Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Difficult and uncommon kinks to find partners for

boyo111 said:
Raisins are sexy

Fuck yeah, they are.

calras4.jpg

g.stevens11 said:
OH wow. That reminds me of something funny.

Did anyone ever see the Play Dough item from a while back that looked kind of like a dildo?

If not, NSFW (just kidding, it's really not)

omg... XD Reminds me of those actual dildos that you can get that spurt actual cum to simulate being fucked for real. Except this is with play-doh. "I want the play-doh inside me when I finish." What a riot. And those raisins look like they came outta something like that.

Ugh. I hate those fake things. Worst excuse for erotic toys on the planet. I swear, the only reason why they were ever invented was for ridiculous bukkake scenes and making some guys look like they have monster dicks.

I agree about the raisins coming out of that though.

Due to my lack of visualisation abilities, I don't use faceclaims at all, unless my partner requests them, and to me it's more 'who' she is, rather than what she looks like that drives my responses, or is important to the story. Half of the time, unless it's specifically relevant to the plot, I don't even think about her physical appearance, however I do have a "type' I like, and that is generally the 'girl-next-door''; neither super-model good looking with a GGG cup, or extremely unattractive.

That fits in with my preference for modern-day settings (which, in itself can be difficult to find a partner for), as a concept I'm attracted to is 'ordinary people who find themselves in extraordinary situations'; it could be happening, right now to my next door neighbour. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors? As for old, ugly, or obese characters, etc, I would write as them if the situation/scene called for it.

Another difficult to find kink/ideal, is someone who will play multiple females in a sexual context, which is something I've done quite often with male characters, such as MMF threesome's, and a gang-bang or two, and even just two males lusting after the same woman. That could be because it's not something I actively go out and chase, but I have often been requested it from my end (and I do state on my thread that I enjoy playing multiple characters, both generally, and in a sexual context), but have only once been 'offered' it, and it appears as a direct 'No' on quite a few threads.

Just to add, much of what I say here refers specifically to females/female characters, as that's who I look to write opposite, therefore the only perspective I have, but they could well experience the same as I, or find the same kinks or concepts as difficult to find when searching from their end for males/male characters.

AndNich123 said:
Now that is just wrong. Backing out of a rp because the face claim wasn't attractive enough?

Mind you, I don't know the specifics, but the FC in question was probably a generally attractive celebrity anyway... so that person was REALLY nitpicky.
I guess some people are just like that when it comes to their roleplaying, but like, you gotta have a little leeway, otherwise you'll never, ever find people who will rp with you.

Outside-the-Box Jellyfish said:
AndNich123 said:
Now that is just wrong. Backing out of a rp because the face claim wasn't attractive enough?

Mind you, I don't know the specifics, but the FC in question was probably a generally attractive celebrity anyway... so that person was REALLY nitpicky.
I guess some people are just like that when it comes to their roleplaying, but like, you gotta have a little leeway, otherwise you'll never, ever find people who will rp with you.

Is that really the important part? Isn't that what this thread is all about? These things that we probably should have compromised about, should have taken someone who wasn't interested in it the way we are(like dark with the vampires being always equated to blood or Quix and those female characters that follow his male characters around because they don't want to do anything else on their own). I think it's much better to have the story you want, played the way you want, than just playing something just to be playing something.

Not everybody is here for the same things.

Some people are here to get off.

Some people are here to write and do it well.

Some people are here to fulfill a certain fantasy.

Some people are here to blow off steam or escape rl.

Some people are here to push their boundaries.

Some people like lots of rps going all at once.

Some people find that one story to focus on and don't take on others until that current one has died or finished.

There's a someone for everyone and I do not agree with the premise "you have to compromise". Because to me, that sounds like "who cares why you're here, let's do what I want." If that's not what you mean, then do elaborate.

Well outside-the-box jellyfish, one thing I do, if FC are even used, is to run them by the person. Now at that time, yes they could say no and walk away. I would harbor my own opinions about that, and I'm entitled to do so. Just like they're entitled to walk away. Whether I agree or not is irrelevant, but I would hope that we could come to some sort of compromise on what they were looking for with appearances. When I'm asked what I would like their character to look like I always have the same request. No blonde hair, blue eyed, surfer types. I prefer dark hair and dark eyes. The rest I leave to them, and if I'm willing to leave it to them, then I pretty much okay with whatever they come up with. Now I know everybody isn't going to respond that way. That's part of the beauty of this website, but I would like to think we could come to an agreement if we didn't agree with a FC. If the plot is good, there is chemistry with the person, then a FC, I would think, is a minor thing that two people can work out. Not always the case I'm sure, but hey. That's life I guess. I'm not here to sweat the small stuff. I do that enough in real life. I'm here for an escape. I do agree that we should play what we want, how we want, with whom we want. Sometimes maybe it requires a little more work and compromise to get there.

Rudolph Quin said:
There's a someone for everyone and I do not agree with the premise "you have to compromise". Because to me, that sounds like "who cares why you're here, let's do what I want." If that's not what you mean, then do elaborate.

There's someone for everyone, but it's unlikely you will agree 100% with every single tiny detail in every single thing you might write, so either it's not super important, so you compromise, or it is important, so you say, "Ah, I'll find someone else".

But there are people who get indignant when they can't dictate every single detail and get mad when the other person wants something to their preference.

I gotcha, Outside. That does make things clearer and thank you for explaining. I guess I just put myself in their shoes, is all. There's not a whole lot that I'm not willing to do/try but I understand that's not necessarily the norm. Some people have specific kinks and sexualities and gender identities. There are even people who won't rp with someone who is a certain gender behind the keyboard. It can be frustrating to encounter those people but if we don't match up then they're not someone I want to rp with anyway. So other than briefly irritating or thinking "that's a dumb reason not to rp with someone," I don't see it as rude on the whole and react with a certain respect for what they're doing. I know I wouldn't want someone to take it personally or hang onto it if I was really specific about something I liked and wanted.

Rudolph Quin said:

There's someone for everyone, but it's unlikely you will agree 100% with every single tiny detail in every single thing you might write, so either it's not super important, so you compromise, or it is important, so you say, "Ah, I'll find someone else".

But there are people who get indignant when they can't dictate every single detail and get mad when the other person wants something to their preference.

Final point and I'll shut up about it because this thread really isn't a discussion about whether or not it is socially acceptable to reject people for what you personally feel are frivolous details.

When I first started rping 7 years ago, I didn't like men with long hair. Hated men with even shaggy hair, and the longer it got the more turned off I was. If we were going to start an rp and you sent me a photo of your face claim(i.e., the picture that is basically, "This is what my character looks like, this is how I'm imagining them and this is how you will visualize them when your character interacts with mine.") and they had long hair and I was not attracted to them, what is the protocol? What is the acceptable and "non rude" option for that? Because what I'm getting is, despite feeling no attraction to them and a lack of a desire to continue without attraction that at least I can feel towards your character, to make my own character's attraction believable, anything less than trying to play with that character would be considered me "trying to dictate how your character looks" and that's "not fair." It sounds very much like you're doing what you'd be accusing me of, then. :huh:

How about for the challenge rp? Would you not have a standard for that some people might find to be ridiculous and rude for being rejected by? I mean, it'll have very specific writing requirements or... you'll say "no, I don't want to rp with you", right? Are you allowed to set a standard for your personal preference or not? Or should you compromise and take me as a partner even though I'd go over the paragraph and sentence limit?

Rudolph Quin said:
When I first started rping 7 years ago, I didn't like men with long hair. Hated men with even shaggy hair, and the longer it got the more turned off I was. If we were going to start an rp and you sent me a photo of your face claim(i.e., the picture that is basically, "This is what my character looks like, this is how I'm imagining them and this is how you will visualize them when your character interacts with mine.") and they had long hair and I was not attracted to them, what is the protocol? What is the acceptable and "non rude" option for that? Because what I'm getting is, despite feeling no attraction to them and a lack of a desire to continue without attraction that at least I can feel towards your character, to make my own character's attraction believable, anything less than trying to play with that character would be considered me "trying to dictate how your character looks" and that's "not fair." It sounds very much like you're doing what you'd be accusing me of, then. :huh:

How about for the challenge rp? Would you not have a standard for that some people might find to be ridiculous and rude for being rejected by? I mean, it'll have very specific writing requirements or... you'll say "no, I don't want to rp with you", right? Are you allowed to set a standard for your personal preference or not? Or should you compromise and take me as a partner even though I'd go over the paragraph and sentence limit?

The idea is, I would be posting the standards for writing in that rp, which are mostly in regards to a short post length. You'd come in and think, "hey, i could do that, i'm interested in that, ok". Then we start writing and I start bitching you out for not using the Oxford comma. i.e. something I hadn't mentioned before and therefore gave the impression it didn't matter either way how you punctuate your commas.

And again, part of it is the attitude. If you hit a snag like that and your attitude is, "Oh, I didn't think to bring this up earlier, but I'm just not interested if it's a guy with long hair," then you identity that it is an issue, work it out, and if the person is like "ah, i only play long haired guys", then you go your separate ways. That's not the problem.

The problem is if the reaction is something like, "wtf, long-haired man, what the hell are you thinking? I'm not writing against that", like the person did something wrong and they should've known better, when there was not remotely an indication it would even be an issue and not even trying to talk about it.

Now, if you posted an interest check for "male character wanted, short hair only!!" and someone comes in with some glam metal looking fella and is like "here's my dude", well, then that would be their problem for ignoring your specification and expecting you to be down with it.

edit: And yeah, this is kind of derailing, and I apologize for placing such a huge tangent in this thread. I have a tendency to try and over-elaborate and get my point across. If you feel a need for more explification on my part, feel free to PM me about it.
The point basically boils down to, "you can turn something down, just don't be a dick about it if the other person isn't being obnoxious".

The point basically boils down to, "you can turn something down, just don't be a dick about it if the other person isn't being obnoxious".

My fault, actually. Reviewing the discussion, I realize your point has been clear from the get-go but I was focusing on the part of it about "compromising standards" and taking it to mean a broad and general way. I admit, I'm a little hyper sensitive about the "every way is the right way to role-play" issue and so, I tend to get defensive about it or when I feel like people are trying to put restrictions on that in any way other than personal preference. So many of these discussions do turn into negative, passive-aggressive partner smashing fests and mostly my bias is where my misinterpretation stems from.

But yes, we agree. Of course! When people are rude, they definitely need to adjust their attitude if they want to get partners.

To get back onto topic, this isn't so much a fetish but a writing preference? And by that, I am NOT referring to post count because I'm not one of those word nickel and dimers. For me, posts are as long as they need to be for a scene or situation or whatever. Main thing is that it develops the characters and moves the plot. Yes, I love adding in extra details like reactions and thought perspectives and details regarding the environment. But this is a writing style and because I'm a visual person and enjoy writing that way. So while I'll have that I WILL have the necessary elements to drive things forward and this can be achieved in however many words are needed. Whether it's a paragraph or two or a slew. Lol!!! Now that I've droned on about that and how that isn't my point....... <.<

>///<

What I did want to bring up is how it can be hard to find people willing to write for more than one character for a story. And by this I am meaning main and side characters and even the little fillers you see once or twice or what have you. But basically, a lot of people don't really like to solidly RP more than a character at a time. Personally, I love epic stories of whatever genre that have lots of colorful characters. I find it fun to develop them and see where they go. Do they suffer? Do they die? Are they happy? Just what? But many don't like to attempt this or, if they do, they abandon it shortly thereafter. It's sad. At least for me since I love that kind of thing, lol! XD BUT....I suppose it just means I can make up more and my brain is always in overdrive with characters. So there's that. Hahaha!!!

darkangel76 said:
What I did want to bring up is how it can be hard to find people willing to write for more than one character for a story. And by this I am meaning main and side characters and even the little fillers you see once or twice or what have you. But basically, a lot of people don't really like to solidly RP more than a character at a time. Personally, I love epic stories of whatever genre that have lots of colorful characters. I find it fun to develop them and see where they go. Do they suffer? Do they die? Are they happy? Just what? But many don't like to attempt this or, if they do, they abandon it shortly thereafter. It's sad. At least for me since I love that kind of thing, lol! XD BUT....I suppose it just means I can make up more and my brain is always in overdrive with characters. So there's that. Hahaha!!!

Really? I've never had a problem writing for multiple people at a time, I wonder if this makes it more attractive when I offer to write for more than one part - normally I only rp as male for the main character but have done females for the side ones. I haven't tried developing them, yet, I have one rp that will bring the side characters into the own soon enough...as well as the children of the main characters.

Like you my brain is always going, even when someone approaches me with an idea, by the time we've gotten to the second or third exchange my imagination has already taken off and thought out far ahead. And we haven't even written yet! But I like it, even if it goes off what I think, I compensate and go on a new tangent. I find the creative bit isn't taken up as much as it could be.

Yes. You'd be surprised. More often than not people will say that they'd rather just stick to one character. They won't care if I create more, but then it gets so lopsided it's rather ridiculous and can even become detrimental to the RP over time. I have managed to find a very tiny handful of people who like RPing a bunch of characters for the story, but it took me 5 years to find them. So think on that one. >.< That said, I think it's nifty you write a bunch of them. I typically stick to writing females only as it's just what my brain gets best. But I've ventured into males for side characters that play a tiny role. XD

I enjoy playing multiple character's, whether that's all at once, or in separate story strands, and to throw in some either one-off or recurring side character's to add a bit of spice, or to be used as a catalyst. It's something I look for the opportunity to include when collaborating on a plot, and I think every story I have going on at the moment has, or will have, me writing multiple roles.

Apart from very minor occasions, or where I don't need to get into the characters headspace in too much detail, I stick to male characters - I think I've only ever written two extensive posts as a female -, and that's for pretty much the same reasons as DA; it's what I know, and what I feel comfortable with writing realistically.

What I'd love to do at some stage, which I mentioned on my journal a while ago, but don't know if it's a pipedream, or if I yet have the capability, is a story with a large cast of character's; each couple or group with their own independent, but interlinked, scene, leading to a revelatory Grand Finale where the individual strands are all pulled together.

In most of the RPs I've done, multiple characters were the rule.

The main ones I did on a website elsewhere we had under the "Create-A-Universe" label, we had about five incarnations, and some of us played like a dozen characters, not counting the really minor ones.

Always wanted to do something like that again, since the group I did those with has just kind of trailed off by now, but it's tough to find a truly could group to pull that off (and we already knew each other beforehand, it'd be a lot harder to just to as a pick-up game with strangers).

So yeah, I like the big epics too.

One of the most fun I had was in an RP the starter called "Mutants vs. Zombies" where the basic premise was in a semi-post-apocalyptic earth, there were two factions, the mutated humans, and the undead, duking it out... the GM soon abandoned it but the players just kept going on our own, owning loosely keeping to the original concept.

We had lots of people in on that one, with major storylines occuring in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, and Japan (which was a floating island now).

Got really crazy at the end though. My character got in a fight with another guy who decided to go god-mode, and I responded by dropping Japan on him. Things had already died down a bit and after that the RP didn't continue. >.<

One thing that I consistently have a hard time finding partners for is watersports. It's obviously not something that everyone finds sexy, so naturally it's slim pickings. And of course then you have the problem of finding a willing partner who is also literate. I guess this bothers me because even in real life, normal sex, pee sometimes happens. I've had my fair share of vanilla sex where someone lost control a bit (toys and cocks smacking into someone's bladder in certain positions, post-orgasmic relaxation going a bit too far, or just gushing during climax), and it's played off as no big deal. But the moment you want to include such a thing in RP, there's an issue that most people have.

Wow, I haphazardly stumbled upon this thread and I'm glad I did, it's been really interesting reading what people are sharing, and I wasn't going to share but I also felt a bit guilty asking about pairing up with anyone from the group with our sharing first :)

I feel similarly to most of you here, I am very open to any kink for the most part, and those I'm not comfortable with are simply because I may not understand, or I'm not experiencedoing enough to know how I should or could articulate that element in an RP effectively. Like Vore, Furries, and beastility. I would be open to adding these aspect to my characters actions or interest but I just don't know how, yet, but I have recently become more familiar with some animal sec via Tumblr and can begin to see how I might described what's going on, and even have become turned on by it. But I don't think there is any way to actually see Vore porn, so I don't know if I'd be good at it.

As for me personally, I struggle to find partners that are into urine, scat, blood (that isn't vampire related), gore and death. Now, I can see how some might be turned off but I think that is because they have had bad experience with other partners that lack originality and creativity. I think that if done right and with great context to why Both Characters or BC are engaged in these taboo activities, the results could be really fun and sexual.

Last thing I'll say is, my most difficult partner to find is a partner that is creative and engaging enough to write descriptive post and can pick up on clues or hints, and knows how to share the space with you, so it's not just twondering people writing as separate entities, but more lIke one min writing a nover together. Not to sound too deep for the subject matter, but that is my holy grail, so tI speak of Online Role Playing, if I can have that once I thunk I can die happy. And what I really mean by that is often times I have partners that are boring and predictable, and I feel like a lot of my great creative ideas are wasted because of it. I know that people are really against God moding, and I get that, but honest sometimes it's necessary to push the story along with weaker partners, or when done in a very subtle way, successfully, I think other partners taking a bit of control of the situation or even your character a bit in certain situations is like great improvisational comedy.

I'm not perfect though and I'll admit the one hang up in have that I need to improve on s a writer is playing a more diversity of characters. Usually I only play dominant male roles, which is limiting to me, but it's hard being so different from who I am. I can play a variety of dominant males types but have trouble playing anything else.

Thanks for letting me share and sorry I was so long winded.

Ooohhh....did I just read about another mentioning that they have a love of vore, gore, blood (not necessarily with vampires...though vamps are fun, but come on...it's not always about them damn vampires, lol!) and death???

<.<
>.>

I've said it before and I'll say it again! We're a rare breed. There's not many of us out there, but we do exist. I promise you. >///< And yes, some of us are even literate (since that's the word people are throwing around these days)!!! LOL! I'm huge on story--world building, character building, developing a fabulous plot whether it's an original story or within a fandom universe--and I happen to adore the kinks I mentioned above.

Hard vore (as opposed to soft vore) is more my cup of tea. There's something to be said about being devoured piece by piece as the blood drips down throats and muscle and flesh are torn from bone. It's like crossing a forbidden line, going down that dark path you were warned to avoid. The body is shredded, becoming undeniably close to the one ravaging it, bringing it pleasure. There's no way to discern pleasure from pain, ecstasy from horror. It's all a jumble as nerves become raw and senses warped. Nothing makes sense, only the moment until death takes its grip and only one is left standing.

Vore is wonderful that way! I first got into it thanks to a fantastic little anime titled 'Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne' (see my avatar and signature for snippet graphics). You can further the concept in a bit more realistic fashion if you delve into zombies or vampires. It makes for a great intense story and allows for vore to shine brilliantly.

Blood is just fantastic. And I agree that far too many people see it as something you only use for vampires. UNTRUE!!! Where's the blood play? A nice cut with a knife that pressed a bit too hard...or a purposeful nick with a blade to create a permanent scar as the wound is licked clean along with the blade's edge. And that's just the start! Of course, other supernatural elements can join in. Why not necromancy or a cult instead? Why does it always have to be vampires? >.<

As for death....well? This theme is glorious. For one, you can explore very dark themes with death. However, you can also use it as a plot device to bring in new characters and oust older ones. Whichever works for the story. But it is a wonderful thing to explore when it comes to twisted themes for Dominance/submission along with other concepts like death/regeneration or just plain having characters die for an emotional ride.

Ahh...so you don't think you get to play enough diversity within the role of dominant male? I assure you that there are several types of dominant male...just as there are several types of submissive female and so on with the combinations. I, personally, write heterosexual submissive females. And, I like to think I can write a pretty vast variety when it comes to them. I can write a vanilla girl with sub overtones to a very feisty submissive to the meek submissive and pretty much everything in between. What manifests greatly depends on the story being developed and thus what characters start to formulate as a result. Will she be a submissive? Sure.....but she'll be unique, have a goal and a history and all those glorious things that make her a wonderful three-dimensional character that is interesting because not all submissives are the same. hehehe...

Anyway, yeah. My ramblings for the moment. >/////////<

darkangel76 said:
Ooohhh....did I just read about another mentioning that they have a love of vore, gore, blood (not necessarily with vampires...though vamps are fun, but come on...it's not always about them damn vampires, lol!) and death???

<.<
>.>

I've said it before and I'll say it again! We're a rare breed. There's not many of us out there, but we do exist. I promise you. >///< And yes, some of us are even literate (since that's the word people are throwing around these days)!!! LOL! I'm huge on story--world building, character building, developing a fabulous plot whether it's an original story or within a fandom universe--and I happen to adore the kinks I mentioned above.

Hard vore (as opposed to soft vore) is more my cup of tea. There's something to be said about being devoured piece by piece as the blood drips down throats and muscle and flesh are torn from bone. It's like crossing a forbidden line, going down that dark path you were warned to avoid. The body is shredded, becoming undeniably close to the one ravaging it, bringing it pleasure. There's no way to discern pleasure from pain, ecstasy from horror. It's all a jumble as nerves become raw and senses warped. Nothing makes sense, only the moment until death takes its grip and only one is left standing.

Vore is wonderful that way! I first got into it thanks to a fantastic little anime titled 'Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne' (see my avatar and signature for snippet graphics). You can further the concept in a bit more realistic fashion if you delve into zombies or vampires. It makes for a great intense story and allows for vore to shine brilliantly.

Blood is just fantastic. And I agree that far too many people see it as something you only use for vampires. UNTRUE!!! Where's the blood play? A nice cut with a knife that pressed a bit too hard...or a purposeful nick with a blade to create a permanent scar as the wound is licked clean along with the blade's edge. And that's just the start! Of course, other supernatural elements can join in. Why not necromancy or a cult instead? Why does it always have to be vampires? >.<

As for death....well? This theme is glorious. For one, you can explore very dark themes with death. However, you can also use it as a plot device to bring in new characters and oust older ones. Whichever works for the story. But it is a wonderful thing to explore when it comes to twisted themes for Dominance/submission along with other concepts like death/regeneration or just plain having characters die for an emotional ride.

Ahh...so you don't think you get to play enough diversity within the role of dominant male? I assure you that there are several types of dominant male...just as there are several types of submissive female and so on with the combinations. I, personally, write heterosexual submissive females. And, I like to think I can write a pretty vast variety when it comes to them. I can write a vanilla girl with sub overtones to a very feisty submissive to the meek submissive and pretty much everything in between. What manifests greatly depends on the story being developed and thus what characters start to formulate as a result. Will she be a submissive? Sure.....but she'll be unique, have a goal and a history and all those glorious things that make her a wonderful three-dimensional character that is interesting because not all submissives are the same. hehehe...

Anyway, yeah. My ramblings for the moment. >/////////<

Wow, you described vore so wonderfully...and I didn't say that I have problems playing a diverse range of dominant males, I can play all types of those. It's more so anything else that I'm not good at, or rather less likely and even reluctant to; i.e. females, submissive males, or other. Lol.

Awww....well, thank you so very much! : )

Honestly, if you want some fantastic inspiration for hard vore at the very least....I do recommend the anime Rin. As I said, it's what got me interested in it in the first place. There's a scene or two that are just poetically beautiful. In watching them, I completely understood EXACTLY why the concept could be loved and adored. I haven't looked back since and as such love the kink to pieces. hehe!

Ahhhhh......gotcha!!!! Well, you know...you write what you like, I say. And, to be honest, if you can write a whole slew of varying dominant males, then that's pretty damn awesome. Because I do think people often times forget just how many personality types and what not there are in such roles--from vanilla all the way to hardcore and everything in between. : ) So, if you can do that? Then, I wouldn't sweat it if you aren't into writing the other combinations. That is, unless you're wanting to. Then, it's just a matter of practice. But if you don't care, then I wouldn't worry about it.

Heehee, you guys talking about gore and death and vore put me in my happy place. Excuse me while I do a little dance.

*fabulous hapy dance ensues, jazz hands are deployed with reckless abandon*

But for realsies, it's nice to see a few other people lurking about who seem to "get" the whole vore/gore/snuff/blood thing. Just because something is repugnant or horrifying doesn't mean it can't be sexy :)

Exactly. It can be. It's why I don't judge stuff I'm not into. Everyone has their limits and/or things they aren't up to writing. But, to not want to write them or whatever and to judge are separate things entirely.

Anyway, yes. It's always nice when I come across people who love vore/gore/blood/death because it's just rare. Really rare. I'm sure it is for other uncommon kinks as well. But, these are mine, so it's what I'm going with. LOL! I should also mention that I have a thing for reptilian anthros. I mean, I'm ok with the typical werewolf thing. But, I really like reptilian anthros when you get into the whole dragon deal. Why? I don't know. lol. Probably has to do with the fact that I just like reptiles in general and the fact that the contrast is a stark one. Add in other interesting things like claws and a prehensile tongue and whatnot and it just gets interesting. XD

But, I digress......

A lot of people are repulsed by the things I mentioned above and are terrified to even consider death. And I'm talking even in a way that has nothing to do with anything other than pure story element sometimes. I mean, I suppose I can get people being leery if you're broaching dark themes. But to say....NO, THIS CHARACTER CANNOT DIE EVEN IF THEY HAVE A TERMINAL DISEASE BECAUSE I SAY SO! is just...I don't know... Where's the drama? The angst? The fun? In movies, characters die all the time. *shrugs* Maybe it's just me. Who knows. But I also adore those darker themes where you explore Dominance/submission and you touch upon death as the ultimate form of submission. It's a psychological thrill ride of the darkest kind and I love how twisted and amazing that can be. >.<

Back
Top Bottom