Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hunted (BurningWillows & BloodMoon)

large.jpg

"You've never been on a date?" he asked incredulously, "Been hiding that pretty face all these years, or are you scaring boys off? 'Cause there is no way someone as beautiful as you cannot have been asked out on a date."

His words made her blush, which in turn made him smile more, "If the prime rib isn't to your liking, then I'll owe you another dinner I guess. Fair?"

He continued leading her through the busy streets towards the familiar restaurant he had been to plenty of times with Ash, enjoying Luna's small hand in his.

203cf536-4961-429a-b795-e1985370f356_zpsevg6ived.jpg

"Braxton," her voice died, his words making her breathless.

Hesitantly she lifted her face to meet his, knowing the fear reflecting in her eyes. If he gets hurts, I'll never forgive myself.

It wasn't just because of his handsome features, or that she had slept with him. This man was one of the rare few left in a world of hate and chaos, who still found joy and saw beauty. He cared for perfect strangers, and treated her like a lady, not as an object. His words were mostly foreign to her ears, but every syllable he spoke sounded like a compliment forming.

In Ashlin's eyes, Braxton was just too good for her. She didn't want to extinguish the glow inside Brax that so many hunters had lost. Or see him get hurt for her sake, because he wanted to help her. She could name plenty of people in her travels far more worth Braxton's attention than she was.

So his words felt like a knife to the heart; so sweet, and yet cruel in their own manner. I am like no one you ever met. I'm shallow, and tempered, and dangerous. I bring nothing but misfortune to those around me...in one form or the other.

"Brax," her tongue felt heavy as she spoke, but the words fell out nonetheless, "I'm not trying to hurt you, I'm trying to protect you. And every time I look at you, I forget for just a second what'll happen to you if we get too close. And that second is glorious. But then...then it comes back, and I'm left wishing that one second would return. I have the devil dancing at my side, and he doesn't like to share. He will kill you, if you become a threat. An actual threat."

Her eyes dropped then, unable to watch as she pushed him farther away, "I can't lie and say I'm not interested in you. You captivate me, make me feel wanted and exciting. But we can't...I can't do this to you. I can barely sit this close to you without every inch of my body wanting to shred your clothes off and take you, right here...on this table."

B~
e2fd6184bc6c7a109903155d6ac99e72.jpg

Within her vibrant eyes, he could see both the struggle and the pain flickering throughout her mind. Tilting his head slightly more, Braxton leaned in.
“I’ve wrestled dinosaurs who could swallow me whole… Battled hoard’s of wraith like beasts, I’ve been attacked by the fluffy-flesh eating Koala's, bitten by spider’s who’ve killed many men, slain serpents the size of sky scrapers, and survived desert’s filled with acid spitting lizard’s the size of an average man. That’s not even a depiction of the wide blue, and traveling north… I know what I’m doing Ash.” He replied, grinning softly at her. His hand reached up to softly press his finger’s along her jawline in a comforting fashion.
“So instead of worrying over a narcissistic ass, why don’t we enjoy our time together at the moment? And when the fight comes up, we’ll deal with it… Together.” He stated, leaning his head in only slightly as his opposite hand reached up, pulling his shade’s away from his face to sit them on top of his head.

Braxton’s head leaned back towards her last comment. He wouldn’t be arguing, and he couldn’t disagree to her statement. The Aussies hand fell from along Ash’s jawline to rest softly on top of the table, his hand holding open for her to choose if she wanted to place her hand within his.
“I wouldn’t disagree to that” He breathed with a laugh, his eye’s falling back on her with a certain cheekiness.
“You had me worried with distancing yourself. Thought I fucked somethin’ up” He commented back, watching her as they sat together.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

“No, I’ve always just stayed in cities for contracts only… I’ve gotten a look or two I guess.” She replied, her soft whimsical voice purred as she thought. A blush spread across her pale, perfect cheeks leaving her looking down with a slightly frazzled feeling. His words where so kind, but she knew sometimes men would say thing’s just to gain what their real goal was. While she couldn’t feel that from him, the wolf still hadn’t known him all that long. She shrugged the feeling off, returning to the cheery conversation they were having.
Then again, he was offering to do dinner again. Not that she was complaining. The thought warmed her chest, and she smiled up at the man. Her silver orb’s glittered as she nodded up towards the handsome man, as the two walked hand in hand towards a restaurant that he’d been telling her about.

Gotta give him credit, he doesn't back down.

But I'm trying to protect him. Why is he being stubborn?

Why are you?

She was getting no where with distancing herself, and while she could get up and leave -avoiding him altogether- she was too selfish to do so.

"Don't say I never warned you," she retorted, taking his open hand and breaking into a grin, "Your impossible to say no to, ya know?"

Ashlin heard the door open and turned to see Xael and Luna enter, waving them over. As they sat the waitress swung by for their drink orders then pranced off. Ash offered to move seats so she was beside Brax, so Xael and Luna could sit beside each other. As she passed him, she grabbed his arm briefly, catching his glance.

"Do you have the book?" Ash whispered, "Is it safe?"

"Here," he rustled in one of his pockets and pulled out a hand-sized black leather bound book that looked old and weathered.

"Thank you," she murmured, putting the book in her lap as she sat down beside Brax.

"So what's everyone having for dinner?" she asked the table, trying to relax.

B~

Braxton chuckled softly, his mischievous grin pulling at his lips.
“You have, several times Darlin’” He replied, softly folding his hand around her small, feminine hand.
“Much like you are” Braxton’s face leaned in, bringing her hand up to his lips to kiss the inside of her wrist ever so softly.
But like that the conversation was changed as Ash’s face lit up to a friend’s presence. As they greeted each other, Braxton nodded at them.
“G’Day again friend’s” He greeted, smiling polity at the two. Again, that girl looked familiar. It was edging on the front of his mind, but he couldn’t recall where. Quickly, Braxton watched his date get up to greet her friend and retrieve a small black book from him, before stashing it away.
“This is a good question, what sort of food are we in the mood for today Ash?” He grinned, looking over at her as his arm naturally wound around the back of her chair.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

The two entered the nice quaint restaurant, meeting up with Xael’s friend and her date.
Why did he look familiar? But as soon as she wondered that, those haunting white eye’s brought it back.
“Hey Braxton. How’s the arm?” She asked with a chuckle. Her silver eye’s looked over at Xael with a smile as he sat down beside her. The Australian before her seemed confused, before something clicked.
“Auhhh little hunter. It’s good. Fixed up in no time.” He replied with a chuckle. His accent seemed slightly watered down.
“Been a while ya weirdo. I’m surprised your still kicking with how you take on large hoards.” She laughed, leaving Braxton with a chuckle.
“Say’s the girl who pass’s up contract’s cuz’ they’re in the forest.” He laughed.
“Hey, forest’s are too cramped.” She growled, a playful friendly manner still taking her tone as Lunar leaned into Xael, looking up happily with both wolfish silver eyes.
Ash piped up and Lunar chewed on the thought. She was beginning to feel peck-ish.
“What’s on the menu?” She asked, still looking at the handsome man she leaned on.

It seemed everyone knew one person or another, in some way. It didn't bother her, knowing most of the hunters were immortal, so they'd been doing it long enough to run into each other. Ashlin was one of the newest hunters around, having only gotten into the trade about ten years back...around the time she met Eli. No one had known her then, and most still didn't, as she preferred to keep her business private. She'd only met Xael a couple years back, and Elijah was her only other tie to the hunter population.

In short, no one truly knew her. And she liked it that way.

Returning her attention to the table, Ash sent a raised eyebrow Xael's way, noticing when the girl leaned in towards him. It was both a look of amusement and warning. It was nice to see Xael with a woman; however she knew him, all too well, and she seemed too innocent and sweet for his taste.

"I can order at the bar," Ashlin replied, "The waitress' seem overrun with customers at the moment. The owner is behind the bar there and knows Xael and I. If we go up, we could get a nice discount on a couple meals."

"Prime rib?" she continued as she looked over to Braxton with a smile.

As he nodded she got up, beckoning Xael to follow.

"What would you like?" she heard him murmur to Luna who replied softly.

As they wove through the busy tables, she fell into step with him, keeping her voice low so no one overheard.

"Know what your doing there?" she asked, "You've never been interested in woman outside brothels before."

"There has never been anyone of interest outside brothels," he retorted, "Except you. But we've been there, tried that."

His mention of their one night stand over a year ago made her grimace, "It isn't fair to her if your playing games. I know your a nice guy, but you also have a short attention span."

Xael glared at her, but as they reached the bar he couldn't said anything. They ordered, and sure enough got a discount on their meals. As they returned he replied quietly, his voice a tone darker.

"She's different. I go to brothels to...you know, feed...but she's..."

"Captivating," Ashlin completed his sentence, smiling, "I'm in the same boat. Just don't fuck it up."

They returned to the table, and she dropped the conversation, smiling as she sat back in her chair.

"So the contract..." Ashlin started, jumping head in.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Lunar’s soft luscious pink lips curved up in a gentle smile.
“Something nice and raw in the middle?” She asked, licking a canine slightly at the thought. While to some it seemed odd, the girl couldn’t help the taste of a bloody piece of meat. While to the girl it didn’t seem busy, it was more of an excuse for the two to talk. The chemistry between the two seemed off, indicating they needed to talk over some fairly important things. Lunar turned to Braxton, but as they walked away, her wolfish hearing kicked in, picking up pieces of their conversation as Lunar sat unwillingly listening.
B~

Braxton nodded, smiling at the woman as she got up to go order. While it wasn’t very gentlemanly to let her order, he brushed it off, she was obviously needing to speak with her friend quietly concerning something. Looking over at the red headed girl and smiled softly.
“How’s the cities been?” He asked, hushing his tone as her head tilted with curiosity over something her hearing had picked up.
“Sorry… Overhead something. They’ve been… Oddly quiet, like they’re beginning to migrate…” She mumbled returning Braxton’s question.
“Some of them it’s like they’ve been rejected by a larger beast, and other’s like they’re moving to other cities. I don’t blame them though… some of the cities weather systems have been weird lately.” She continued, her soft voice stopping here and there as other sound’s caught her attention.

large.jpg

Their dinner arrived half hour later, well after their conversation on the contract had dried and they'd moved onto more entertaining subjects. They chatted while they ate, and everyone seemed to relax around each other.

After dinner, Ashlin invited the group to stay for drinks. She had no where to be that night and felt like a stiff drink. Xael accepted, turning to Luna to see if she had anything planned. Ash in turned moved her violet eyes onto Brax, batting her lashes as she asked him if he'd stay, or if he had errands to run before they left in the morning.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Dinner had been excellent. The chef didn’t seem too pleased with the rawness she requested but he left it at that when she’d dug in. While they ate, the chit chat was comfortable and well entertaining. When they had finished Xael’s friend offered for them to stay. As soon as they had offered, the waitress poked her head up to the table, looking to see if the group wanted anything else.
Nodding, the small girl ordered a vodka with cherries, while Xael and Ash ordered their drinks.
B~

Between the chit chat and the well prepared dinner, Braxton was enjoying himself. But while Ash and the others ordered Drink’s Braxton had to decline. While the food was fabulous, it didn’t sate him. He was starving. Starving down to the tips of his fingers and end’s of his toes.
“Unfortunately, I do have an errand to run.” He looked sadly at the beauty beside him. A sickness pulled at his conscious. This time tomorrow, a child would be dead… Yet again from the cold of their own room. While it kept him young, and alive, the creature couldn’t help but feel the remorse pull at him already.
Leaning in Braxton kissed Ash, his lips pressing firmly against her’s before he stood and dismissed himself.
“I apologize Ash, I’ll be back soon.” He apologized to the young beauty before disappearing from the little restaurant.

Ashlin felt her heart sink a little at his words. She really didn't want him to go.

"Want me to come?" she offered as their lips parted, "Tag along?"

He shook his head, excusing that he won't be long. Before he left she caught his hand and pulled him back to her as she stood, pressing into him as she gave him one last, fiery kiss.

"Be quick," she whispered against his lips, "Don't leave me waiting."

~~

With Brax gone, after a few drinks Luna and Xael fell into a comfortable conversation, and Ashlin had a chance to look at the book tucked into her belt. Sitting crossed-legged on her chair she sat the book on her lap and riffled through the pages.

B~

He wouldn’t be gone long, only an hour or two… Sliding back to the inn, Brax disappeared upstairs quickly, retrieving another cloak from the one of few clothing item’s he had. The material was thick, and black. Looking fairly new with how beaten most item’s within this days era was. Switching out his cloaks, the new material bathed around him, consuming him and hiding his identity behind it’s reach. Slinking out the window, Braxton jumped down the building, landing in a crouching position in the back alley behind the inn. Looking around, the hooded figure stayed to the shadows as he made his way to the rougher side of the city.
After what felt a while, Braxton finally found one, old enough to prey on. Tapping a set of darkened claw’s against the window, the glass material seemed to quickly slide up within Brax’s fingers. Slowly sliding into the old, grubby room, Braxton made his way towards the child, the hunger beginning to burrow into his ribs. The child slept so peacefully… His conscious began to sink in, but he couldn’t let that… Not to live, not to save lives… Tonight, he required two kids… The thought paining him more as he crept up towards the small being. Standing over him, the child seemed to call, his small immunity system crying out to feed Braxton’s inner quarrels. The soft blue light began to emanate from Braxton’s mouth as he leaned over the small figure, helpless and unknowing. The minutes passed by as he fed… Tomorrow… this child would die from the cold… Nothing that the parents could do would save him… Slowly, the man stepped away feeling both half full, and guilty of another crime.
Sneaking out the window Braxton preyed around the back streets, looking for another poor home to target.
As time passed, the man had finally found another home to silently sneak into. This time… a small girl. How could he keep doing this? His gut hurt from the guilt. But he couldn’t help it to live. While he could target adults, children where both the easiest and held the strongest immunity system to target, leaving a perfect window for Braxton’s kind to sneak in.
With that, the man quickly found himself back on the streets, slinking in the shadow’s back to the cleaner part of the city. Eagerly Braxton awaited Ash’s perky face to greet him as he’d gotten back from what she knew as an errand.

Most of the book was in Latin, although a couple pages were English, and one was a Spanish spell. The English spells were minor, as she read them, and the Spanish spell seemed to be an add-on in the end of the book, a spell found but seemingly untested.

For a book of black magic, the first few spells she read seemed tamed. Not that I know what to expect for black magic...of course.

Settling in with her third glass of bourbon, she slowly read the titles of each page, bilingual in both English and Latin. Her Spanish was rough, but she knew enough words to read the last page, and it wasn't anything useful to her.

"Hope your not planning on using any of those spells," Xael's voice piped up, drawing her attention.

"Just taking a gander at it. Purely curiosity. As a sorceress, I like seeing new spells.”

"But you won't cast them?" Xael asked, more force in his words.

"I don't practice black magic Xael," she lied, as smoothly and perfectly as if she had rehearsed these lines a million times in the mirror -which she had.

Internally, she scolded herself for lying to him. But it was in his best interests, and she had to protect Xael, and Braxton too. As Xael and Luna returned to their conversation, she waited until they were engrossed with each other once more before tilting her head down to read again. As she flipped pages, she wondered idly where Braxton was off to. What would he think of you using black magic?

He won't find out.

Just like you keep Xael in the dark? And Elijah? Now Braxton...

Shut up. I'm reading.

Halfway through the book she stopped, gazing down with a mixture of excitement and fear at the spell she found. It took her a few seconds to slowly translate the Latin into her head. The top was the title, although she already knew what it said. The next portion was the definition of the spell, and under that the incantation. And under that…ingredients?

Ashlin was advanced in potion-making, as it was taught alongside spell-casting. She was surprised to find a spell that involved a potion along with it, as those were rare. Usually it was one or the other. Skimming through the ingredients, Ashlin paled more. None of this was cheap, or easy to acquire. She knew a few vendors who sold the items, but that didn’t ease her queasiness. Then she read the last ingredient and her stomach dropped.

No, she thought, there is no way in hell I’m doing that.

Snapping the book shut, she grabbed her glass of whiskey and drained the contents, waving the waitress over for another. Her brain mulled over the spell, refusing to leave it be. When the waitress returned, Ashlin stole the bottle from her, filling and draining her glass quickly.

"You alright?" Xael asked, his worried eyes and Luna's looking over at her.

"I shouldn't have read the book," she muttered, rolling her shoulders, "Some of the spells in there...are just awful."

"That's why it's black magic," Xael pursed his lips, "They aren't supposed to be nice spells, they were made by foul people to do foul things. You over anyone should know that."

"I do," she murmured, his words making her feel worse and worse, "I guess I just didn't know what to expect."

"Expect evil," Xael replied dryly, "Magic-casters who use spells like that are as evil as the beasts we hunt. People like us don't need whatever bullshit is kept in that black book. Don't think about it, okay Ash?"

"Uh huh," she sighed, feeling like scum from his words, "Out of my mind already."

But it wasn't. Every time she had a second to think the spell trickled back into her thoughts, making her ill. Soon she wished Braxton would return, if only to calm her nerves.

B~

The night moved on, the moon rising slowly in the sky as the stars twinkled above. Making his way into the inn, through the back window he’d escaped; Braxton quickly shrugged off the odd looking cloak, quickly stashing it with the other few belonging’s he owned before returning to his other choice of warmth. Braxton closed the window, and made his way out of the Inn, and back towards the restaurant. Now fully in charge of his need’s the man wouldn’t need to worry for the next couple weeks until the hunger returned.
As he opened the door, he could hear her already. She was giggling up a storm over something. Making his way back to the table, Braxton looked over his perky little face looking over at the woman.
“Ash? Are you alright?” He asked, looking over at the other two before back to the sorceress.

large.jpg

"He's back!" Xael cheered, lifting his mug of beer as Braxton approached, "You're missing out man. We had a drinking contest. And this one won." He pointed to Luna who sat smiling. Ash bobbled in her chair, giggling into her hand incessantly.

"She tried, and lost," Xael pointed a finger at Ash, swaying in his seat, "So now we are all pissed drunk.

"I'm fine," Ashlin hiccuped, sending her into another bout of giggles, "Brax-x...handsome, join us!"

Why she'd agreed to the contest, she wasn't sure. But trying to keep up with Luna knocking one shot after another back failed, and she ended up drunker than she had been in a long time. The great news was she'd stopped thinking about the spell. Till now. Ashlin frowned and tossed back her vodka drink, trying to drown her thoughts. While she drank, Xael piped up with a joke that had her spurting out her drink into her hand, giggling madly.

"Ash? Are you alright?"

his voice hummed in her ears and she turned her heavy head towards the handsome man standing before her. Where had he gone again?

Errands. Oh yeah. Well, he's back now.

She smiled up at him, wiggling in her seat, "Come sitttt."

"I think she's cut off," Xael laughed, watching her sway, "I think I'm cut off too. I still need to find an inn to stay at for the night. Where are you staying Luna?"

Ashlin missed the rest of the conversation, but the scraping of chairs and a quick goodbye from her friends told her they were leaving. The waitress was quick to come over and see if everything was alright, and Ashlin paid their tab, thanking her greatly.

"Braxton...angel," she murmured, trying to stand and almost falling, "Keep m-me steady."

A strong hand pushed against her lower back as she made her way to the front door and out into the cool night air. She gulped it greedily, the refreshing night helping her clear her foggy head just a little.

"W-where are we going?" she asked, looking around, "We n-need an inn."

Her hiccups got worse and it made her laugh, her voice filling the empty streets. Two strong arms swept her up and she smiled lazily at the foreign man holding her.

"Thanks," she whispered, leaning her head into the crook between his head and shoulder, "Walking's not my t-thing."

As he carried her, Ashlin began drifting off and coming to, reality and dreams blurring together so she was unable to tell them apart. She was in a forest...no in someone's arms...in the forest in someone's arms. She was struggling to get free. Why? She couldn't make sense of it, until she realized her eyes were closed.

Opening her pale violet eyes she looked up at the eyes of the man she thought she could trust, who had been her rock for seven years. She screamed and kicked and flailed, trying her hardest to free herself.

"No daddy!" she screamed, "Mommy help!"

But there was her mother, walking beside him, her lips pursed and her eyes downcasted. Had they both given up on her? She was supposed to trust them!

"Please!" she screamed, tears streaming out her tiny wide eyes as her father held her tightly, "I'm scared! Don't make me leave! I don't want to."

"It's for the best, Marian," her father spoke to her mother, ignoring her small screams, "We have to."

"I'll be good!" she cried, "Mommy I'll be good. I'm your daughter! Please! Daddy! I won't hurt anyone."

"You're a monster," her father spat and the world around her grew dark as his words echoed in her head, "You're a monster."

Ashlin's eyes broke open, the warmth of fresh tears still on her porcelain skin. She caught the frightened look of white eyes staring down at her, but as she blinked her brain grew fuzzy again and she started slipping...again...back into sleep. No, she thought hazily, Open your eyes. Stay awake.

Again her eyes flashed open, but she was alone now, standing in the streets by herself. There was a cloak over her, hiding her frail, thin body and face. Hiding every feature she did not want others to see.

Slowly she walked the streets, listening to the hushed murmurs as she passed, until she came to one house. It was battered and falling apart, but familiar and warm somehow, even after years of being away. There was a large window in the front, low enough for passerbys to look into. Eagerly she looked in, hoping to see the loving faces of those dear to her. Instead she saw an ugly face staring back at her, eyes haunted by speckled, wrinkled skin that looked as if it was peeling off. Screaming, she fell back, her cloak catching on her feet and pulling it from her. People around her stared in shock and horror, some of them crying out names. Ashlin quickly got to her feet, pulling her hood up and making a break for the nearest alley. Behind her some people followed, others ran in the opposite direction.

They hate me.

"Wake up!" the voice came out of no where, scaring her and making her jump, her body falling down...down...

"Ashlin, wake up!" the voice cried again and she jolted, suddenly feeling two warm hands around her, her body held up in the air.

Slowly she opened her eyes, scared to see what nightmare came next. Instead she found herself looking at two comforting, soft white eyes that she couldn't be more relieved to see.

"Braxton," she breathed huskily, burrowing her face in his neck as tears sprang forth.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

A soft whimsical laugh left her mouth, the room felt slightly off centered as the alcohol did it’s job. While the wolf’s date and his friend were seemingly sloshed, the girl could still use several more drinks.
“Waitress!” The red head giggled, throwing her perfect little claw’s up trying to wave over the waitress.
While she brought over several bottles, Lunar grabbed the bottle of vodka from her before thanking her politely. Looking over at Xael, the girl grinned as she took a drag from the bottle before offering it to him.
She couldn’t help but laugh slightly more as the two greeted their new foreign friend as he entered the bar.
“Heeey, you two are light weights!” The large wolfish grin exposed large canine’s as she softly nudged Xael with her shoulder as she teased them. Lunar took another drag before holding the bottle up for the man. The warmth of the alcohol was warming every vein through her body, making thing’s hum softly within her sensitive ears.
“I would advissse to start now” She giggled, only to have the man politely decline. Lunar’s free hand slipped to rest softly on Xael’s leg as she continued to lean into him.
“Actually I was planning on cuddling with you” She smiled, both large silver orb’s looking up at Xael as the girl rested her chin on his shoulder. Like that, the two where wandering out, leaving the almost empty bottle behind.

B~

She was so far gone, it shocked him. Picking the girl up bridal style he carried her towards the inn they were staying at. Hoping to tuck her into bed and grab several glass’s of water, along with a bucket for the girl.
But as he carried her she drifted off into sleep, her small figure began to twitch, then evolved into soft cries evolving with violent struggles. His hand’s gripped her tightly, trying to keep ahold of her as she cried and called out to her parents.
Both of Braxton’s soft white eye’s looked down at her sadly, ignoring the stares and concerned whisper’s around him as he continued carrying. But then she woke up, tears streaming down her perfect little cheeks. Slowly reaching up his hand reached around her, wipping the tear’s away.
“Shhhhhh, relax Darlin’. No-one’s here to harm you.” He whispered, kissing her forehead sweetly. As soon as he’d done that she slipped back, her body going limp for several minutes as he walked into the inn, and upstairs.
But as soon as he’d gotten into the room, had she begun struggling and crying out again.
“Shhhhh” Quickly he placed her down on the bed, grabbing a wet cloth to place ontop of her forehead as he sat beside her and tried to hold back her struggles before she hurt herself. Her scream’s worried him as he tried to wake her, her form resistant to anything he could do as she struggled.
Picking her back up, he sat with her in his arms, still trying to contain her thrashing movements.
“Ash!” He called, his worried white eye’s watching her face distort in panic and distress.
“Wake up!” He called, her eye’s shooting open as he held her arms. Like that… She was awake, her head nestling into the crook of his neck as her arm’s curled around him. Sliding his hand up to the back of her head, Braxton placed his chin on top of her head gently, trying to sooth the beautiful woman within his arms.

large.jpg

Xael threw his arm around the small woman's shoulders as they stumbled through the streets. Eventually they made it to the other side of the city where the inns were plenty...and cheap. At the first one they found, Xael led her inside and paid the bartender handsomely. Trying to get up the stairs proved a hilarious difficulty for both of them, leaving Xael and Luna in fits of laughter as each of them watched the other attempt to climb the long stair case to the second floor.

Eventually they got upstairs, and into the first room on the left, the closest one to the stairs that Xael had paid for.

"Lunaaa," Xael hissed and chuckled, pointing at the queen sized bed with its old sheets and thin blanket, "Lunaaaa there's only one bed. W-what do we do?"

Her tears stained his cloaked shoulder as she sobbed quietly into him, overwhelmed from the alcohol and nightmares. Her arms wrapped around Braxton, shaking slightly, her fingers clenching handfuls of his cloak. Her nose pressed against the warm skin of his neck, and every time she inhaled his scent calmed her, but the images of her nightmares brought on fresh tears. Pulling her knees up till she was curled in a ball on his lap, she clung to him for safety.

"D-don't...let m-me...go-o," she hiccuped through her tears, feeling his broad hand stroking her dark hair.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

His arm was strong, and comforting in their drunken adventures. While thing’s looked different, the wolf didn’t complain, only giggling and chit chatting about odd and funny things. The two stumbled and laughed at each other, supporting themselves on the other. But once in the inn, the stair’s proved a challenge. Each stair seemed to go wonky, leaving the girl to step higher then need be. Fumbling around, the two pulled each other up stair by stair, giggles ringing throughout the still inn. Once they reached the room, Lunar heard Xael point out their predicament. Grabbing his hand the girl stumbled several steps, pulling him into the bed with her as she curled him around her small body.
“Your becoming m-my neeeew blanket!” She giggled sweetly, nestling her head into his chest as she wrapped his hands around her own.
B~

The man felt mortified for the girl, his arms holding her to him as one hand continued to pet her head and his lips to the top of her head.
“Shhhhhhh.” He whispered into her hair, attempting to sooth her.
“No need to worry, My arm’s are your sanctuary.” Braxton whispered, as she sobbed into his shoulder.

large.jpg

As Xael's head hit the bed his eyes fluttered closed, sleep pulling him under. He resisted, wanting to savor every second he got to hold Luna. Her body was tiny against his, her thin fingers intertwining with his.

"I don't w-wanna sleep now," he whispered, fighting to keep his eyes even half-opened, "You smell s-sooooo good."

Ashlin cried well into the night, her mind sore and tired from the day's events mixed with her nightmares and drunkenness. Braxton's words held her together though, softening her sobs into quiet tears as she remained curled in his arms.

"Sleep with me," she got out in a hoarse whisper, knowing she wouldn't sleep for the hours to come, but if Braxton slept she'd feel better, "H-hold me."

He tucked her into the bed, making sure to pull her shoes off and cloak off but leaving the rest. Then he came around the other side of the bed, and as he lay down pulled her back into his arms. Her eyes closed and Ashlin's breath softened, so while the tears continued down her cheek she lay still for him to sleep.

B~

His arm’s wrapped perfectly around her, like he was meant to fit to her. The strong bands of muscle along his arms held her safely, while her tiny form sat quietly, awake, but quiet. His chin rested on top of her head, a soft childhood song ringing in his head. Humming the soft melodic tune, the man hoped it would calm her, as it had many times for him as a child.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

A soft smile pulled at her wolfish lips, her head leaning up to kiss underneath his chin softly.
“S-Shhhhh, tomorrow” She whispered into his skin, embracing his scent as she slowly began to drift herself.

large.jpg

Xael smiled as she kissed his beard under his chin, her breath tickling him. As soon as she said tomorrow his eyes dropped closed and his breathing slowed, sleep overtaking him.

His humming rocked her into a dreamless sleep, her arms still clenched tightly to him in fear of another nightmare as she fell into unconsciousness.

cded4456-909b-4868-a530-46c84a5034ec_zpsdwt2nmiv.jpg

Boy, did she need to make him angry more often. Elijah and Reyn hadn't left their bedroom since the morning before, when he had stormed in and thrown her against the wall. They had ordered food in, added a person or two here and there to mix it up, and found every inch of the room that Elijah could pin her against while they fucked.

At some point she had passed out on the bed, and waking found herself curled into Eli, one of his strong, thick arms stretched out under her head. His soft breathing lulled her back to sleep, only to wake up again hours later as he shifted slightly and began waking up himself.

"Morning sunshine," she murmured, kissing up along his treasure trail and continuing up his neck, until her lips pressed firmly on his as she stole a kiss and lay back, "How was your sleep?

B~

The dust played within the rays of light, streaming in throughout the windows. The stream’s lighting up Ash’s features and highlighting her beauty in which he held protectively within his arms. He stayed still, admiring her as he watched her peacefully sleep, her hands still gripping him tightly. The light lit up her dark brown hair, highlighting each beautiful curl, while illuminating her perfect, and unblemished skin. Down to the picture-perfect curve of her soft red lips, and long, thick lash’s twitching softly with movement, all just leaving the man breathless as he watched her as she slept.
L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Her eye’s slowly opened, everything feeling slow and sore. Her thought’s felt sluggish, while her body responded slow. Why had she done this to herself again? Her head turned slightly, and a handsome face sat sleeping next to her, peaceful and perfect. Both silver eyes looked at him, a smile pulling at her lips as she sat quietly, examining his messy-sleep ridden hair; his strict but handsome cheekbones, and his soft peachish lips. Her eye’s couldn’t leave them, a deep desire pulling over her sluggish body to lean in and kiss him softly. She closed her eyes, resisting temptation while she clung to the soft touch of his skin against hers, and his body warming her cold form.

large.jpg

She's awake.

it was a trait of his, always waking if someone was watching him. He wasn't sure when he started, but he always knew when to wake up, especially when he was being watched. For Luna it was an even stronger pull, his heart skipping at just her gaze. Keeping his eyes closed and his breath slow, he waited as she studied him, working hard to keep from smiling.

The feeling of her gaze faded and he popped one eye open, keeping it as closed as possible. Her beautiful silver eyes were closed with an adorable crease between her brow as she thought. Her porcelain skinned face was only inches from his, her pink lips parted slightly as she breathed.

Looking at the beauty in his arms, Xael wanted nothing more than to kiss her. His brain was sluggish from the beer the night before, and he knew every movement would hurt once he got up. For a few more seconds he was at peace, the world around them forgotten.

Throwing caution to the wind he snaked his arm up between them and tilted her chin up, seeing her eyes pop open in surprise as he bent down and kissed her deeply.

E~
hottest-tattooed-male-models43-e1408993262331.jpg

The day had felt timeless, their time together was nothing more then entangling their limbs in a firey passion as pleasure waved over them time and time again. While they had added other’s, nothing felt better than the girl he laid beside. Light streamed in through the red curtains, lighting up certain area’s of the room.
While he laid half asleep he felt her shift, her devilishly soft lips pressing against his tanned, rough skin.
“Mmmm Good morning Treasure.” He moaned softly, his eye’s barely sliding open as his emerald eye’s peaked at her through tired slivers. His head leaned in and a hand slowly came up to grip her hair tightly as he kissed her back, his hand sliding down her bare body to rest on her ass, squeezing tightly as she fell back onto the bed.
“Better then most” A slight grin pulled at a corner of his lips as his eye’s widened only slightly more. “Yours?” He asked, turning his head as his hand reached over, his fingers playing down her skin as he grinned back at her.

"Braxton?" she whispered softly, breathing in the now familiar scent as she nuzzled his chest.

His throat hummed in response, pulling her lips up in a tiny smile. The night before seemed like a faded memory, still weighing on her but no longer making her grieve. He saw it all...and he's still here.

Her nose skimmed up his throat as she trailed kisses up his neck. She stopped short of his chin, taking another breath in.

"Thank you," her voice was steady, although the sound of it gave her a pounding head ache, "For everything last night."

With slow, sluggish movements she reached up and entangled her fingers in his hair, pulling his face to hers. Her eyes could barely open with the light searing her retinas, so she kept them closed, soaking in every other sense of him.

"I want to loose myself in you," Ash smiled, rolling him on top of her so his shadow hid the sunlight and let her open her eyes to gaze wondrously into his white one's.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

His body seemed to hum with life as she closed her eyes, she was resisting temptation until his body shifted ever so slightly. His hand tilting her head up as he pressed his rugged but delectable lips pressed against hers. Shock was her initial reaction, but something else began to push at her, her lips pressing back and her eye’s fluttered shut. A small, scarred, but perfect hand slid up to rest on his chest. Her fingers gripped his shirt as she deepened the kiss, bliss overrode the sluggishness, clearing her head as she bit at his lip playfully, all while thick crimson strands of hair slid into her face.

Back
Top Bottom