Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

New Beginnings (P) -Ladydark/AndNich123-

He smiles softly "No... I don't think you do... You know I'm a demon... Half dog half cat..." He waits for him to look back at him "For starters... You didn't do anything wrong... I'm the doctor, if anyone did something wrong it was me..." He leans back in his chair and tries to relax "The dog in me is much stronger then the cat... So I have a k9 seance of smell and instincts... Dogs live mostly by scent..." He blushes slightly and looks down a bit "So... In the batheing room today... You were excited... And... You smelt... Good... Then helping you bathe... Touching you..." He takes a deep breath to calm down again "I ran... Because I'm a doctor and you're my patient... I'm sorry if I hurt... Or embarrassed you... You... Don't even know yourself... Or what you want yet..." He sighs and looks at him again "So I'm sorry... And want you to know you didn't do anything wrong..."

Mason looks at him as he begins to talk about being half demon. Jareth has his attention, but when he mentions the fact that he was excited in the batheing room, Mason turns to look away again. His cheeks burn bright red. He’s well aware of it. At this point, it seemed silly to be embarassed about anything. ‘Like I said. I understand. I don’t know who I am. So I get it. I’m confused, and you’re being a good doctor. You can’t help what your nose picked up on. It’s okay. I’m not hurt.’

"Just by you saying that... I can tell you were hurt... I'd be hurt too... Having someone kiss me then run away..." He looks at him "If... You'd like... Another doctor, I'd completely understand... I just want you to get well again... Even if it's not me helping you..." He smiles sadly and stands "I'll... Let you think it over.." He turns to leave.

Mason looks away from the window at him as he starts to leave. ‘Don’t you dare! I told you I wasn’t hurt. If you’re not going to believe what I say, then why ask? I only know two people, and one of them is telling me if I want someone else, that’s okay. Sure. I want to let one of the few people I know walk away. You’re not doing that to me. I can’t be hurt when I don’t even know who I am or what I want. You want to know what’s really on my mind?’ He cleared his throat. “I..was..hard..because you..kissed..me. W-Why?”

He stops and listens to him, then turns as he speaks "I... Can't answer that... I... Don't know what your orientation was before your accident..." He sits back down and looks at him "I won't leave, if you don't want me to..." He smiles softly "Lets talk about this... It wasn't really Amy that got you excited at all was it... Tell me... What you're feeling... And be honest... And I'll be honest too..."

He laughs. ‘No. It wasn’t Amy. Of course it wasn’t Amy. That’s what has me freaked out. Do you really think my orientation is a question at this point? Amy, a woman, didn’t excite me as much as a man pressing his lips to mine did. Even now, looking at you, I…..” He shook his head. ‘Be honest? Okay. You kissed me, and….I felt something. I don’t know what. I don’t know why, but I’m certain I felt something. It ran through my body like lightening. Even with my memory loss, I’m certain there is no way I have ever been that hard before.’ He blushes deeply. ‘Then Amy had to stay with me. I had a boner, and Amy had to stay with me. I had to take care of it with her in the room. Do you know what that’s like?’

Jareth blushes darker and chuckles softly "Well... Actually... Amy... Walked in on me... And my ex once... We were... Uh... In my desk..." He rubs the back of his neck "We didn't notice her for a few minutes..." He smiles slightly "So I do understand..." He looks at him "As for how I made you feel... I don't knew... I know your scent hit me harder then anyone's... Effected me faster..." He shakes his head "I don't know what it means yet... But as it stands... I am your doctor..." He frowns slightly "So... We really can't explore it... For now..."

He keeps his eyes on him as he spills his guts about being caught by Amy. When he brings up the fact that he’s his doctor and they can’t explore this, he looks down. ‘I see. So then, doctor, where do we go from here? With my recovery? What’s next? I keep working on gaining my strength? More exericses? More tests?’ Mason was keeping this as professional as possible.

He slowly reaches over and gently makes him look at him, the scent of his sadness was pulling at him "Mason... I... My hands are tied..." He lightly cups his cheek, "Please... Don't shut me out... You trust me... Don't you?" He glances back to the door before turning to him and leaning closer "I don't know what this is... And I can't do anything right now... But trust me... I want to find out..." He tips his head up slightly and kisses him again, softly, before lightly pulling away.

“No….Doc,” he says, pulling away from the kiss. ‘I get it. You’re hands are tied, but please don’t make it any harder by doing that.’ He reaches up, his fingertips touching his own lips. “You’re..my..doctor. I’m..your..patient. Nothing..more. We can’t.” It was hard for him to tell him that, and maybe he was hiding behind the code of ethics Jareth has to follow, but he was going to follow the rules. Jareth had told him they couldn’t do anything now, and he was going to make sure they didn’t. Every fiber in his body was wanting more the moment Jareth’s lips touched his, but Mason held back. “I..trust..you.” He didn’t address the comment about shutting him out. Of course he was shutting it out, and he was doing so hiding behind the mask of the rules when it fact it was because he was hurt, confused, and afraid.

Jareth bites his own lip slightly as he was pushed away and just looks at Mason a moment, then sits back in his chair. He nods slightly at his words "Right... Doctor... And patient..." That statement had never hurt so much and he didn't know why, but he sat up straight and smiles, hiding his pain. "Then let's get you well..." He stands and checks his chart "Well... Looks like it's time for you to eat dinner... I'll have some soup sent in... And some tea for your throat... I'll see you later Mason..." He heads for the door and opens it, then moves to the nurses station. "Amy... Mason needs some soup and tea for his throat... Not too much though..." After she nods, he goes to make his rounds.

Several minutes later Amy enters his room with a tray and sets it on his table, she pulls the chair closer and reaches for his hand. "Wanna talk..." She lightly places her hand over his "I have your dinner but that can wait... You look upset..."

Mason doesn’t interrupt Jareth. It pained him to be so cold. As Jareth left, he simply watched. He had mentioned food, and eating was the last thing on his mind.

When Amy came in, he looks over at her breifly. He didn’t pull away as she touched him. “No,” he tells her. “I don’t..wanna talk..about it.” He flashes his eyes over to her. Mason didn’t want to hurt her feelings. Amy had done nothing wrong. “Tea..please. I’m..fine..Amy.” He moves his hand to hold hers’ and squeezes slightly offering her a smile.

Amy looks at him and isn't convinced, but let's it slid for now "Ok... But I'm always here to listen if you need me..." She squeezes his hand back, then helps him sit up and hands him his tea "Tell me if you'd like some sugar... I added a little cream to cool it down..." She pulls his bed table closer "And I can already see you're going to say you're not hungry... But I want you to eat... Please... If not for you, then for me..." She smiles "I want to see you walking these halls, not being pushed around them..." She sits with him and just keeps him company.

Jareth thought about going to his office but decided to see his other patients instead, he makes his rounds then heads to the cafeteria. He orders his food and goes to sit down, he takes a few bites, then just pushes the food around his plate. 'I shouldn't feel like this... I'm his doctor!' He closes his eyes and takes a few deep breaths 'And what's worse... He's hurt... And I can't help...' He glances at his watch, Nicholas got off in an hour, he had time to go say goodnight to Mason. He packs up his food and heads back upstairs.

He sips the tea, feeling it soothe his throat right away. Still not wanting to hurt her feelings he tells her, “Alright. I’ll try..to eat..a little bit.” He takes small bites. The food was far from delicious. It had no flavor to him. He could tell he was pushing himself to do this. He glanced over at her from time to time and smiled. “If I eat..all of this..you have..to do..something..for me. I..I want you..to take me..somewhere. I have..this..address..in my..head. Take me there. Please.”

She smiles at him as he starts to eat, then frowns slightly "You know I can't do that... But.." She didn't want him to lose hope "If you tell it to me... I can go for you... Check it out... Then when you're well enough... We can go..." She looks at him "Would... You like me to have Dr. Knights look into it?"

Jareth was walking down the hall slowly to Mason's room, he stops a few feet away when he hears them talking.

“No. I mean….I don’t….want to….bother him….with this. He’s got..so much..to do..already. I think..I know..what..this place..is. I think..it’s home. I keep..seeing it..and the brown..door. 2282. Those numbers..are on..the mailbox..on the..door. It’s..home. I know it. I can’t..explain it. It’s..home. I want..to know..if I’m..right.” Mason gulps his tea now. His eyes are on Amy. As he lowers the tea, a faint smile melts across his lips. “He’s.. a nice..man. He..I..can’t help it. I mean..I.....” He blushes looking away. “I..like..him.”

Amy takes some note to look into it for him, then looks at him "You mean Jareth... Don't you..." She smiles softly and touches his arm "All the more reason... For you to get well then... Right?" She smiles again "I won't ask what happened... That's between the two of you... But trust me when I say he's a good man..." She giggles "A loyal puppy when you get to know him... But don't tell him I said that..." She laughs softly "You just show him you're ready to get better... How strong you are..." She gives his arm a light squeeze "Things will work out... I'm sure of it..." She stands "Well... I have rounds... You finish up... And Sweety... Don't shut him out... You'll just be hurting yourself..." She leans over and kisses his cheek and winks at him "Just be yourself..." She turns and heads out the door, "That goes for you too..." She says softly as she walks past the doctor and continues down the hall.

Jareth listens carefully and smiles softly, a light blush on his cheeks 'He like me...' His chest felt a little lighter and he was able to relax a bit more. "Thanks Amy..." He says back just as softly, she always knew just what to say, he glances towards Mason's room and takes a deep breath. He waits a few minutes before walking in slowly "Hey... I'm off for the night... Thought I'd come say goodnight... Did the tea help your throat?" He smiles and moves to take a seat, "I'll be back in the morning but Amy will be here all night... Her kind don't sleep much so she's almost always here... You won't be alone..." He smiles softly.

Amy was saying all the right things. The problem with that was it only made him like Jareth more. It’s a terrible situation to be in to like someone and not be able to act on it, or, in this case, try to figure out what was going on. “Thanks..for looking..into that. I’d give you..my key..but I don’t have one.” He smiled at her, almost laughing. He really did take into account what she was saying. As she left the room, her words were still playing in his ears. ‘Show him you’re ready to get better..How strong you are. Just be yourself. Easier said than done. How can I be myself when I don’t know who I am?’ He closed his eyes, still seeing the brown door in his mind. ‘It has to be home. It has to be something important. It just has to. Why else would I keep seeing it?’

When Jareth enters the room, he opens his eyes at the sound of his voice. “Yeah. It..helped. A lot. Thank..you.” Speaking was coming easier. Finding the right words was his problem now. He nods as Jareth tells him he’s heading out for the night. Being honest with himself, he felt sad knowing Jareth was leaving. There was comfort in knowing he was right there in the hospital. “Her kind,” he questions. “What..is she? Is she..human?” He never thought Amy was anything but human. She certainly seems human. “I’m not afraid..of being alone.” It was the truth. There was a much deeper fear, and it drove him to say what he did next. “I’m afraid..that when I go..to sleep..I won’t..wake up..again. The last time..I went..to sleep..was..six months..ago. I don’t want..to lose..more time,..but if..I go to sleep..and don’t..wake up,..I want you..to know..that……” He stopped, looking at him, wanting to say it, but the courage just wasn’t there. So instead he tells him, “You’re..a good..doctor. Thank you.”

Jareth smiles "No... She an elemental demon... Water I think..." He looks at him "She's been here longer then me... She like to help people..." He frowns slightly at his words "I'd love to be able to calm your fears... And say that you'll wake up in the morning... But no one can say that for sure..." He wanted to take his hand, touch him in some way, it was almost a need "But... I won't stop helping you... Even if you don't wake up again... I'll be here..." He couldn't hold back anymore, he was sure he was about to tell him how he felt, then when he didn't, it hurt a little again "It's my job... I'm glad I'm so good at it..." He reaches out and takes his hand, he squeezes it softly "Well... Have a good night... And do try to get some sleep... I know you're scared... I'll ask Amy to sit with you..." He stands and slowly lets go of his hand, his claws running over his palm. "I'll see you tomorrow..." He turns and heads for the door.

The moment Jareth took his hand, there was a jolt that he felt all through his body. The warmth, the softness, it was almost overwhelming. Then, as he feels his hand slip from his grip, he has to fight the urge to hold on to him. “Okay. Good night..Jareth..doctor,” he quickly corrects himself. “Good night..doctor. I’ll see..you..tomorrow.” He watched until he disappeared out the door. “I’m afraid..of what I feel..for you.”

Haters slowly walks from the room, something inside was clawing at him not to leave, he bit his lip the silence the whine that wanted out. 'Dammit...' He stood to the left of his door and had heard his words 'I wish I knew what this was...' He takes a few minutes to calm himself and heads to the nurses station, "Amy... Would you sit with Ma... Mr. Weathers... He's... Afraid to go to sleep, or more so that he won't wake up again... I have to go for the night... Take care of him?" He look at her, if Mason wanted this to be doctor patient, that's what it'll be, no matter how much it hurt. Amy looks up from her paperwork and frowns slightly "Of course Doctor... I understand he mus be uneasy... Are you ok Doctor?" He tries to smile, but gives up, "Yeah Amy... I'm just tired... I'll see you tomorrow..." He walks from the desk and heads to the parking garage.

‘Show him how strong I am. Okay.’ Mason grabs the covers and throws them from his bed. Carefully he slides his legs so that his feet touch the floor. ‘I have to get stronger. I have to get well. If I’m going to see this place with the brown door, then I have to get out of here.’ He pushes up from the bed, his legs shaking. Mason looked around the room. There was nothing but the wheelchair. “No. I’m not sitting down in that.’ He reaches for the handles and moves it so that he can push it. A smile on his face as his steps were slow, and his legs were starting to hurt. ‘I can do this. Just make it to the window and rest. Then head back to the bed and rest again. Maybe come back over to the window one more time and go back to the bed. I can work my legs out on my own.’ He stops at the window, panting and looking out. There were so many cars still here. The parking lot was lit up, and there were only a few people out there. The stars were beautiful, and he longed to feel the night air. Looking at the window, he figured out it couldn’t be opened. ‘Of course not. Just my luck. Well I can get strong enough to sneak outside at night,” he grinned. He kept grinning as he thought back to earlier in the day when Jareth was with him as he was working in the exercise room. He remembered how it felt to fall against him and sighed. ‘Get him out of your head Mason. He can’t do anything right now about this, and you don’t even know what this is. He is your doctor, and you are his patient. End of story.” As he looked out now, the smile had faded and a sad expression was on his face.

A short time later Amy walks into the room "Oh! How did..." She smiles and walks over to him "What's with that sad face... You should be happy about what you've done... It's one step closer to your goal..." She turns his head to face her gently "You... Still want that... Don't you... Him..." She rubs his cheek softly and looks at him "At the very least the freedom to find out... What's in here..." She places her hand over his heart "And not worrying about what's up here..." She places her hand over his head, then cups his cheek again "Your memories will come back... I can feel it..." She spoke softly to him, and touched him softly "Thinknof this as a fresh start..." She could feel his spirit as she touched him, it was troubled and feeling lost, being pulled in two directions "Let's get you back to bed..."

Jareth enters the garage and heads to his car, he unlocks it and gets in, closing the door, he sits there "What am I doing... What is this feeling..." He rests back in the seat, not ready to be driving yet, something was pulling him back to the hospital, back to Mason. "I'll be late.." He starts the car and heads out, driving to Nicholas' apartment across town.

“I am..happy..about this.” It wasn’t a lie. “No bed. I have..to keep..working. I can..sleep later.” Her comments about Jareth touched him deeply, bringing the pain he felt to the surface. “I..he..is my..doctor. I am..his patient. That’s it. Nothing more.” He held up his hand to her in a gesture to show how final his thinking was on this. Mason wasn’t going to allow himself to think about it anymore, or so he thought. “My memories..might be..useless. Maybe I wanted..to forget..my life. Maybe I’m..alone. Maybe..there’s a reason..why..too. If this is..a fresh start..I’m not doing..so good. I can’t even..walk..on my own. I can’t talk..long..without..my throat hurting, and I..want..my doctor.” His cheeks burned as he admitted the truth. “I’m..sorry. I should..get back..to work,” he tells her gripping the wheelchair. “The only thing..I know I want..is to get..better. That’s it.” He slowly begins to walk back towards the bed.

Nicholas paces. Every time he thinks he hears Jareth’s car, he checks out the blinds to see if it’s him. “Maybe he changed his mind.”

"Something is trying to slow me down..." He had been caught by every red light and now there was a fender bender up a head, he sighs and turns down the next road and cuts through all the side streets "Not tonight..." He finally pulled up in front of his building and parked his car, he gets out and heads inside, he takes the stairs and is soon knocking on his door.

"Hey hey... Wait a moment..." She moves to stand before him "Don't you dare give up that dream!" She kneels on the chair and looks at him "You want something... You fight for it... Now tell me... What do you want..." She smiles.

Back
Top Bottom