Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Your Best Friend's Sister By Day (Gladiator n Muffin)

“That’s not what I said at all, popular… oh fuck it you don’t get it.” He watched her go, “Mayb, oh nevermind I can’t win with you.” He sighed.
As mark poked his head out Brandon refocused his biting anger. “Just don’t ask buddy, just don’t ask.” And Brandon turned to walk out. Mark looked at his sister, “What’d you say to him?” he asked raising an eyebrow. “I told you he was hurting… yeah she was a bitch but Brandon cared for her, I mean its not like he had a shit ton of choices.” Mark said smirking a little. “Not like me.” He said, “Its not like the guy has chicks falling over him, let me guess youcalled her a skank or whore or something.”Mark said looking a bit disapproving. “”Brandon does this to himself, he needs to find a good girl, a sweet girl, but he likes his girls more forward, and good girls don’t do that they don't make the first move..” Mark said smirking, “Probably why you don’t have anyone, you’re too damned shy.” He said punching her lightly on the arm as he passed her going to try to catch Brandon. He need not have worried, Mark and Ami’s Mother Having caught him and asked him to help her set the table, seeming oblivious to the fact Brandon had been leaving. Flustered, Brandon couldn’t tell her no, so there he was, standing shoulder to shoulder, well sholer to ribcage with Mark’s mother, a woman who looked just like Ami just 20 years older. Brandon hadn’t noticed how pretty Mark’s mother really was, why would e she was marks mother like a second mother to him. But when he noticed Ami, he started tonoticehow much they looked alike. Of course their personalities were differet. Mark’s mother seemed to always need to fill the air with words. So Brandon helped her, not wanting to disappoint her, she’d worked so hard on the dinner after all.

Ami sat in her room groaning and pacing. She thought Brandon was being the biggest hypocrite on Earth. If he didn't want to get hurt, then why did he have to date such a skank? "Argh, its as stupid as giving your wallet to a wallet inspect!", she mumbled as she flopped down onto her bed. He told her to be straight forward with him, but she was far too stubborn to do that. Why did she have to be the one to make the move? Why did girls like her always have to make a move? Why did she have to be compared to his ex? Why did he want her to be like her? Wouldn't that only end in him getting hurt again?

Then she started to wonder why she cared so much. She had put up with being invisible to him for so long. She sighed and closed her eyes. At least she didn't have to deal with him at dinner... or so she thought.

She was snapped out of her chain of thought when she could hear her mother down stairs, calling her name. She quickly sat up and masked her annoyance, putting on a pleasant smile. She walked down stairs and into the kitchen, "Yes mo--", she started to greet her mother but say Brandon next to her. Her mother looked at her with a smile, "Can you please take the salad out of the fridge, I just tossed it a little bit ago so you don't have to worry about that, and could you go get a bottle of wine out for us?", she said with a smile, oblivious to the confrontation that had happened in the stairs.

Ami nodded and did as her mother said. She brought out the salad to the table and hunted down a bottle of wine, bringing it to the table as well. Mark was also at the table, setting it up.

Mark nodded to Ami, and mouthed, “I thought he was leaving?” but didn’t Blame Brandon, no one could tell Mrs. (incert last name here?) no.

“It was really nice of you to invite me to dinner Brandon was saying as he helped her carry out the large plates of food. “Where were you cooking for, an army?” Brandon asked smiling. Brandon set the platter down, his arm brushing against the Side of Ami’s head where she sat, and he looked down at her and appologised.
Brandon took his seat next to Mark and accepted food as Their mother passed the food to Ami first who then would pass it to him and to Mark last.

“So…” Mark started and then fell silent, the whole room seemed full of a tension, one that everyone it could feel save Mark and Ami’s mother. She talked on, oblivious to the biplay the unspoken tension in the room.

Ami sat down next to her mother and proceeded to eat, ignoring everyone's presence at the table and refusing to look anyone in the eye. She knew the wrong look or the wrong sentence could set someone, anyone off, thus causing a Domino effect and surely the three young adults at the table would end up in an argument.

Mark was the most oblivious of the three. He thought he was in the clear, planning on never telling Brandon of what happened between him and his ex. But little did he know, Brandon knew, and he was pissed. And also, his innocent twin sister had given his best friend a lap dance the same evening.

"So...", Mrs.Thompson(there we go) said, in an attempt to get the kids to talk, "You guys sure are quiet tonight... everyone doing okay today?", she asked, scanning her eyes across all three of them. Her husband was away on business for a few days, so they were her only source of conversation until then. She looked up at Brandon, "Oh and you don't need to explain Brandon... its okay." She looked at Mark and Ami, "I don't know what their excuses are though..", she said before taking a bite.

Ami looked up at her mom, "I-it's fine mom. Just tired and... stressed with transferring majors and all", she said with a nervous laugh, revealing that she was exchanging her major from Foreign Languages and Cultures to Fine Arts and Graphics. She knew it would upset everyone, she was always seen as the brain in the family, but in her own personal time, she found a love for art, and decided to pursue it. Not to mention, she was tired of being seen as a nerd.

"B-but... don't worry, it'll be worth while, I'd rather not talk about it right now..", she said softly as she looked back down at her plate.

“I think it’s a good change of majors.” Brandon said, “You seem to know how to create art that appeals to others.” He said, and he could have easily meant the drawings she did, or… her secret other job.
“Sorry I’m just hung over.” Mark said. Brandon flicked a glance at him, and glared. To which mark shrugged, “Yeah thanks for leaving me to Chris’s tender care last night.” Brandon said trying to lighten the mood. They all knew Chris, who’s greatest desire in life was to not be a deep person. He wouldn’t have deep conversations, he denied that he was smart.
“Yeah his greatest desire is to sleep with a thousand women before he dies.” Mark said smirking.
“Yeah of VD.” Brandon said, and just like that they were both laughing, and a bit of the tension lifted. Even if the laughter sounded forced.
“I think Chris is a nice boy.” Mrs. Thompson said.
“Yeah cause you’re too old for him to hit on.” Mark quipped. Brandon punched him in the shoulder,
“Your mother is a very attractive woman.” Brandon said, “I mean she looks like Ami and…” he broke off Mark was giving him a funny look. Brandon fluttered his hands in the air, “You know what I mean.” He said blushing now.

Ami never looked at Brandon while he spoke until he made the comment about her appealing to others. His tone made Ami whip her gaze up into his direction, she didn't need to say anything, her stare said it all. She knew it was a big mistake doing that dance for him, as if she could make him fall in love with her by rubbing herself against him in a strip club.

Mrs.Thompson giggled and reached her aged hand across the table patting Brandon on his hand, "Oh I'm flattered dear, but I'm far too old for you.." She looked over at Ami, "But I'm sure Ami is up for grabs. She hasn't had a boy in the house in 6 months. You two used to be so close..."

Ami looked up at her mom blushing, and cocked her head as if she were asking her mom to be quiet, she had definitely put her on the spot with that one, she had no way to verbally respond. Mark's eyes shifted back and forth between Brandon and Ami trying to imagine the two dating. Once upon a time, their parents joked that Ami and Brandon would end up married, but that was when they were kids. They had grown apart over the years and it was now Mark and Brandon who were close. Not to mention, there was no spark between the two that Mark could sense, especially tonight.

“I never meant to suggest that I wanted…” Brandon stammered at Mrs. Thompson’s words, blushing.
Mark continued to look back and forth between Brandon and his mother and sister, “You’re just nasty man… hitting on my mother…” and here he shuddered.
“I wasn’t.” Brandon said blushing, “I was just saying that she looked like Ami, and Ami is beautiful so that of course would make her beautiful.” He said, trying to make it better just digging the hole deeper.
“Now you’re saying you think my sister is beautiful?” Mark said, “Stay away from her man, not cool.”
Brandon snorted, “Don’t worry, she’s made it clar she doesn’t want me… something about I always date skanks and she wasn’t a like the whores Idate?” he said, filling meanings he’d taken from things she’d said. As it became obvious the situation was deteriorating fast.
“You could only be so lucky to have a girl as sweet as my sister.” Mark shot back.
“I rest my case, that’s what I just said.” Brandon said glaring at his best friend. “And if my girlfriends are such whores, as you just agreed with why did you fuck one of them last night?” he said, forgetting where he was as he glared at his best friend. Mark could only blush.
“Err… about that.” He mumbled.
Brandon stood up, “I’m leaving… thank you mrs. Thompson for the dinner I’m really sorry about this.” And he walked off.

“Oh, my.” Mrs. Thompson said shaking her head and glaring at her son, “He was only trying to be sweet Marcus Andrew.” She snapped. Before flicking her gaze to Ami, “Can you see if he’s alright dear?” she asked before turning her gaze back to her son.

Brandon moved quickly out to his truck and leaned against the hood for a moment trying to calm down, everything had gone to hell in a hand basket and he didn’t know what to do now, about Mark, and moreover about Ami.

Ami just watched in shock as the two bickered back and forth. When Brandon left, Mark instantly turned his glare to Ami.

"You told him didn't you?", he snapped and then planted his face into the palm of his hand.

"I-- I didn't mean to! He pulled a joke about you sleeping with his ex and he sounded like he was serious... I thought maybe word had gotten out through her..", she quickly said getting up hesitantly by request of her mom, leaving Mark and her mom to argue in the dining room over the confrontation. Although she was sure she was the last person Brandon wanted to see right now, she found herself going out after him.

She cautiously and slowly walked outside, hugging herself from the gradually cooling air outside. She could see Brandon standing out there against his truck. In quiet steps, she made her way towards him. The short girl stood in front of him, being towered over, with her arms crossed as if she were the bigger one. She didn't know what to say or do, she was sure anything she said wouldn't help her in anyway. So she just let out a quiet sigh as she looked up at him.

"Y-you know... she really isn't worth it.." she said quietly, looking away from him, "You deserved better.." She was trying to be nice, and was truly being honest.

Brandon sighed and looked down at her, “I know I did…” he said softly, “Thank you… Its just a little demoralizing, you know? That she doesn’t want me yet will seduce all my friends? Makes me feel like there’s something wrong with me.” He reached out, putting an arm around her shoulder wordlessly bringing her close, “You look cold.” He said draping his jean jacket he held over the other arm around her soulders and pulling her against his side, presumably to keep her warm. His right hand came up to stroke her cheek, “You really are beautiful.” He finally said after a long pause where he just looked into her eyes. “Thank you,” he finally said, “For last night I mean.” He stammered, “You didn’t need to do it once you knew who I was.”

Ami didn't say anything as he spoke, she just kept quiet. She knew it was for the better. She got a sniff of his cologne as he pulled her closer to him and draped her in his jacket. She raised her hand and loosely wrapped her arm around his waist. Ami had a lot of things she could have told him, most would be misinterpreted tough love.

But she found herself feeling weak when he placed his hand on her cheek and looked into her eyes and spoke the words that he did. Her eyes were glued to his and it was as if she had lost her voice. She found it amusing and ironic that just an hour ago, they were fighting and now here they were, looking into each others eyes.

She looked down, snapping herself out of her almost hypnotic state, "N-no... its okay. I guess... it was my way of saying 'hey look at me!' without literally having to go to you and say 'hey look at me!'", she said with a nervous voice, then laughed nervously. She was being as honest and nice as she could without throwing herself at you. Despite telling Brandon about her feelings, she was still stubborn and still feeling jealous after all of these years.

She turned her cheek pushing his hand off of hers, "It's just... we used to be so close!", she said in a quivered voice, "And it seemed once you started looking at girls... we grew apart. I... I was young, I didn't know any better. I thought it was because I was too ugly... or too nerdy. And then I found out you were with... her, her of all people!", her eyes started to uncontrollably swell with tears as she remembered all of the emotions she felt when they were younger. "All I could think was... Brandon would rather date a skank than even consider me.. If thats the case, then I must be awful.."

Ami had spilled her guts and confessed everything to Brandon. She rubbed her eyes wiping away with tears. This was the second most embarrassing moment in her life so far.

Brandon held her close and as she spoke he blushed, he whispered, “I am looking at you now.” As she said the hey look at me part. He was actually about to kiss her, had laned down when she turned her face away and started spilling her guts. He pulled her closer, pressing her head to his chest, “Oh god Ami no.” was all he could whisper. “You have always been beautiful, you were just the competition at school, or mark’s sister. You were never a girl to me. You were almost like a sister.” He tilted up her chin so she could see his expression, “I’m sorry. You never told me, never let me know you wanted me. You didn’t even need to hit on me. That Junior Prom when I went alone, played babysitter to all the drunk guys, while you went with Chris’s little brothe. You know I wanted a date so bad that year, why didn’t you ask me? Or.” He shrugged, “Why the hell didn’t I ask you. I think I was still at that, it’d be like fucking my sister stage. Dammit Ami, I’m such an idiot.” He said his hand on her cheek again. “You’re very beautiful, you always have been, I just wouldn’t notice.” He blushed, “Well thanks to last night you made me notice.” He started to lean in again, “And this time I can’t put you back into the sister box, I can’t let you go this time.” He whispered and kissed her, pressig hs lips to hers.

Ami gazed up into his eyes as he confessed and explained himself to her. It was a bit amusing that they both had felt the same through their life knowing each other. When they were kids, people would tell them they would end up married but then they grew apart, always waiting for the other to come after the other, and now here they were, the timing couldn't be more perfect.

Ami felt like she had won against that whore, but she didn't want to think like that, it wasn't a competition. But if Brandon wanted to be either her, he wouldn't be dealing with a girl that would betray him. She didn't want to get ahead of herself though.

She closed her eyes as Brandon pulled her in closer, his hands on her cheeks and kissed her. She stood up on her toes so he wouldn't have to slouch as much and to place their lips closer together. She didn't want him to leave, she wanted him to stay, but Mark was probably still in the dining room and fuming.

She pulled away and pressed her forehead against his, "Are you really going to go?", she asked him softly.

Brandon kissed her softly his arms around her waist. “Thank you.” He whispered against her lips as she asked him if he was leaving he pulled back and sighed, “I really don’t want to deal with Mark tonight.” He said softly, “She might have been a slut and a whore, but she was mine for a while.” He said, “If I could make that pain go away I would.” He shrugged, “So yeah I’m going,” he paused and blushed just a little, “You’re welcome to come along.” He said awkwardly, “Its about time I had a date with a nice girl.” He said teasing her just a little.

Ami just looked up at him blushing as he spoke. She wishes he was as emotionally detached as she had been with her past relationships. He was the only guy she hadn't gotten over in the blink of an eye. She wondered if she'd be the one that would change that for him. She had waited years for him and she wasn't going to pass it up.

She wanted Mark and Brandon to make up, but it was best that she let the boys cool off some before facing each other again. She looked over at his truck debating on whether she should go. Mark might think Brandon took her with him to get back at Mark for sleeping with an ex. But this was a once in a lifetime moment. If she passed it up, there may not be another one to fire this spark between them.

Gazing into Brandon's eyes and grabbing his hand, she nodded, "I'll be the best date of your life", she said with a smirk.

Brandon smirked, “I’m sure you will be good.” He said teasing her wanting to make her blush. He moved to the passenger side and opened the door for her offering her a hand to steady her so she could climb into the high truck. He then went to his side climbing in. “So where to?” he asked as he turned on the motor and backed ot of the driveway.

Ami climbed into the truck, struggling with her short stature, and buckled up. She smiled and looked over at Brandon, "Surprise me", she said with a light laugh, "Anywhere but a strip bar"

She watched her house as they pulled out and drove off. She was sure her mom and brother would wonder where she went, but she didn't mind. They could spend just one evening worrying about her, she was always the good girl, never giving them anything to worry about.

She just hoped they would get the opportunity to establish something official between the two. Ami wasn't going to pass this up, and she didn't want him to spend another day hurting over someone who wasn't worth it.

Brandon smirked a little, “Darn, and I totally wanted to go to a strip bar..” he teased, “Wanted an excuse to have you rub all over me again.” He said and blushed. After saying this he got very iteested in the road and his driving.
“How about down by the river? Or back to my place.” And blushed, “I man I know that sounds sleezy, I just meant we could watch a movie…” he said blushing knowing how that could be interpreted, “Or hell we can do what ever.” He said trying to close his mouth realizing how stupid he sounded.

Ami giggled and patted him on the leg, she could tell he was nervous. "No need to be so nervous... it's still me. Unless you're expecting more..", she said and giggled again as she teased him. She just wanted to be alone with him.

"Really Brandon, anywhere is fine to me. The question is... where would you like to take me? It could be the inside of a dumpster or a ritzy New York loft apartment, anywhere is fine to me. Unlike some girls, I don't have high standards.." she said as she looked out the window wondering if Mel (that's her name right?) had been high maintenance and picky with him. The girl always looked like she was.

Brandon blushed when she patted his leg, “Yeah.. ok.” And Headed to his house. He really didn’t know where to take her, and figured they could have fun there… If he was honest with himself part of him wanted her, and thought if he took her to his apartment things might happen. But, mostly he was most comfortable there, “Mel always wanted to go out.” He said as he pulled into his parking lot, “Ice cream and a movie… maybe a glass of, well I’d say wine, but not sure I have any.” He said blushing a bit, finding himself still real nervous as he shut off his truck walking around to help her down. As he helped her down he was very aware of her curvey figure so close to his.
He selfconsciously took a step back and then offered her his hand, lacing his fingers with hers smiling at the simple pleasure of touching her. He hoped she didn’t mind.

Ami took his hand into hers, causing her cheeks to turn pink and started walking up to his place with him. She could tell Brandon was still feeling nervous, but she couldn't help but feel flattered. He was actually trying to impress her. She started to wonder if anything would happen that night.

She looked up at his place and squinted her eyes, the setting sun was glowing from behind the building, "I haven't been here in awhile", she said softly. She never really liked going over there when he was with Mel, she always felt like an outsider.

Brandon opened the door and held it for her as they stepped into the building still hand in hand. It felt strange holding her hand, he wasn’t used to it, Mel wasn’t big on public displays of affections, well save that one time… but, Brandon didn’t like to talk about that story. He found he liked touching her, even in this simple way. It’d been years since he’d felt what a thrill just something as simple as holding hands could feel like. He ran his thumb over her knuckles as he waited on the elevator. “Don’t say anything, I’m waaaay to lazy to walk up 7 flights of stairs… or is that 14, with 2 flights to a floor? I’m in shape, but not that in shape.” Which was pretty funny of him to say, for his tight t-shirt showed off quite a few of the muscles his body sported, they didn’t suggest out of shape… more likely it was as he said he was too lazy.
When the elivator came he stepped in it with her, and found himself holding her close and kissing her, there was something about the naughty thrill of kissing her where they shouldn’t, that made him do it. And he stepped back blushing, “Sorry.” He said blushing now.

Ami blushed as he held her hand. His hands were much larger and tough, but his grip was gentle. She had held his hand before when they were little, but it was just innocence. That hand was no longer a little boy's hand.

She looked up at him and giggled, "Don't worry. If we were going to walk up those stairs, I'd make you carry. I may be able to... you... know.. dance, but I am not walking up that many flights..", she said and then let out a content sigh. Butterflies were starting to form in her stomach. Was this the start of something? She hoped so, and she hoped she wasn't just some fallback girl for Brandon. He didn't seem like he type to do that, but one could never tell when emotionally scarred.

When they got into the elevator, Ami gasped slightly as he pulled her into his arms and kissed her. She smirked in the kiss, thinking of movie scenes where people kissed and got naughty in elevators, taking advantage of their brief moment of privacy, sometimes even stopping the elevator to have a little more fun. But that was Hollywood.

"It's okay... I kind of liked it..", she said softly as she blushed as well. The smirk returned to her lips slightly.

“Maybe we’ve watched too many movies.” Brandon teased as the elevator doors opened and he this time slid an arm around her shoulders and lead her to his apartment. He lead her inside kicking off his shoes leaving them near the door he walked in, flopping on the couch, reaching down to the side to pull out the drawer where he kept all his dvds, “See anything you want to watch?” he asked smiling at her as she joined him. His eyes never left her, she was so beautiful he thought to himself, why had he never seen it before?

Ami followed him inside, taking her shoes off along with him. She stopped and scanned the room with her eyes. She was used to seeing it full of people, she had never been there alone with him. This was definitely a new, exciting, and nerve wracking experience.

A quiet night watching a movie with an amazing guy was the perfect idea of a date to her. It was free, relaxing, and if things heated up, it was easily manageable.

She looked at him and smiled as she knelt down to where the DVD's were. She rummaged through them and picked out both of the Kill Bill Volumes. "These should be good... got every genre packed into one... I hope you don't mind them?" she said as she stood up and walked to the couch, sitting down right next to him.

Brandon smiled, “Would I have owned rthem if I minded them?” he asked smiling, “To tell you the truth their marks, I’ve never seen them, but I’ve always wanted to.” He finally admitted smiling. “And… who said I was going to be watching the movie?” he teased his smile sinfully wicked as he poked her shoulder, “And I was enjoying you on your knees like that.” He teased as she came to sit beside him. He laughed at his own slightly crude humor and taking the movie from her moved over and popped it in returning with the remote sitting close to her, but not too close. For allhis teasing he didn’t want to push her.

Back
Top Bottom