Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

World Rehabilitation (InsertNameHere x KayLove)

KayLove

Seaside Sun Bather
Characters~~

General Info~
Name: Aurora
Nickname: Rora
Height: 5'9''
Weight: 142lbs

Visual~
blue_girl_by_neriassonne.jpg

Figure: Aurora was blessed with large "birthing hips" as her mother called them along with a rear to match, while in the breast area she has small 34C sized cups, not much, simply for the fact her body wouldn't allow for it. She had a toned body underneath her pale skin that can be seen when she is in a physical situation. Needless to say she has a bottom heavy hourglass figure, one that she enjoys.
Eye Color: Ice blue with a ring of gold around the iris.
Hair Color/Style: Her naturally black hair was tinted over the years in the ice, turning her naturally black hair to a dark blue with the ends of her hair ending in a striking white. Usually, well traditionally, Aurora has her hair braided down her back but when it is loose her hair reaches to the middle of her back in soft waves and frames her face.
Weapons: Aurora is proficient in the bow and arrow as well as wielding a spear. The two most simple survival tool handy at the time.
Unique Characteristics: She had many scars that she had gained over the years. One of the more prominent ones running down her back from right shoulder blade to left hip. It was from being whipped when she was younger, she hates the sight of it. She also has several rings tattooed around her upper arm, they are thick but decorated with various symbols that she has long forgotten how to read.
Over all: Aurora carries herself like any hunter would, like death was just around the corner, stealthy but lethal. Power in her steps as well as her eyes. But as to how she will carry herself newly resurrected is unknown.

Aaron Tyler had been a busy man for the last three years. Even by his standards and his standards being those of a smart, borderline genius billionaire.
In, fact, since his plans had been entirely rejected by every single military, political and economical leader around four years ago, he changed his goals. Or, rather, he refined them and chose another path to reach them.

His goals were simple, saving the world and, mostly, from itself. Recyclable green energy, atomic fusion instead of fission, colonizing the moon and, later, Mars and every other planets in the solar system then the milky way.
Curing diseases, aging and growing fruits in the deserts. With near infinite green resources, there would be no need to spare anyone then no need to fight for them and wars would naturally end.

Obviously, this couldn't work. Not because of the required technology, Aaron already invented it or mapped the blue prints needed. No, because of men. Those leaders didn't want changes. Unless they'd profit from them, every steps of the way.

Aaron thought about doing it anyway, using mass market and free networks but he knew they'd retaliate and a sterile war would follow.
He also thought about contracting mercenaries to get rid of them and force his vision unto the world but he lived at an age of Meta Humans.
To get even a chance, he'd need to hire super criminals and those guys were simply not trustworthy.
You don't hire a psychopath for the greater good. And even the so called heroes wouldn't support him. Not on such a scale. Their job, it seemed, was to put threats in prison so they could escape and do it again and protect their corrup government.

Luckily, he found a solution. He was 30 now and this solution had been three years in he making.
One of his most advanced satellite found a very peculiar energy source iin the Iceland and this was where he found her.
Trapped and frozen in ice. An ice coffin that preserved her so well, she kept radiating energy on a very particular spectrum. She was also still storing it. She had been absorbing photons and electrons at a small but steady rate for a few thousands years now. In fact, by his calculation, she was certainly the first meta human on the planet.

Which would explain her heigth. She was taller than the people of her time.
He brought the ice coffin in a container to his head quarter and, for the last three years, every day of his life revolved around her. She would be the key to bringing his plans to life.

He spent a fortune trying to disappear, to erase his name from every data base.
He built several high tech research facilities and headquarter. One of them sub terranean and anothe ron the dark side of the moon. Even one orbiting the planet in a stealthy advanced cloaking device.

He hacked CCTV software all over the world as well as used his own customized drone camera to study the whereabouts, strengths and weaknesses of every super humans.

All the while, slowly, carefully trying to bring the iced woman back to life.
While he meticulously melt the ice and warmed her human life functions back to normal, he also checked on her radioactivity level, due to her smal energy emission, as well as fed her with information.
Lasers were photons and she absorbed them. Lasers could carry informations so she fed her with informations about the world. Its history, its states, his plans.
The wars, the polution, the dark ages, the terrorism, the futility of the current heroes, the political and economical corruption, the poverty, the natural disasters, the languages, english in particular so she would be able to understand him when she'd wake up... and so on.

So, imagine how excited he could have been when he heard his home computer warning him she was waking up.
It was 3AM but, in a subterranean HQ, day and night cycle didn't mean much.
He quickly put on a black T-shirt, a grey cargo pants, sneakers and hazmat suite all other it.
He ran to the lab she was in, and sealed it with his password as in a lockdown procedure.
As he saw the container, linked to her vitals, opening, he began to talk through th suit's micro, "My name is Aaron Tyler, I helped you getting back to life, this is my home. You're safe here. No one is going to hurt you. It's a safe environement but you're emitting radioactivity which is toxic for human being and I' like you to controle it, absorb it back and stop emitting it."
He kept saying it in loop, slowly and as friendly as possible, knowing full well she would certainly be completely disoriented for a few minutes at least.

But it was all worth it. That was what he was thinking. "all worth it".

Aurora had been dreaming for thousands of years, her mind wondering in and out of the blackness that it created for itself. She thought she was utterly and truly mad. Her whole being was stuck inside her head and she was horribly alone... She often wondered if this was the after life, was this what her family had spoken of? She didn't know all she knew was the black.

She was unaware of the time change, how long it had been since she had wondered away from her people, into the storm looking for the food they needed to survive. But she hadn't expected the lights the beautiful lights that emitted from the sky. She had watched them, mesmerized in their strength and colors... But something happened she felt a burning sensation hit her chest and it seemed to go right through her, breaking the ice below her and submerging her into icy waters... That was the last thing she could remember, her body burning but freezing at the same time and then she was gone... Into the darkness of her own mind. Until now.

New and strange things started to enter her mind and she absorbed them happily. Things about new ways to talk, places she had never even dreamed of, and people played on in her head embedding themselves into her thoughts and consciousness. She knew of the hardships of life, how humans were killing the planets and how there didn't seem to be any stopping it... That scared her but also made her want to help the world... In whatever way she could. If she could....

Lying on the table the dark haired woman shifted and twitched, attempting to open her eyes. There was a noise to her right and she knew it distinctly as another humans voice but it sounded like he was speaking though thick ice. Her lips twitched as warmth crept from her fingertips all the way to the core of her being.

The warmth was welcome and strong, forcing Aurora to start breathing deeper and open her eyes. A bright light shown above her and she blinked several times before her eyes adjusted to the light.

The voice to her right had become clearer and she looked over expecting to see a human standing beside her but what she saw scared her, some yellow being, shiny and alien to her eyes. She jolted up in surprise, almost falling off the edge of the table as she moved herself back from him. Her blue eyes were wild and scared, but she didn't know what to do.

Her heart quickened and so did a beeping in the room, her breathing quickened, and she felt as though the heat was getting worse. It was the radiation, coming from her body from the panic.

But then the words from the creature started to make sense when she focused on them... He kept saying the word safe... She was safe, and to stop what she was doing... But what was she doing? Oh, this heat, she looked down at her pale hands and looked at the green sparks emitting from them and willed them to stop and slowly but surely the heat from her body receded and she began to feel cold again...

So cold. She looked down at her body and her former animal skin clothing from when she was in her era was in shreds, most of it designated or torn, covering barely any of her skin. But that was the least of her concern, the wild haired huntress began to shiver profusely and worry that she might die all over again and she did not want that... She did not want to go back to that dark cave in her mind.

Looking at what she presumed as this Arron Tyler being with wide ice blue eyes she said the first words that she has said in thousands of years, "Help me... Please"

"Yes, don't worry. I'll help you" said Aaron, trying to look conforting. "everything s alright. Just calm down" and he tried to imagine what she was thinking and realized how he must look so he said "I'm a human. Just like you. BUt I wear a suite. It's called Hazmat Suit. You've got clothes too."
He pointed to a small pile by her side on a table. Folded clothes. A simple trousers and a t-hirt. Both white and sneak in shoes. "you've seen them during your sleep. Remember. Those are clothes. They'll keep you warm. My clothes, the suit, it protects me. Protects me from the energy, the lights you emited. They are called Radioactive and it could harm me and I know you don't want to harm anyone so I need you to focus and absorb them back. I know you can do it. Just get dressed, warm and focus. Can you try that for me? "

He waited gently for her to understand each of his words and repeated them when he thought she looked uncertain of their meaning and waited till she would regain control of her radiating aura and absorb back every traces of radioactivity.

((I assume she succeeded))

Once his sensors indicated the air was safe again, he said "look" and took off the helmet, revealing his human face.
Short blonde hair and grey eyes "look, it's me I'm human. My name is Aaron Tyler. I am Aaron Tyler and this is my home. You are welcomed in my home."

He tried to smile and accompanied his words with gestures then walked toward the doors who opened by themselves and said "you can follow me and I'll show you around. I'll show you this place and I'll tell you about the world. I'll tell you everything I know and I'll show you how it looks like. Please, come with me"

He waited patiently for her to follow on her own terms saying "you've nothing to fear. Really. You don' tknow it yet but I don't think there is anything on this earth that could really harm you. Come with me."

And when she seemed keen to follow him, he walked her through the very large place that was his sub terranean complex.
Mainly, it was a very high tech head quarter located near the center of the earth.
The dominant color was white and the rooms were large and zen and linked by white corridors.

While he talked though, he made wall screens appearing on each walls they walked by and those huge digital screens displayed scenery caught by some of the CCTV he hacked or his own drones.
Parts of the world, towns, deserts of both ice and sand, Iceland where he found her, hills, sea, lakes... every corners of the world and also recorded archives of history.
That was when he told her she as probably about 26000 years old if the ice he found her in dated back to the last Glacial Maximum periode.

By the end of their long walk, he stepped out of his hazmat suite entirely. He was wearing the cargo pants and the t-shirt and said "this is the state the world is in and there are only three things I'm certain. First, I want to make it better. Second, you're probably the first meta human ever to walk this earth. And third, together, we might just succeed."

He smiled and held a hand toward her and asked "so, my name is Aaron Tyler, will you help me make this planet a better place and save humanity from those who wants to enslave it?"

In his eyes there was both hope, sincerity and a determination that could only be read in eyes of those rare people ready to risk everything to make their dreams come true.

Her panicked blue eyes became furrowed with confusion as he spoke again, his words taking a moment for her to register. She only glanced at he white pile of clothes, not understanding how the small pile of fabric could keep her warm usually the best thing was furs but seeing as there were none around those would have to do. She watched the suited being out of the corner of her eye as she turned away and dressed slowly, picturing the people she had seen in her head wearing similar things and put the shirt and pants on only after delicately taking off the tattered strips of clothes that remained, she wasn't shy about it but still felt the need to turn away from the being behind her as she stood to pull up the light pants. Aurora looked at the shoes with distaste and didn't put them on as she tunred back towards him and focused on his words again.

Glancing down at her hands at the familiar colored green sparks she slowly willed them to come back into herself. She felt slightly warmer not only from the clothing but from the energy instead of dispersing from her body it was now staying inside of her, circling through every inch of her being. It felt nice, like home almost.

When the soft voice spoke again she looked up from her hands to see the being show himself as a man. He had light hair and strange colored eyes but he looked completely normal to her. But still she was hesitant, why did he care so much about her? Did he want something from her? Even though she had learned new things to her this Aaron man was still a man and she did not trust him. Not yet anyways...

But why was he leaving? She started to panic again, not wanting to be alone in this room but hesitant to be around him. She took the lesser of two evils and slowly followed after the light haired man not wanting to be alone anymore.

Her feet were silent against the flat floors, not a single rock or twig to hurt to toes. She liked that. He continued to speek but she only caught fragments of what he said because every time they walked past something a new picture of something foreign would appear. She gasped at the sight, a large body of water, a towering building, or strange landscapes that she had only seen in her dreams. She periodically would touch the flat surfaces to make sure they were just that, flat and not there. But she found beauty in them just the same.

She had to focus on the man's words to understand what he was saying from time to time, catching how old he thought she was but not truly believing it. It only felt like maybe a couple months to her... Where was her family? She had to make sure they were okay, but she didn't feel comfortable asking things of him just yet.

But then the man stopped and looked Aurora in the eyes and asked her if she wanted to join him, join him and help save this beautiful world that she was only now realizing was real for the first time and not just some fragment of her imagination.

Aurora looked at him with analyzing eyes, her blue to his gray, she took a tentative step closer before letting her hand slip into his and grasped it firmly. "Yes... I shall help you..." the brief contact with another human made her feel like this was actually happening but she quickly pulled her hand away and stepped back from him, her dark blue hair falling from its position tucked behind her ear. She noted the color for the first time but paid it no mind as she turned back to a familiar looking landscape that of a snow topped mountain with green below and trees that swayed in the breeze. It looked like her home during the summer she took a step forward to touch the flat surface before letting her hand fall.

She wanted to go to these places, see the world, there were so many possibilities now...

But her thoughts were still on that of her old life, "Arron..." she tested his name on her lips as she wrapped her arms around herself, "Where is my family?" she asked knowing that there would not be a good response but she had to know.

Her eyes watered and she knew what his answer would be but she needed to hear him say it, he was the only one who seemed to know what she was. This strange power that she could feel just under her skin, no it made up her skin, she was this power and it was her. It kept her alive all these years and even now she could feel it helping her to understand and become fully functional, to understand that the world had really changed but maybe not for the better.

Aaron kept looking at her, searching for the right words but his eyes had already betrayed him. There was sadness in them. Not sadness because he felt anything for her family but sadness because he related to the loss she was about to feel.
"I...I'm sorry but... you're 20000 years old. No one lives that long." He first explained then said "I think you already knew the answer, right? In fact, even during your time I believe you saw some of your loved one dying from old age already. Tell me, you've always felt special, right?"

He paused for a moment, knowing this was a lot to grasp in one go. All those concepts and now this emotional truth.
He waited a bit, then said "You've seen people you loved dying of old age while you barely aged yourself, right? When did you stop aging like everyone else in your tribe? When you reached 20? 25? 17? You knew it was strange right? You didn't hav a word for it but you knew you were different, weren't you?"

He observed her again and hesitated then remembered, remembered events from his own childhood.
Aaron had not been a normal child either. He didn't have any powers like those few meta humans who began to appear here and there and he had never been declared a genius but some knew... one of his aunt saw it.
He was always a few steps ahead. He could forsee things others wouldn't. He was very focused and games like chess came naturally to him and, of coruse it often had him clashing or being at odd with everyone else.

So, he thought he'd gave her the only thing his aunt knew to do to make him feel better.
It wasn't much but he knew it helpe dhim when he felt like the whole world hated him or there was no place on earth he could be happy or feel complete.

He carefully stepped forward, opened his arms wide and hugged her. He just hugged her and he whispered "it's ok. It's ok if you want to cry. No one is gonna judge you and you'll feel better. Just close your eyes and let it go, it's ok. You deserve it."

Most people thought it silly but, again, most people never experienced being singled out or feeling estranged wherever they went or to whoever they talked.
When his aunt did that to him, it just healed him. Everything went away and only the potential joy was left.
It was as if he washed away everything that bothered and saddened him and only kept the good stuff and joyful memories and could believe in the futur again.

As he grew older, there was noone to hug him anymore. Luckily, he made himself a small isolated kingdom safe enough to be able to live almost outside the world.

But her? She had just been revived somehow. She must have been pretty different from everyne back in the day and, right now, she was almost a different species than everyone else.
So he felt she needed a hug. Plain and simple. Just that, someone wrapping his arms around her, not judging, not anything, just tellling she could let go.

She only watched as his eyes turned a darker gray and sadness crept into his eyes and she felt her heart strings pull upon themselves. Everything he said was right, she remembered having strange dreams where she watched her little sister grow up into a young woman and die an old maid, well old for their people. She saw her nieces and nephews grow up and old as well before she blocked out the dream and refused to watch her relatives grow old and die... without her.

She hadn't realized that it was all real. Her family was really dead, this world was her own and this man was the only one that knew. Knew that she was different in a way that she could not explain herself but he put words to her oddities.

She had long since closed her eyes as he continued to speak, or not she didn't know any more. Crying was for the weak of her people, and she was not some weak little girl. She was a strong woman who could fight, survive, and knew what was right. But her resolve was broken as she felt an embrace wrap around her. Aaron was hugging her... This made her eyes fly open and her resolve crack and shatter into a million pieces like a thin sheet of ice.

And Aurora did let go, her tears escaping, silently as she let herself lean on this human someone that had only been alive for a fraction of her life. But he seemed to have all the comfort in the world that she needed. She grabbed a hold of his black shirt and cried against his chest, her body shaking and knees growing weak. She didn't know what to do with herself, what she had become or what her purpose in like was to accomplish.

She felt like her legs could not carry her, not at this moment, so she kept a hold of Aaron, clinging to him like he was her life support. Her sobs slowed until there were only few tears escaping her reddened eyes and staining her flushed cheeks.

"My name is Aurora." she told him, her face still buried in his shirt, her white one contrasting so starkly with his, "I would like to help you Aaron... To have a purpose.. You showed me those things, the things I saw in my head. Didn't you? Of people starving and suffering because of others." her words were slow and sniffed every so often but her words were clear.

Aaron gave her all the time she needed. He understood that too well and, most of all, he was the one who had found her and chose to awaken her. He could have let her inside the ice, living in some sort of frozen dream.
Maybe he had been selfish. Yes, he probably had been. But he kept repeating to himself it wasn't just for him. It was so he could save the world. Yes, he had to believe it.
It was one of the hardest thing to do for him. He knew he got so used to manipulating events and plan ahead that, sometimes, he wasn't certain why he was doing things anymore.
But, right now, he kept repeating it was to save the world and he had to believe it. Or else... or else, he would be just like those people he accued of letting it rot for their own profit.

He couldn't let himself become like those men. Never.

When she seemed better, helped her standing up again and said "yes, I did. I wanted you to see them and udnerstand what was going on and, yes Aurora. I'd love you to help save the world."

He smiled and added "now, come on, follow me. You'll love what comes next" and led her to what was could only be described as a very big kitchen.

Since Aaron lived alone in those huge HQ of his, he had to have some things being automated. That meant he would only cook on very rare occasion.
He had automated machinery able to do some things but not to cook too elaborated dishes.
Still, as far as breakfast was concerned... they could manage.

"just sit there and smell the goodness you'll help saving" he joked showing her a sit at a table as he brought some plates and a fork and knife and, ten minutes later, the room was filled with the smell of pancakes, beans with tomatoes, bacon, cheese, bread, fruit juices, chicken, english muffins with butter melting on their side, crumpets and scones and so much more "I'll keep you up to date with the best moment of any day, the breakfast" he laughed and showed her "I'm not sure you had any images of thoses but, this is a fork and this is a knife and they'll help filling your mouth with wonders".

And so, he took the first bites, just in case she would ever think it was poisoned and then, progressively, found it more interesting to watch her enjoying this meal than eating himself.

"you know, Aurora, saving this planet will take some times and some... hard decisions. So, we have time and it's good because we should talk about it. First you eat and get some real sleep and ask any questions you wish and I'll show you how to access more videos than you could probably watch and when you feel ready, I'll tell you all about it and about you as well because I think I learned some things about you and your powers even you don't know."

He let it sink into her brains for a minute before adding "oh and, of course, you can't save the planet without experiencing it first so, eventually, I'll take you outside. Living under the earth is great but feeling the sun for real... I'm pretty sure you'll love it."

He then stood up and brought back two little hot porcelain cup and said "and this is coffee. This separates us from animals" he joked and gave her one of the cups.

Only then did he realize that, he too, might need some sleep sooner than later. In fact, he couldn't remember th elast time he slept peacefully thinking everything would finally be alright.

Aurora looked up at him with drying eyes and nodded hoping that she did love what came next because this whole world seemed filled with shock and strange. She didn't know how to react or be normal. There was no normal for her, just a very strange awakening from her restless dreams.

But from then on she followed closely behind Aaron, almost in sync with his steps but she didn't want him to disappear. They entered a funny looking room with many lights and instruments that she had only seen flickers of in her mind. "Alright.." she said as she looked down at the plate and silver ware he set before her, "I did see... Moments." she still had to pick her words but she was getting better at finding words, "Moments with people eating with these." she picked up the fork and inspected it closely, it was cold to the touch but she didn't mind the weight of it in her hand. It felt good to hold something physical and tangible.

Aurora must have been in her own mind because in only a few moments it seems her stomach was making noise and she was looking at more food than she had seen in her lifetime. They all looked new to her but she wasn't picky as she watched Aaron take the first bite and she did the same, she groaned when flavor hit her mouth, she didn't care what it was called it was heavenly, she glanced up at Aaron every once and a while to see him watching her with a small smile on his face. She could have started crying all over again if she hadn't been too busy trying everything that laid before her. By the gods did she miss food, she had such an appetite but every bite she savored. In the middle of drinking a whole tall glass of orange juice Aaron spoke and she listened intently, not taking a moment to stop her eating. She couldn't help but nod along with his thought process, her thoughts wandering to what she would learn and see.

Her thoughts halted when he spoke of going places there and she looked up at him, "You mean you will take me out there?" she asked, "With the images. To see all of it?" she asked with eagerness in her voice and a curiosity that she wanted to fill so badly.

As he brought over the steaming cup of coffee she wrapped her hands around it, "What is so special about this?" she asked as she sipped the dark liquid, it was bitter but enjoyable and it warmed her insides instantly, "I don't understand your jest." she told him as she kept sipping. Her thoughts wondered again as she stood and looked around the kitchen, her bare feet padding softly around the white floors.

Setting the coffee down she looked through drawers, her curiosity in what might be in all of them getting the best of herself. In one there was precisely placed knives that she recognized from her dreams and pulled one out and before Aaron could stop her she slid her fingertips along the edge. It was extremely sharp and as soon as she did so three of her finger were sliced with a very fine but deep cut. Blood instantly welled and she dropped the blade on the counter top and hissed through her teeth. She hadn't expecting the blade to be so sharp, in her time any blade that they made could never cut you like that but then again they had used stones and their own two hands to make sharp points.

She kept her hand open and before her as she looked up at Aaron with frustration and worry, "I didn't know that it was that sharp." she said as the throbbing continued on her fingers and blood soon started to drip from her hand to the white floor below her. It hurt but she didn't know that to do, it had been so long since she had seen her own blood that it shocked her to see.

Aaron looked at her taking the knife and, much like a parent looking at his child and watching his worst fears getting real, he could see something bad happening but didn't have the time to react et voilĂ .
He looked at her with a mix of a disappointed and amused smile that said "well, that was bound to happen, right?" and took her hand in his to see how bad this was. "this is superficial, don't worry" he said calmly before giving her some tissues to cover her fingers "follow me, you're about to discover another useful room" and he led her to his infirmary.
This place looked more like another lab than a bathroom.

It was over stuffed with top of the edge medical and science supplies "alright, don't worry, we won't need most of those machines." he laughed and took something to clean the wound first then warned her "this might hurt a tiny little bit" and applied some peroxyde then showed her how bandages worked. "there you go. Just wait for your body to heal now"

He looked at her, his hands on his hips and said "don't worry, you'll get used to all those weird looking tools adn objects in no time. Thing is..." he scratched his chin and said "...I think you might be able to accelerate your healing process but we've got time to figure it out. Beside, if I'm right, I could probably teach you how not to be hurt in the first place, from the informations I gathered during your coma... you can be one tough mama." he laughed gently then again told her to follow him.

Whie walking he said "look, I really need some sleep. You might not know but keeping you alive and waking you up without...well, turning it into some kind of catastrophy wasn't that simple and I did work on many other projects at the same time... soem useful thing to... you know, my plans. So, anyway, I could really use some real sleep and I think you might like to get some too. Not some icy prisonners sleep but something confortable with nice sheets and a bed and... well, I'll show you your room."

And he led her to her bedroom which, like everything else in the complex wwas pretty big. Big enough that some people could call it a small flat. It had its own shower too and, on the night desk, a tablet.
"it's a... it's a device that contains lots of images and sounds you might be curious about. This one can be controlled by voice so... you don't have to worry about finding out how it works. And, if you really can't sleep, feel free to explore the complex just... be sure not to try to leave it without warning me for... security measures. We're under earth after all. Oh, and you know you can... radiate a lot of different kind of energies but the one you emited when you woke up... it's cancerous to people like me. It's very dangerous. So, please, try not to spread this one around. It's also killing the earth and plants and animals so... bad."

He yawned and confirmed his sleepiness "that's my cue. So, well, have some good rest and I'll see you in 12 hours or so I think then, if you're up to it, we'll decide on our first destination to show you the world."

He turned his heels and was about to exit her room when he stopped and smiled and said over his shoulders "oh, and welcome back Aurora. I'm glad you made it." He then waved her good night.

Aurora hissed through her teeth as the strange clear liquid caused her skin to tingle but soon dissipate and then all three were wrapped in a strange substance that suck to her skin, but she didn't question it. She ignored the throbbing from her fingertips and from then on kept her hands to herself.

She followed him as if in a haze, "I'm tough? But that, well that blade hurt me so easily." she commented but gave it no further thought as he led her to her room, he went on about sleep but that was the last thing on her mind. She didn't want to sleep, she wanted to know everything. But seeing the shadows under Aaron's eyes kept her curiosities at bay for now.

Walking into her room she looked around at the space with wide eyes before whispering, "This is all mine?" her question was more or herself as her toes sunk into the plush carpet and sat on the edge of the bed taking hold of the tablet and placing it on her lap, expecting from his yawn that he would simply leave her. But she was pleasently surprised when he told her he was glad she was there...

Aurora felt a smile tug on her lips as she smiled for the first time in a very long time.

The smile stayed on her lips for a while after Aaron was gone and she simply sat there on the bed, feeling herself breath and move. Testing out her muscles she stretched out on the bed hearing the popping from her joints. She liked the bed, everything was so soft to the touch here, home had been so rough. She knew she would come to like it here.

But soon she became restless and sat up on the bed pulling up a light blue blanket at the end of the bed to wrap around herself as she cradled the tablet in her lap and pressed the only button.

The thing sprung to life and asked her what she desired, "Show me the world..." and from there she was off she learned about the world, her world, how humans lived, she loved to look at art. Everything about the bright vibrant colors that artists used made her want to know why they had drawn it. And the clothes people wore, she was shocked there were so many things that one could wear upon their bodies. She even found tattoos like the one on her arm, the rings, she supposed those were in style now.

Feeling happy with her search and mastery of the tablet she moved on to the shower, she even asked the tablet how to turn it on. First too cold then too hot but finally she found a nice medium and took a shower under a waterfall of warm water. Her skin tingled and she could feel her muscles relaxing. She washed her waist length hair thoroughly noticing the white tips of her hair as well as its blue tint. She liked it, made her feel unique. Looking down at her fingertips Aurora noted that her banaids were falling off so she peeled them off and gasped at the sight, her skin was completely healed, no mark or trace of a cut on her fingers. She would have to show Aaron when he woke.

After getting dressed from the small selection of clothes in her closet she dressed in a long loose black skirt and a black tank top. She liked the way the material felt around her legs as she crawled back into bed and decided to try and sleep. But it availed her, no matter what position she tried she could not get comfortable in the soft bed. It was far too quiet and the bed was so soft, she knew she could grow to like the soft bed but for now everything was too soft or too quiet.

Taking he light blue blanket she wrapped it around her shoulders and wandered the halls of the place. She didn't know what she was looking for but she would know once she found it. And she did she creaked a door open to barely see that Aaron was sleeping soundly on his own bed in a room much like her own. Silently Aurora slipped into the room and walked across, careful not to bump anything. She didn't know why she was there she just knew that the presence of another being was what she needed and seeing as he was someone that she was beginning to trust she would be comfortable here.

She slowly laid down on the opposite side of the bed from Aaron, her body barely making an indent as she pulled her blanket over herself and listened to him breathing until her eyes slipped shut and she fell in to a dreamless, iceless, sleep.

Aaron woke up earlier than he thought. Anyone who got on a 5 hours sleep diet will tell you it's pretty difficult to get out of the habit and have your body rest longer when you can.
That didn't mean he wasn't sleepy when he woke up though. Still, those had been some good sleeping hours and he felt at rest for once.
When he noticed her body in his bed, he didn't freak out wondering what happened. He was surprised and tried to get out of bed without disturbing her.
It also reminded him how long it had been since he had a woman in his bed. When he used to flex his muscles, as he now liked to call it, he lived the high life and dated both real and escort paid stunning women and went a bit wild. He was testing himself somehow. He had just come to term with being smarter than most and was enjoying a steady flow of money. A lot of money, from a lot of different sources.
He still did but, now, his main concern was to make sure no one could trace this money or ask question about who he was, what he was doing and so on. Anonimity was so precious to him now.

Dressing lightly, a linen white pants and black t-shirt and soft shoes, he wondered if she mastered reading yet and not being that certain, he took no chance and rapidly programmed a video message that would appear on a screen wall in his room as soon as the volumetric sensors would notice her weigth shifting away from the bed to the floor, indicating she would be getting up.
The video would tell her where he was and display a map to help her find him.

Aaron was back in one of his labs. Not the same one in which she woke up, one with more computers and less machinery. He also brought some food so he wouldn't have to go back to the kitchen.
Coffee, juices and dark chocolate to pick and eat while thinking.

There was a lot of calculating power in this room. The computers were designed by Aaron himself and worked with a quantum technology that would bringing him even more money if he patented it. But he didn't. As much as he wanted to share his discoveries with the world, he wouldn't as long as he wasn't certain who it would really profit. Kind of like humanitarian funds ending in the pockets of dictators instead of the people.

Those computers were not the same one running the sub terranean facility. He used them for advanced simulations. He ran a lot of data concerning every known meta humans and, of course, Aurora and now he was testing theories through simulations and numbers.
It was the safest and classic procedure before testing anything for real. Numbers, 3D simulations, variables and so on...

During the lose time, when even his computers had to struggle to calculate some outcomes and crunch numbers, he looked for their potential trip all around the world and the locations in which he knew he had assets they could use and where he would not be spotted and recognized. Just in case, he checked the various escape routes too.

Aaron didn't invent teleportation yet. He wasn't even close. He heard about a meta human or two who could do it but he didn't have enough intel to crack it through technology. After all, even designing a coputer as smart as a fly was ncredibly complex. So imitating anything natural, even as simple as it looked, was always a very ingrateful task.

So, taking into account that his main HQ were either below the surface of the earth, in space or on the moon, traveling to and fro without being noticed ever was his main concern. He had to check on a lot of things, from sattelites' rotations to airplanes flight paterns and military air space and so on.
It wasn't impossible, specially with a very advanced cloaking device, but it wasn't to be taken lightly either.

This took hours and he was still in when he noticed Aurora entering the room. "oh, you're there. Slept well?", he asked before saying "if you need anything to eat or drink, most of the facility is designed to be voice operated. Even the help to explain you how it is operated by voice" he laughed at the paradox and then pointed her to an unused wall screen "look, I thought about our trip around the world and, interestingly enough, we might first land or... emerge, in Iceland so I thought we could first take a look at where I found you. The last place on earth you walked on." he paused, thinking this might be a big deal for her and, when he thought he had given her the appropriate time to cope with it said "then, will roam the city and take our first plane to visit Europe, followed by Asia, Africa, Indonesia, South and North America then Europe again as I have the... ship, let's call it a ship for now, in hidding that will take us to a more secluded place of mine after that. On the moon I mean." he smiled with anticipation before adding "one small rule though. Once up there, I should have enough money for you to buy and taste and look at anything you want. My only recommandation is that we be discret. If you ever were to have to display your... powers, please make certain noone is around or well... just please try not to use your power. If I were to be spotted by even one journalist with a little bit o memory of who I am, this could seriously endanger our long term goal. Specialy if they see me with a unknown meta human. Sorry, unknown woman with super human abilities. Believe me."

He tried to change his face from dead serious to happy and said "otherwise, you'll have the best time of your life I believe and I'll probably have some data crunched so I will also be able to tell you a bit more about yourself too. So, just tell me whenever you're ready to go. Alright?"

Aurora woke up later than she expected but that was the best sleep that she has had in years. She had no dreams, no scary visions, nothing to disturb her in her slumber. Aurora sat up suddenly realizing that she had really slept in Aaron's bed rather than her own. She looked to the side and noted that he had already left and was out and about while she had been sleeping soundly. Shrugging her shoulders she placed her feet on the carpeted floors.

A noise to her right startled her, it was one of those voice speaking devices. She gave a soft yelp before looking over and listening to the voice. It told her where to find Aaron. She would have to do that then. But first she climbed out of bed and headed back to her room and washed her face as well as tried to tame her blue hair to no avail so she simply put her hair up with a pen that she found on the desk and changed into a simple white dress. She didn't like all of the plain colors in the selection because she had seen so many things and vivid colors. But she simply sighed and headed out to look for Aaron. Stopping by the kitchen to take one of the fruits she found there, asking the tablet that she brought with her what it was, it said an apple and she took a bit before heading to the lab.

She wanted to apologize to Aaron for invading his room, "Morning Aaron. I did sleep well. Thank you." she said and before she could apologize he continued on with his noted of what they were going to be doing. "Home? Where you found me? They call it Iceland now?" she asked with a smile, her excitement rising ten fold as she walked up to his desk across from him and sat on the edge, "Wait, the moon?" she asked more to herself as she remembered long nights when the moon was the only light that was shining.

She barely noted his serious face, she didn't know what she could do let alone how to truly control them, but she nodded and let his words sink in. Big blue eyes looking at him, "I want to go, and see everything." she told him with a smile holding the tablet close to her chest as if it were a life vest.

"But... You will be there, won't you?" she asked looking at him with hopeful eyes.

Aaron looked at her and laughed before saying "why, of course I'll be there. Why would I ever let you go alone on your first trip in the twenty first century Aurora?"

He ached a brow, amused and said on a more serious and reconforting tone "I'll be there every steps of our travel."
He then smiled again and joked saying "if only to pay for everything you'll want to taste" and laughed gently before standing up and stretching "so, I guess that means you're eager to go right? That also means packing some clothes. At least something warm for the first town of our voyage. After that, we'll buy anything you need on the spot but, when we arrive in Iceland... we'd rather be prepared for the harsh weather."

He looked at her, scratched his chin, then added "even I'm pretty sure you could shield your body against the cold or warm it enough not to feel it but, right now, we'll not take any chance. Not until we're 100% sure you're in control of your powers... abilities."

He looked back at the computer screen then said "boy, am I excited. I probably should be that psyched but, what can I do? As of now, everything has been set in motion and, well... it's probably the last time I roam this world as it is because, with your help, the next time everything will be much different. Much better."

As he said it, he knew they would face resistance and adversity and people, some good, would have to die. This was inevitable. He and Aurora would probably be labelled as evil and very dangerous and terrorist even but, on the long term... he focused on all the good they coudl do for this generation and all the following.

No more hunger, no more war, no more greed or poverty or polluting, no more slaughter in the name of anything... all simply because abundance and a free access to happyness would make all those self destructing paterns useless and obsolete.

He looked back at her, his eyes suddenly focused on something far away, something in the futur and said on a lower tone, almost like a whisper "this will be good Aurora. We'll do a lot of good. No matter what they'll say... in the end, we'll save them and all their children."

He smiled and let it hang in the air before looking normal again. "ok, get yourself ready and off we go!"

Aurora was so excited she could feel herself getting so riled up that she couldn't help but give a small squeal of happiness and hug him when he told her to go get ready.
She had noted his strange face and how he had looked as if he hadn't been in the same room but at the moment she didn't mind not knowing what his words meant. She gave Aaron a fierce hug, one that was a bit stronger than a normal human could have given, and hurried off to her room.

But when she got there she realized that nothing was actually hers, this made her pink lips turn down for a moment but she pushed the thought away. She got dressed anyways, several layers of black long sleeved shirts, gray jacket as well as tights and jeans. Although she didn't like these shoes she put on the mid calf high flat black boots, lacing them up tightly before she put her hair up in a tight bun.

She glanced at herself in the mirror one last time before heading out, she looked as pale as before but there was some color in her cheeks now, she looked more human and alive.

"Aaron!" she yelled, "I'm ready!"

She was impatient to say the least.

Aaron laughed gently at her almost childish anthusiasm. "you'll have to wait for me then" he kindly said calibrating some devices "I need to make sure this... is correctly linked to this" he pointed to his electronic watch "...and this, just in case" and then showed off his customed smart phone "I have to warn you, this will be as much about touring the world as explaining you a few things about what's going on and... probably tlking about what data those babies will send me about you". He smiled then said "I need another twenty minutes to pack some things and we're good."
Aaron took thirty to pack some casual clothes as well as check some other devices and this HQ's security. The number of failsafe and password looked like an endless list of check points but, eventually, he took her to their transportation.

The subterranean base didn't bring them directly to the surface. A private mini submarine did and the vehicle landed in what looked like a swimming pool. When they stepped out of it, they were in a beach house in Iceland with an indoor swimming pool that built only to secretly hold the little submarine.
Already, Aaron thought the marine life she must have seen was probably far different from that of her era. Even though it certainly didn't change as much as what she was about to see.

All in all, their trip took them two months but the very first day, he kept his promise and took her to the very place where he found her.
It was cold and dark at this time of the year and nobody ventured in this area.
Aaron had erased anything that could link the place to some kind of excavation site so she could only imagine what happened through his recitation of the events.
He described to her the machines he used to pierce the ice and how difficult it had been to excavate te ice coffin without shattering it or even heating it because and uncontrolled change of temperature ould have endangered her.
Also, he had to contain the radiation she emitted, even through the ice.
Which, paradoxically, was the reason why he found her in the first place.

He told her she could stay there as long as she wished but, since he wasn't naturally protected from the cold as she was, he went back to his house and prepared the first diner of their trip.
In Iceland, he though fish, and particularly salmon would be a good start.
The nearest towns and villages all had particularly hard to spell names like Reykjavik and he also told her about volcanoes and how the lands moved and anything he could about geology really.

He also expaliend further why some place on earth were warmer or colder and how night and day cycled. He took the opportunity of the cold and this special place where he found her to talk to her about her power a little bit.
He theorized she could obviously store and emit energy but probably manipulate it so it could match different spectrum and intensity.
He told her, for example, she didn't have to always emit something highly radioactive or poisonous. It could pure heat, so to speak, like a warm fire or concentrated light, like a laser. Which also had him asking her how she felt actually since she probably gathered energy for the last 30 000 years and that made him wonder what her limits actually were.

As he didn't want to sound too much like a doctor dissecting her though, he finally told her this could wait anyway and that, tomorow, they could hit the town so she would see some human activity.
Iceland was a nice start as it was probably not as overwhelming as the huge metropolis they would later visit.

Back
Top Bottom