Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Seeking literate, creative, fun RP (Mxf, Mxm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meridiana

Super-Earth
Hi, I am looking for a few good partners for literate, fun, long-term character-driven roleplay. I've been writing and roleplaying online for a decade, playing traditional RPGs and LARP longer. I am educated to grad school level (in history) and I will happily write 2-3 paragraphs or more, generally reflecting the length of the post the other writer throws my way, and would prefer the same from a writing partner. Please, no one liners except in exceptional circumstances. I try not to be a grammar snob - I understand that typos happen - but readability as well as basic grammar, punctuation and spelling would be lovely. I prefer story and smut: I am happy to research, set the scene, write multiple characters and move plot along; partners willing to do the same are preferred if not essential.

I am particularly interested in the psychology of power: the use and limits of soft power; the conflicts and fluctuations within relationships; the complexities of domination/submission. I am also fascinated with "clash of cultures" and characters who find themselves far outside their comfort zone (e.g. travel to distant lands or across time).

I am female and usually play as female (my female request thread), but do like to play men too for the variety and to expand my writing range. Male characters tend to be dominant; I am happy to play against either male or female characters. More importantly, I am looking for someone to play a character who is:
  • (I can't stress this enough) NOT a craven submissive, immediately worshipping him and turning into his willing puppy/toy/slut/sex slave immediately. There should be resistance, tension, back and forth, conflict. Make my character work for it, make him have to use his smarts, psychology, whatever it takes to make you submit, or perhaps turn it around on him, make him question what he is doing. Perhaps you will submit eventually but I'm interested in the journey not just in the end point.
  • confident, assertive, smart, at least to all appearances. Of course, YC should have issues and insecurities - who doesn't? – but should have a real life, goals and desires.

PLEASE RESPOND BY PM, preferably with more than a single line "Do you want to RP?" Well, yes I do, hence the thread. Tell me a little about your preferences, your interests and suggest some plots or pairings.

and PLEASE
  • I prefer a post rate of daily or so but if we need to go slower, I will understand and I won't nag.
  • I try to be scrupulously fair. I answer threads and PMs in the order in which I receive them. I will not skip your post and make you wait while I write multiple posts in other threads; please show me the same courtesy.
  • Don't control my characters. I put a lot of thought into how I have them act, please don't make assumptions without asking first. I will be careful to do the same for you.

SETTINGS

I am open to many possible pairings and backgrounds. In particular:
  • urban fantasy/ "new weird" / modern supernatural
  • historical, esp. medieval, ancient and middle eastern
  • time travel
  • alternative history / "secret history" (supernatural in historical eras)
  • traditional fantasy
BUT
  • I have very limited experience of anime, manga and video games so don't feel comfortable playing in those settings
  • I'm not interested in modern 'slice-of-life'
  • I will never be interested in 'high school' set RP. Please do not ask.

PREFERENCES
  • RP over PM or boards. No IM/Skype. No Email.
  • M/F for preference. I usually play f but will do both F&M when MC is dominant.
  • A balance of plot and smut.
  • Original Characters only. No celebrities.
  • Intelligent characters
  • Realistic proportions

GOOD with
  • F-list (female, sub) | F-list (male, dom)
  • Non-consensual, dub-con (that may lead through RP to con)
  • Discipline, bondage, D/s, M/s
  • Collaring, Marking (branding, tattooing), forced nakedness and (public) humiliation
  • Anal, delayed gratification, breath play, blood all fine in the service of plot; most everything else negotiable...
BUT
  • No characters who are or who appear to be under 18. No really. Please don't ask.
  • No vore, scat, piss, puke
  • No incest
  • No extreme mutilation (lost limbs) or death/necrophilia
  • No bestiality, furries, monsters, tentacles, futa (just not my thing)
  • No impregnation/breeding
  • No gushy romance

CURRENT CRAVINGS:

(TIME TRAVEL) Your character would – either through an Outlander-style mystical effect or perhaps a scientific experiment gone awry – have been catapulted back into the past; you cannot get home so what do you do? (I am quite happy to research and write a historical background and characters with a decent level of verisimilitude while, while, playing a modern character, you wouldn't have to.

(HISTORICAL) Particularly looking for classic PIRATES or VIKING roleplays (blame Black Sails & Vikings)

(SUPERNATURAL) My character is a Power: he is ages old; over the years, his kind have been worshiped as gods, mistaken for angels, accused of being demons – the latter particularly amuses him – classified as 'Fae', but he resists labels. He is simply himself. He has power but is not perfect, lives in both worlds – human and Otherworld – and is seeking something.

Your character is a werewolf, other supernatural creature, witch or even a normal human who has crossed his path and piqued his interest. Perhaps you or your pack or coven have had a run in with him or one of his people? Perhaps you are an attorney prosecuting or suing an ally; perhaps a journalist investigating him; you might just be a spoiled, arrogant society brat who snubbed him. You may just have hit it off in a nightclub or other chance meeting. His interest piqued, he decides he wants you and what he wants, he gets. He has you abducted: can you resist; escape; figure him out and change his plans?

(I imagined this as a modern day supernatural, but we could conceivably shift it anywhere in history)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom