Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Corruption Lord [Kaybee x TheMadMan]

TheMadMan

Star
An earthquake shook the world one day. While it wasn't powerful enough to cause any damage except to dishes and those with a frail constitution, it was a precursor to something else. The leaders of the most powerful organizations, countries, and religious sects from around the world got together for a summit. They knew what the Worldquake had meant. The Demon Lord Byzanthulhu Oqsvvalxawa Btyrecallaiwea had been released from his timeless cell. Long before even most gods had lived and countries existed lived the powerful Demon Lord in his obsidian tower. Those that resisted him were crushed and those that complied lived in peace. One day, an army of heroes and gods beset his tower. While they were able to defeat and banished the demon lord to time since lost, most died doing so. The High Summit decided to send warriors, knights, heroes, and assassins after the returned Demon Lord and kill him while he was still weak.

The first assassin would arrive within the next week to the old location of the Demon's Tower. In the middle of wasteland stood the obsidian tower. A black spire sticking from the ground. In the land around were the half-buried remains of war-machines more advanced than even those made by dwarves and the bones of those that perished in the assault. The tower was nearly a mile in radius and countless tall. The outer walls were as smooth as silk and surprisingly cold despite the sun beating down on it. An entrance would soon appear and open for the unfortunate lass, allowing her to enter the darkness within as she was led down a long hallway.

In his throne room sat the powerful demon, his eyes closed as he awaited the appearance of the first one to attempt to take his life. As soon as she entered the tower, his eyes opened. Lift a spindly hand, a screen of magic appeared before him so he could watch her. A chuckle came from him as she moved down the seemingly endless hallway. "Well well, such a cute girl to visit me. I am humbled. Tell me, lass, what is your name and your business here?" He said and asked, using his magic to project his voice from the shadows all around her.

Ihara didn't enter the doorway at first. She had a feeling deep down that she should simply flee the moment it opened before her, as it so obviously invited her in, and that meant she had already been discovered, her element of surprise lost, but she kept looking, wandering around the walls, searching for another angle, a plan of attack that perhaps the demons would not expect.

In the end, there was no other way, and whiel she should have run, the door remained, inviting her, offering opportunity. Perhaps the demon is arrogant, he must be, he cannot possibly have reached his power's zenith yet... She was powerful in her own right, but that power was in skill and stealth, and she knew privately that she was discarding the latter advantage by taking the offered opening, but there was also the shame if she were to return now. The demon offered to let me in and I fled with my tail between my legs... She snorted at the thought, and then, mind made up, entered.

She was being funneled she knew as she followed the hallway, but the minute she'd stepped inside the door it had sealed behind her, committing her to the decision she'd made. Ears perked for any sound, tail flicking left to right with nerves, she advanced slowly, grateful for the shadows that swallowed her form, even if they didn't feel friendly as ordinary shadows often did...

Then came the voice, and she stilled for a moment as it first appeared, and -for the first time since entering the tunnel- ducked out of the shadows and into the dim light as the demon's voice echoed around her. "My name is of no concern to you, you need know only that I come to end your threat." She replied, keeping her voice even despite her heart hammering in her chest, the urgent swishing of her tail the only thing to betray the tension she felt before she stilled even that with an effort of will. "How did you discover my arrival?" Wary -but genuine- curiosity in her tone. How did he know she was here? None of the guards had caught her, and she'd sensed no magical wards...

Back
Top Bottom