Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Only One Not Interested (OnnaOtaku and Josu_T)

Brian worked for the rest of the afternoon. Just before it was time to go, Alexa's manager came in with the work he had give him. He lookde over it and made some comments. He then thanked the man and told him he could go. The moment he was out the door, Brian ran it all through the shredder. He laughed to himself a little and got back to his work. Once he was sure everyone was gone he closed up the office and left. He did a walk through of the building and then checked in with the janitor and then the security officer. Once he was sure it was closed down for the night he left and went home to make himself dinner and get to bed early.

Alexa was waiting outside, her manager was already gone. She was wearing a pair of ear buds in her ears as she softly sang along, drumming her fingers on the strap of her bag. She seemed to be slightly out of it as she stood to the side of the door, rocking back and forth slowly.

Brian exited the door and noticed Alexa standing there on her own. That confused him. He stopped and looked at her. She seemed to be lost in thought or something. He cleared his throat to try getting her attention. Then he spoke to her. "Hey, what are you waiting for? Didn't a car come to pick you up? You shouldn't be out here alone? If you really need a ride I can give you one." He really didn't want to, but he couldn't leave her there alone.

Alexa glanced over and smiled, pulling the headphone from her ear. She slowly shook her head. "It did, but I sent it away," she told him. "I wanted to walk home tonight but I was caught up with the look of the street." She looked back towards it and watched as a few people passed. "I probably shouldn't be out alone, but it's a little too late to worry about that now," she added with a small laugh. "I'm just having fun standing here right now."

Brian listened to what she was saying. It was a stupid idea for her. He sighed. He turned toward the parking lot and gave her a wave indicating she should go with him. He glanced back. "Come on. I'll give you a ride. Next time don't even think about walking, at least not without a bodyguard or someone with you. You're a famous singer. Don't be stupid."

She sighed before following him, slowly shaking her head. "I hate that," she muttered, following him to his car. "All I want to do is take a walk," she complained with a groan.

Brian rolled his eyes and got into his car. He made sure she got in and then started driving her home. He glanced over at her as he drove. "You may want to take a walk, but you need to do it with protection. If anything happened to you a lot of people would be upset and a lot of record label employees would lose their jobs for not making sure you were protected. You need to promise me you will not go anywhere without protection. If you want, I can hire you a personal body guard."

Alexa leaned back in her seat, staring out the side window. "Fine," she muttered in agreement, despite how much she hated it. "You don't have to, I'll just use the one I keep loosing..."

Brian sighed. She was so stubborn. He made up his mind. He was going to hire a body guard to follow her around secretly. She would be protected whether she liked it or not. He was not about to have her get hurt, mugged, or anything else. He would make a couple of phone calls once he got home. At the moment he just focused on getting Alexa to her home.

When they arrived at her place, he pulled over and stopped the car. He looked over at her. He made sure she knew he was being serious. "You need to stick with your body guard. If you don't, I may have to cancel the tour completely. Do you understand me?"

Her eyes narrowed slightly before she looked away and nodded. "I understand that," she told him firmly. "I will from now on."

Brian knew Alexa was not happy with him and what he was telling her. He didn't care. She needed to stay with her body guard or else he and a lot of other people might lose their jobs, and Alexa might get hurt. He let her get out of the car in front of her house and gave a quick wave before driving home. Once home he made himself dinner and then did a few personal things before going to bed.

Alexa returned the wave before she started up towards the door of her apartment building, quickly taking the elevator up to the 5th floor and going into her apartment. There she started up something for dinner, one of the normal foods that she had snuck in and threw on a movie, ready to curl up in her bed, eat then finally sleep. The day had been long and tiring for her but in the end, she figured it would all be worth it.

Brian had no problem getting to sleep. He had a good rest and woke when the alarm went off. After his regular morning routine he got in his car and drove down to the studio. He planned to stop at the rehearsal for a while later, but he had other things to deal with first.

Once in his office he picked up his phone and started calling some numbers. He contacted numerous body guards. In the end he hired two to follow Alexa around secretly. One was going to act as someone in the show to stay near her. The other would just follow in secret. He made sure both knew about the other.

Alexa's night was relaxing and calm and when she woke up, she quickly got ready for the day. And once that was done, she left her apartment, taking her normal car to the studio.

It was around noon when Brian finally left his office and went over to the rehearsal hall so he could check on how things were going. He didn't really want to, but he needed to make sure the star was happy and that practice was going well. He got over there a little while later and entered the building, looking for Alexa.

Alexa was sitting on the edge of the stage as the back up dances her practicing. She seemed to be scribbling something down in a notebook, pausing to think, then writing again.

Brian sighed as he saw all the dancing and heard all the music that was playing. The performing was good, but he didn't like it at all. He forced himself to walk over to Alexa. He cleared his throat and inturupted her writing. "Hey, I'm here to just check on how things are going. Any problems you need me to help out with? Or can I get back to my office?"

She looked up, her hand still writing as she listened to him. "Nope, things are fine," she told him with a smile. "Thanks for asking though."

Brian shrugged and nodded. If there was nothing going wrong, there was no reason for him to be there. He made his way out. On the way he noticed the men who matched the pictures he had of the body guards he had hired. They were busy making sure Alexa stayed safe. He smiled and went back to his office to continue working.

The practice day continued, tiring Alexa out by the end of the day. She was so wiped out and all she wanted to do was get home and sleep. But of course, her manager had something else she had to do first.

Brian returned to the rehearsal studio at the end of the day. He needed to make sure things were shut down properly. He also wanted to make sure that Alexa hadn't found out about and ditched her new bodyguards. He also wanted to see if her known body guard was still around. He looked around to see who was still there.

Alexa was still there, speaking with her manager, who seemed to be rather pissed about something she had said or done. Or didn't do. But Alexa was calm, or seemed to be, as her back faced the tempered man, her arms crossed in front of her chest, just waiting for it to be over.

Brian saw Alexa there with her manager who didn't seem happy. He didn't care. He just continued looking around. All three bodyguards seemed to still be in the area looking after Alexa. That was good. He took a moment to tell her regular body guard about the back ups. That way if he spotted them he would not panic. Brian made sure everything was getting shut down properly and then left. He trusted the bodyguards enough to get Alexa home safely.

((Should we now jump ahead to the start of the tour?))

The bus ride was hell. With the loud band in the back, already drinking what was in the fridge, Alexa had no hope for peace to concentrate on the new lyrics she had to finish up. She knew Brian was in the front of the bus away from the rest of them, probably with as much quiet as there would be on the bus. Even though she knew he didn't want to speak or even see her, she had to get away from the noise. She stood up with a sigh, grabbing the notebook from the table and starting over towards him. "Hey Brian?" she asked, smiling a little. "Do you mind if I sit up here with you?"

Brian worked hard leading up to the time for the tour to start. He made sure everything was planned out perfectly. Every possible ticket and back stage pass had been sold for the first few shows. Advertisement was in full force. Everyone knew where and when Alexa would be playing. Tickets were in such high demand that they were able to announce one price and hold back some tickets and release them at a higher price a few days later. On the performance front, everything and everyone was ready. Soon came the day they had to leave on the bus.

Brian got on the bus last, once he made sure everything was loaded. He sat up at the front where he knew it would stay quiet. He relaxed as the large vehicle started to move. For a while he was left alone. Then Alexa arrived. He looked up as she asked if he minded her being up there. He shrugged and nodded before moving some papers and other things off a seat to give her a spot to sit. He didn't really want her there, but he couldn't just tell her to go away. He just hoped she was quiet and didn't bother him.

Back
Top Bottom