Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Monsterous Desires [VelvetBlossom/Frostsch]

Frostsch

Awake and Bursting with Energy
5xq0eu.jpg

"Haaaa!!" A quick slash went across the monster's throat, causing it to fall to its knees. After a few seconds, the body collapsed onto the ground, spilling a pool of blood on the grassy plains. Leo looked up towards the sky, as if he were deep in thought. Though he, as a seasoned warrior, killed many monsters, there was one that he aimed to kill above all: the minotaur. That very monster had stripped him of his home, his friends, and his happiness. The details of the murder were etched into his memory, and served as a burning flame that made Leo into what he was today.

The young man sheathed his sword to his side. He was on track to a town known as Oakwood. It was a small trading town known for their high quality of timber, and their laid-back lifestyle. Many monster girls had taken homage there, with little resistance from the human population. While most of humanity had accepted monster girls into their population not too long ago, Leo wasn't willing to accept them. To him, monster girls were the same as the minotaur: a monster based on instincts, ready to pounce at their next prey. Perhaps it was prejudice. Perhaps... it was justified.

When Leo entered the town, he had a small backpack on. To the side hung a bag of coins that gently jingled. It caught the interest of a few street venders, who tried to sell him their goods. He shrugged them off. For now, he'd try to find an inn of some sort. "I'll rest for the night... then I'll head off again." He whispered to himself, looking around. He went over to one of the venders, tapping them on the shoulder. "Hey, excuse me. I was wondering where the closest inn would be?"

"I'm afraid this might be a problem" the vendor replied. "Last night another nearby village has been burned to ashes. The local Inn offered the victims a place to stay for at least a few days. Maybe you have better luck in the next village. I'm sorry. If you still want to give it a try however..." he pointed in the Inn's direction and explained the way. Before Leo could go off and head toward it (or anywhere else) he was tapped on the shoulder himself.

"Excuse me, sir. I've overheard you search for a place to stay tonight?" Ruby spoke and took a step back, mainly because of his sword. Sure, fights in villages were strictly forbidden and harshly punished, but that didn't meant there wouldn't ever be any. And with her wolf-like appearance and "demonic" black instead of white eyes in the color of red like her name humans tended to be especially agressive around her race and immediately considered them to be "evil". Ruby and a few of her friends were determined to proof that not all of them are and that there are monsters with pure hearts after all.

"I would have a room to spare. All I'd ask for is to hand over your weapon until you leave as a sign of peace. I'm sure none of us here, especially after what happened last night, wants any more trouble."

Leo frowned. He was clearly disappointed, though he understood that those refugees took precedent. He politely nodded and thanked the man. "Thanks, I'll try to see if they have any space." The man was about to head out, until he felt someone tap his shoulders. When the young man turned around, he was greeted by the sight of a monster girl. "Hellhound..." Leo whispered under his breath, before turning around to see her. It appeared that the girl before her was that of a hellhound. He had read up that hellhounds were beasts of domination. They loved owning men, and having them all succumb to their lust. This one was no different than the one he read about in the book. Still, it would be nice to have a place to sleep, for the night.

He grumbled and handed his sword over to the monster girl. Leo chose not to say much to the monster girls. He was sure that she knew she would be in trouble if she tried something on him. "Understood." He said, placing his hands in his pockets before following the hellhound. "I'm Leo, by the way. Hunting a monster called the Minotaur. How about yourself?"​

"Thank you" she responded a little nervous after nearly dropping the sword when he handed it to her. It was heavier than she had expected. The hellhound was quiet while bringing him to his room. Clearly the building was an old one and in need for more than just a few repairs here and there, but it was still fine. At least the roof had no holes anymore and the windows had been fixed recently. Sure there were still holes in the walls, the doors were a little hard to open at times and it was a little dirty but at least it was warm and dry, most nights anyway, and after recent events, the fire only being one oft hem, the two hellhounds working there did their best to welcome guests who needed a home.

“This is Emerald, I’m Ruby“ she finally introduced herself as she unlocked the door to Leo’s room and handed over the key for it. The two girls almost looked like twins to others, aside from their eye colors and only a little different colors in their furs, but they weren't really.
Many monsters didn’t had names, or only ones in their own language humans wouldn’t understand most of the time, so the two oft hem picked ones that were easy enough to remember.

Back
Top Bottom