on the road.

Alexa leaned back against the seat and closed here eyes a little. Yeah, she screwed up again...but what could she do? She told him what had happened and she knew it was stupid an a large mistake. But it was too late now. She sighed softly and opened her eyes, looking back towards Brian.

Brian didn't look over at Alexa. He knew that the decision had been made long ago but it didn't stop him from being dissapointed. She didn't seem to make any effort to put her roots into any of her songs. He simply let out a slight sigh and looked out the window as the world passed by. He had no idea of what he could do. He would just need to get through the tour and he could do whatever he wanted in the company.

"So what's the room situation?" she asked him, trying to think of something. She wanted to keep talking with him, but it seemed that they were running out of things to say. She couldn't believe she fell back to talking about rooms though...why did it have to be something stupid like that?

Brian still looked out the window as she asked about the rooms. He had to smile a bit about that. She was worried about something so minor. He shrugged at first and then explained it to her. "You get one of the best suites on the top floor of the hotel. It is all to yourself. Your manager is down a few floors in a basic room. The band and all other people that will be with us for the whole tour will be on a floor of their own a couple below you. I will be on the top floor a few rooms away from you. I hope all of that is ok for you."

Alexa nodded, watching him. "That's fine," she told him. "Works pretty well," she added. At least she was away from her manager. That means she could at least have a little bit of fun in the room. Even if she was along in it.

Brian nodded. It had been a fairly simple thing to set up. The only thing he didn't like was being on the same floor as her. He would rather not, but knew he should be there for easy access. If she needed anything she could go to his room and he could get someone to do whatever she wanted. Of course, if she got too annoying he could always ignore her knocking and calling and she could just get her manager to do things for her.

He stayed quiet for a little longer and then finally looekd over at her. "So, are you ready for your tv appearances coming up soon? You've got a couple of big shows to do. They will be great for promotion."

Alexa shrugged a little. "Um...I think I am," she told him honestly. "They're getting me pretty nervous, but I think I'll be ready for them. I should be at least." She smiled a little and took one of the last few bites of the candy bar. "I'm sure I'll be fine when I get to them though." Or, that was what she was telling herself at this point.

Brian chuckled. "Don't worry about it. You do know that you will go through numerous rehearsals during the day. Also, most of those shows are not even live. They happen in the afternoon and you will have plenty of time. Just relax. You will do fine." He gave her a slight smile. As long as she was herself she would be fine. He had to be confident. Everything had to go perfect during the tour.

With a small nod, she smiled again, accepting that. "Sounds good," she told him, her tone a bit happier then it was before. "It'll be fun," she told herself aloud. "Hard, but fun."

Brian had accompished his job again. Alexa was making it easy. He was a little surprised by that. She was easier to deal with than anticipated. It was amazingly simple to keep her happy. He still wasn't completely thrilled with the job he had to do, but he was not regretting taking it any more. That was a sure step in the right direction. He sat in silence for a couple of minutes and then looked over at her again. "Do you feel like playing cards or something. Just to kill some time."

Alexa looked towards him and smiled. "Cards would be fun," she told him happily, shifting in her seat slightly. "I'm all for playing cards for a bit."

Brian nodded and smiled. He reached over and grabbed a deck of cards. He spent a minute shuffling then he put them down on the table in front of them. He looked at Alexa. "So, what do you feel like playing? I know a lot of games so whatever you want is fine with me."

Alexa got up and switched to the other side of the table. "Texas hold em?" she asked, leaning forward onto the table. "Or should it be something more like go fish?" she teased with a smirk.

Brian chucked, rolled his eyes, and dealt the cards. He glanced up at her and had just one question. "So how are we going to play this? Poker does not really work unless you are betting something. You picked the game, so explain what you had in mind for betting."

Alexa sat back, thinking. What could they bet? "Hm...how about we bet..." Why couldn't she think of anything? This should be easy to bet. Her first idea was just money, but things should be more interesting then that. "How about just money for now? And if we think of something later, we'll bet for it."

Brian waited for her to pick soemthing. When she said money at first he nodded. That was fine with him. They both probably also had enough to bet without problems. He started to think of things he would consider betting other than money. He knew that one typical item was clothing, but he didn't have much of an interest in playing strip poker with her. Sure, she was attractive, but he could barely stand her normally now, so he didn't like that option. He got a couple of other ideas and would save them for later if needed. He grabbed a piece of paper to record their bets and then looked at his cards. "Let's start low. I bet five dollars. No real need for us to be wasting a ton of money."

Back
Top Bottom