Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Woman's Best Friend (Spyke Lion x whtbitch4u2own)

560full-alexis-ren%2023_zpsxadivanp.jpg

Alexis got the feeling that the older gentleman was ogling at her but it was easily be read as if he was interested in their conversation rather than him looking at her as if she was his prey. She didn’t have to seem interested in their conversation. It was indeed an interesting one as he spoke about what he did and how he managed everyone under him. She wasn’t even trying to impress anyone but herself and of course, James.

Little did she knew, she was becoming the center of attention for Mr. Fontaine. When James returned, she stepped a little towards him as she took the glass and smiled plenty, “Thank you so much. Wine is fine!” She said and sipped from her glass before looking up at both men.

James seemed nothing like Fontaine in comparison as he seems so menial in comparison not just his physical strength but psychological as well. She drank from the glass ever so elegantly and keeping a smile on her face and when Fontaine insisted on offering a tour of the building, she shrugged her shoulders, assuming James was going to tag along. “Sure! I would love to. I have never set foot past the entrance all this time.” She said and looked up at him and then James, preparing to leave whenever they were ready as she turned on her heels.

Fontaine smirked, glad his plan was finally beginning to bear a little fruit. Still, there was one little annoyance that he had yapping at his heels... James. The pitiable little man was eager to please, looking up to Fontaine like a dog begging for attention. Fontaine had seen this dozens of times... his subordinates were all the same, looking up to him and suckling up to his mentality to try and advance themselves. It never worked, but that was because they never had something he wanted. James, on the other hand, hand himself quite a beauty, something that Fontaine couldn't pass over. So, in order to get her, he could give James a little of what he wanted...

The three made their way out of the room, with Fontaine leading the way out in front. His large frame was easy to keep track of, and he easily moved the party-goers to the side with his large arms. When they finally made it out of the room he shut the door behind him, glancing over at the young couple. "Actually, James," Fontaine started, giving the man a small smile. "I had something I desperately needed to take care of over in financing. It's not too difficult or time consuming, but I think I have a small opportunity for you." The eyes of young James instantly twinkled, and he turned his full attention to his superior.

"You wanted to learn a little bit about how business goes on around here, right?" Fontaine smiled. He reached into his suit and pulled out an orange envelope, handing it over to his subordinate. "I want you to go out and find Marshall, the man who runs our numbers. Show him the envelope and request that you become more familiar with that side of the business. I'm sure you'll learn something that may be useful to me in the future."

James excitedly took the envelope from Fontaine, almost bowing his head. "T-Thank you, sir!" James smiled before turning around to Alexis. "Baby," he whispered gently into her ear. "I need you to make a good impression on my boss for me. This is huge, he never asks something like this from anybody. So I'll run out and catch you in the middle of the tour, okay?" Before she could answer he would quickly run off, eagerly looking for the man he was sent out to find.

"Ambitious young man... " Fontaine chuckled. "Anyways, I hope we can continue with the tour. May I?" He held out his hand, offering to take her arm to lead her through the building.

Little did they know that the man Fontaine sent James to find had already left the building.

These days, people always sucked up to their superior to get somewhere. In her opinion, she was never fond of it and believed that one must get somewhere only on their merit and hard work. She wished the same for James but obviously, like everyone else, he was one of many men out there who sucks up to their bosses to make them look good.

She did notice him trying a bit too hard and this was probably the first time she was seeing him at work, so she had no idea how he was outside of their little world they had going. Once the tall man started leading the way, she grabbed onto James’s arm as they all slowly made their way out of a packed room. Luckily, Fontaine was tall enough to cut through the crowd and his presence alone would clear up the way for them.

Once the door shut, the loud music died down to softer tone as she smiled at both men. Watching Fontaine speak, James stepped forward and her grip on his arm became loose. Apparently, there was in opportunity and she wouldn’t want to be in his way. Hence, she stepped aside while the men discussed something. She was glad to hear that Fontaine was giving James a room to grow.

Watching him thank the older gentleman, she heard him whisper somethings in her ears. She smiled back when he leaned back out and smiled at him as he left them alone. Turning her attention towards him, “Oh, by all means, please. Lead the way.” She said and placed her hand in his as he was offering to lead the way, walking with him as she smiled, “He is excited to be working with you. He is ambitious.” She said and smiled at him as she did feel it a little odd, walking with the man in charge and all alone since she didn’t even know him.

Feeling his sudden plan start to come to fruition, Fontaine smiled, taking her arm and leading her down the hallway. "Ah, yes. There are many ambitious young men like him looking to further their positions, and a lot of them wish to have my place as well. Still, many of them expect that in order to climb the ladder they need to pepper me with compliments and gifts. What they really need to do is become strong, capable men that are able to lead and to influence the people. I hope that one day James can realize what it takes. He has the mindset, but is still a little far off." Fontaine chuckled. Although James worked close with him, Fontaine thought of the young man as nothing but a little worker, doing whatever it was that he needed.

Fontaine led her towards the offices, which looked just like a typical office setting. "It's not pretty, but this is where most of our work is done." He smiled, looking around the large room. There were some people lounging about, no doubt also showing their friends or families a small tour of their own. "I may lead them in the direction, but my workers here work splendidly and tirelessly. I'm not conceited, so I know to give credit when credit is due, and I respect what they do." Fontaine continued to lead her through the building, pointing out fancy architecture or expensive paintings on the walls. He made sure to keep her interesting, asking her about her opinions or views about the place or the business they were in.

"Back when I started, I learned that this business wasn't easy. There's a lot of things you need to do, including stepping on the shoulders of giants or doing things you wouldn't be proud of. But, I persevered and became the man I am today." He stopped her directly in front of a large, shimmering escalator.

"Would you like to see my office, Alexis?" He asked. "It's on the top floor of the building, and if you haven't seen the view from up there you haven't seen anything yet." He chuckled to himself, already pressing the button to the elevator. Not only that, but they would be up there alone, and he'd be able to maybe plant more seeds into the mind of this beautiful young woman. If he was going to get to her eventually, he was going to have to make some light progress, and what better way to do it than to show her what seperates him from her meager fiance'?

With James out of his way, he had clear path to steer in whichever direction he wanted to take her…literally. When he took her arm and started leading her down the hallways, she felt overwhelmed that she was being led by the man himself. She was sure he had better place to be than give her a tour, though here they were and she wasn’t going to turn him down.

He had nothing but polite so far and his piercing gaze would hide his true intentions behind all this, making it almost invisible for her eyes to take notice of his behavior. When he spoke about young men like James, eagerly trying to please a guy in his position, she quickly understood that James had to stop trying too hard and play it cool. The way Fontaine explained, James seemed like a fish in a big pond, making him being noticed was a hard possibility.

Not only that, James seemed as if he stood no chance from the way Fontaine described the cut throat nature of this business. It made her wonder how goal oriented and willing Fontaine needed to be to get to such a position. As they walked through what looked like an office setting, they kept it strictly to professional, smiling afar at guests who were also there. She looked around the place as he ushered her towards an elevators.

On the way, she noticed fancy big paintings throughout the place and hallway, some historic and some with leadership motto. It was amazing and when he spoke, she smiled, “I am sure they all are fine. Handpicked by you and your people because you want the best I can easily assume.” She said speaking generally as well as for James, all of them being special to be working for this political party.

And then, her question was answered without even her asking him. He told her how he had to step on the shoulders of giants and that was something James ought to do. When he offered, she did shake her head yes but it’s not like she had any choice as he had leaned in to press a button long before she answered him.

Soon, a fancy elevator came down, noticing the insides were glassy as she entered first and then letting him guide them as the escalated to the top floor. Once they were up, she waited for him and then exited onto the top floor. She could see how different this place was than the ground floor on which they were.

The elevator was particularly fancy looking, with marble buttons and some classical music playing from the speakers. He gently led her in, giving her a smile while the doors closed. The walls were mirrors, showing her and Fontaine's reflection. She could clearly see how tall he was standing next to her, the reflection perfectly comparing the two together. She could see her beautiful blue eyes staring back at her from the reflection, and Fontaine only smiled. For the first time they were completely alone in the elevator, riding up with the quiet music in the background.

"This may seem a little conceited, but the entire top floor happens to be my office." Fontaine stated, moving up his sleeve to check his shimmering watch. "I spend much of my time here, so on days that I need to be on alert and ready I spend my nights here. I like to be quick and responsive." He smiled, glancing back over towards her. "I'll show you my office, but we'll see if we can get to everything later." He stated.

It was still just them for a few more moments before the elevator raised all the way to the top. The door quickly opened, and a strong, pleasant smell entered the elevator. They were greeted with a carpet floor and a hallway with numerous photos and awards hung up onto the walls. Most of the photos were of him and his employees, and he led her down the hallway towards his office.

"Just some events and such I've been to." He stated, glancing over at them. "Your fiance' is trying hard to make his own place on the wall. But it will take more than he thinks to get to the top."

It was pretty quite in the elevator but her eyes quickly moved around the small box, noticing how fancy it was. She took in everything as well as her small form in his comparison as they stood next to one another, catching a reflection in the glassy elevator.

The moment they reached the top floor, she noticed a different aroma, it was homely. It was of course his office he like he said, he does sleep here and the place seemed like a pretty office on the front but also noticed how she couldn’t see the other part of the place given this whole floor was his, so called office. She smiled when he explained and she shrugged her shoulders, “When you have office like this, you have every right to be conceited.” She smiled as they excited and walked into an open space.

She took in everything, the paintings and all the achievement. He was a man who had everything, mainly he was well settled and lived his life to the fullest, continuing to do so as they speak. She smiled, turning to look up at him, “I know. And I know it’s a difficult task. All I can do is wish him good luck. Be by his side.” She chuckled, “He is the one who has to put in the hard work.” She shrugged her shoulders as they walked further, “Won’t you be missed at the party?” She asked curiously as he was kind enough to give her a private tour of his private place. She was sure there were other important guests he needed to tend to.

One their way to his office there was a hallway with a long, wide window that peaked over the city. He glanced over at it for a moment, and they could see the lights of hundreds of cars and buildings below. "I've spent most of my evening already being flattered with pointless, silly compliments." Fontaine chuckled, approaching the large door at the end of the hall. "There are quite a few people who think that sucking up to me and being on their hands and knees will help them in this business, and I grow tired of all the ambitious attention. Think of this as a breather." With that said, he finally opened the door to show off the inside of his office.

The first thing she would notice would be his long wooden desk at the far end of the room. The large room almost appeared empty, with a few chairs placed in front of his desk along with only a few papers and such set on top of it. All of the walls were large, glass windows that looked out into the darkness of the city during the night. Fontaine walked her up to his desk before releasing her arm, approaching the large, commanding chair.

"This is where I primarily do my business... " Fontaine stated, taking his rightful seat. For some reason, he looked more like a king than a political kingpin, still towering over her even though he was sitting. "Every important decision I have ever made was right here. It's not everyday I let just anybody in here... but I couldn't help but make an exception for such an intelligent, beautiful woman like yourself." He smirked, leaning over onto his desk.

Alexis was more or less amazed by the view this floor had to offer. It felt as if they were peeking at the world beneath them from the sky. The lights and other building were a joke in comparison to this tower. Twinkles in her eyes were present as was the glow on her pretty little face. If that wasn't pretty enough, the view from the inside of his office certainly was. It was when he ushered them past the large double doors and into his office.

For a few seconds, she was stood there frozen. Such an astonishing view of the city from such a marvelous office was pretty much an icing on the cake. She watched him move around the room and take his rightful throne. He seemed the perfect man for it; such a tall man with solid confident. One thing for sure, James would never reach here. She walked the walls of the office, taking notice of things.

She looked at him as he spoke, pulling all of her attention with his such a powerful tone of voice. Even in his seated position, he seemed to tower over her, empower everyone around him. including her at the moment. She listened to him attentively as she finally spoke as he gave her much more attention that she deserved, so she thought in the back of her mind. "I am glad and honored to have come up here. Really, thank you so much for making tonight a special night for me. I could see why everyone wants to be at the top. Like you are." She said and smiled, watching him lean over the desk, she slowly moving to the side to admire the view from his office once again. :Such a captivating view, isn't it so?" She said as she looked at him over her shoulders for a second and then back to look at the view.

Fontaine smiled, watching her glance back over to the large window. No doubt she was admiring and enjoying the view.... something he was doing while staring at her. "The view is indeed captivating... " HE chuckled, eyes never leaving her body. He spent many hours of many days staring out below into the city, watching the people come and go. He watched planes soar high in to the sky, parades march down the streets. The view he had was one in a million, but he'd rather stare at the blonde beauty standing on the sacred ground of his office. He waited a few moments before he stood up front his chair, slowly making his way over towards her.

"You should see it in the morning, when the sun peeks over the horizon. " He quietly said, moving up behind her... perhaps a little too close. "It's absolutely mesmerizing... " He even let his big hands drop onto her shoulders, and she could feel the heat from his large hands touch directly onto her skin. "It's a view reserved mostly for people like me... it isn't easy getting up here, but it certainly is worth it. " He stood rather close to her, not quite pressing his body up to her but she'd be able to feel the warmth just radiating from his body.

He continued to hold her there, letting his fingers rap gently onto her soft skin, enjoying the touch. "So, what do you think? Do you think your... fiance' could get a view for himself? Stare at the city below like me? To have a view that no other can for the rest of his life?" He smirked behind her, hammering in lightly at her fiance'. His words only created more and more of a distance between him and James, attempting to plant some seeds into her mind.

Obviously, she stood there admiring the real view while he stared at her form from behind. She had no idea of it until she turned to look at him over her shoulders and caught him looking right at her while agreeing with her about the view. Something was a little odd but she couldn’t be sure as he spoke about the view and looked at her…more like stared at her.

She quickly turned away again as if she hadn’t noticed him looking her way and wanted to simply assume that he was checking out the same view she was. She smirked, talking against the glass without looking back at him, “In the morning? You have to sleep here in able to do that. Wake up early in the morning. Wonder why you crash here many times than in your own house probably.” She smiled, not turning her head at the moment.

She did turn just a bit when she felt his hand come to rest on her bare shoulders and she could feel her chest getting tighter in that dress. It wasn’t anything out of blue but it was odd, the way he had stepped behind her. Just his presence seemed to mount over her, making him seem almighty as he spoke about her fiancé again. It was clear that the two men had nothing in common, making her fiancé the man who had to work really hard to get here. It was merely impossible and even she knew it. Though, no one needed to say it out loud as he can only try and get there. It’s the attempt that counts after all. "I am just glad I am not in your line of work. I like to stay away from this cut throat business." She said making it clear how she kind of disliked it.

Fontaine let out a low, rumbling laughter. "Ah, it is very much a rough business. It takes some strength and determination to make your way through this line of work, so I can understand if some people just can't handle that. If you get into this business and you aren't strong enough to handle it, you'll either go nowhere or get simply crushed. If you don't have a full head upon your shoulders, you won't survive." He gently released her shoulders, stepping up beside her to gaze out through the windows and down into the dark city below.

"I hope for your sake, your fiance' can make it." Fontaine stated. "If he shows me that he can survive and work in this company, I can help him climb the ladder. But if he doesn't... " Fontaine glanced over at her for a small moment, giving her a small considerate smile. "You should go off and find somebody who can."

Before she could full register his words, Fontaine's phone buzzed loudly in his pocket, immediately cutting into the silence of the room. With a frown, Fontaine brought it up to his eyes, glancing at the name. "Speak of the devil, it's him." Fontaine chuckled, bringing it up to his ear while he turned away, quickly answering it. He took a few steps away, speaking to her fiance' to leave her alone in her thoughts for a brief moment.

She stood on the side as he spoke about business and needing determination by anyone who wanted to be in his line of work. She had determination but just wasn’t interested in this side of business, that’s for sure. She nodded in agreement as she did agree with him fully. One had to have a head in this game in able to go places.

“I am sure he can. He will.” She smiled softly as he glanced over at her for a moment, talking to her about her fiancé as if he was warning her. And that he did, clearly. She had no idea how to react to that comment or what to say to him.

Instead, she was lack of words as she stood there with him behind her now and when his phone buzzed, she could hear him step away from her. She smiled softly when he told her it was her fiancé and she was sure that he must be looking for her. She did turn around and strolled around the office while he was on phone, ready to leave now if that was all to it.

Back
Top Bottom