Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Only One Not Interested (OnnaOtaku and Josu_T)

Brian was surprised by the theme, but nodded. He would have to wait to hear the song choices before fully understanding how it would work out. He then listened and watched as she explained the other stage designs she would want. He heard her requests, made a few notes, and then nodded to her. "Yeah, that is fine. If that is all, I think we can work with that. I can send all this stuff to the artist. Now I want to know what you want the back stage to look like and whether you will need costumes, dancers, what sort of band you need backing you, opening acts, and what you want your dressing room to be like."

The singer paused to think before nodding and beginning to explain. She needed the basic band, a guitar, drums, bass and asked for a piano just in case. They would probably be used so it would be nice to have one. Her costumes were simple, mainly things that she already had or things that she could get fixed up on her own. A few dancers were needed, but they could be gotten pretty quickly, or so she thought. And as for the dressing room and opening acts...the dressing room she didn't care about. "But for opening acts, I want local bands to the city. Someone can probably be sent ahead to screen the bands that audition and the most popular and talented ones will do the opening acts in each city."

Brian took notes and made sure he had all her requests. She seemed to be relatively easy to prep for. The hardest things would be the stages. He would give her a costume deisgner anyway, just in case. He would also give her a list of typical dressing room set ups so she could pick one and tweak it slightly so it would be perfect for her. The local bands were fine for opening acts. He nodded to her. "We don't need to send someone out ahead of time. The label has people in most cities that are hired to just scout local talent in the city and towns near by. I can get you an extensive list of possibilities with demo tapes and cds for you to listen to. Some even have videos of their performances. You can pick the ones that will go best with your vision of your concerts." He paused for a moment and looked over his notes, then smiled up at her. "I think this is everything we need. I need you to send me some music to get a better idea of the theme, and I will be sending you many things over the next couple of weeks. We probably won't see eachother for another week, but you will be hearing from me."

Alexa nodded and smiled. "Alright then," she said. "I'll be waiting to hear from you soon then." She stood up and bowed her head a little. "I'll send over the better designs to you tomorrow, alright? They'll have the other backgrounds better."

Brian smiled at her. "Ok, Once I get them I'll pass them on to the artist right away. I guess this is it. I'll see you in a couple of weeks." He held out is hand to her for a handshake. He held the smile, but it was mostly there because soon he wouldn't have to deal with her anymore, at least not for a couple of weeks. He didn't hate her, but he didn't like who she had become. It was a person that he didn't really want to spend too much time around.

Alexa gave him her hand and gently shook his with a smile and a nod. "I'll get then to you then," she told him. "Then I'll see you later when the tour gets closer." Taking her hand back, she lowered her head slightly then turned to leave. "Thank you, by the way," she told him happily. "This is going to be a great tour."

Brian shook her hand and nodded to her. After she let go, he opened the door to his office for her. "Yes, I think it will be a great tour as well. I will do all I can to make it the best I can for you. You can count on me." It did look like a good tour on paper, but any well planned tour could turn out differently once it got started. He still expected this one to go very well.

She nodded then left the room, smiling. She quickly made her way home so she could get started sending over the pictures that had to be sent. That took not even half an hour and, along with the well designed pictures, she sent a small email message along.

Brian,
I'm sorry about my 'girlfriend' comment today. I didn't mean to upset you, but it was a honest question. I know you might not accept this, but at least I'm letting you know.

I was really wondering though. When do you get done with work normally? Or could you ever take a break? Like for dinner? I want to catch up with you a bit, outside of your office. We were really good friends (or so I thought) in middle school but in high school, we drifted apart. Our jobs didn't really help that, I guess. If you ever get free time, send me a message or call me. XXX-XXX-XXXX.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Alexa ^3^

After Alexa left, Brian closed the door and leaned up against the back of it. He'd survived the two days and they nad not been that bad. He sat and relaxed for a while before sending things to many different places and making many phone calls. An hour later, he checked his emails. He saw one from Alexa. He focused on the attached pictures first, sending them off to the artist. Then he read the message. Her appology was nice. The rest he had to read a couple times. He then shook his head with a sigh. That wasn't going to happen. He sent a quick reply.

Alexa

I am sorry to say that the weeks before a tour that I am planning result in me having absolutely no time. I work from early in the morning to late in the day and take trips to the first cities to make sure preparations are being made, as well as look at the possible opening acts. I will most likely not have any time to spend out at lunch or on a break.

Brian

After working on the new song, picking it apart and trying to perfect it, Alexa looked back at her email. "Yeah, I figured," she muttered and typed one back.

Brian,
Sure, that makes sense. I'll see you when we leave then. If you have any other questions call or email me and I'll get you the answers quickly.

I'm happy to be working with you!

Alexa ^3^

Brain got the return email and read it. He closed it, showing no emotion. He simply continued to work. After every email and phone call had been made, he went home. He then made a more important phone call to his ex-girlfriend. He spoke with her for a while and they had a nice conversation. They set up a time to meet over dinner. Brian was happy. After they finally hung up the phone, he ate a quick dinner and went to bed.

Over the next two weeks, Brian did all he could to perfect the tour plans. He took trips to most of the cities on the tour list so he could confirm the plans in person. It was his style. He liked to meet with people so create the personal connection so they gave him the best product or service they could. Once he was sure that everything was set and going well, he sent a message to Alexa telling her he was ready to meet and show her the final plans and preparations being made.

Alexa quickly worked it out then met on the correct date.

When she got to the office the girl knocked on the door then went inside, smiling at Brian. "So it's done?" she asked, not trying to be rude about it. She was so excited about this whole tour, she couldn't wait for it to start.

Brian sat in his office, on his computer, still talking with many people and getting updates about the progress of projects. He heard the knock on the door and looked up. When Alexa entered, he gave a smile that he tried to make look sincere. She looked very excited. She asked if it was done and he shook his head. "It is never done until the final show is done. Even then, I'll have work to do. Anyway, it is all in motion and going perfectly. Now it is time for you to start doing rehersals. We have many possible dancers and musicians for you to choose from. You will pick the group that will go with you on the tour, always with possible changes and guest appearances, but you need to start rehearsing." He laid it out there simply. That was why he had called her there. He would show her how everything was going. He also had a few things to tell her and let her decide on. He had possible tv appearances for her on talk shows of various kinds.

She nodded and sat down to listen to it all. "Well this'll take quite a while then," she said with a small nod. "Alright, but in the end, it'll be great." She didn't know what else to mention other then that. It seemed to be enough at that moment, but from there she was slightly confused.

Brian started by showing her how everything was going so far. He told her that the stages were being made on schedule and that dress rehersals could be made a week before the first concert. He went over all the personell that she had to choose from, narrowing down the options. He went over all the preparations and all the promotion that was going on. That was when he brought up the final topic. "I would like you to make some tv appearances. We need one or two before the tour starts, and then we can do some during the tour. I would like to see you do a daytime talk show of some sort and one of the late night shows within the next couple of weeks. I have contacted many and they would all like to have you. I have a list for you to choose from. Then, based on where we are in the tour and what time we have available, you can go on others during the tour. All those are on the list and you can make whatever choice you want."

Alexa took the list and quickly narrowed it down to three columns, the ones she wanted, the ones she would like and the ones she refused to do. "Here's the list," she said, handing it back with a small smile. She understood the rest of what he had said and didn't have much to say about it. "I hate to make you do all this work," she muttered and looked down at some of the papers on the desk in front of her.

Brian had to smile and laugh a little at her muttered comment. "You're not making me do all this work, the label is. This is my job, and I enjoy doing it. So don't worry about anything. If there is something you want for the tour, tell me and I will get it done, no matter what it takes."

She smiled as an idea came over her mind. "Opening night, I want a llama backstage. I want it white with light brown patches and it better have food. Can you do that one?" It was just a test for him. If he could do it, then he really could do anything for the tour.

Brian looked at her as a strange smile appeared on her face. Her demand surprised him. He thought for a moment. He was fairly sure she didn't really want it, but he wanted to prove he could get her anything. He picked up his phone, dialed a number, and waited for the person on the other end to pick it up. Luckily they did. He grinned.

"Hey, Anne. Its Brian from Eclipse. Yeah, that's right. Haha, with the duck, yeah, that was funny. Anyway.....oh, yeah, that was hilarious. Crazy monkey. Anyway, I'm calling on business. Yes, I need a llama. Yeah, I know, strange. I have a very strange artist demanding some crazy things. Yeah, just like them. No, it isn't them again. Someone different. Anyway, they want it back stage. They want one that is white with light brown patches. They also want food for it. If anyone in that city can get me that, its you. What do you think? ................You can? Perfect. I'll tell them right away and get back to you with the exact date and location that we need it. I'll talk to you soon Anne. Yeah, bye." He hung up the phone and looked at Alexa. "Well, its done. You will have a llama backstage on opening night. As long as you still want it, that is. Just so you know, I have a contact for everything in every city. I know people everywhere that can get me anything at all."

She watched him in awe and smiled when it was done. "Oh wow, you are amazing," she said with a smile. "Sadly, I don't actually need it, but that was great anyway. I now believe you." She nodded a bit. "I don't need anything else right now," she told him. "I'll tell you if I think of anything important though."

Brian watched Alexa's reaction and smiled. She seemed impressed, but to him it was just his job. He wasn't surprised when she said she didn't need it. She then said she didn't need anything else. He nodded. He gave her a file with all the info for her to look over if she wanted at any point in time. "Here, this is yours. Take it home and keep it. If you see anything missing, or anything not needed, or want to add anything, tell me. I will have to call Anne back and tell her the llama is not needed. She will be dissapointed. Whenever artists want animals, it is always funny. She enjoys seeing the events that follow. Are you sure you don't want a llama?" He grinned at her as he picked up the phone. He started to dial, watching her, trying to make it obvious he was joking.

Thinking, she shook her head. "On second thought, I'll keep the llama. Then I'll do something with it. It'll probably be worth it in the end." With a smile she shrugged. "Why not. Maybe more people will show up after wards because of it."

Brian laughed a little and put down the phone. He really didn't want a llama back stage at any time for any reason. He smiled at her. "I don't know if you have thought about this enough. Just so you know, llamas and other animals similar to it, like to spit. I'll let you give it some real thought and get back to me. Other than that, I can't think of anything else we need to discuss. You can go if you want."

Alexa smiled and let out a small laugh. "Maybe it can spit on my manager for me," she joked and shrugged a little. "I know they spit but it would be fun to have anyway." She paused to think then shook her head. "Nope, I can't think of anything ether." Standing up from the seat she smiled at Brian. "Thanks again for this. I'll see you when the tour begins then?"

Brian laughed at her joke and sat back in his chair. She stood up and asked him about when she would see him next. He shook his head. "I am going to see you sooner. I will be stopping in to your rehearsals every once in a while to see what is going on and how it is all going. So I will see you sooner. Have a nice night and a good start to rehearsals."

Back
Top Bottom