Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

RP: Mind U ( Horror_Show & Anglemarr)

Horror_Show

Supernova
[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/Uep_DVaPjyg[/video]​

Hayden was up late listening to music and working on homework. It was past midnight and Friday had begun. She was taking online summer classes to get a head start on finishing the year. She was trying to rush to get her bachelors degree. She was considered an advanced student as she started college AP courses during her senior year of high school. She was studying zoology with a minor in communications. The only thing that held her back was her depression. She had been diagnosed with major depression since she was a young adolescent. She had been in and out of therapist and psychologist, had been on all kinds of anti-psychotics to help balance out her moods but it was impossible and over the years her family had accepted how she was. She did her best to function and stay in school and her family in return didn’t make her work. She had tried to keep a part time job off and on but it only made it harder for her to focus on school whole dealing with her emotions.

Her windows were opened and she could feel the strong cool winds coming in. She turned away from her desk to see the tree’s swaying back and forth. It brought a relaxing sensation when it stormed. She kept her headphones on listening to trance music and bit her lip. She got up to stretch and noticed her phone was blowing up. She made a confused face picking up her phone seeing five missed calls and several unread text messages. When she saw who it was from she felt paralyzed for a few brief seconds.

Why on earth was he trying to get a hold of her at this hour? He knew she must have had weird sleeping schedules but she still didn’t know why. She opened the text messages and stood while reading them.

sylar-heroes1.jpg

12:30 A.M: Hayden are you there?
12:30 A.M: I need to talk to you. Please pick up your phone. I know you’re awake. You have to be.
12:31 A.M: Damnet Hayden look at your phone.
12:35 A.M: I don’t want to wake mom & Dad right now. I’m driving home. I should be there soon. I’ve been driving since ten last night.
12:40 A.M: If you ever get this, call me.

Hayden listened to the five voice mails and all were messages from Gaius sounded anxious and a little irritated she wasn’t picking up. She was concerned and surprised but didn’t know what to think. She was unaware that her brother’s life was crumbling apart. Hayden didn’t have any knowledge that only last week after being engaged to Kate for nearly almost a year it was called off. Nor did know that Kate had been unfaithful and cheating on Gaius for the past few months.

Gaius was getting ready to graduate medical school and had finished his paid internship was offered a position in the psychiatric unit of a hospital close to the house him and Kate was in the process of purchasing. Right now no one would know what was happening. Gaius had thrown what minimum belongings he needed and did the drive back home as it was only a few hours away to get home after it came to a head with Kate the day before.

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-28%20at%2012.50.00%20PM_zpszwmxczkx.png

Hayden was hesitantly getting ready to push the call button on her i-phone when she heard thunder outside. She left her room and silently headed downstairs and could see a headlights pulling into the drive. She was breathless and wide-eyed at how soon she had found out and how he was already here. She went to turn off the alarms on the house and opened the front door and walked on the porch. She stood there looking lost as she watched Gaius get out of his car.

traditional-porch.jpg
picture it at night

Gaius was tired, he'd been driving all night and he was exhausted, physically and emotionally. The wind screen wipers were on full blast add that tried to futilily fought against the storm that lashed rain against his window in an unending torrent. For the fifth time he tossed his phone on the seat next to him, Hayden refusing to pick up. He hadn't spent much time chatting to his sister in the last few years but hopped she could have at least come through for him on this occasion.

Kate, his fiancee had cheated on him... again, the first time had been a few months ago, she'd said it was a one off, a drunken accident, but Gaius had found photos on her phone... he'd felt crushed when he stumbled upon them, dozens of folders, the love of his life bound and gagged in some, semen drenching her face as she looked at the camera in stunned bliss, more in which she was being taken by two or three men with more standing around watching. He recognised some of his closest friends in the pictures... He felt betrayed and utterly alone. He thought it was the peak of his life, a job, a home, a fiancee... but it turned out now that he had nothing...

A few minutes later he pulled into his family drive, there were a few lights on and the door was open, a flood of relief washing over him, perhaps his sister had come through after all.

He exited the car, slamming the door behind him, running up the porch steps already completely drenched. He hugged his sister right, furiously refusing to let go as tears streamed his face. "It's over...." He whispered "it's all over..." He swayed with exhaustion as he spoke, "it's all gone to shit" swearing uncharacteristically. "Sorry" he whispered, blushing a little, forgetting how his sister hated swearing and vulgarity. "Can I come in? I need.... I need anyone"

He looked so defeated, crushed and forlorn, a man missing his heart and soul.

Hayden was standing on the porch lost in a trance as she watched her older brother get out of his car slamming the door. He didn’t care that the storm was raining down consuming all of him in the moment. She watched as he walked with an unknown strange force, it felt like time was slowed down in a movie as he ran up the porch steps speaking. She gulped and tried to take one step back as she felt her brother’s arm pull her into a strong desperate embrace. His clothes were soaked and immediately started to wet her clothing. She listened to her brother’s pleas and felt his emotion and it was overwhelming.

Hayden went into her own state of mind. A place where she was a zombie on the outside but on the inside she could be free. Visions of multiple times she had seen her brother in the past went through her mind until hearing him apologize broke her back to the moment as thundered clasped making the ground shake. She breathed out staring up at him. She was trying to quickly gather what was happening, why he was even here and his words echoed. He noticed her delayed response, how her reactions were sometimes abnormal or stalled.

“Yeah, you-y—you can c-c-come in.” She stammered as he let go and she felt like she had been hit the chest.

“Come on.” She quickly said and opened the front door for them to walk into the nice two story ranched house that was a little in the country. Hayden shut the door and locked it out of habit and rushed down the hall, water dripping off her bare feet to the hall closet to grab some towels. She walked into the kitchen handing him a couple of towels.

“Do you want me to get mum and dad?” She asked.

He was relieved, smiling as she said he could enter, dripping water all over the hall as he entered the kitchen, as much as he enjoyed storms, being out in one was not fun. He sat at the solid oak table, head in his hands, tears rolling down his chest. "Thanks Hayden" he whispered as he took the towel, dabbing at his hair and face slowly, half heartedly. "No, don't bother them" he sighed, placing a hand on hers, more to reassure himself that her.

"I can speak to them in the morning, let them sleep. I'll... Tell everyone tomorrow." He looked forlorn, like a little lost lamb on the verge of emotional collapse. It was strange, after his cold, clinical study of the mind, here he was, an emotional wreck. "Hayden, it all went wrong..." Tears were freely streaming down his face. "She cheated on me..." He felt his heart break anew as he repeated it, a fresh, gaping wound.

"I just need my family..." he sighed, refusing to meet her eye, "Is there anything to drink? I need a drink."

Hayden stayed standing on the other side of the table watching her brother dry off. She watched how his dark black hair was messy and tousled. She listened to him speak of his relationship and she had obviously figured out something had happened with Kate. She vaguely remembered moments ago he had mentioned she had cheated on him, but how? Why would anyone cheat on him? His hand placed on hers made her arm go rigid and stiff as if his touch put on a firewall. She breathed out and gave a sympathetic fake smile because she wasn’t good at reacting the right way sometimes. She slowly pulled back and noticed his stare at her and she didn’t want him concerned and turned quickly and walked to the fridge opening it.

“We have pop, juice, water…..,” she shut the fridge and walked over to the walk in pantry and walked in, returning a few seconds later with jack daniels, “or we have fathers finest.” She said with a sarcastic tone and sat it on the table along with a can of coke and a bottle of water. She sat awkwardly across from Gaius quiet.

She didn’t know how to give sympathy because she was still trying to comprehend that it was happening. Her brother had known Kate for over five years. He had met her right before going into medical school after getting his bachelors. She was just finishing nursing. She could remember so vividly only months ago, last year where Gaius and Kate had announced at thanksgiving that they were engaged. That was a wonderful night for both sides of Hayden’s and Kate’s family, but for Kate. It wasn’t a happy night. She was happy for Gaius but she had resentful feelings toward their happiness together but like everything else, it was buried, ignored.

He sat hunched in his chair as she busied herself around the kitchen. His eyes were bleary, his sight a little fuzzy, he felt light headed and utterly crushed. He managed a small smile as she handed him him the Jack Daniels, taking a long gulp before setting the glass down roughly. He winced as the burning liquid flowed down his throat, still unused to the bourbon, more used to drinking ciders and wine. "Thanks" he gasped, though it was half hearted.

He knew his sister was in some form of trouble, but in his current condition he felt numb, insular, almost uncaring, in his mind, only he mattered. Gaius idly twisted the glass, spinning it slowly on the table as he looked dejectedly down. "I'm sorry to impose Hayden." only just realising he'd barged into the house in the middle of the night without much care for her. "How's school going?" He smiled meekly as he caught her eye, the smile wobbled and wavered after only a few moments.

"I'm sorry" he sighed again. "It's been a long night..." His voice was a broken whisper as he downed the rest of the glass, cracking the water open and taking a long gulp to ease the burn. "I appreciate it."

“School’s going….” Hayden said casually. Her responses were very monotone, void of emotion. Though she had reacted like that for a long while. She had only been emotional and better balanced when she was little. Over the years she had learned to cope and how to fake it enough to function and get her parents off her back so she didn’t have to constantly be in and out of therapy.

“It’s alright, let me run up stairs and I’ll make sure the guest room is ready.” Hayden said tilting her head watching her brother; she didn’t know how to comprehend his break down. This man had just lost the love of his life, his future plans destroyed. He had worked so hard all of his life to prove himself and make a good impression to his family, accelerated through school to get a damn good career, one worth honor through helping people and Kate had been his life for the past five years.

As he downed the rest of the glass Hayden disappeared out of the kitchen and headed down the hall and up the stairs. Once Gaius had left to go to college at eighteen, his room had been converted to a more convenient laundry room on the second floor. Down the hallway across from Hayden’s room was a smaller room which had been converted into a guest bedroom. It was simple and cleans enough; it was homey and had her mother’s decorating touch.

Hayden pulled the covers back and fluffed his pillows and got towels and linens to put at the edge of his bed. She turned on the night light and listened to the quite rain pitter pattering on top of the roof. She headed back downstairs to let him know the room was ready.

Gaius was upset over his little sister's lack of real emotion, in his memory she was bright and bubbly, well balanced and cheerful, now she seemed... so much less. "Thanks" he sighed as she left to fix his room, taking the excuse to wash his face on the basin, enough to wash the puffy red look from his eyes. He cracked the can of coke and almost downed it in one go, sighing in relief as he finished.

He closed his eyes and leant against the sink and listened to the rain, the patter of rain soothing his frayed nerves. He started to doze as he listened, jumping slightly as Hayden returned. "I want to thank you again" he said he as he hugged her, wishing she'd give some response. He kissed her forehead before yawning and mumbling "if you ever want to talk sis... I'm here for you." Despite his tiredness he sounded firm.
Clasping her hand tightly before turning he trotted up the stairs, swaying slightly from tiredness. "I'll see you in the morning... Thanks... again" he entered the guest room and didn't notice the decor as he flopped onto the bed, struggling to push his shoes off, not bothering to use the duvet before drifting off into a fitful slumber full of nightmares that sent him sobbing or begging in quiet tones through out the night.

Hayden didn’t really move or show much emotion as Gaius hugged her and gently kissed her forehead while mumbling. As he left his warmth from his lips lingered on her skin. She watched him trail upstairs to the guest bedroom. She stood there awkwardly and headed back into the kitchen to tidy up. Their parents were real sticklers about the house being in perfect condition. She eventually headed back up to her room and the storm and slowed to a calming drizzle. It was a little past two in the morning.

Hayden saw that the guest door was open and she peeked in to see Gaius already passed out asleep. She was hesitant but slid in-between the opening in the door and was small enough that it didn’t creek. Quietly walking bare foot she watched him. Something about the way her eye’s traveled over his sleeping forum was obsessive but almost gentle. She grabbed another folded blanket and covered him up. She also removed his glasses placing them on the night stand and put his shoes neatly beside the closet. Her body which was normally so numb was alive with emotion but she didn’t know how to show it.

Hayden carefully walked to the other side and crawled on the other side of the bed. Oddly enough she wasn’t as nervous as she should be. She was a grown teenager crawling into bed with her older brother. She had pulled back the actual duvet so as he body was over the covers, hers was under it. She could still feel his warmth and snuggled in a ball, her face to his back and quickly fell asleep.

Gaius slept fitfully, not even noticing his sister crawling under the sheets beside him. He felt a soft hand against his back, a slight warmth, but deep in the nightmares of his mind he was unconscious and uncaring. He dreamt of his fiance, ex-fiance, all her wicked acts, how she mis treated him, abused him behind his back. He was a broken man... he squirmed terribly in his fitful slumber, writhing in a light trance rather than a substantial sleep. Loud murmurs echoed through the room as his subconcious tried to come to terms with the events of the past few days.

He awoke with eyes that still felt like lead, his head pounded and he still felt drained. Sunlight streamed through the thin curtains and he cursed softly under his breath, eyes squinting until they adjusted fully. He felt bitter, like the world owed him and he was out to get what he rightfully deserved, but not just yet... He rolled over, a clumsy motion that almost crushed Hayden, and finding she was there jumped sightly, swearing again as he spotted his sister sleeping cosily beside him. "At least someone slept well" he mumbled bitterly, tenderly brushing a few strands of hair from her face, she looked so peaceful.

He lay there for what felt like hours, merely watching her as she slept, the girl who despite everything had helped him when he needed it, when everyone else had abandoned him...

Hayden had slept better than usual. She had falling straight into a deep sleep and it could have been from the fact that Gaius was there. Most nights she slept but not like a log. She had troubles with insomnia and being lethargic frequently. She was prescribed anti-psychotics and depressants that made her very tired. As Gaius would have had nightmares throughout the stormy night she would have only snuggles closer to him being there without him knowing it.

The morning came with a bright clear day after the storm. Gaius would have almost rolled over on Hayden but it didn’t disturb her. It only made her groan and turn just a little so her face was exposed more. Her long wavy hair was messily in her face. She wouldn’t know Gaius would just lay there watching her, every so often taming back her hair.

That was until everyone in the house hold was up. Their mother, a lady that was in her late sixties often checked on Hayden in the morning. When she didn’t see Hayden in her own bedroom she was alarmed and started calling her name until she looked across the hall and noticed the guest bedroom. She walked in and was shocked to see Gaius. Of course she was surprised. He was supposed to be a few hours away with his fiancé, working and finishing school.

“Honey what on earth are you doing here? Are you alright? How long have you been here?” She walked in and then saw Hayden in bed and she looked a little dumb founded.

"Hayden....?" She asked looking at her son questionably.

Hayden stirred and was very groggy and sat up rubbing her eye's. She could hear both her brother and mother talking.

"Hey" He mumbled softly, not wishing to wake his sister. His stomach sank as he remembered why he was there, how he'd have to tell his parents how his life had collapsed in upon itself... "I have some bad news..." he felt his mother's questioning eyes on him and he sighed. "It's over... she left me." His heart felt like a block of ice had just passed through it and he felt a single tear stinging in his eye.

"I arrived late last night, Hayden let me in, I was exhausted and collapsed almost immediately." He didn't know why she was in his bed, so he didn't dare make excuses, Gaius was hardly a brilliant liar. As if perfectly timed his stomach rumbled "Have we got any food?" he asked cautiously as he sat up, legs swinging to the side of the bed as he rose, taking a small step towards his mother.

"I'll explain everything fully later... But... is it alright to stay here? for a little while?"

“Oh my god…. honey, oh no.” Their mother brought her son’s body into her arms as she gave him a hug. You could see the panic and confusion growing in her face. “Of course you can stay…what on earth has happened…. perhaps you just need some time.” She kept hugging Gaius. Her eye’s hovered over Hayden, her extremely odd child. Hayden had pushed the covers back and was getting out of bed and awkwardly walked quietly past the both of them. Her mother let go of Gaius looking concerned out the hallway and called out to her daughter.

“Hayden…go take a shower and take your medicine. I will be down to have breakfast ready honey.” She said still acting as if Hayden was a teenager. She possibly pampered Hayden a little too much but in a way she really never gave her space but it didn’t bother Hayden. She was always in her own state of mind.

“Yeah mum.” She called out shutting her door trying to wake up. It wasn’t even discussed why a grown young adult was sleeping in her brothers bed. She didn’t act phased and headed to her closet to get some fresh clean clothes and headed to her personal bathroom.

He gripped his mother tightly, enjoying the human contact and comfort he craved, the comfort his fiance had denied him, the comfort Hayden had been unable to provide. "Thanks" he whispered, almost choking up on tears. He was slightly confused by her treatment of Hayden, obviously, he could tell something was not quite right, but she was hardly a teenager.

He watched as she left the room, hearing the door to her room close behind her, snapping his attention back to their mother. "Is there any chance of food?" he asked eagerly, his stomach growling in unison with his words. "It's been a long night..." He admitted guility, as if it was something to be embarrassed about.

He followed his mother down the stairs, taking them two at a time, sticking the kettle on to make coffee, though trying not to be a nuisance in her home. He was painfully aware he was a guest, if still her son, and had no intention of outstaying his welcome.

Back
Top Bottom