Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Not Dead Yet - OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traveler

Pulsar
Not%20Dead%20Yet%20copy_zps2e7zljhz.jpg

Welcome to the year 2020. The US went into martial law halfway into 2016, thwarting the elections that year and sending the economy into a tailspin. Wars escalated all over the planet, with drought, disease, and biological weapons plaguing the atmosphere, people began to die off for unexplained reasons.

Then the dead began to rise...
Zombie.gif

~RULES~​
Check back often for updates!​

1. This is supposed to be fun. Let's keep it that way. :cool:
2. I am the GM. All disputes or questions go through me and my final word is law.
3. Be considerate of others. Don't puppet other's characters or god-mode, or be an ass.
4. Part of being considerate of others is to give everyone a chance to post, but if someone takes too long (3-4 days without a response) then I'll move the post along and give that player a chance to jump back in.
5. On that note, let us know if you need to be gone for a significant amount of time or if you want to drop out. Life happens, and we all know that real life comes first.
6. If your character does stupid things then he/she may suffer for it.

~GENERAL INFORMATION~​

I will lay out the scenarios and direct the game just like good old D&D style games, but without the dice! How does that work, you ask?

Here's how: In your post you describe what your character is trying to accomplish. For instance, "John laid his rifle barrel on the window sill and took careful aim, knowing that a missed shot could be fatal for his friends, but if he didn't try then they would die. Slowly he pulled the trigger."

Then I will post "John's bullet flew true, zipping across the long yard, and taking out the zombie's neck instead of it's head. It did the trick, however; the creature stumbled back and the momentary pause in it's attack gave Gail the time she needed to get away from the threat. A moment later the walker went down, it's head smashed by Peter's pick axe."

How do we design our characters?

I'll set up a Character Profile thread with the rules for your characters. All questions can be directed back to this OOC.

Can I have pre-existing relationship with other characters?

Of course! Coordinate with other players and include it in your characters' bios. It's all good.

When will you post, GM?

Most of my posting will be Monday - Friday, though I'll be reachable for questions during most weekends.

How often do I have to post?

To keep the play fair I'm hoping that everyone can give each other a chance to respond to a post before reposting. If 3-4 days have passed and there is no movement I'll post to get us going again. If everyone is online and we all post once a day or more that's great, but I would like to not leave anyone behind by moving too quickly, nor do I want to stall the story by going too slowly.

Added 8/19/15 - Can the zombies run? (PM question)

The zombies will start out as basically feeding machines, bent on finding living food. Humans are their preference but any flesh will do. If they do not eat they will decay more rapidly and eventually fall apart, until there is no ability left to be a threat. They walk or shamble at this point, and they are able to walk up slopes or climb simple stairs, but they do not have the mental capacity to climb a ladder or turn a knob on a door.

Added 8/19/15 - :Is it okay to post more than one time if another person has not posted yet? As long as it does not move the story away from the person who hasn't posted? Say You me you me and then the other two?" - from a PM question.

Sure. If other players aren't in the scene or they aren't in a position to interact that would be fine.

If you and another player have some back and forth conversation and want to create a co-post that is edited from PM or IM interaction you can as well. Just post a disclaimer at the beginning that this is a co-post between you and the other player.

~Feel free to ask questions or just chat in this thread.~​
Zombie.gif

Excellent character, Purplehaze. Naomi's accepted as she is. As the events unfold I'll present several opportunities for her to acquire other weapons and gear. Consider what her motivations are in the RP - is she hoping to get back to her homeland? Does she simply want to survive? Or perhaps she's looking for a safe place to settle down? I'll be looking for these kinds of things in the characters as you reveal her to us in the game play.

Welcome on board. :cool:

Logan's totally in, David. Here's how you include a picture that you want to have for your character. (And by the way, Cullen Bohannon rocks.)

[ img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/28/52/1e/28521e40b53fda58828882429869faa9.jpg[ /img]

Use the code above but insert your own internet address for the actual face claim you want to use. Take away the space after the first bracket in front of 'img' and '/img', and you'll have:

28521e40b53fda58828882429869faa9.jpg

Thanks Traveler, although now that I read again she's somewhat bland. The product of insomnia and forcing myself to write something no doubt.

I will definitely include her motivations on her revised bio, which I'll do now. You okay with that?

Sure thing. Add to her as you'd like; from what I've seen you seem to have a good grasp of the reasonable. ;) You gotta create a person who you're going to want to exist as for the role play. Might as well make her someone you can root for and you love playing.

Looks good. I like the addition of the trauma in her early puberty years. It adds depth to her, and it'll be nice to see how it plays out in this setting.

thatguy1 said:
Just added a character

He looks good so far. The mechanical ability should come in handy, and I'm looking forward to seeing how his biography and history pan out.

--

So we have a good three characters to start with now, and I'm still open to inviting others, but if you are all ready to start I can set the scene in the next 24 hours and then everyone can post. It looks like everyone has a basic loner character, so I'll create a compelling reason that you will be banded together within a handful of posts.

The opening post is up. I won't have the other posts be so picture heavy, but I wanted to give everyone an idea of the kind of environment they are in. Assume that you are among the group that has been pushed to the river's edge.

As more players join I'll incorporate them into the game. It's okay if your character decides to continue on his or her own. This just gives you the opportunity to join each other if that's your desire.

The group that's been pushed towards the river. Does that include other npc survivors or only our characters?

I added a couple more bits of information to the first post in the thread. I'll keep updating it as you all come up with good questions about what's going on, unless it's a situation-specific question.

Expect a post from me in the next day to give you more to go on. If you haven't posted yet, just write your character into the scene or into a nearby area so you're not playing in Los Angeles while we're all in Kentucky.

Seems like there are still only four of us counting Traveler as GM in this group RP. Probably it would be best if the interest check for the group is bumped so some people might notice but I'm not familiar with group-based rp thread bumping policy.

Just would love to see more people pitch in into this.

Bump away my darling. You can let other players you've had a good relationship with know via PM.

Sakato-Chan your character looks good. Go ahead and pat on the IC thread, and welcome to the role play! We're glad to have you.

Tasinga, Blondie is accepted. Go ahead and post in the IC thread. I'll add another post in the next 24 hours.

Looks like we need more male characters! :D That is not a bad problem to have...

Let's see if we get more players first. Right now I'd like everyone to really develop the characters they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom