Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Tragedy Unfolds (Javorcek X ClearSight)

ClearSight

Supernova
Everything in Clara’s life had been going perfect. She was married to the love of her life, had a gorgeous home she had finally convinced Anna to let her buy, and they had a child… Caitlyn. She was gorgeous, the perfect bundle of joy. Four years since they adopted their daughter, and every day had been a blessing. It was the peak of her life and it was all because of Anna and Caitlyn. All that happiness really meant, was that Clara was due some misfortune. The news had been so sudden it shattered her world. One moment she was eating dinner, smiling and laughing with her mate, and the next… The next she was shaking, face white as her mother informed her what had happened… Her sister… Her brother-in-law... She had never felt such a sense of dread in her entire life. She may not have talked with her older sister every day but they had always been close, she cared for her more than almost anyone else, right below Anna and Caitlyn… She suddenly felt lost, and she barely made it back to her seat at the dinner table before her legs gave out… Barely hearing when her mother told her about Christina… Hardly able to form words when Anna jumped up and rushed to her side…

---

“Like fucking hell you’re stopping me! I don’t give a fuck what you think, I’m her damned legal guardian, unless me being her godmother suddenly stopped being true. No? I didn’t think so.” It was rare for Clara to get angry, to curse, but Chris didn’t know that. She barely even knew her Aunt… Barely knew any of the people who had been talking to her and looking at her with weird expressions. All she knew was she was supposed to be sad… To express that sadness… It just, it didn’t feel real. She wasn’t crying, wasn’t even talking. The only thing she really felt was empty, the loving warmth and presence of the only people in her life who really mattered gone, and the mix of emotions and longing she was experiencing far too complicated to make sense of… At least at her age… She wasn’t exactly sure what to think, not at five.

So she sat there in silence, only looking up when Clara approached her, a small smile tugging at her cheeks as her Aunt kissed her forehead. Her aunt reminded her of her mom… It made her chest hurt but she also felt that similar warmth as arms wrapped tightly around her. “Chris… Would you like to come with me?” The voice was so soft, caring… Before she even knew what she was doing tears started flowing down the little girls cheek and she hugged Clara back, little nods being all she could manage as silence continued to plague her. That was all Clara needed though and she stood up, picking Chris up with ease and turning around to glare at the lawyer who tried to tell her she couldn’t, and still had demeanor about him that was pissing her off. “Try and stop me.”

---

Clara was worn out by the time she actually flew back home. It hadn’t just been the constant headache and questioning brought on by her family and everyone who thought they had something to say about the situation, it had also been the reality of seeing her sister… And all the thoughts of what Anna was going to say when she walked in the door with her niece. Yep, that hadn’t been a phone conversation, or at least that was the French Alpha’s excuse. Anna was amazing though, that was probably the least of her worries… The bigger one was the idea of having another child to take care of. It didn’t matter though, from that day on Chris was going to be her daughter… She would figure it out, she had to. Her niece had been through so much already, apparently traumatized by the whole ordeal and refusing to speak. Thank god she had experience with that. It was not going to be easy though, she was already preparing herself for the days to come… All the while trying to come to terms with everything else.

---

Walking in the door she felt exhausted, and not just because she was carrying a sleeping girl, but because her mind was fried. Losing her sister had been a big blow, and it was all she could think about, which made it hard to get any rest. She took a deep breath as she walked towards the couch and carefully laid Chris down, stretching for a moment before heading towards the sound of movement in the kitchen. “Anna?” She spoke softly as she turned into the kitchen, and sure enough it was her wife. “I missed you...” She whined, wrapping arms around her mate and pulling her in close. She stopped Anna from talking with a deep kiss, pulling away only to shush her again and whisper herself. “I know I should have told you, but I brought my niece back with me… She’s asleep, I laid her on the couch…” She wasn’t sure how Anna would react, but she knew she had to do it, she was all Chris had left and it was what her sister would have wanted.

"You should leave it." Charles frowned as he watched his friend kneel by the body. "You don't know what it is."

"It is innocent is what it is." It always pained Manuel to kill a rogue female, but a pregnant rogue female had been almost unbearable. It was necessary, he knew it, the female would have just kept killing if left alone. There was no rehabilitation for rogue wolves, only death. But the child inside, the swell to the female's stomach was large, the baby might actually survive if he could get it out....he couldn't just leave it in there to slowly die. So he grabbed his knife from his boot and began to cut through flesh and fur, carefully extricating the small form from the womb. It amazed him how ugly babies were, a bunch of sausage links vaguely in the shape of a person and covered in goo. Disgusting or not though, he cleared the baby's mouth and sure enough the infant let out a nice healthy cry.

"Hrrrmph...well Manuel, now that you have it what do you plan on doing with it?"

"Her, not it. And I don't know...Eva misses being a mother. She constantly terrorizes the twins and their children." He cut the cord, then the old wolf took off his jacket and carefully wrapped up the wailing infant into it. "Shhhh shhh little one. I'll take you somewhere safe very soon.."

"Ah Eva Sandalio, the caretaker of thrown away wolves." Charles shouldered his pack and took a step towards Manuel and the baby, his bad leg much more apparent when he had a weight on his back. He peered down at the baby that looked like any other, but still, he wasn't so sure. "For your sake I hope that thing doesn't grow up into a monster."

-----

"We'll take her." The words were out of Anna's mouth before she had even thought them through. She had only been holding the baby for a few moments but already the young wolf didn't want to let her go. The youngest Sandalio looked up, blushing a little bit when she saw that all eyes were on her. They were at her parents' for one of their family dinners. Her father had unveiled the baby that he and Eva had been taking care of for a week. Her mother seemed happy...though a bit reserved at the prospect for raising this creature for the next few decades. Her parents were older, they wouldn't have the energy to deal with this baby when it grew older and became a little terror....her older siblings both had kids, she was the only one left, it only made sense that she take the baby.

"Well...Clara and I will be getting married in a few months, we both want kids eventually...why not now?" Anna smiled, looking like a natural mother as she stood there in the kitchen, the baby sleeping in her arms. For all of her science background it may seem funny to know that the girl believed in things like destiny, and now that she thought that her and Clara were meant to be the mothers of this orphaned pup, there was no convincing her otherwise.

----

"Caitlyn! What're you doing?!" Anna rushed over and scooped up their three year old that had somehow gotten into Clara's makeup and was now using the lipstick and eyeliner to draw on the wall. She had turned her back for 5 minutes to get dinner into the oven and had come out to the living room to see the little one being an artist.

"Drawing!" Caitlyn smiled, obviously not sensing her mother's irritation. "Drawing mommies!" The girl said, excitedly pointing at the wall.

Anna sighed tiredly and turned to look at the drawing. There were three lumpy looking squiggles on the wall, two much taller than the one in the middle. "Yes you drew mommies very nicely. But you don't draw with mama's make up and you don't draw on the walls. Crayons are for drawing, not make up. We'll have to clean it up after mama comes home and gets to see."

"Clean it? Ah... No. No clean it." Caitlyn shook her head and wriggled her way out of Anna's arms so that she could stand protectively in front of the drawing.

"We're not going to clean it now sweetie, just later..." Seeing that Caitlyn wasn't going to budge, Anna decided to try a different route. "Well while you stand there all night I guess I'm going to go play with your crayons and draw something amazing for mama..."

That got the little girl's attention. She dropped the lipstick and eyeliner and sped off towards her room so that she could dive into the toy chest and grab her crayons. Anna chuckled and picked up the discarded items and then went to get Caitlyn some printer paper so that they could draw together while they waited for Clara to come home.

----

"Clara? Clara what's wrong?" Anna got up from her seat when she saw her mate come into the dining room, pale as a sheet. She knew that her wife had just gotten off the phone with her family, she had heard French words drifting into the dining room from the living room. She hadn't been expecting the news to be so terrible. Anna had only met Clara's sister a handful of times but the woman had seemed very nice, as had her husband.

"I'm so sorry, love. I'm so very sorry." Anna held onto her wife tightly when she finally managed to tell her what had happened, rubbing her back and trying to soothe away the pain. The moment that Clara began to cry, Caitlyn started to do so too, the little girl was so very sensitive. The sight made Anna's heart break but she knew she had to be strong for Clara right now. So she kissed both her girls on top of the head and then scooped up Caitlyn and guided Clara out of the dining room and towards the living room so that they could all curl up on the obscenely large sectional that was the same one from Clara's college apartment.

----

"Mama's coming home today, are you excited?" Anna was in the kitchen rolling out some fondant. Caitlyn was next to her, standing in a chair and sneaking pieces of marshmallow when she thought her mother wasn't looking. Anna liked to bake, Caitlyn liked to help, and Clara liked to eat the unhealthy things that they made. She figured that her wife could use something sweet as a pick me up after her long flight back. Part of her had wished that she had stayed with Clara for the extra week she had stayed in France to deal with her sister's estate after the funeral, but she had to come back home early, not liking to be separated from Caitlyn for so long even though the girl was having fun at Abuelo and Abuela's.

"Uh huh. Mommy can we make mama a purple cupcake?"

"Only if you can tell me how to make purple."

"Ummmmmm." Caitlyn's brow furrowed because the question was extra hard. Mommy always asked her lots of questions, she said they made her smarter. "With...pink?"

"Nope."

"Green?"

"Na uh."

"Blue?!"

Anna smiled and got out the blue food coloring. "Blue and one other color."

"Uhhhh...purple!"

"You're trying to make purple silly!" Anna chuckled. "What other color, besides blue, makes purple?"

"Red?"

"Hey you got it!" She knew it was a guess but eventually the guesses would stop being guesses and turn into sure answers. So she brushed off the powdered sugar from her hands, took out the red food coloring, and handed both to Caitlyn to hold. "Don't open them yet." Anna's voice turned hard and firm, and Caitlyn knew she better obey the order or else she would upset mommy. "Now just wait and I'll - Clara!" Anna brightened, so focused on making sure that Caitlyn didn't spill food coloring all over the floor that she hadn't even heard her come in.

"Mama!!" Caitlyn smiled and held out her arms expectantly, wanting her hugs and kisses too.

Clara shushed them both, but Anna was still radiating excitement. She returned the kiss eagerly, arms wrapping around her mate in a big hug, Caitlyn growing impatient of waiting for her hug and just wriggling her way between the two of them. "I missed you too." The wolf whispered, confused as to why they were being so quiet. But when Clara said that Chris was here and Anna's eyes widened. "Really? Your mother let you take her?" She hadn't thought that the proud French Chaumonts would let a pureblood be raised in America by a rebellious daughter that had married a mutt such as Anna.

Family dinners with the Sandalios had always been interesting, especially as everyone started having kids... And twins, they all had two, it was like a family curse. Not that her and Anna hadn't talked about children, but it was one thing to talk about it and another to actually have one, especially two. It was scary and she was plenty happy to be waiting for that conversation until they were married... And maybe just a tad bit longer. "We'll take her." It took everything Clara had not to burst out a confused looked, just looking over at Anna hoping that her mate was joking, though she already knew that wasn't the case. Anna didn't make those kinds of jokes. What she saw instead was just as relieving. She saw Anna, the woman she was so sure she wanted to spend the rest of her life with... In love with the small creature in her arms. That was enough, every tiny part of her that had been shocked and panicking settled and she leaned over to kiss Anna's cheek. "Yeah, we'll take her." She nuzzled her mate's neck and smiled, "I love you Anna..."

---

Finding her two girls in the kitchen was always the most relaxing sight, her wife and child the absolute most important things in her life, and the greatest comforts when she needed them... And she did. Even when she felt unsure, dread even, having that little bundle of joy push between them for a hug made Clara smile and laugh, the woman quickly bending down to pick up her daughter and hugging her tightly. "Nobody let me take her, I just did. I'm her godmother after all, technically they had no right to tell me what to do with her, and that's what I told the lawyer... In much sterner terms." She looked tired, and so did the smile that proceeded her tiny explanation of a much longer and annoying story. "I just couldn't leave her there Anna... She's all that's left of my sister and I know this is what she would have wanted... And... She just looked so pitiful, she won't even talk. I couldn't leave her."

Clara didn't know what to say, but she had a feeling it would be alright, after all, Anna was incredible, and her first question hadn't been something combative, but almost an excited one... They let you have her, as if it was the best option, and Clara needed that, needed support... She wasn't sure why she ever thought Anna would do less than that. She reached out and pulled Anna in, hugging both girls tight and nuzzling Caitlyn's cheek lovingly. It was then that she heard little footsteps stop at the kitchen door, turning around, Caitlyn still in her arms, to see Chris looking nervously at the three of them. Clara smiled, taking a few steps forward and kneeling down next to Chris, sitting Caitlyn on the floor next to her. "Caitlyn, this is your older cousin Chris, she's going to be a part of our family from now on." Chris just stood there and when she realized they were all looking at her she flung herself against Clara, hiding her face in the woman's shirt.

---

"Ugh! She was so cute back then Anna. I know it was after something terrible, but she was adorable. She clung to me all the time, finally started speaking and said the most adorable things. Calling us mommy and Caitlyn sissy. When did it turn in to this?" She pointed angrily at a torn up house, Chris currently in her room for running around and making a mess. "When did she become a little rebel?!" Clara was distraught, not because she was mad but because Chris had actually been a brat, stuck her tongue out, laughed when it irritated Clara, and then run off saying 'no!' every time she was told to stop. Whether she would admit it or not Clara liked being the loved one that Chris had always stuck too... Now Chris was being a butt. "Go make her love me again." She whined, being over dramatic and leaning against her mate, knowing that nobody was on her side. Anna was always so matter of fact about it, saying it was just part of her growing up, and then Caitlyn ALWAYS took Chris' side, they were thick as two little thieves. Them growing up sucked!

---

"She what?" Clara was at work when she got the call, a furious look on her face as Anna explained just why she had to go to school in the middle of her day and pick Chris up. "When in the hell did she go from little pranks to fighting?!" Clara glared at someone passing by her office before turning her attention back towards her mate. "Little brat. Just decided a punishment for her and I'll do the same, whichever is worse she'll get." She wasn't exactly serious, Clara could be such a softy... It was strange really, Anna was much sweeter than her but was more capable when it came to being stern and authoritative. Clara failed on all accounts, often trying to be the fun parent and having it blow up in her face, which was just about every time she did so with Chris recently. She just kept getting into trouble. She was becoming a real pain in the ass.

Chris was pouting on the couch while Anna informed Clara of her little misdeed... Not that it had been much of a 'fight' that was just what it was called. What it had been was a little Chris pushing an older girl off the jungle gym and into the dirt. She had deserved it though, she kept trying to cut in line. Not that she said it but what had made her more mad than that was how she kept pushing Caitlyn aside to do it. They had recess together and she was always with her cousin, though they felt more like sisters than cousins. So when someone messed with her it tended to set Chris off, and she wasn't quite as nice and sensitive.

"It's sweet of you to take her in. I'm sure Caitlyn will love having someone to play with and I could always use another helper in the kitchen." Anna didn't mind having another pup to take care of. She worked from home and so got to spend a lot of her time with Caitlyn, only ever having to go to the office rarely and even then they didn't have to have a stranger watch their pup, Anna's mother always came over and gladly did it. And they had actually been talking about maybe having another kid, natural birth or adopted, so that Caitlyn could have a sister. Sure the girl had cousins but she didn't get to see/play with them every day and Anna really wanted their daughter to have a sibling to be there for her for the rest of her life. As sad as the circumstances were, everything appeared to be working out.

"Hi Chris. I'm your Aunt Anna. I saw you once but you were reaallllyyy little." Anna offered a welcoming smile to the shy little girl. She stayed where she was and crouched down, trying to appear as non-threatening as possible as Clara brought over Caitlyn to introduce the two children. When Chris went to hide in Clara's skirts the wolf chuckled. "Pretty scary huh? Lots of new people... But if you want, Caitlyn and I are making decorations for cupcakes and you can help, it's not so scary."

"Cupcakes!!" Caitlyn grinned and scampered over to her mother. When Chris didn't follow, Caitlyn moved to take her hand and tug her along too, wanting her new friend to come play.

-----

"She's in a new place, she's just testing her boundaries. And she's testing you because you are the fun aunt that doesn't punish her." Anna chuckled, already moving to tidy up the house. She had just come home from work, today had been one of the rare days when she had gone in. She still had the energy to help clean up because she knew that Clara must've been wiped out from watching the girls all day, especially because it was something her wife rarely did on her own. The girls knew that Clara had no clue too, always trying to get away with things that Anna would never let them do.

Once Anna and Clara had tidied up things that required a dust pan or mop, Anna pulled Chris out of her room, scolded her -and- Clara for making a mess, and then punished them both with having to put everything back into its place. Now that Clara no longer looked like the enemy, Chris went back to loving the French Alpha the best.

----

As soon as both girls were able to go to school, Anna took a better paying job at Lykos, working in one of their labs. The hours were nice, Clara had to make sure the kids got on the bus in the morning but then Anna could be home in time to watch them get off. One of the other nice things about working at Lykos was that she could take off for family reasons...like today when she had to leave early because Chris had gotten into a fight at school and was being sent home.

The worst part had been calling Clara, all she had wanted to do was ask her to try to take off time because now they had to meet with the principal and the other kid's parents which was asinine in her opinion, and only to add to that aggravation was now her mate was getting upset that Chris had done something bad. "She pushed a girl off the monkey bars." Anna repeated, frowning a bit as Clara told her to devise a punishment. Chris was going to get a punishment, that was for sure, but she was also going to get signed up for martial arts to learn some discipline for her fighting.

When Caitlyn got home she hugged her cousin really tight. "I'm sorry you got in trouble cause of me." The younger wolf told her parents what had happened, that Chris had been protecting her. Mommies were still mad that Chris had used her hands instead of her words but at least they didn't punish her so bad.

----

Chris had spent a month in France for the summer; as she had been doing for the last six years, ever since she had turned 10. Her grandmother thought it was important for the young Chaumont to experience French culture...something that Anna couldn't argue was important. But what the young Latina would argue was the fact that the girl came back a brat every damn time because her grandmother spoiled her so. This year was no different. Chris had been back for less than a month, had been back to school for less than a week, and was speaking to Anna with less respect that was due to a woman that had tried so hard to raise Chris as though she were her own.

"You're not my mother!" Chris was throwing a fit because Anna wouldn't let her go stay at a friend's house tonight because it was a school night. She was 16 and her grades were amazing, top of her class. "You're not even a real Alpha! You can't tell me what to-"

Crack! Anna wound up and slapped Caitlyn straight across the face. "Enough! Chris, go to your room."

"You hit me!" Caitlyn clutched her burning cheek, looking at Anna with stunned eyes and then looking to her Aunt Clara for support.

"I'll hit you again if you say any of those things once more!" Anna barked. "Now get your butt into your room. You're grounded."

"Grrrr.... I hate you! I hate it here! I wish I had never been brought here!!!" Chris screamed before stomping off, slamming the door to her room as her fit continued.

Once Chris had left, Anna's strong front crumbled. She moved to Clara, the tears already falling from her eyes as she buried her face into her wife's neck.

Anna was Clara's rock. It was as best as she could sum up the many roles Anna played in her life, and all the responsibilities and support her mate covered. Without her Clara would have been lost. Sure she was an adult too, she had a great job and took care of the kids and Anna as best she could, but Anna was the one that kept it all together. She made sure the girls grew up well, giving both of them ample opportunities to grow, from Chris' martial arts... And rather tomboyish hobbies, to Caitlyn's delicate and feminine interests. Anna had a knack to either know or learn about what each of them needed, all while taking care of Clara as well. Sometimes the French Alpha felt out of her depth, useless, but whenever that happened she would just cook a large fancy dinner, get help for a night alone from Anna's mother, or simply throw her onto their bed and help her wife unwind a bit, whatever she needed. Clara just used her energies helping her amazing mate relax.

Some things just couldn't be helped though, and one of those was Clara's family trying to ruin everything, or at least seeming to do so. She liked that Chris spent time with her relatives in France, that they showed her affection, but she hated that their attitude rubbed off on her daughter. Okay, her niece, but at that point she thought of Chris as a daughter, and it was pissing her off. It was the reason she didn't let Caitlyn spend time over there, or at least not much, because they spoiled and tainted and did everything to turn the girls into spoiled brats, an Chris picked it up way too easily. They always ended up fighting or Chris would get in trouble and expect someone else to clean up the mess... Never once had she come back smiling and respectful, and it seemed Anna got the worst of it, and seeing her upset made Clara miserable.

---

Her most recent trip had been no exception to past trips... Well, not in a good way. It was worse, much worse. When she said 'you're not my mother', Anna was the one who reacted first, but Clara felt as stunned as Chris looked when Anna smacked her. She felt like Chris' mother, loved her like a daughter... And if Anna wasn't her mother neither was Clara. It hurt, her chest tightened, throat caught... Chris was her daughter... No, perhaps she wasn't. Apparently being there meant less than genetics. For once Clara was there for Anna though, being the strong one, ignoring her own feelings and grabbing her mate in a tight hug... Squeezing her tightly and stroking her back. "It's okay my love... She didn't mean it..." Clara wasn't sure she believed what she was saying, but she was desperate for it to be true... She couldn't imagine Chris thinking that way, not thinking of her and Anna as parents, it was unfathomable. "Just let her cool down and then I'll go and talk to her..." Clara would handle it... Anna crying didn't only break her heart but it made her protective, and in this instance it meant taking on the job of figuring out what the hell Chris' problem was.

---

Chris was near tears herself by the time she got to her room. She slammed the door as hard as she possibly could and stomped over to her bed, plopping down on the edge and trying not to break down. Sometimes... Sometimes she said things she regretted, this was one of those times. She loved Anna and Clara so much, and yet, she had so much anger and confusion. It didn't help that she had just spent a month with people telling her she was better than both Clara and Anna, that she wasn't their daughter, that she was pure and they had expectations for her... Though that was the problem with being impressionable, it was a hard thing to know about yourself, it all seemed like original thinking to the young woman. No that every second had been about that, Clara's immediately family loved her, but the little factions within the high society family were not above sowing such disgusting seeds.

Still, thinking those were her own thoughts, it only made things worse. She felt conflicted, truly loving both of them and yet having those thoughts. Considering them mothers and yet saying they weren't aloud. It was such days that made her miss martial arts, fighting was always so cathartic. Still, as she sat there, holding back tears, she felt angrier still, that temptation to go against her heart gnawing at her, trying to make her do things she would regret, to spiral in to one of those moods that would persist despite being fully aware it was wrong and ridiculous. All over what? Being told she couldn't go to a friends house, and yet, as she pondered it she immediately leaned towards excuses rather than feeling, how she was old enough to make her own decisions, that school was an easy joke, how Anna had no right to say anything to her.... Not what she really wanted to say, not deep down, and yet they were the things she grasped at first, on the forefront of her mind.

"S-she's right. Even if she doesn't mean it she's right." Anna sniffled. She wasn't Chris' mom, not really, and it was a wonder that some of her real family hadn't taken her away from them yet. Usually she counted the days that Clara's mother didn't hound them to send Chris to a private school over there a blessing, but now she was worried that the girl might just jump on that standing offer and leave them. And what could she do about it? Nothing. Well something...maybe...they had legally adopted Chris, wanting the girl to feel like she was as much a part of their family as Caitlyn was. But if she didn't want to be here and kept feeling that way until she turned 18, there would be nothing they could do to keep her from running away to France for the rest of her days to live out a life as a pampered Chaumont. Anna didn't want that, she loved Chris, even if they weren't biologically related, she still thought of the young wolf was one of her babies and never wanted her to leave the nest.

"I shouldn't have hit her..." Anna murmured into Clara's neck. She wasn't sorry that she had done so, she could never apologize for the punishments she gave even if sometimes the consequences were very severe because any sign of weakness would tarnish her image of authority. The only time she had hit her girls was when they had been very little and hadn't known any better. Once they were a bit older and she had been able to reason with them or talk them down, she stopped spanking their bottoms and slapping their hands. Anna had never hit the girls because she was angry but this time she had, she had struck Chris because her words had hurt her deeply...disappointment washed over her, she tried so hard to lead by example but it was just so difficult sometimes, especially now that their two daughters were tempermental teenagers. Even Caitlyn could be rebellious at times, though not to the same extent as her cousin.

---

It must be sad, knowing your real parents and then having them suddenly taken away from you, then getting replacement parents instead. Caitlyn thought to herself as she peered out of her room to watch the fight, having paused her video game once she had heard the shouting. Of course Caitlyn had never known her real mother or father, no one did for that matter. She had been found by abuelo, abandoned in the woods...at least that's what everyone told her; she was under the assumption that if everyone told her that story then it must be true. So she didn't feel the same anger and confusion that she assumed her sister felt (cousin she supposed really) whenever their caretakers had to enforce the rules; Anna and Clara had always been mommy and mama to her, therefore she must obey the rules. The only time she ever put up a fight was when they made her do things which she thought were stupid (like make her bed)...but even then she would argue and usually end up doing what she was told anyways because Anna was better at thinking up reasons for why she should do things than she was at thinking up reasons why she shouldn't. Chris wasn't good at planning ahead and forming good arguments, not like she was, otherwise she would have given up on what was sure to be a losing argument before it had even started.

Anna was very shaken by the whole ordeal so Clara had taken her away to go snuggle in the living room and watch some TV to take her mind off of things while they waited for Chris to cool down. Caitlyn took that time to go sneak into Chris' room, unafraid of her sister's temper because it was hardly ever directed at her. She gave a few soft taps to the door, her signature timid knock, and then slipped inside. "Hey...moms are pretty mad you know... Well maybe not mad, just hurt." Caitlyn had caught her mother crying and while she didn't say that specifically, she wanted Chris to know that she had hurt Anna's feelings. It was hard to remember that moms had feelings like that sometimes, they both acted like indestructible super heroes. But even she was a little hurt by Chris' statement 'I hate it here!' Caitlyn was part of 'here' after all. "Did you mean all that stuff?" The younger wolf eyed her sister curiously because of she hadn't meant it then why on earth had she said it?

Anyone else coming in to her room at that moment would have gotten a pissed off remark and maybe some screaming. Caitlyn was special. It was practically impossible for her to be mad at her sister, unless she did something stupid and then she got scolded... The only times she ever seemed to act her age were when Caitlyn needed her, and even then the younger girl was far more often soothing her than the other way around. It had been that way since they were young, and Caitlyn was a special existence for the young, French Alpha. In fact she brought a smile to Chris' face as she came in, as timid and adorable as always. She was everything Chris wasn't. She was kind, thoughtful, patient, and most of all she really considered the gravity of her actions. Chris was lucky if she learned from them, and it seemed that most of the time she made the same mistakes she had in the past, repeating the rebellious cycle and making things more and more difficult every time.

"I didn't mean it Cait... Don't worry." She took a deep breath. It hadn't been easy to say how she really felt, her first urge had been to blurt out 'of course, I fucking hate being here!' but that wasn't the truth, and of all people, her sister was the one who could make her tell the truth. "I just... I didn't mean to hurt either of them, I love them so much, I love you... It's just hard sometimes, and I feel this need to lash out." She sighed, reaching out and pulling Caitlyn down onto the bed next to her, hugging the girl and taking a deep breath, taking in her cousin's scent. She had always felt comfortable with her... Relaxed... Happy. She was a calming influence for Chris. "I love you all, my moms... And my sister." She said, a small smile on her face as she pulled away from the hug, moving a strand of hair from Caitlyn's face and kissing her forehead. "I'll apologize later, for now I think I just need a bit of time alone to clear my head, so go play your games. I'll see you at dinner." She let her sister go then, standing up to go unpack her bag, knowing that as long as Caitlyn was around things would end up well in the end...

Caitlyn let herself be tugged and for a moment she wished that she was as strong as Chris was; the redhead was just all scrawny limbs and jagged joints, not tough and muscular like her older cousin at all. She cuddled up next to the other girl and returned the hug. "I love you too." A big smile formed on her lips when Chris called her her sister, it always made Caitlyn extra happy because her moms had to love her, they were her moms, but Chris didn't have to and yet the older girl still chose to lover her and think of her as a sister. "Okay." Before she left though, she quickly added. "Chris, I like you being here. I know your grandma wants you to live in France but I miss you when you leave for a month. I don't know what I'd do without you if you were gone for longer." The younger wolf smiled to her sister and then slipped out of the room. Caitlyn didn't consider Clara's side of the family to really be part of her family, so it was always 'your grandma' or 'your grandpa'. They were nice to her, polite...but polite in the way that made it seem like her moms had threatened them to behave around her.

-----

"Okay, now, I don't want you to think that you have to sleep with anyone or accept any offers of-"

"I know mom."

"Right. You know. Well, remember, your virginity is a gift and you shouldn't-"

"Mooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm." Caitlyn whined, cheeks turning almost as red as her hair. "Please, please stop. It's embarrassing. I'm nervous enough as it is without you helping."

"Well it wouldn't be fair for me to only make Chris uncomfortable right before her first ball and not you too." Anna smiled, it seemed like only yesterday that they had been getting Chris ready for her first werewolf event. Of course with Chris she had had to worry more, the older girl had been a lot more confident than Caitlyn, or at least had seemed that way, and so Anna had been worried that her eldest would charm the pants off of someone her first night out and get knocked up. Not that she didn't have any faith in Chris to make smart decisions...but the girl was a lot like Clara and she was nervous that if Chris liked boys then she would sleep around like her aunt had, increasing her risk for accidents to happen. For Caitlyn she only had to worry about the girl folding to peer pressure, so she had tried to boost her shy daughter's courage with all these embarrassing and awkward pep talks, hopefully that would be enough, and if not, well, she had a backup plan. As Chris went to leave, she hugged the girl and whispered into her ear, "Please keep an eye on your sister. I know the dances are a chance for you to hang out with your friends that you don't get to see very often, but just for this first one please make sure Caitlyn is okay, she's not as strong as you are, you have to protect her."

"Stop whispering to Chris!" Caitlyn huffed. "I can take care of myself just fine." Really she was just putting up a brave front so that her mothers would stop worrying. Inside she was absolutely terrified of going to this ball. All of her friends would no doubt want to find guys to dance with and do...things with. Caitlyn hadn't even had her first kiss yet! Hadn't even had a boyfriend. And now at 16 there was stupid pressure from the stupid werewolf community to make her start looking for a stupid mate that probably didn't exist because she was awkward and gangly and had no pedigree. She wasn't like her sister, tall and pretty and from a family that suitors were clamoring to get into. So Caitlyn had already resigned herself to having a miserable night, she didn't want her sister to have to have one too all because their mom wanted her to play babysitter.

The truth hadn't been a conscious thing until recently. The difference between love for a sister and love had never been distinguished, but slowly, as they grew up, Chris started noticing the differences between how she felt for Clara and Anna... And how she felt about Caitlyn. It had started in their early teens, cuddling together under the covers, bodies pressed up against one another. Chris had just learned about desires, lust, sex. Older girls had told a bunch of them about it, and as little sense as if had made at the time, it made a lot more that night. She felt flushed, needy, a sense of want that had been present but mistaken for something else. She wasn't sure, it was a confusing and horrible thing to think about her sister, she kept it buried, hoping it would go away. It never did. Even as they grew older it only became more clear. Every hug and kiss became exciting, fantasies included her younger sister, she pleasured herself to the other girl. It had become twisted, and where Caitlyn had already been everything to her, she simply became so much more.

It was so bad that she couldn't even feign interest in another, blowing off suitors without any hesitation, barely taking the time to look them up and down before sighing and shooing them away. She wanted Caitlyn, and that desire only grew as the other girl grew, becoming prettier by the day. She was going to be absolutely gorgeous in a few years, and was already beautiful enough. Chris had become aware of other eyes on her sister by that point. Luckily most of them stayed away, a mix of fear for Clara and Chris, and their heritage, and the Sandalio family kept all but the bravest eyes from looking. As if anyone wouldn't be scared of such powerful wolves all gathered into a single family, and the fact that Chris had a rather violent reputation by that point, a competent fighter and so very willing to use her skills to keep eyes from her little sis... All but her own.

---

The struggle to control her urges was hard enough even when she distracted herself, but with the talk of suitors and the shoddy sex talk, well it had Chris on edge. Every day of her life had been made easier by Caitlyn, and now her sister was at the age to find a mate. The very idea turned her stomach, it made her sick. Another person touching her, just looking at her, it was maddening. So she agreed when Anna asked her to watch Caitlyn, nodding slightly, already having every intention of keeping a close eye on her sister as usual. People at school and in their everyday life may have known to stay clear, but possible suitors at the ball may not, and she was ready to be there as a buffer, even if she knew better than to flat out scare people away, it was a right of passage after all... She couldn't be so obvious.

"Shush Cait, just get your butt to the car and accept that I'll be watching to make sure no punk touches you tonight." She could be more like a brother than a sister at times, having the mentality of physically protecting Caitlyn than comforting her mentally. She was even dragging Caitlyn out towards the car, leaning in to whisper the one thing she knew would help her sister cheer up. "You're looking fantastic tonight, truly beautiful. Just don't worry and have fun, despite what people make you think, these things are only about what you want them to be about. And if someone tries to pressure you otherwise..." She couldn't help but slip the last bit in, giving Caitlyn a peck on the cheek before getting into the driver's seat. Thank god she could drive. The night really would have been ruined if Clara or Anna came along... They both brought unique trouble. Anna was too worried to let anyone do anything, and Clara always seemed to make younger wolves squeal, it was annoying, and she often had Anna fuming despite not doing anything to attract said attention. Funny, but not worth the trouble.

Anna and Clara had both gone to Chris' first ball to chaperone so it made the Latina wolf even more hesitant to let her daughters go because they wouldn't be there. Plus part of her felt bad whenever she did something for one girl and not the other, she tried very hard to not show favoritism or accidentally alienate one of her daughters. But Clara had insisted that they stay home, saying that it would show Chris that they trusted her...really her lover probably just didn't want her to be growling at the young wolves that thought they had a shot with Clara, plus they were overdue for a night to themselves, one without kids around so that they could make as much noise as they pleased. "Alright girls have fun! Chris text me when you get there so I know you arrived okay." Anna gave both girls a quick hug goodbye as they left and then went to go find Clara who was no doubt in the bedroom wearing something mouthwatering.

"No ones gonna touch me anyways." Caitlyn muttered to herself as she was practically dragged out the door and steered off to the car. She felt foolish in this dress, not dress, gown! And she was frightened of being in a place with a bunch of wolves she didn't know. Caitlyn could be sweet and charming in her own way, but it took her a long time to warm up to strangers so few people stuck around long enough to learn that. "Thanks Chris..." She blushed a little bit at the compliment and then hugged her older sister. Then into the passenger slide she slid so that Chris could drive off.

Once they arrived at the venue, Caitlyn pulled out her phone to text mom that they were there. When she opened her purse to take out her phone she became astonished to find a safe sex kit in there. "What the...seriously?!" Ugh, there was even a dental dam and finger condom in there. Anna had just packed condoms for Chris because she had appeared to like boys early on, but because Caitlyn hadn't really been showing attraction for either sex she had gone ahead and covered all of her bases. It was times like these where Caitlyn didn't know whether to love her mom more for trying to keep safe or just be horrified that Anna was absolutely nuts. At least everything was neatly kept together in a ziplock bag so that she could remove it from her purse and leave it in the car so that she didn't have to spend the rest of her night paranoid that someone would see what was in her bag.

------

At the ball Caitlyn became separated from her sister...almost. Cait was standing with her friends and Chris was with her own but her sister was only ever a few feet away, giving her room to do as she pleased but also never letting her out of her eyesight. There wasn't much to watch though, Caitlyn liked to hide with her small clique of friends rather than go out and actively try to find a mate. She had plenty of time for that stuff, 16 was rather young to start werwolves looking for their life partners anyways.

As the night progressed, it became harder and harder to hide. Her friends all got asked to dance, even she had too a few times, but had politely declined before. Now that everyone had sort of partnered up, she had no excuse to say no to the handsome looking boy that asked her to dance. At least that was something she could do, dance. As clumsy as she could be, once music started playing it was like her long limbs finally stopped being spastic and could follow a soothing rhythm.

At Chris' first ball Anna and Clara had some idea in their heads that she was going to jump into bed with the first decent looking guy that hit on her. Unfortunately for all the guys, and girls, that tried their hand with the young French Alpha, she was quite uninterested in them. As time had passed Chris' desires had become very obsessive with Caitlyn. She was constantly at the girl's side, watching her, protecting her, perhaps a bit too much. Caitlyn rarely complained, but that was because she had no idea the truth behind the actions, why Chris clung to her. She loved her, and she had a feeling her little sister wouldn't be quite so happy to learn it was something else entirely compared to the familial love that was supposed to be there. Not that they didn't share similarities, not that Chris wouldn't always be there for her... It was just, different.

Those feelings made it extremely difficult to watch her sister, though it made it very easy to tell every person who approached her that she wasn't interested. Watching people hit on Caitlyn was a different story and by the time she finally took someone up on a dance the French Alpha was furious inside. Her ability to control her feelings had been getting worse in recent days. There had been a time when the feelings had been there but they were easy to keep beneath the surface. Now, it was quite the opposite. They had become so strong that keeping them pushed down was excruciating, especially with suitors now actively looking at her sister. The idea of her being with someone else was hard to take and could easily be the main reason Chris had been so snappy and angry with Clara and Anna. Part of her truly wished she had never been brought to that house... Not because she didn't love all of them dearly, but because she loved one of them in a way that was unacceptable, and perhaps if she hadn't been raised with her...

Those were the most infuriating thoughts, the what-ifs. Like she would have ever had a chance living in France, like she wouldn't have been poisoned by that side of the family... Regardless, she couldn't just watch Caitlyn get along with someone else, she needed air. So she left, against her judgement to stay and make sure nothing happened she headed for the door, knowing Caitlyn well enough to know the girl wasn't about to run off into a back room with a guy she had just met. The only mishap was one young male wolf trying to get in her way for a dance, he lasted about two seconds before Chris gave him a punch to the sternum, a sugary sweet smile, and walked away. Poor guy, he hadn't even been sleazy, he just chose the worst time to hit on her, and she didn't stop to apologize, just went straight out the doors, practically hyperventilating by the time the cool air hit her lungs.

The moment that the waltz had ended and the shy young wolf no longer had the distraction of music, she noticed that the familiar presence of her sister was missing. Panic struck her, Chris had always been there to protect her and make her feel safe, where the hell had her sister gone?! "Excuse me." Her voice and smile were tight and forced as she slipped out of the young man's arms, feeling bad that she didn't give him a proper explanation as to why she was leaving but too scared that Chris had abandoned her here to care. Caitlyn felt like she was 5 years old again and at her first day of school.

----

"What's wrong, Sissy?" Chris had been called down to Caitlyn's class on the first day of school because the younger girl had not stopped crying since she got there. It was expected, a lot of kids cried on their first day of school (of course Chris hadn't and the fact that her baby was growing up so fast had made Anna cry), but Caitlyn had been very difficult for the teacher to console because the girl was terrified of Ms. Rose who had bright red hair like she did. The similarity in their looks was actually really agitating Caitlyn because she thought that her mothers had left her here with this strange lady who was asking a lot of questions and trying to soothe her with sweet words the same way Anna did. She already had 2 moms! She didn't need a new one!

"I m-miss mommy. I d-don't wanna be here I wanna go home!" Caitlyn stammered out between choked sobs. Mama had told her to be brave and not cry. But she wasn't brave like mama and Chris, she was sensitive like mommy and that's where she wanted to be, at home and with Anna. She wished that mommy didn't have to go to work, that they could just stay home and play school there.

"You like learning stuff at home with mommy don't you? You get to do that stuff here. And you get to play outside for recess! There's a jungle gym and swings and all sorts of cool stuff."

Caitlyn shook her head, unmoved by all the new things that her sister said were here. She felt abandoned, like their mothers had put her here to get rid of here and that the school was isolating her and Chris on purpose as some sort of cruel method of torture.

"Don't cry Sissy! It's fun, I promise." Chris hugged her really really tight, and Caitlyn stopped crying for a moment because her sister was squishing her so hard that she couldn't remember to be sad. "I'll see you at lunch and at recess and then mommy will come pick us up and then we can go home and mommy will let us bake something fun together and then we can help mama cook." Chris remembered her first day of school mostly because afterwards Anna and her and Caitlyn had made really pretty cupcakes with fondant lilies and orchids ontop, then Clara had cooked a fancy dinner and had actually let Chris add spices and veggies to the pot on the stove (much to Anna's horror because the stovetop had actually been on) because she was a big girl after her first day of school.

"Promise?" Caitlyn sniffled, perking up at the prospect that she wasn't going to be alone in a scary place or trapped here forever.

"Promise."

----

Chris' scent was easy to find, it was so familiar to Caitlyn that the wolf had no trouble tracking her sister down. Outside in the chilly night air, she found her sister, a little ways away from the doors. "Chris!" She was about to chew her sister out for abandoning her, but then she saw that the other girl looked really stressed out and upset so her mood immediately shifted to concern. "Chris? What's wrong?" Caitlyn's own feelings always came second, she was constantly more worried about her family and her close friends than herself.

Chris had experienced a few panic attacks when she was younger, a part of the trauma of losing her birth parents at such a young age, but it had been a long time since those days. She was having trouble breathing, her heart was beating rapidly, and she felt a profound fear about losing Caitlyn. It was the scariest thing she had ever experienced, and only became more terrifying as she thought about what it was she was thinking about. It wasn't allowed, it wasn't right, and yet she could only think claiming thoughts. Calming herself down hadn't been easy, but after getting control of her breath and getting the fresh air she found herself slowly calming down, just not in time to avoid the last person she wanted to know finding her in distress. She turned to look at Caitlyn, who like always ran over at the first sign of anything unusual, she was always Chris' savior... But also her biggest challenge. Chris took a moment, getting herself completely under control before giving her sister a small smile, trying to figure out the right words to say... The thoughts that came to her mind were not comforting.

She wasn't even sure what had come over her, but by the time any of it made sense she had grabbed Caitlyn and had her pushed up against the cold brick wall. "What's wrong?" No... Not now, she didn't want that part of her to come out now... But it was too late, it had been building up for years, all night, she couldn't control herself. "You're the problem." She couldn't give a more explanation than that because right in that moment she finally realized what it was driving her to think and act the way she did... It was her wolf. Flecks of gold sparkled in her eyes and she pinned Caitlyn's wrists to the wall, her own, muscular body pressing up against Caitlyn's as she leaned in closer. Hot breath spilled across Caitlyn's flesh as the powerful French Alpha took in her scent, a low growl of pure desire echoing out of her throat as she pushed her lips against Caitlyn's ear. "I can't take it anymore... Watching you with others. I'd ignored it until tonight, but this damn ball, these fucking people thinking you're looking for a suitor... You're mine." Her words were spoken in a firm, absolute tone. Caitlyn belonged to her, she wasn't going to give her up.

After a moment of letting her claim sink in she let her teeth scrap across her sister's earlobe, purring as she did, strong arms and body keeping Caitlyn still as Chris pulled back, swallowing hard before giving in completely and forcing a kiss on the other girl. It was not gentle, but her passion and desires easily slipped through, the older girl not stopping until her lungs burned, only then pulling back, panting. She was scared, terrified that by the end of the night she would have ruined everything, but finally getting what she wanted, speaking her desires out loud... It was beyond merely satisfying. She loved Caitlyn, and she had for a very, very long time.

"Chris!" Caitlyn squeaked as her sister grabbed her and pushed her back up against the wall. She shivered, her porcelain skin becoming covered in goosebumps from the surprise and the cold. She gawked at the older girl, mouth slightly opened as she struggled to find words. Sometimes they wrestled, Chris liked to rough house and show off, but when they did such things it was usually over who was going to have the last yogurt cup. This instance wasn't like any of the other times they had played in the past and fear actually clutched at Caitlyn's heart because it was becoming rapidly evident that Chris was not playing. "What?" She was the problem? What had she done? Was Chris mad that mom had basically ordered her to blow off her friends and watch over her lame little sister? And as the questions piled up, terror began to take hold because she could see the gold in Chris' blue eyes, felt the strong grip tighten against her wrists that were pinned uselessly to her sides. "Chris I'm sorry!" She didn't even really know what she was apologizing for, but she'd say sorry without question to whatever she did that had made her sister so angry that it had actually stimulated her wolf. Caitlyn shivered as warm breath spilled over her ear and neck. If she weren't so scared she might have actually giggled, there was a very ticklish spot right under her ear that Chris was currently breathing on.

'You're mine.' The words filled her with even more confusion. She couldn't be Chris', that was silly! They were sisters...well not really sisters, not biologically ones anyways. It was a relief to know that the older wolf wasn't mad...but as she felt blunt to graze her earlobe, she almost wished she was. Mad Chris was something she knew, something she could deal with, but whatever Chris she had infront of her right now was a totally different animal. She squirmed in the other girl's grip, trying to get away. Maybe if there was a little bit of distance between them...maybe if she could just back up a little bit so that they could talk things through... But it was too late, Chris was so much stronger than she was and now her lips were pressed firmly against Caitlyn's. The younger girl froze, her grey eyes going wide in surprise. Even if this wasn't so taboo that it put her stomach into nervous knots, she still wouldn't have known what on earth to do because she had never been kissed before.

By the time Chris pulled away, Caitlyn's lungs burned and her heart had somehow fallen into the pit of her stomach to be eaten up by the acid. She felt sick, like she was either going to throw up or going to feint. And then right when she thought things couldn't get any worse and she couldn't feel any shittier, she started to cry. Unbidden tears flowed freely down her cheeks as she looked at her sister who appeared to want nothing more than for Caitlyn to reciprocate everything that she had put out there. She couldn't do this, they couldn't. It was too much, Chris meant too much to her for her to want to ruin everything by dating her. She loved her sister more than anything, was thankful every day that Chris was there to be her big sister and protect her. Why should they risk all the good things they had now for something that was wrong, for something that could never work out and would only ruin them? And Chris, oh God, that look in her eyes, it broke Caitlyn's heart and she almost wanted to say 'I'm yours' if only to make her sister feel better...but she knew she couldn't.

"I'm sorry Chris."

She could see that Caitlyn was scared, but by that point it was too late, she couldn't stop. What happened after the kiss sent Chris into a panic. Tears. She had never made Caitlyn cry before, never been the cause, and yet, as horrible as she felt it wasn't her sister crying that caused the most pain. It was what she knew was coming next, tears only meant one thing. It meant Caitlyn didn't want it, or her, it was as if she were seeing the train wreck before it happened, and it made her feel like throwing up, because if Caitlyn was crying... No! A snarling voice rang out inside her head as Caitlyn apologized, looked at her with pity, or something close enough that it made Chris want to punch through the wall behind her. "No! Don't apologize!" She wasn't that loud but the anger in her voice made it clear she couldn't take what was happening. "Don't you dare look at me like that Caitlyn... You're the only one not allowed to look at me with like, like you pity me."

Caitlyn had always been her rock, the one constant in her life that made Chris feel like it would all be okay, and one of the few who didn't look at her with pity or talk about her when she wasn't listening. All of the Sandalios were good people, her parents were, Caitlyn was, but everyone else could go to hell. Having her sister join others with that same look, it was unbearable. Worse... It suddenly dawned on her that after making her feelings known, after forcing the kiss, there was no turning back. Either Caitlyn accepted her and felt the same way or she didn't, either way it would be impossible. So if they couldn't go back, if she had ruined everything... She just wouldn't let no be the answer, I'm sorry wasn't good enough.

Chris laughed, grip loosening on Caitlyn as she felt the need to crack up at the situation. On one hand she felt horrible, desperate, sick. On the other... Determined. She chose to choose the one that got her what she wanted... She couldn't let Caitlyn go. "I'm sorry isn't going to cut it Cait... I love you..." She swallowed hard and leaned in, teeth sinking into Caitlyn's flesh just enough to leave a mark, and being such a rash decision she actually felt astonished she had done it. She pulled back looking as sure of herself as ever. "You're mine... Nobody else can have you. Come get me when you're ready to go home." She was already at her limit, panic starting to push aside her grin and desires, and as suddenly as it had started it was over... And Chris was walking away, fighting the urge to sprint, barely making it inside and to the bathroom before the panic set in again, the young wolf bursting into an empty stall and desperately holding back tears... What was she doing... She didn't know what she was going to do anymore. Her desires were much too strong.

Chris' tone made her jump, the younger wolf startled by the anger in her sister's voice. Somewhere in the back of her mind she knew that Chris would never hurt her. Even though she looked like she wanted to punch a hole straight through the brick wall right now, Caitlyn firmly believed that her sister would never lay a hand on her like that. Maybe that was what kept her from fighting, from shifting and trying to bite the stronger wolf, burst out with a surprise attack so that she could get away. "I don't p-pity you!" Caitlyn stammered out. A lot of people treated them like they were poor little injured animals because they were both orphans; Caitlyn hated that. She was sensitive! And there was nothing wrong with that, Anna and Aunt Jade were sensitive too. And Chris was just angry sometimes, so did Clara and Uncle Jackson and Aunt Jessie, there was nothing wrong with that either. So no, she didn't pity Chris, not ever! She was just sad that her sister wanted something so bad and would never be able to get it....that wasn't pity...not really...okay maybe a little bit.

"I love you too Chris but not in that w-AY!" Caitlyn gasped as teeth suddenly sank into the delicate flesh of her throat. Oh no no no no no no no no no no no no no noooo!!! Even though she was a werewolf, Caitlyn still managed to bruise like a peach. She whimpered softly, her head tilting just the slightest bit, Caitlyn's wolf responding to the strong Alpha that was marking her even if the human side felt like this was so very wrong. Thankfully the bite was over in mere seconds and Chris was pulling away, leaving Caitlyn there to tremble. Once her sister had left after delivering a few more words that Caitlyn barely heard, the girl sank down onto the sidewalk, curling into a little ball of sadness.

Eventually she grew cold after sitting out there for almost a half an hour and wanted to go back home. It was still a little early but she wanted to be somewhere familiar, just shower and go curl up in bed and forget that any of this had ever happened. Unwilling to go inside where her peers were still laughing and dancing the night away, she texted Chris [I want to go home]. And then she waited for however long it would take for her sister to come back out. The car ride was spent in silence on her part, she was still too shellshocked over what had happened earlier that she didn't know what to say to her sister.

At least Anna and Clara were both unconscious from an entire night of fooling around, she really didn't want to explain the mark on her neck to them. Plus it was going to take her some time to figure out how the hell to hide the stupid thing anyways. Still not speaking to Chris, she headed straight for the bathroom so that she could take an extra long shower to cleanse herself from their encounter so that she could go to sleep feeling less like a disgrace.

Discontinuity between the two forces within her made things so scary for the girl. There was her human half who loved Caitlyn so much that she would have protected her from the shadows forever, and allowed her love to lie dormant if that was what it took for her sister to be happy. That same side of her was terrified of losing anyone else important in her life, and right at the top of importance to her was Caitlyn. It was a double edged sword. On one hand the could have done nothing, said nothing, and watched as the person she cared most for in the entire world was taken by another person and continue as the sister she knew Caitlyn adored... Or she could betray that adoration and push her own feelings on to the girl and hope Cait chose her... Unfortunately her wolf had made the decision for her and now she may have lost Caitlyn completely. The girl had clearly not wanted to be her lover, she loved her as family, not as a woman, and she didn't imagine them being able to go back to close siblings after what she had done. She felt trapped, and when Chris felt trapped she often turned to her wolf, the protective creature that stood over her rather fragile inner self.

So when she got the text from Cait she didn't let herself freak out and she didn't stay locked up in the bathroom hoping it would all be a horrible nightmare if she closed her eyes and hid long enough. Instead Chris walked out of the bathroom and right towards her car, finding Caitlyn waiting and as ready to leave as Chris was. She hadn't counted on the silence, though she wasn't quite sure what she expected. Caitlyn had always told and asked her about anything, and whenever they got into a fight, which had been rare, the younger girl tried her hardest to settle it and get back to normal. That wasn't a realistic expectation anymore, not for what had happened. Unknowingly she had cut Caitlyn off from the one person she could always turn to... And Chris had done much the same to herself.

Chris had no plans to let Caitlyn ignore her though, even if she had been upset initially. She was up to her rationalizing game again, denying the fact and choosing to look at things from a new, biased angle. She told herself that Caitlyn may be in the same boat as she had been at one point, unaware of what the difference between familial love and attraction were... Because for so long she had mistaken her desires as familial feelings of affection. Whatever reasons she came up with they led her to one thing... Sitting in her room fighting with regret and panic, and slipping in to Caitlyn's room after she finished showering, giving her a moment, but not long before she slipped in and moved over in her sister's direction. She wasn't aggressive, she didn't rush her or pin her down, she just moved over, looking at her in much the way as she would any other, normal night. "Are you scared of me now Cait? Are you going to hate me for what I want?" It was her fear speaking more than anything, masked by tone but being questions she couldn't shake from her mind. Being hated... It would be awful.

Usually shower time was a time for Caitlyn to let her mind wander and process the day’s events. Unfortunately she couldn’t process anything, all she could do was replay her sister saying things like ‘You’re mine’ and ‘Nobody else can have you’. Caitlyn had stood under the showerhead, scrubbing her body furiously until the pale flesh turned an angry bright red, brushed her teeth about 10 times, gargled with mouthwash until her lungs ached from the effort, and still she didn’t feel clean. There was nothing much more she could do about it, not unless she wanted to brush away all of her tastebuds or scrape her skin off with a wire brush. By the time she was finished in the bathroom she was just exhausted from the task of cleaning herself and the emotional stress that she had been under all day.

Now dry and with a towel wrapped around her body, she dragged her drained body to her bedroom and softly shut the door behind her. She checked herself in the vanity, a frown pursing her lips as she saw the prominent purple bruise staining her flesh. Hopefully it would fade away more in the morning. For now she just turned away and focused on grabbing a fresh set of pajamas and then crawling into bed. Chris must’ve heard the mattress creak because now she was stepping inside of her room. Most nights she enjoyed her sister coming over for a late night talk but now Caitlyn didn’t know what to say.

“No…not scared.” Maybe a little bit, but she wasn’t going to tell Chris that. The intensity, the conviction, how sure that Chris seemed about all of this was what frightened her. For a lot of the night Caitlyn had been looking anywhere and everywhere else that she could; she just didn’t want to meet Chris’ eyes. But when the word ‘hate’ came up she finally looked over to her big sister. “I could never hate you Chris! You’re still my sister, no matter what. I just…I just wish that you didn’t want the things that you want. I can’t give you those things.”

Caitlyn was gorgeous. Sometimes it baffled Chris how her sister wasn't aware of just how lovely she was. She had noticed, and as much as she hated it other people noticed too, and not just their moms, boys. Cait had plenty of admirers, and they all knew like she did that the young wolf was just starting to grow in to her body... That she would only become more gorgeous over the next few years. That realization was so much worse now that Caitlyn would be entertaining suitors, knowing what they wanted from her sister, that just by being raised in separate places that they would have an advantage. Why couldn't it have been her? Why couldn't she be the one to sweep Caitlyn off her feet and love her... Was she not good enough? The thought almost made her burst out crying, a few tears playing at her eyes, threatening to descend down her gorgeous features. As she looked over at Caitlyn, comforted slightly that Caitlyn would never hate her, she felt overwhelmed with emotion, both disappointment and regret.

"I'm not going to take back the things I said... I truly do love you Caitlyn, and this isn't something recent, it's been this way for a very long time. I just... As much as the thought of you being with someone else hurts, you and me not being close even as sisters breaks my heart more. I don't want things to be awkward because I can't control my emotions." She took a few steps towards Caitlyn, hesitant to do anything that might scare her precious sibling. "If I promise not to try and do anything... Can I sleep in here?" She looked like a child again, a soft, frightened look on her face. It was similar to all those nights she had nightmares about the car accident and come running to Caitlyn, she always made everything better. Even now, when it was Chris' own fault things were fucked up, she had a feeling she could rely on her younger sister to make everything okay. It was unfair, but Chris needed everything to be okay.

"Please Cait... I can't lost you too." It was all she could say as she took another step forward and reached a hand out, gently touching her sister's shoulder, desperately begging with her pitiful expression and soft touch. She was horrible, expecting her mess to be swept under the rug, that she deserved anything but hate and disgust, but the only thing she had left to cling on to was Caitlyn being the selfless girl she had always been... And hope she could keep her wolf under control... Even when she went to the room it had been trying to influence her, screaming at her to pin down and claim the younger wolf, to exert dominance, even when Chris really wanted to comfort Caitlyn and beg for forgiveness. It was a fight between the human, who wanted Cait in her life no matter what that meant, and her wolf, who sought to mark and truly claim Cait as her mate. It would have been easier if they didn't overlap as much as they did.

Caitlyn remembered how Chris would run into her room when she was little and wake her up because for some reason waking up her one little sister wasn’t as bad as waking up her two mothers. The older wolf would be scared and sometimes crying and little Caitlyn hadn’t known what else to do with her but tell her to come stay in her bed, that there was safety in numbers, and that she would protect her from all the bad monsters that lived in Chris’ head. Then when they had gotten older, the night terrors and panic attacks had become fewer and more far between; but still, when they happened, Caitlyn would let Chris come into her room and sleep in her bed. She would hug her sister tight and let her cry if she needed to and whisper soothing words, or she would just lay there and be silent, letting Chris vent about how the world had been so unfair when it had taken her parents away.

Tonight was different though, tonight Chris didn’t want to stay in her bed because she was having a nightmare, she wanted to stay in her bed because she was afraid of losing her. Her explanation of why she had acted the way she did gave Caitlyn a little bit of hope. Maybe this was just Chris’ way of trying to keep her to herself. Maybe she didn’t want them to grow up, find mates, and then slowly drift apart once they had their own families. Such a thought was silly, Anna was still close to her family and they went to dinner at abuelo and abuela’s every Sunday. But then she thought about Clara, how she only saw her family maybe two or three times a year and always seemed really excited to leave by the end of every stay; she could see how Chris could be so upset at the thought of losing her and understand how that fear may manifest itself in the form of something absolutely insane.

“You’re not going to lose me too.” That did it, hearing Chris say that she was afraid of losing her in a similar way that she had lost her parents pulled on the young wolf’s heartstrings enough to get her to forget everything that had happened. “Come here…” Caitlyn peeled off the covers to expose the sheets so that Chris could get in the bed. “You don’t have to be so afraid of losing me Chris, it makes you not act like yourself. Even when we grow up and get mates I’m always going to be your little sister and I’m always going to be around.” Then she hugged her sister tight. “Come on…I’m tired and my feet hurt and I just want to go to sleep. And don’t hog all the covers this time butthead.”

Chris and Caitlyn had always had an interesting relationship. Chris was stronger, much more protective, and a bit overbearing when it came to her sister. She would gladly hurt anyone who mistreated the younger wolf, especially when they were younger and people hadn't learned what would happen. She was also way more of a trouble-maker than her adorable baby sis. Caitlyn on the other hand, despite all of her kindness and sensitivity, was the mentally strong of the two. It wasn't intelligence, they were both little nerds thanks to Anna, but Caitlyn could compartmentalize and handle things so much better than Chris, who was rather fragile when it came to certain things. Caitlyn was the stronger of the two, in every aspect but raw physical ability, and she had always taken care of the French Alpha... Comforting her... Accepting her... And now, forgiving her of something so horrible that it made the older girl's stomach churn.

"Thank you." Those were the last words she said for the night as she hugged her sister back and followed her into the bed and under the covers, turning around to be the little spoon, even though it would have looked backwards to most. She always had liked being the little spoon... While her body slept her mind did not however, the entire night filled with painful nightmares, this time not of her parents but of Caitlyn leaving, being with someone else, laughing and holding another... Being taken. Her wolf would not stop gnawing at the cage of her rationality, not even as she slept. It was so difficult for Chris to accept any of it, she had always thought they would never part... Same schools, even college, living together... And in that dark corner of her heart she pictured Cait as her mate.

---

The next morning she woke up first, mind restless and body feeling a little clammy after the nightmares. So she slipped out, trying her best not to wake the gorgeous creature next to her, only giving a soft loving smile once she escaped, the sight of Cait sleeping always an adorable one. 'Love you...' She mouthed, daring not speak and wake her, and then as quietly and carefully as she had slipped from her sister's grasp, she left the room, heading straight for her own room to grab some clothes and jump in the shower. Not that she was in a rush, there were no classes so she got to lounge around in an old, loose t-shirt and some boyshorts. If there was one thing good about having two moms and a sister, it was not having to worry about wearing anything but what was comfortable on her days off.

"Mrphrm..." Caitlyn huffed sleepily and swiped at the blank spot on the bed when Chris left. The younger girl just loved to cuddle, she had always sat in her mother's lap or curled up under their arms when she was little. But cuddling with Chris was better, she got to be the big spoon even though she was smaller.

Caitlyn could sleep an entire day away if left alone. She was nocturnal and liked to stay up late to either read or play video games; it sucked during the school year because she had to be up at 6am to get ready. Anna didn't let her do such things though, at least when she could help it. So Caitlyn awoke at 10am to her mother gently scritching the top of her head. "Come on sweetheart time to get up... What is on your neck?" Anna's voice rose in panic as she saw the mark on her daughter's neck. Not even Chris had come home with such a blatant display of ownership before.

"Huh?" Caitlyn yawned and stretched...and then shot up in a panic, hand moving to block the mark on her neck even though it was too late, Anna had already seen it. "It's nothing!" Her mother's stern glare made her shrink. "It's nothing...just a mistake..." Caitlyn said lamely.

Anna frowned even more. "From who? Are you seeing this person? Or was this a one night thing."

"It was just a dumb one night mistake mom!"

"Caitlyn, did someone hurt you?" Anna grew serious whenever her daughters hid things from her. They were always so forthcoming and whenever they weren't, alarm bells went off.

"What? No! No...I just...it wasn't like that." Chris hadn't hurt her, she had scared her, but not hurt her. How could she tell her mother such a thing though? Chris hadn't meant what she had done. She had just been scared of losing her, that was all. Caitlyn didn't want her big sister to get in trouble over one mistake. "Mom I just...it's okay. Everything is okay and I'm fine and no one hurt me. I just have a dumb bruise is all."

Anna seemed less than convinced and she wasn't going to let this go, but she was relieved to hear that no one had hurt her baby girl. "Fine...but if I see another one of those marks I'm going to have your Aunt Leslie tail you and find out who marked you so that I maul them to death." She wasn't kidding either, as sweet and as kind as Anna was, nobody fucked with her babies. With a sigh, she supposed that she was going to have to have a talk with Chris later about watching her sister properly. For now though she had to help Caitlyn hide that thing because Clara would certainly end up furious if she saw that someone had had the audacity to mark one of their children.

----

"Caitlyn sweetie it's time to get up for school~" Anna called for her baby girl with the same sing song voice she had used to wake them up when they had been very little. She knocked softly on the door before opening, a wall of thick pheremones hitting her as she did.

"Mom I feel sick..." Caitlyn whimpered and curled up into a tighter ball under the sheets. She had been up for awhile, awoken by this intense, confusing need to mate. She had tried to masturbate to make the feeling go away but it hadn't worked, if anything it had just served to make the ache in her core worsen to the point that now she had a headache.

"Oh honey you're just going through your first heat." Anna smiled, unphased by the scent of her daughter because she was bonded to Clara. She could be in a room full of attractive males and females in heat, but the only person she would ever want was her beautiful French Alpha. Unfortunately she knew that the wolves at Caitlyn's school would not be so indifferent to her scent. "I think we'll have you stay home today, I'll ask Chris to pick up your homework and things for you."

Caitlyn whined. She hated missing school! Had actually snuck onto the bus when she had the flu one time and had infected so much of the student population that they had actually shut down the school for a few days because so much of the staff had gotten sick as well. But she supposed her mother was right. When she had had the flu it had just affected her body, this heat was totally affecting her mental capacities. All she could think about was being bent over and roughly claimed by a faceless figure, just the thought made her inner muscles quiver.

"It's early in the year for you to be in heat. But don't worry, the next ones will be more predictable and you can take your medication accordingly." Anna had stepped out only to come back with two bottles of pills and an ice pack. "This one will suppress your scent, and this one will help deal with your hormones. And we'll have to take you to the doctor so that they can prescribe you the proper dose." Caitlyn was much smaller than the three of them, only slightly above average in height and very skinny. Because this was only her first heat and wouldn't be as strong as the ones she felt from years 18-25, Anna only gave her daughter half of what Clara would take. "Just try to relax Cait. You'll be okay. I'll stop by the sex shop on my way home from work and get you a toy to help you get through this."

"Mom! Get out! And don't buy me any sex toys!" Oh god she couldn't believe her mother sometimes.

"You'll be singing a different tune tomorrow." Anna smirked, remembering how awful her first heat had been. She kissed the top of her daughter's head and pat her gently. "You'll be okay honey. Just take your medicine. It might make you nauseous or moody...and sometimes it makes the headache worse, but you'll be okay. Just drink a lot of water and try to relax."

Chris had gotten an earful from Anna after the ball, about how she shouldn't let anyone touch her sister. She felt so fortunate that Caitlyn had kept it to herself that the one who had made the mark was actually Chris... Because she wasn't sure what the conversation would be if Anna had known that, but she knew it would have been a much more serious affair, and no doubt Clara would have been there as well. Best case, she got a severe scolding and would have been watched very closely around her sister, worst case... They would have considered sending her away. Just the thought of that made her scared, and she had spent a good deal of the day trying to figure out how in the hell she was going to control herself, knowing that her outburst wasn't as meaningless a deal as she had led Caitlyn to believe, and if it happened again her chances of convincing her sister to trust her would be null and void. So for the most part she spent the end of the weekend alone, distracting herself with a few games and exercise.

It didn't boost her confidence when Anna told her Caitlyn was staying home, and paranoia made her slink to the car, visibly upset that her sister was staying home and getting a reassuring "Don't worry Chris, she's just under the weather." She hoped that was true, giving Anna a small smile, "I'll bring some soup home with the homework then." With that she waved and was gone, going right to school to spend the entire day wishing Caitlyn was with her. It was strange, Chris had friends, was ahead of Caitlyn in school, but constantly joined her and walked Caitlyn to class, or at lunch with her when they had it together. She was stuck to her little sister like glue... She wondered if Caitlyn had ever considered how strange it was that she wanted to spend so much time with her, but immediately known the answer... They were sisters, Cait would never think it was weird, she wasn't aware of Chris at all in any capacity more than, family.

---

When she finally got back home Chris was exhausted, gym having been basketball and Chris being a tad competitive... Just a little. She loved having it as the last class of the day too, because instead of a stuffy uniform she got to wear her gym clothes home, and sweaty or not they were a hell of a lot more comfortable. "Cait! I'm home!" She was surprised her sister wasn't making any noise, usually the TV was on and either a movie or video game let them know she was still alive, her little sister having an even worse habit than her about locking herself in her room, especially when she wasn't feeling well. It worried Chris that there was no signs of life. "Cait, I brought your favorite soup~" She sung, heading towards the room with the bag in hand, leaving her backpack on the downstairs counter with her dirty uniform.

It wasn't until she made it to Caitlyn's door that she heard something, unsure what it was at first but getting a clearer picture as she got closer, going as far as to sticking her ear against the wood. It was moaning, soft, heavy... Tantalizing. Chris swallowed hard, chewing on her lower lip as she listened to the sound of her sister pleasuring herself, because there was nothing about them that sounded like pain, only delight. She couldn't take it, listening was killing her self-control, and she went as far as to knock and start opening the door, "Hey Cait, I'm home." When the door opened it really hit her though, not the moaning but, but... Her eyes flickered with gold as the smell of a bitch in heat hit her nostrils, the French alpha taking a deep sniff before she could stop herself. A low growl echoed in her throat and she dropped the bag in her hand, approaching the bed and looking down at Caitlyn, the pheromones of her sister in heat too much. She didn't know what to do, everything she had thought about to control herself, none of it had factored in this...

Caitlyn was miserable.

This was just like when she had gotten that bullshit talk about "becoming a woman" when she had reached the awkwardness of puberty. She had needed braces, her legs had been sore from growing pains, and no matter how much she worked out she couldn't put on any muscle and look gorgeous like Chris. There was nothing good about "becoming a woman." And now when she was finally starting to grow into her human body and get this teenage thing down, her treacherous werewolf form decided to screw everything up by starting up with this heat nonsense. No matter how many times she came, it wasn't enough. No matter how many things she tried to distract herself with, all she could think about was sex.

The pills weren't making a dent in her libido. Maybe they were doing a better job of masking her scent, she didn't know, she couldn't smell herself anymore. But they sure as hell weren't helping with the clawing need in her core. The most they had done was make her tired so after the first dozen orgasms this morning she had been able to sleep for a little while. Unfortunately now she was awake again and the need was back.

She kicked off her blankets, feeling entirely too hot, and flipped onto her stomach. Maybe this position would be better than just laying on her back, it would allow her to fantasize about being claimed a little more vividly. Caitlyn wriggled up onto her knees, trying to get comfortable in this new position. She reached between her legs, easily finding the needy bud of her clit. Just the slightest touch made her let out a relieved sigh. Even though she knew she was home alone, Caitlyn was still quiet as she started to play with herself, only letting out soft pants and muffled moans out of habit. The more she teased her clit, the worse her inner muscles clenched. She whined softly, her dumb heat not even letting her masturbate the way she was used to, her body demanded penetration. And so she was forced to oblige, dipping her fingers down lower to tease her virgin entrance.

So focused on trying to trick her wolf into believing that her slender fingers were actually a thick throbbing cock, Caitlyn didn't hear anyone open the front door, didn't hear her name being called. The sound of her bedroom door opening made her just about jump out of her skin. "Chris!" She was equal parts mortified and relieved that it hadn't been one of their mothers walking in on her. Fuck, why did she have to be in such a compromising position, she should've just stayed under her covers and on her back so that she could pretend nothing had been happening. She scrambled to get under the covers, her fingers slipping from her dripping wet slit with a slick pop as hurried to cover herself.

Now that she was turned around, Caitlyn could take in the gorgeous alpha standing in front of her. Chris had always looked beautiful, tall and muscular, with just the right amount of curve to make her absolutely mouthwatering. Guh...and the worst part was that Caitlyn could smell her from here, and while her sister didn't have the scent of a bitch in heat like she did, Chris was covered in the scent of a healthy, virile Alpha. As sick as her human mind would think the attraction was, the wolf in her didn't care.

There was nothing Chris could do, and with the massive surge of desire she didn't want to, the heat completely eradicating logic and restraint and leaving Chris' actions up to the truest of her emotions, the primal ones. Hell, even without the heat it would have been hard to ignore what she had seen, her gorgeous little sister, the woman she was madly in love with, fingering herself like a needy slut, that was not a sight that was easily pushed aside. The French Alpha growled, a growing impatience in her eyes and an ever growing presence of gold fluttering through. "No hiding." She was practically panting and drooling just from the smell, and without an ounce of hesitation she stepped forward and ripped the covers away, tossing them behind her and taking a brief moment to admire the sight before her, a grin spreading across her face as she took the sight in. Caitlyn was gorgeous, and only grew more so by the day. The desire to claim Caitlyn for herself was stronger than ever, and this time there was nothing to snap her out of it.

Before Caitlyn could think Chris' wants had her rushing forward, muscular form pinning the younger wolf on her back, Chris atop her grinning and licking her lips. "I can smell your need." She chuckled, her own scent starting to grow stronger as she began practically dripping. She brought Caitlyn's hand up to her mouth and put the fingers that had been inside the younger girl into her mouth, tongue swirling around the digits, getting the first taste of Caitlyn's juices. A throaty moan spilled out from around the fingers as she savored the taste and received a more intense smell of the woman than ever. She only pulled the fingers out when they had been licked clean, and she didn't let her lips be restless for long, quickly moving down and kissing Caitlyn with more passion and roughness than she would ever have done without the influence of her sister's heat.

Her tongue slid into Cait's mouth, exploring the little opening, during that time Chris managed to release her sister's wrists and get her shirt most of the way off, only breaking the kiss to remove it before starting back again. Her sports bra was next, but when the kiss broke again she leaned down and licked the mark left by her the night before. "My bitch..." She snarled, her wolf begging to take over completely but Chris managing to repress it enough to have enough control to not turn and let it have full reign. She did lick and bite at Caitlyn's ear though, tugging on the lobe and grinding her teeth over the flesh. "Beg for it..." Chris let her fingers slip down between the two of them and teasingly rub Cait, body rocking back and forth as fingers playfully flirted with the outskirts of Caitlyn's sex. "I'm going to have you... You're mine... Beg." She repeated, those 'things she did out of fear' coming right back around as she sought to once again have Caitlyn for herself. Every. Single. Bit.

Back
Top Bottom