Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The forest of lost souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono Trigger

Supernova
Upon entering this forest you grow lost. Taking in just a few steps, turning around and taking a few steps does not permit you leave. The forests thickness and similarity trick ones mind into thinking they have gone the right way, only to find themselves truely lost. Any who fly from above, counting how far down they fly even get lost. As they fly up the forest throws off ones perception of distance and miscount, seeming to fly up forever as if the trees grow forever.
Only an elvaan of this forest can see through the tricker of the forest. They are the only ones who can guide one through and out. That and those who work for Mother Nature herself. You can't simply destroy the forest either or leave markings. Your markings mysteriously get covered up by thick brush and you will never find it again. And destroying the forest will only cause you to destroy yourself, the forest rebuilding itself. You could go mad in this forest if you aren't careful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chrono sighed softly, his fingers grazing against many different sorts of trees. He was surrounded by them among other things of the wild within a forest. It'd been days, weeks even, since he'd seen a path or person. He had no clue what to do or where to go right now, a possibility that he might even be going in circles crossed his mind. But then again it could of been the feeling of being alone that drove his mind wild and lead him to believe what he thought.

His stomach growled, a loss of time had made it hard for him to even remember to hunt for food for the last couple of days. What he would do was unknown, but he so badly wanted someone around. But soon he was on his knees, palms pressed into the ground, weakly holding his body up in exhaustion in hunger. He could collapse and die right there if he wanted and it sounded like a good idea. It would stop the pain he felt. Soon enough, the dark clouded sky let it's rain fall down upon him. And almost as if the extra weight of the rain was too much, he collapsed, face planted into the mood. His body shivered from the cold that he would normally be able to withstand had he been able to sleep and eat the last few nights.

Re: The lost neko

Sira Walks out of the mansion she had realized before she left that it was cold so she had put on an extra coat. she looks around something had told her to come out .she started walking she didn't know where she was going or why she just went where her sense's told her to. Sira was a Neko she had white ear's and purple hair and eyes .she dressed very elegantly her body was out lined in purple fur that had hearts in it.

Sira struggled to walk as the wind picked up and blew her coat and her over. she held it closer to her body she had been raised with a human family and they had left her everything.she sniffed the air she smelt another like her around and that made her pick up her speed .the smell was finally really strong but she couldn't see anyone then she tripped and fell on the ground.."oop's i'm sorry "she reply's as she see's that the poor guy was shivering.

Sira gets up and crawls over to him slowly helping him up and opening her coat and wrapping him in it.she walked him back to her place."what are you doing out here in the cold do you want to catch your death?"she asks

Chrono felt himself being lifted up, too weak to open his eyes or respond to the sweet voice playing in his ears. He coughed a little and groaned in pain as it hurt him to cough, his stomach slowly eating itself away in hunger. He began to stop shivering though, the warmth of her body and the coat providing just enough heat for him. He was able to speak a word here and there. "Sorry..."

He apologized for being so weak, causing her trouble to have to deal with him right now. He didn't care entirely for himself and hated himself now for being weak. He just let off a sigh and spoke yet again. "Food..." His voice was too soft, almost inaudible.

Flutter looked at the woods that lay between her and her friends house and looks at the directions that said to go around the woods she frowned at the paper already running behind because of the damn guy at the supply shop talking to herself "what can it hurt? I'll get there faster if I go through the woods, I'm a drow elf ,I'll make it fine ,I never get lost" She steps quickly through the brush striding towards the east towards her friends home being quickly surrounded by the thick foliage she looks up at the beauty surrounding her and smiles then keeps walking in what she thinks is the right direction.

-An hour later maybe more maybe less-

Flutter keeps walking noticing the sun is seeming to disappear from the sky. She wraps her cloak around herself tighter and walks faster thinking she should be coming through the woods soon and be at her friends house. She pauses looking around nearly certain she seen that tree before, the one that looks like it was looking at her, she frowns and mutters to herself "I must be losing my mind its not the same tree can't be I have been walking in a straight line to the east ,haven't I?" Flutter decides to stop and rest on a stump for a bit and eat some of the bread in her bag she is softly humming and looking around while she eats.

Sira smiles at him it was no trouble for her to come out here she just wished it hadn't been so cold she looks up and see's her mansion and quickly move's him inside. when they enter the butler is standing at the door.she hands him her coat "silk go alert the cook that a meal need to be made and the maid's a bed need's to be turned down"he nod's and walks away. she take's him by the arm and leads him into the sitting room where the fireplace is so he may get warm covering him up with a blanket.silk re-apears in the room with a dish of soup"the cook said it will be a few moment's so to tide him over she has made some soup".

Sira looks at silk and nod's "thank you silk "she takes the soup and sit's it down in front of the other neko "here you go i hope you like it "she says in a soft and gentle tone as she sits down beside him rubbing his back trying to make sure he is going to alright she didnt like how skinny he looked and how pale his face had become."how long were you out there all by your self?.and if i may ask what is your name?".

Chrono was silent even as he sat in front of the fireplace. He saw the soup and carefully ate it, trying not to spill it. He was more afraid of causing a mess and being scolded than he was of losing any of his meal. When the soup finally warmed his inside a bit and his hunger settled a little, he looked over to her. "Days...weeks....months...who knows..." He closed his eyes a bit. "And it's Chrono.. How were you able to guide trough the forest?" He the blinked, ears perking a bit. "Someone else is...lost..."

Katon was on his way travelling, he wasn’t sure where he was going, he had recently left the army and was travelling around not sure where to go.

He was a Dark Elf in the Human part of the land and there were some prejudice toward him due to his race. He had stopped in a village to ask directions, he was looking to get to a main city and see if he could find his fortune. The villagers had encouraged him to take a road through this dense forest.

The day was a nice one the sun was out and Katon was on the road to his new future. He found the forest the Humans had mentioned and entered, he had been walking for some 20 minutes into the forest, the smell was different in the forest, he could smell all the flowers and the humidity made the air heavy.

He hadn’t found this road he was looking for but it didn’t matter, the forest couldn’t have been that big and he would soon pass through it. The day wore on and still he had found no exit, looking up the tall trees gave no indication of where he was, the lay out of the forest looked all the same to him. Every tree was different but looked similarly the same as the one before.

Walking for so long Katon had come to the conclusion he was lost, he hadn’t seen and signs that any one had ever even been through this forest. Continuing to wander alone Katon contemplates if this was such a good idea.

Sira looks at Chrono and smiles when he finishes she take's the bowl and sit's it on the table she then shakes her head."i am sorry that you had to go through that and were out there for so long it is nice to meet you Chrono i am Sira i and well the reason i was able to find my way through them is because my family used to do hunt's in that forest.taking me along so i would learn my way".she listened to him and when he said smeone else was out there she calmly said"you stay here the cook will bring your food out shortly ".she gets up heading back into the main hall and grabbing her coat.she quickly headed back out the door looking around as she tried to sense the lost person and she realized there were two.she had to hurry before there were any more she got down on all fours this time something if her parents were alive would not apove of .

sira took off sensing first the drow elf she finds her and stands up"we must hurry there is a dark elf lost in the woods"she says calmy leading the elf with her to find the other one as she found him she looks at them both."now you two follow me please"and she asks in a calm voice needing to get them out of the cold.she makes her way through the forest in and out of trees she noticed the one had fallen back and so had the other but she didn't understand why because she was not walking that fast she was walking slow enough for them to keep up.

Flutter frowns trying to keep up with the demanding female that is towing her through the forest she pauses seeing the male dark elf hanging back some wondering if the woman even notices she has fallen behind. Flutter shakes her head a bit stopping after they are out of sight and sitting to catch her breath spotting a small clear area she gathers some leaves and fallen branches to make a small fire and uses a small bit of water she gathered off the leaves in the woods and some of the herbs in her pouch to make a nice hot tea in a small rock she found that was bowl shaped. She then wrapped her cloak around herself resting on the ground for a bit.

A few hours later

Flutterby woke up the spot from her campfire seeming to have vanished magically she shrugged not sure what exactly was going on but knowing she needed to find some food. Flutterby wandered around for a bit foraging for a bit until she had mushrooms and leaves and even a few grubs to eat she then settled down to eat looking around the woods.

Walking a bit further Katon senses someone approaches.

Turning around before him stands a woman she introduces her self as Sira.

Sira then proceeds to inform he should follow her. With her is a Drow Elf, and the three of them begin walking with her. Following her for a while it is apparent she knows where she is going. Trust is not something that comes easy to Dark Elves, though this person may be able to help them it could easily be a trap.

Hanging back a little Katon looks for an opportunity to break away. The Drow Elf shakes her head and though he is un-trustful the Drow Elf seems a safer choice to follow rather than this mysterious woman.

The two of them break off and make it to a clearing. Unsure of what to do at this point Katon sits down rests and collects him self. Watching the Drow Elf gather and start a fire it’s obvious she is skilled in what she does, not a bad person to have a round thinks Katon.
Attempting to make conversation Katon introduces him self and attempts some light conversation.

“Im Katon, this is the craziest forest I’ve ever been in. Random people coming out of no where, no roads or signs of any civilisation. How did you end up in the forest then? Im just travelling looking for the nearest town, some Humans sent me this way. Think I understand why now.”

Flutter looks up at the dark elf and holds back a giggle." Well hello Katon, Indeed it is a bit crazy and I am Flutter..I did not listen to my friend she said go around the woods..I being the stubborn drow elf that I am thought whats a little woods? It will save me time to cut through it. Now here I am a bit lost but at least I'm okay. Would you like some tea?" Flutter smiles at him her silver eyes glancing over him.( will add more to my post in a moment)

Sira shrugs as she realized that they must not want her help she walks slowly back up to the mansion putting her hood up shaking her head.She remember's what her father told her"you can only help those who help them selves". she had always been a kind and caring person and her heart was a very big one .creatures of all kinds were always getting lost in those woods she wished along time ago her dad had put a sign up warning about them. but he was too stubbern to do a thing like that.

Sira enters the mansion rubbing her hands together. removing her coat again and hanging it back up. she wore a silk purple colored corset dress that form fitted at the top and flowed elegantly at the bottom and purple heels that came to her knees .she made her way back into the living area hoping the cook had been out the feed Chrono while she had been gone.She looks around for him wondering if he was still in the living area.

“Yea tea would be great.” Accepting the tea Katon looks around, there was nothing really of any interest, they were in a clearing enjoying tea but this wasn’t a relaxing feeling Katon had. He was still anxious over who the person was and how she found the two elves so fast. That woman must be connected to the forest, he hadn’t been able to find anyone or thing and Katon would consider his sense of direction pretty good.

“Any ideas on how to get out of here, that woman perhaps knew something, she found you pretty fast. She seemed to know exactly where I was. Reckon she’s looking for us?”

Looking around in all directions Katon couldn’t even distinguish which part of the clearing they had entered in. all the trees looked the same, even looking up they all appeared to be the same high. The sun shone through the trees casting broken light down on both of the Elves. Katon sat back and watched the smoke rise from the fire while finishing his tea.

“I think we should stick together. Walking alone could be dangerous. It would definitely be boring, don’t you think?”

Flutter nods and looks at him " Yes sticking together would be a wise thing and I have been trying to stay walking east but I am pretty sure that somehow I got turned around I was waiting for sunset to see what direction is east so I can walk that way until sunrise then at sunrise keep the sun at our backs until we need to rest again.. for now however I suggest we take a bit of nap its going to be a long night I see better in the dark anyway being drow and I agree company is less boring" She smiles slightly at him and settles down near the fire humming a song of Ellistraee to herself.

“Sounds like we have a plan then, some rest is never a bad idea” Katon smiles.

He watched as Flutter moved closer to the fire and settled to rest. Listening to hum her self to sleep Katon looked around, the sun could still be seen and by watching it go down to find their sense of direction seemed the best idea.

Sliding from the rock he was sitting on he unclipped his spear from his back and sat of the floor leaning on the rock and looking to the sky. The rock nor the ground was overly comfortable. Though he soon found him self a more comfortable position and relaxed into it. Looking up at the sky and the passing clouds gave Katon some time to evaluate what he was actually doing, he had been travelling alone for some time with no real idea where he was going or what he was going to do.

Poking the fire some more and watching the smoke drift into the sky and up past the trees out into the open. Katon took one last sigh and relaxed back and allowed him self to drift off. The fire provided some warmth along with the humidity of the dense forest it was quite relaxing.

Flutterby woke up stretching, her muscles a bit tight from how she slept. She sits up stretching more, looking at the dark elf Katon as he sleeps, watching him, wondering where he came from. She stands her stomach growling ,taking her pouch of herbs and dagger she starts looking around the clearing not wanting to leave it for fear of getting lost.She lifts rocks gathering small white grubs and fat non-poisonous mushrooms and a variety of leaves and types of bark off fallen branches that appear edible. She walks back to the fire sitting down munching on some bark and non-poisonous mushrooms watching him under lowered lashes waiting for him to wake up.She smiles and hums softly the sky is growing darker she tries to see which way the sun is setting.

Waking from his sleep Katon sees Flutter moving around gathering various things. Weeds and grubs aren’t exactly what Katon would favour eating but each to his own.

Stretching him self out Katon makes some groaning noises as he moved his body around removing all the stiffness. Sleeping against a rock had not been the best idea he was now a little stiff and sore from his nap.

Getting up and taking a walk around Flutter is still sat by the fire eating what ever it is she had managed to gather.

“Sun will be going down soon. We should be ok travelling by night, all elves can see in the dark so we should be ok. I’ve not seen any animals yet, do you think there are actually any in this forest?”

Looking around in the sky the sun didn’t seem to have begun to drop yet, Katon was getting impenitent, he didn’t like waiting and preferred to be active.
“Where are you heading then? Im just following the road, I’ll find some where some I hope.” Katon questions Flutter for a while making some light conversation to pass the time while waiting for dusk.

Vanslaz leaned on his scythe shaft and looked around, obviously quite aggravated. "Now, what the FUCK is this place?" He growled angrily as he continued to walk in the direction he believed to be 'forward'. After about half a mile hike he comes across a girl crying on a log. Sighing, he decided to see what was up, "Whats your problem?"

Turning around to collect his Spear and checking he had everything he turns back to Flutter.

“Flutter? Flutter where did you go?” Katon calls out for some time but there is no reply, his voice just echoes through the forest.

Looking up at the sky the sun Is now setting and Katon takes an educated guess of which is east Katon turns and begins to walk.

Night time now, not the nicest of environments to be walking in, especially alone. Though Elves can see in the dark it’s still not as good as they can see in the day and all manner of different things have been known to come out at night, especially scary things.

Irritated with the weeping child Van quickly flicked his arm in an arc diagonally across her, a thin black line extending from his fingers and passing through her seamlessly. "Silence the irritating sound of your life." The shadow-master turned around and walked into this confusing forest... moments later the sobbing girl split cleanly in half and started to slide apart, her blood turned black. Van looked back at the black puddle sizzling on the log and grass, with a grin he headed further into the forest.

[I swear to Fek'ihr. I'll cut you.]

as he stands near the edge of the forest a ice wind blows at his back he thinks to himself "I have nothing to loose but my life, and who I am to gain, this forest is a good place to start looking it looks beautiful" he walks cautiously and soon finds van "you have the eyes of a lost soul friend."

A flash of light erupted into the forest, and from it, a being wearing a grey cloak fell to the ground. Looking around bewildered, He muttered to himself, "Damn, I knew I mispronounced that last consanant." Quickly looking around, he spotted a man carrying a sythe comming towards him. Wondering if he should ask the man for directions, he conjured a stool and sat, pulling a pipe from beneath his cloak. Lighting it with a spark from his fingertip, he sat and smoked, taking in the great mysterious forest.

A young woman with jet black ears and a black tail with a white tip peeks out from her hiding stop in the forest, looking thin and over tired. "Hello..." She whispers softly, too scared to speak much louder than that, as shes not sure if she's suppose to be here.

Taking a few puffs on his pipe, he looks around, becoming a bit bored. Wondering where the man with the scythe went, he shrugs and looks around. Seeing as there was a small clearing around him, he decided to stop and make camp there. Standing up, and adjusting his grey robes a bit, he pulled back his hood, revealing long white hair that fell to his shoulders. His brown skin stood out in contrast to the grey cloak he wore, and his eyes were completely golden. The cornea, irises and pupils looked as though they were gone. However it was clear the man could see. Two small ivory horns could be seen, barely poking through his head of white hair.

Reaching inside his robes, he pulled out a black disk shaped piece of cloth, and throws it on the ground. Bending down, he reaches in the hole and begins to pull out random camping equipment. Within minutes a decent looking camp was starting to shape up. A battered, and patched tent, a few small wooden stools, and some bed rolls lay scattered around in a haphazard way. Night was beginning to fall on the forest, transforming it into what seemed to be a completely different place. Glowing white spirit wisps floated through the trees. The song of a thousand crickets was playing, along with the occasional hoot of a bored owl. Moonlight filtered through the heavy canopy, giving the forest a beautiful ethereal look. Fireflies danced around in bunches, displaying light shows for all who wandered the forest. In the small clearing, somewhat lit by the moon, Tathariel was hunched over a pile of logs and grass, futilely striking at it with a tinderbox. ""Stupid thing", he mutters. "A bargain!!", he exclaimed in exasperation. "I paid 7 gold for this useless box!" "REAL adventures use them", the shopkeeper told him. He glared at the useless object, trying to send his frustration and hate into it to see if anything would happen. When nothing did, he sighed and tossed it aside. Flicking a finger at the pile it blazed into life. Pulling up a stool, he sat in front of it. Whistling to himself, he prepared for dinner, and hung a large pot over the fire to cook.

Suddenly he cocked his head, trying to concentrate. He looked around a bit confused, wondering if he was just hearing things. Shrugging, he went back to his preparations. If anyone was hanging around the forest, he hoped they would have the common sense to say hello. It's not like he was trying to keep himself hidden or anything. HE certainly wasn't going to eat all this food by himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom