Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Only One Not Interested (OnnaOtaku and Josu_T)

With a smile, Alexa took his hand and rose from the seat before firmly shaking his hand. "You're welcome," she said, a small laugh in her voice. "I'll see you tomorrow then." Taking her hand back, she adjusted her skirt a little before walking towards the door and peeking out into the hall. There was no sign of her manager which made her smile only grow and with a nod, she left the room.

So the day had gone well. She had her tour plotted out finally, gotten good, greasy food and was away from her manager. It seemed nearly perfect in her mind. The only thing that could have been better was if Brian didn't seem to hate her as much. She'd have to work on that one. Wandering down the hall, Alexa began to think and hum, trying to figure out new lyrics for a new song which would premier during the first concert. It slowly began to fit together right about the time her strict manager had found her and quickly dragged her home.

After Alexa left his office, Brian cleaned up the map and everything else. He put it aside and turned off the lights on his way out. He drove home right away. Once he got there, he went and made himself dinner. It had been a long day and the next day would also be long.

He ate while listening to some of Alexa's music so he could get a better idea of how the tour should go. He struggled through an entire cd. He sighed when it finished. Why did she have to sing that junk? Why couldn't she do stuff like she had years before? That brought him back. He smiled as he searched through a box. He found the cd he was looking for. It was a middle school show in which Alexa had sung one of the first songs she had ever written. It was very different from her current style. He listened to it a few times. When he finished the fourth repetition, he turned it off and went to bed.

That night, Alexa stayed up until at least 2, trying to write out a new song. She wanted it done by tomorrow just in case she had to change it at all. But that was soon done and she fell into her bed, falling asleep directly. Memories of her middle school year flowed back inside of her mind, reminding her of the girl that she once was. Why had she changed? From dark rock to pink pop...what was wrong with her? Those thoughts haunted her all night and even into the morning.

The girl quickly got ready, putting on her normal image for the day. Her limo arrived outside of her home and took her directly to the studio.

In the morning Brian woke and made himself breakfast. He gathered a few things he needed for the day and then went in to the office. He arrived early and entered his office. He cleared his desk and put everything from the file on it. He spred it out so it was all easily accessible. They would need it all that day. He also put out some blank sheets of paper he could use. Once it was set up, he sat and relaxed, waiting for Alexa to arrive so they could finish planning the tour.

About half an hour later, Alexa came into his office, or at least the door way. She gently knocked on the door before fully entering with a smile. "Good morning," she happily greeted him, noting that everything was already spread out. "How did you sleep?" she asked, moving towards the desk and sitting in one of the chairs.

Brian heard the knock on his door and stood up. Alexa entered with her usual smile, but without her typical entrance. He was happy about that. She asked how his sleep was and he joined her at the desk, but stayed standing next to it. He looked at her and smiled slightly. "I slept well. How was your night? I hope you got a good sleep. Today is going to be full of discussing many things, but at the end of it, we should have your tour planned. How does that sound?"

"My night was alright," she told him with a nod and a smile. "But yes! That sounds perfect. Let's go ahead and get on with this then." Alexa was so eager to get this tour ready. Then the next step after that would be to actually perform it, but she knew that would have to wait.

Brian smiled and nodded. He decided to begin discussing dates. He had a large list of all the concert locations they had picked and the days that were available for them to hold a concert there. He started in the first city. The first concert would be held on the day that the tour was scheduled to start. He marked that down to go with the location they had picked. He then followed the line from that city to the next. He read the possible dates to her and waited for a response, then did that for each city, giving suggestions for concert spacing and to allow time to travel, rest, and do a few extra things.

Alexa nodded, agreeing with most things. There were a few things that she argued against, but she wasn't too unreasonable with her requests. Taking notes, just like the did the other day, the singer nodded, paying attention to what was offered and asked out. She wrote out all of the information that she needed about the hotels and such so she could look them all up later.

When it took only a couple of hours to select concert dates, Brian was extremely happy. He went back to the first city. He started discussing possible hotels. He told her about what each one was like and how close or far it was from the concert loaction and other things she'd stated she was interested in seeing or doing. He also talked about the rooms in each hotel. He gave her options and then waited for her choice. He also took the time to then discuss transportation in and out of each city. There were a few options for each one. The label had its own private jet, but it could not be used by only one artist for an entire tour, so he'd been told that only a handful of the trips could be made by private jet. The other options were good though. He went through them all with her, discussing trip length for each method.

Listening to everything she said, Alexa made her choice of the smaller suites in the hotels and the easier, transportation that would still be away from the public. The last thing she wanted was to be caught during her tour.

After a couple of hours, they had the hotels and transportation figured out. Brian was becomming very happy now. It would only be a few more hours and then they would be done. he put down his pen and smiled happily at Alexa for once. "This is going really well. It is about time for lunch though. What would you like today? I'll get it brought in again." He picked up the phone and dialed an internal number to get an intern who could bring them food.

"Chinese?" Alexa asked, standing up to stretch. Since she was wearing pants today, instead of a skirt, she took the chance to lean backwards, letting her back crack at a few spots up her spine. With a soft, satisfied groan, she stood back up and looked towards Brian with a sweet smile. "If that's alright with you."

Brian heard her request and nodded. As she stretched, he told the intern what to get for them. He put down the food and smiled at Alexa again. "Its already been ordered. Lets sit and relax for a little while until the food gets here. We have plenty of time to finish the last few things." He sat down and leaned back. He was tempted to put his feet up, but didn't.

The singer nodded and leaned back in her chair a bit, lifting her feet up onto the second chair next to her. Her head leaned back slightly and her eyes closed, a small smile tugging on her lips. "So how have you been?" she asked, looking towards Brian a little.

When Alexa asked him how he had been he started thinking about the years that had passed since middle school. He started explaining about high school. Then college, a good number of years. It was there that he had met his first real girlfriend and had a real relationship. She had left for graduate school in another city. They had hoped to meet up again some day. Yet, they never had. Then he had started planning some events. A year later, he planned a small three city tour for a local band. The band had a great tour and got the notice of a label. Brian had caught the notice of someone too. He got a job working for a tour planner. Within a year, he had moved up again. After that he got a job with the record label. It had been a good life, but something was missing. He finished talking just as the intern arrived with the food. He took it and placed it on the table. He let Alexa have first choice.

She scanned over the food a bit before grabbing the item closest to her and started to eat slower then yesterday. It was almost as if she was doing it on purpose too. "So she ditched you for school?" Alexa asked. "Was she a real nerd or did she go for some guy there? Or a teacher perhaps?" She wasn't thinking and by the time she could, it was already out. Alexa knew the glare was going to come...

Brian started eating. He was a little surprised that she asked him about his first girlfriend. He had talked about many other things, yet for some reason she decided to question why she left. He frowned at her, staring for a moment. He spoke slowly, his teeth slightly clenched. He wasn't happy with her.

"I'll have you know, I stay in contact with her. She remained single through grad school and we talked a lot during that time. She got a boyfriend for a little while in her final year, but that didn't last. In fact, whenever I'm in her city, we go on a date. We happen to be going there on your tour. I will be giving her a call to tell her. So no, she didn't go for some guy there, and definitely not a teacher. She wasn't that kind of girl. She left to get a good education and I supported her." When he finished, he looked down at his food and started to eat, not really wanting to talk to Alexa anymore.

Rolling her eyes, Alexa sat back and continued to eat. 'Temper,' she thought as she looked into the container and scrapped a bit of rice from the bottom. Why were all guys like that? Someone asked an innocent question about an old relationship and they burst. What was their problem? She couldn't help but shrug a bit before leaning forward. It wasn't worth mentioning any more so she chose to just give up in general. But the awkward silence that followed bothered here. She knew there was nothing she could do about it, but it sent chills down her spine, causing her to physically shake.

Brian ate fine in the silence. He just hoped Alexa never brought up the topic again. However, it did remind him that he should call his old girlfriend and let her know that in a couple of months he would be in town and that they should hang out. He made a mental note and decided to do that when he got home. He continued to eat and didn't even look up at Alexa. When he finished, he tossed all the trash in the small bin next to his desk. He then got up and went to the map. He took a look at it and tried to think of what they needed to discuss next. He finally realised they were on the last major topic. He turned to her, but avoided eye contact. He asked her simply. "What do you want your concerts to look like? Stage, tickets, backstage, dressing room, also the most important, format."

Alexa slowly looked up towards Brian then looked away when she saw that he wasn't looking at her. Was it that horrible of a thing? "I have some designs back at my apartment......which I forgot..." She knew she had forgotten something! That's what she gets for not getting sleep! "I can call my manager and he can grab them quickly and bring them over."

Brian was surprised to hear that she already had some designs planned for the tour. However, it was a problem that she had left them at home. She offered to get her manager to go get them for her. He shook his head. The moment the manager got in the door, he wouldn't leave. He knew it. He would then look at everything and make them change things.

He took some blank paper off the desk and held it out for her with a pencil. "No, don't worry about your manager. If you want to use drawings, feel free. I can also just listen to what you would like. I will then give any drawings and notes to a conceptual artist who will give us some very nice images of what it might look like in some of the concert locations. They will also give us options too look at. We can pick the best and they will make images of what that might look like at all the locations we want to have that type of concert at. Not all the concerts have to look the same. It is completely up to you. Anyway, it is best to use the artist. Within a week we can have the exact look we want planned and then it is just a matter of getting things made and purchased, then setting them up at the locations before the concert."

Alexa nodded, understanding what he was saying before she took the paper and the pencil and began to sketch out one. "The opening performance I want to look like this," she told him as her pencil glided over the page. When she was done, she held it up, letting Brian look over it. The theme seemed to be dark and broken, unlike her normal style. "For one set up," she finished then picked up a second paper and began to sketch once again. "But when the lights are brought up," she began and paused to finishing the sketch.

When that one was done, she also showed it to Brian. As she had said, the lights would be brought up to expose all the darkened areas of the stage where the bring colors she was known for would appear. The theme seemed to instantly switch from dark to light. "And a few other cites will have the same set up. I'm going to organize the music tonight so I'll get that to you tomorrow for sure."

Brian watched as Alexa started too draw. When he saw the first picture, he was surprised, and a little impressed, by her drawing ability. The image itself intrigued him. It didn't look like a normal Alexa performance. When the second picture was finished, he looked at that. He could envision it already, but he wasn't sure what to think about it. A theme was already appearing. He had to look at her for a moment and ask, "Is there a reason for this theme? Also, what about the other cities?"

"Hidden secrets," she told him with a smile. "That's the theme. It goes along with the song that I wrote last night. But as for the other cities..." She began to quickly divide the paper and began to sketch out a few other stages, one like the sky, one like space, one a meadow while another was a city street. "These are the ones that will rotate though the rest of the tour. I want the big stage in major cites, in the beginning and in the end. Just to open, continue and close the theme." She paused and looked towards Brian. "If that's possible."

Back
Top Bottom