Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

RP: Aphasia (Horror_Show & Grizzy_Mangly)

Horror_Show

Supernova
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szo_coe-sK4[/video]

Emma was up late listening to music and working on homework in her bedroom. It was past midnight and Friday had begun. She was taking online summer classes to get a head start on finishing the year. She was trying to rush to get her bachelors degree. She was considered an advanced student as she started college AP courses during her senior year of high school. She was studying zoology with a minor in communications.

The only thing that held her back was her depression. She had been diagnosed with major depression since she was a young adolescent. She had been in and out of therapist and psychologist, had been on all kinds of anti-psychotics to help balance out her moods but it was impossible and over the years her family had accepted how she was. She did her best to function and stay in school and her family in return didn’t make her work. She had tried to keep a part time job off and on but it only made it harder for her to focus on school whole dealing with her emotions.

Her windows were opened and she could feel the strong cool winds coming in. She turned away from her desk to see the tree’s swaying back and forth. It brought a relaxing sensation when it stormed. She kept her headphones on listening to trance music and bit her lip. She got up to stretch and noticed her phone was blowing up. She made a confused face picking up her phone seeing five missed calls and several unread text messages. When she saw who it was from she felt paralyzed for a few brief seconds.

Why on earth was he trying to get a hold of her at this hour? He knew she must have had weird sleeping schedules but she still didn’t know why. She opened the text messages and stood while reading them.

11796450_856344957736443_6374897560259745854_n.jpg

12:30 A.M: Emma are you there?
12:30 A.M: I need to talk to you. Please pick up your phone. I know you’re awake. You have to be.
12:31 A.M: Damnet Emma! look at your phone.
12:35 A.M: I don’t want to wake mom & Dad right now. I’m driving home. I should be there soon. I’ve been driving since ten last night.
12:40 A.M: If you ever get this, call me.

Emma listened to the five voice mails and all were messages from Grayson, he sounded anxious and a little irritated she wasn’t picking up. She was concerned and surprised but didn’t know what to think. She was unaware that her brother’s life was crumbling apart. Emma didn’t have any knowledge that only last week after being engaged to Dustin for nearly almost a year it was called off. Nor did know that Dustin had been unfaithful and cheating on Grayson for the past few months.

It was hard enough for Grayson growing up while being a homesexual but he never hid his idenity. The family had the hardest time dealing with it until he still was going to college and being sucessful. Emma didn't really have a problen with it as she had her own issues growing up. She had a lot of issues and one big hidden secret that dealt with Gryason but she had learned to bury it deep.

Grayson was getting ready to graduate medical school and had finished his paid internship was offered a position at a local counseling serive close to the house him and Dustin was in the process of purchasing. Right now no one would know what was happening. Grayson had thrown what minimum belongings he needed and did the drive back home as it was only a few hours away to get home after it came to a head with Dustin the day before.

Emma was hesitantly getting ready to push the call button on her i-phone when she heard thunder outside. She left her room and silently headed downstairs and could see a headlights pulling into the driveway. She was breathless and wide-eyed at how soon she had found out and how he was already here. She went to turn off the alarms on the house and opened the front door and walked on the small porch. She stood there looking lost as she watched grayson get out of his car.

blakeryan7.gif

"Fuckin' A...!" Grayson mumbled under his breath as he threw his phone down onto the passenger seat. The passenger seat which he painfully noted would remain forever empty; or at lest that's how he felt. He couldn't believe that his world was really collapsing around his ears, and that was truly what was happening. He had been dating Dustin for a year or so now, and was planning on settling down with him. The pair seemed absolutely perfect together, and Grayson looked upon Dustin like a savior. Before Dustin Grayson had only really dated one man: Jon Hernandez. Jon was Grayson's best friend in high school, was the person who made him realize his sexuality, and was the most toxic person in his life for years. Jon was flamboyant and sexy and confident and unwilling to deal with any issues he had straight on. Jon was abandoned by his father when he was young, his mother hated him for his blatant homosexuality, and his more dominant younger brother would harass and abuse him for... well, whatever reason his brother had at the time. Jon escaped his problem like many teenagers did: drugs and sex. Jon was a major party boy, and when Grayson confessed his feelings to him, he took Grayson along with him. Grayson also had his own issues, being picked on from a young age for his intellect and then being targeted for his sexual preference; he had major self loathing issues. So, when Jon exposed him to the realm of escapism and euphoria that was the drug culture, Grayson dove in head first and developed a serious addiction to ecstasy that took him years to overcome. The worst part, though, was the on-again-off-again status of the pair's relationship. Grayson, being so self-loathing, was adamantly faithful, while Jon, being the sex-magnet he was, couldn't confine himself to one man. Jon had broken Grayson's heart and clouded his mind; however, Grayson was able to piece his heart back together and mostly clear his mind. A major help in doing so was Dustin, whom he had befriended early on in college, and who made Grayson hopeful for love again. That is why his heart was pulverized when he came home last night to find Jon, who had come by their home to try and win over Grayson again, writhing on top of Dustin grunting and groaning like a beast. That was it. Grayson was just done, he no longer cared about love, no longer cared about his future, no longer cared about himself. So when the entwined men tried to explain themselves Grayson remained deaf; he only gathered a few belongings in silence, and lit a book of matches he kept in the kitchen junk drawer, throwing the fire onto the hallway rug as he walked out the door, slamming it loudly and firmly behind him.
Warm tears were streaming down his face as he reminisced, wishing he had someone to talk to, cursing his sister for not answering her phone. As his 2006 Pontiac GTO rolled passed the homes of his childhood, which he remembered even more darkly this evening, he could barely make out the figure of his sister standing on the porch through his tears. He parked at the end of the driveway and swallowed down his pain as best he could. He took a few deep breaths and some moments before he wiped the tears from his eyes and opened the door, slipping out somberly. "I thought you were always on your phone," he said stoically, shutting the door a little too loudly behind him.

Emma was standing on the porch with her arms folded across her chest. Take one step she decened the porch stairs to stand on the paved path that led through the yard to the drive way. Grayson had spoken as he was heading toward the porch. The violent winds were picking up as it was getting ready to storm. She quickly saw the expression on his face and how he was torn. He was red eyed, swollen and brimming with tears.

“I kind of zone out on my computer listening to music. You never really contact me so I had no idea…” Emma said with a little bit of a defensive confused tone. Grayson after he had left for college and cut off a lot of contact with the family. His drug addictions had really put stresses on the family and their parents. They had both worked hard and put a lot of money into putting him into rehab facilities. He had gotten his life together as he entered college and his family was thankful for the break and just let him be.

They had their little girl to watch over and she wasn’t doing so well. She wasn’t addicted to drugs but her mental state was on edge. She had showed signs since she was a young adolescent and had been in and out of therapist and psychiatrist, she was on a lot of anti-psychotics. Her parents respected she took her medicine faithfully, she saw her doctors, she was in school. Most importantly she was at home and her parents couldn’t ask for anything more. She wasn’t out doing illegal drugs and getting knocked up, she wasn’t with other women so they let her be.

Luckily enough her brother had pulled himself together the past decade, it least behind closed doors. He had relapses but for the most part he had done well, especially past few years.

tumblr_mbccx6jH0m1qh95r3.gif

As her brother walked up lightening flashed and it started pouring. The storm reflecting her brother’s rage and pain. Emma kind of looked at him feeling numb and quickly backed up walking up the steps to let him into the house.

The winds howled around the man, whistling in his ears and chilling his flesh. Grayson didn't know if it was that empty gravity inside or if the air was really that frigid, but even though he wore a fairly thick suit coat his skin was all ice cold. He shrugged uncaringly and stepped forward, wondering whether or not he was obligated to make a verbal reply or if he could simply stay silent. There was really no need to talk and Grayson just wanted to remain silent, but as he walked towards his sister he decided he should really say something.
"No worries," he said coldly and slowly. "You're right, we don't really talk often, there's no reason for me to expect you would be able to answer my calls out of the blue like that."
He didn't bother getting the few possessions he still owned that were strewn around his trunk. He didn't even know if his parents would allow him to stay at all, especially since he felt there was still bad blood between him and his mother for his teenaged years. For now, he didn't give a shit, all he needed was somewhere to be for now, somewhere away from where Grayson so desperately worked to call home. Still, he couldn't help but ask a question as he sullenly climbed the porch steps.
"Did the folks keep my room?" he asked, looking into his sister's eyes. "Or did they make it gym or some shit? Either way it doesn't matter, I just wanna know."

Emma felt a little offended when he responded with him saying he wouldn’t expect her to answer his call out of the blue. She really would have answered but she was so zoned out and in her own world. No one really ever went out of their way to text or call her unless it was an online friend and they had access to her via messenger or social media. She was going to defend herself but watched him walk up the porch. He towered over her and she could see the raindrops dripping off his clothes. He asked if their parents had turned his room into another part of the house and she frowned.

“They gave me your room because it was bigger and right across from the bathroom upstairs, so I got it plus the bathroom. There is a guest room down the hall; it’s pretty much clean. You can crash there tonight. Mum and Pal are asleep so there’s no need to wake them. Come on…”

She quietly opened the door and let them in shutting it and turning back on the alarm system and the storm brewed outside. She led him into the kitchen and turned on a few low warm lights.

“If your hungry or want anything I can get it…..” Emma leaned against the counter not knowing what to say.

He stepped through his old childhood home, feeling just as uncomfortable as when he was last there, he was far less caring tonight, though. So Emma got an upgrade, he thought. Good thing, I didn't want an excuse to stay here longer than tonight. He stood in the kitchen in the dim light at that wee hour of the morning, the light casting the room and the whole house in some kind of unreal, twilight air; as if he was re-visiting the end of dream while he shut his eyes after smacking the snooze button on the alarm clock. He couldn't believe Jon had led him here again, broken and tearing in the middle of the night back in the house that never felt like home. No. It wasn't Jon who led him here, he ran back here all on his own. Where else would he go? Grayson shook his head, he would figure that out in the morning.
"No thanks," he croaked, his voice gravely from un-use. "I'd like to go to the guest room, if you don't mind." His mind was racing and his head was swimming, old emotions bubbling up from the depths of his soul to mingle with the venomous new ones made Grayson feel sick. He didn't want to eat. Anything. Ever again. He couldn't force something into his stomach tonight, at least, and expect it to stay down. He needed a moment to take some medicine and felt the outside of his left pocket with his hand, feeling comforted at the touch of the smooth, hard "medicine" bottle there.
"I'm guessing you have school," he said dully, keeping his gaze away from Emma. "So I won't keep you up any later. We can catch up tomorrow, for now let's just call it a night."

Back
Top Bottom