Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Thirst For Dragon Blood(Lady Nightshade & Desertpaladin)

Lady Nightshade

Super-Earth
The cool night air gently blew above the tree tops. Dancing against the leaves while the moon peaked out from the clouds. In the distance, wolves sang while the great owl swooped down to snatch a rodent. It gave a cry and was silent as one figure stepped out and smiled. It was all survival and Arieana was no diffrent then the great owl.

I hunt much larger prey.

Arieana thought as her lower lip curled and a hint of her upper fang. A Vampriess from the D'rakin clan, she was harmless to humans and most things mortal. Her quarry; A Dragon Anthro. Their blood being the only thing that would sustain her kin for hundreds of years. Though in plenty, they were dangerous to hunt and take down. Just a task for Arieana. As was her blood rite to becomming an adult Vampire.

Her silver eyes narrowed as the earth shifted beneath her shoes. She was more attuned to nature as she shivered from the howl of the wolves. Those of her clan respected nature, but not as much as she. The rest of her was vaguly dressed. Choosing to blend in with nature, she had chosen to wear as little as possible. A light and dark colored cloth that resembled a thong was her only cover. Above her hipes was a light black leather belt to which her weapons hung on. Her pale skin almost seemed to glow as light from the moon made its way down and danced over her figure.

I know one has been through here.

Comming to a stop, she straightened her shoulders. There were no shoulder straps that helped to keep up the swell of her large bossoms. Only a leather bound cup-like attire barly covered her breasts. How it stayed on, it was her own magic that gifted that. Taking her right hand she brought out the silver dagger. Coated with the only thing that could take her enemy down, she moved silently through the trees towards the black hill mountians and stream.

Lawrence Silverwing lay there completely asleep as he was right next to the riverbank on the black hill mountains. He was a rare breed of dragon though his human form definately did not show it. His body was very well built, wearing a t-shirt and some jeans as well as his socks as he lay there semi covered by a blanket. His hair was short and brown though it was a bit messy, his hazel eyes closed at the moment. Since dragons were usually dangerious creatures they lived alone in the wilderness. That was what showed he was a dragon... that and his sent... But as she would draw near he began to stir a bit. a small necklace's pendant falling out from the inside of his shirt still attached to the chain around his neck. Now this would be a shock for her... for the pendant was that of a silver dragon. The breed was rare. It was said to have the tastiest blood, and it was said that their blood regenerated quick enough that they did not have to be killed. They were refered to the Full moon dragons at times, because it was said that was when they first appeared, and they are said to have connections to some dark creatures even though they are beings of light. The handsome man lay there in deep sleep. He did not know of the danger that approched... he was completely unaware of her presence.

"SNAP!"

The Vampire stopped and mentally cursed herself for being so careless to step on a twig. Silently she waited. Fearing that it would set off alarms for other wildlife and let the dragon know of her presence.

Stupid! You know you can't make a mistake..

Comming out into the clearning she saw her quarry. The male was in his human form and in a deep sleep. Tilting her head to the side she moved silently over towards him and then paused when her eyes drew to the silve necklece around his neck.

No, it can't be.

His eyes had opened when she was near enough that she had snapped the twig and could see him. But he had closed them because he did not see her. he had faked sleeping until she had just been a bit above him. Then in a flash the handsome human turned into a massive silver colored dragon. He growled down as her as he grabbed her in his now massive clawed hand "I know what you are and what you want... you will not take me" he said to her telepathically as he glared at her. In truth he did not fully know about her clan. He just knew that her type of vampires killed dragons.

Arieana hissed as the dragon moved faster then she thought. His grip was powerfull as she lost grip on the blade and dropped it to the hard earth.

"Then you know you can't hold me.."

Hissing out in rage she muttered something in her own language and pushed hard against his claw. With hardly any clothing on it was far easier to move and not have it's scales tear at anything.

"I will have your blood Dragon. With your scales as a prize my clan will live."

He looked at her as she slipped from his claw and he moved around. He was not going to be some treat for her. He knew however as long as he stayed in dragon form she could not suck his blood... He tried to fight back, swiping his claw at her. But he seemed only half hearted into doing so. He knew his life was at stake but... he could not hit a woman.

Arieana just as easily dodged his attacks. Somehow she knew she had to get him to transform back into his human self. Launching herself forward she went to grab the silver dagger and rolled to her side. Her silver eyes darkened as the Dragon moved and she went to try and unbalance it when he turned and knoced her back.

Hissing in pain as she had fell back into the tree and somehow managed to have the dagger inloged into her left upper shoulder above the breast. It had paralizing narcotic in it, and it worked just as well on her as it would the Dragon.

"Bastard..."

She spat and tried to take it out. Only to fall over as the effect hit her hard. Pushing the blade through to the other side and she let darkness take her.

When he saw her drop to the ground he stopped attacking. True she was sent to kill him but he could not do the same to her. He changed back and moved over to her. He smelled the posion and sighed as he pulled the dagger from her and he began to treat her. Using some slight magic, though it was hard since most healing magic hurt those who were considered creatures of darkness... But eventually he had her patched up and she was laying in what had been his sleeping bag as he sat beside her... He lit a fire beside the two of them to keep them warm and keep things lit but the flames were blue like his own fire breath.

Arieana thought she was dead. Surly, the dragon would have killed her as she was an enemy. Sent to kill him and take his blood in order to survive. The darkness that swallowed her had to have been the hell for her being what she was. It was the crackle of the fire and warmth that covered her body that woke her.

"ugnnth.."

She let out a soft moan and rolled her head from side to side. There wasn't any real pain, but she still couldn't move her body very well. Opening her eyes, Arieana looked to see her target, now in human form looking at her curiously.

In truth he had never seen one of her kind. She was very beautiful... When he spotted her looking at him he looked up into her eyes with a bit more powerful look "You are alive, and will stay that way" he said as he began to play with an ash that had escaped the fire. it began to dance around his fingertips magicaly and he then turned to look at her "I will not kill you, but you will not come hunting for me once you are well... understand?"

"Why would you save me?"

She asked and watched him play witht he fire. He was very handsome and she herself had never seen a Dragon. This was to be her hunting night and now he had saved her when most would kill her kind without a second thought.

"I can't keep that promise. My clan feeds only on Dragon blood. You.. should have killed me."

Her body trembled as the effects were starting to wear off. The only saving grace was that she was one of the rarer vampires and could stand the sun ( to some degree). It was still several hours before the sun's rays would be up and she would stay hidden in the woods.

He sighed and he said "I know that you hunt my kind... but the reason you are not dead is because I am no killed" he said as he then stood and he brushed off his pants a bit as he looked around. He sighed a bit as he looked down at her and he kneeled down beside her as he brushed some hair from her face "Besides... I cannot find myself able to even harm any woman... especially the beautiful ones' he said as he stood and he then began to walk off with a sigh as he took everything with him but the sleeping bag she was on. Once he was far enough away the fire then blew out.

For the next few days, she was stunned. The fact that her enemy left her alive and thought she was beautifull, floored her. Yet, she couldn't go back to her clan. Not that it mattered to her or them. One member could be gone for years and it wouldn't matter.

"Besides, you won't see him again."

Having that in mind, she managed to find and make her first kill. It was survival, but she wouldn't need to feed again for several months. So it was, several weeks later that she decided to go to the Mountian Falls.

However she would find herself face to face with him once again. Lawrence sat atop the falls, listening to the water fall off the tip and he sighed as the spray from the water gently hit his face. He just seemed to be relaxing at the moment. It would be impossable for him to know anyonewas there over the roar of the falls.

It was early evening. The sun's light was only an orange glow as she looked up and saw the Dragon from weeks before. Not expecting to see him again, she glowered. It took enough time to get him out of her mind as she ran and leapt up to land on a rock near him.

" I would have thought you were gone Dragon."

Upon hearing he he nodded and he looked over to her "Why would i leave? This is and has always been my home" he said and he looked back to the falls "So... I am going to guess you either made a kill or decided to come back and kill me" he sighed a little and he stood as he looked over at her. His hands were in his pockets as he just stood there. In truth he thought she was really hot, but she was a race that hunted and killed his kind... well... not silver dragons particularly... they were mostly gone. Hell he could be the last one living.

"A lion has to hunt to live. We are no diffrent Dragon. I have to feed every so often or I will die. It is the way of things."

Looking at him she didn't know much what to do. By her kins laws, she was suppose to kill any Dragon in site. Or at least try and capture it. Yet, with all the dragons still around, it was a population control. Even with her own clan, it was rare for a youngling to fledge and make it to where she was today.

He sighed and he nodded "I know" he said looking up to the moon and he then turned back to her "Tell me... do you know what it is like to be completely alone? What am I asking... of course not" he said as he looked at her 'I am the last of my kind... I have traveled the world searching for other silver dragons... But...' he looked back up to the moon, he was no longer concentrating on her "I am the last of my kind, no one else is like me... No one is as lonely as I" he sighed and he said "Since you last saw me I looked at the last section of the world... and I found no one... so go ahaid and bite me... You should be able to say that you slew the last of my noble race"

Arieana didn't know what it was like to be the last of her kind. Yet, she did know what it was like to be alone. He was her enemy, and yet he saved her. Arieana didn't know what to do anymore. She had to have blood to live, but she couldn't take his.

"No. I won't. You saved my life when most would have killed me. I will not harm you Dragon."

Her voice was quiet as she watched him. She was as alive as he was. Save that their food source was diffrent.

"I may not be the last of my kind, but I know what it's like to be alone."

He nodded. He did not look at her but to the moon and he said 'So what will you do then? I am making this mountain my home" he gave a soft smile "I will live out the rest of my life here and let the legend of the silver dragons die with me." He looked at her "You can either tell others where I am, leave me be, or you could stay" he nodded "It is up to you" he said as he began to walk off "whatever you decide" is the last thing he said as he headed off toward the more forrested area. he was planning on chopping down some wood so that way he might be able to make a house. Or something.

That was the question wasn't it? What would she do? By all reasons she was his enemy, and yet not she didn't wish to harm him. He was alot like her with nature and she knew that her own clan won't come out here. There wasn't a real place to hide from the sun and exposure was dangerous.

"I won't tell anyone of your existence, but why would I stay?"

He smiled over to her and he said "You did say you were alone right?" then he continued to falk on. He looked around at the trees and the side of the mountain. He was trying to figure out a good place to settle.

"Yes, but what of it? I am suppose to be your enemy."

Her eyes followed him as he walked on. The young vampire sighed with the situation going on. She herself was unique among all vampire kind. Yet, she was also looked at as a kind of freak and thus in a way exiled. It was why she knew if she had to live on her own.

"Well then... it looks like you will have to stop being my enemy then" he said with a smile as he changed just his arm into that of a dragon and he used his clawed hand to topple a massive tree as he began to chop it up into fresh wood.

"YOu're asking for a Lion to sleep with the Lamb."

Watching him as he begain to chop up the wood into smaller chunks. She was still unsure what to do. As a Vampire, she needed to be able to feed every so often. Walking over to him she eyes him carefully.

"I still have to feed, and what would happen if you're the only one around?"

Back
Top Bottom