Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Great News for the USA!

It's great and all, but I think there are way more important issues American should be focusing on. Such as fixing the economy, keeping jobs at home instead of abroad, staying out of wars, illegals who scam the system ect.

But that aside same sex marriage will benefit the economy to some degree, and I'm happy for em.

Marriage should have never been up to the government to decide in the first place. Whoever. Straight, gay, etc.

The best is how the bigots are all like "we're moving to Canada!" Umm, we've had same-sex marriage legalized since 2005.

Personally I’m against it, but I don’t think it should have ever needed to be legalized in the first place. I am against it, but those are my views. Meaning if a friend of mine wants to marry someone of the same sex, I’ll be happy for them and attend the wedding. I’m not going to shove my thoughts and beliefs down another person’s throat. They’re entitled to feel the way they do, and so am I. Now have I looked at another woman and been aroused? You bet I have. Have I ever been with a woman? No. Well. At least not in the real world. In cyberspace? Yes I have, and she was delicious. Would I do it again? Yes I would. So I say I’m against it, but clearly I’m torn as well. Cyberspace is one thing though. Real life, clearly, is another.

I'd say I'm surprised it took this long to happen...

But this is America so I am unfortunately not.

But Gods damn it's about time! Better late than never!

@AndNich: Right, that's all well and good, but usually when people say they're for or against something like this, they're applying it to the legal realm, aka, the ability to legislate choices for everyone. Saying you're against gay marriage(the implication in for or against being, "making it legal for gay people to get married if they want to") but you support people's right to choose, it's just not for you, personally, doesn't make a lot of sense. Sorry, just want to point that out. Maybe try "I would never get married to someone of the same sex but I support those who want to do it" or back up reasons why you'd actually be against people having the right to choose who they want to marry. Not trying to come off as antagonistic, what you said just didn't make a lot of sense.

Anyway, yay, equality. Still got a ways to go for the LGBT community but boy does it feel good to take a step in the right direction! :D

Saying I’m against relates to the religious aspect. I was raised free will southern Baptist. Being gay was wrong and it was something that was taught to us, and it was something that I actually wanted to find in the Bible as being wrong because of this. If I was being taught that is was wrong, then as I got older, I wanted to find out where it was stated that it was wrong. I found it, and for a while have used that as a platform for that belief. Now times are changing for me, as well as certain beliefs. I’m not ready to start a relationship with a woman, but I do see how it could be appealing. Yes I realize that is a contradicting viewpoint. I am against something, I’ve been taught how wrong it is, and yet I can see why some people do it, and I’ve even thought about it myself? Then by my own teaching, I should know what will happen to me in the afterlife. I do. Maybe that knowledge, those teachings, are what keeps me from fully committing to a gay relationship. Then again, maybe the lack of a woman has something to do with that. Either way, it’s my own personal struggle with my beliefs. I think we all have our own struggles and things we have to work out for ourselves. This is mine ;however, should someone I know already have this issue worked out and are ready to commit, I won’t judge them. How can I when I’m not even 100% sure myself? As for the legal realm, I don’t think it should have ever been something that needed to be legalized. I think I stated that above too. I think the government should have stayed out of it. The right to decide who you want to spend your life with should be in your own hands. People fall in love for all kinds of reasons, and while we may not agree that morally it’s right, it’s not our choice to make. It certainly shouldn’t be the governments’. I hope that helps clear it up a little bit.

love-is-love.jpg

That's great news, now if only Australia would catch up. We're likely to (again!) have Legilsation introduced soon here, at a Federal level, but as with on previous occasions it's unlikely to pass. With our political system you're obligated to voted along party lines rather than with your conscience, and the Prime Minister is dead against it.

I live in an Australian 'Territory', which legalised Same Sex marriage (whilst another legalised Euthanasia) a few years back, but unfortunately a Territory doesn't have the same Legal Status as a State, and the legislation for both was subsequently revoked by the Commonwealth.

However, where I am did then introduce Laws to allow same sex couples to access a Civil Union, which to all intents and purposes provides the same rights as marriage, but is treated as a De-Facto relationship under the Federal Marriage Act.

I was very happy to see this news the other day; it was something that made me proud to be in the States for once!

Also, seeing the White House with nifty rainbow lights was a treat. :D

Back
Top Bottom