Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Heroine worse than Heroin (BlissyxLost)

Lost

Planetoid
Radiant green eyes scanned the front page of the newspaper in front of them. Front and center was a full colored photo of the cities newest Heroine "Geotaxis" in all of her glory. Not paying much attention to the actual article on her Jared's lips pulled into a thin smile. Folding the paper neatly he looked around the hustle and bustle of the crowded street. Pushing off of the corner of the small news stand he had bought the paper from he ran his long fingers through his chin length raven hair pushing it out of his face. "At least she is smart enough to come up with a good name, if it was her that came up with it that is."

Walking around the stand he stopped in front of the man running it again. "Excuse me sir do you know where I could find this woman?" He asked holding up the picture of Geotaxis for him to see. "You must be some kinda idiot son, how the hell would I know where a fuckin' super hero is? Now if you ain't gonna buy nothing else get outta here." Smiling politely Jared nodded and put the paper down. "You see, I just asked a simple question, nothing to get rude over. I am interested in the so called heroine of yours. I want to know if she can stand up to the title and praise she has been given, but if you don't know how to find her I guess I will just have to find a way to bring her to me..." He paused as he green eyes seemed to gleam with malicious intent and bore into the eyes of the poor man across from him. "Starting with you I hate rude people, now scream." The last word was hard, and full of dark promise of pain.

Reaching into his jacket he pulled out a Tec-9 and let off three shots into the mans chest while still staring his dead in the eyes. The bark of the gun seemed to be louder than anything else on the street. Turning as the man feel dead Jared pulled out a second and proceeded to let loose into the crowds and traffic. Seventy bullets between both guns flew in all directions. Glass shattered, people screamed and ran. Cars smashed into one another and even over pedestrians in their frantic flight for life. Dropping the spent guns Jared reached into the waist of his pants and pulled out two semi automatic Beretta's and again let loose into the chaos around him.

Just a few hours before his massive shoot out Jared 'stumbled' across a street gang and decided that he wanted what they had. Unfortunately for them bullets don't work on him as well as they do normal people. Leaving behind a pile of broken bodies in a pool of blood he took their weapons from them and got rid of the competition.

"Those kids could have really fucked shit up with these toys." He said looking at the pistols in hand and dropping them. Drawing the last two he started walking casually down the street whistling an upbeat melody as he stepped over bodies and around debris. Taking his time now he was more careful with his shots making sure that any straggles running from him were put out of their misery. Stopping at a bank on the corner of the street he looked inside the front door. It was the only glass on this floor. Perfect for what he needed. Walking in he let off two shoots, not into the sky but into the security guard that was fumbling with his weapon.

Walking to the counter and stepping over the security guard on his way he smiled at the woman behind the counter. Turning around he propped himself up by his elbows onto the counter. "Everyone get out of here please." He said looking around at the terrified customers who were all standing stock still in fright. "I SAID GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!" He yelled letting off a couple more shots, this time into the ground. Turning back around to face the woman behind the counter, ignoring the panicked rush of the customers, he gave her a warm smile and hopped onto the counter. Sliding over it to her side he stood in front of her. He could see the fear in her eyes, a look that sent a spark of electricity along his spine like a live wire.

Sitting the guns on the counter behind him without looking away he reached out and caressed her cheek tenderly with his knuckles. Looking down to her chest he found her name on the badge she wore. "It's going to be ok Jenna. I promise." He said to the shaking woman who now had tears flowing freely from her eyes. With a flourished spin he moved from in front of her to behind her. His chest was pressed against her back and he rested his chin on her shoulder. Taking her hand in his he spoke softly to her. "Show me where the alarm is. I really want to push that button of yours." His voice was low and husky, his breath caressed her ear and neck.

After a moment of waiting he spoke again. "You can help me Jenna, or I can ask someone else for help, but I don't think you would like that." A sob broke her silence and she shakily lead his hand to the silent alarm trigger under the desk. Feeling the button he smiled. "That's my girl." Pressing the button as he pressed his lips to her cheek in a soft kiss. "You should be safe now. I have heard sirens for at least a minute now, and soon they will know exactly where to find us. You are going to be bait to lure out your precious Heroine Geotaxis for me alright sweetie, after she shows up I will release you." More sobs and unintelligible begging escaped the girls lips. "Shh-shh-shh-shh-shh, there is no reason to cry or beg, it will all be over soon." He said wrapping one arm around her hugging her while his free hand caressed her hair. "It's only a matter of time. Hush now." He continued to console the terrified girl as the sounds of sirens drew closer.

Most people worried about practical things like how much they were earning versus how much they could spend. People like Celes Starr on the other hand, well they were quite a bit different then most other people. For her it was more about the complication of where she wanted the city to build her first private sweet, whether it was uptown or down town. Most people weren't so lucky as to be given such things by the city but Celes wasn't much like other people at all. She was still human of course but also beyond that of the average gal of the particular day and age. It had all started sometime ago when she was not much older then a young girl and since then she had become something else entirely. In the beginning it was never about being something more then who she was, but simply getting back at few anonymous people that had made her what she was today. From there it somehow escalated into something else entirely. Apparently she was a hero for going after the people that she did, which were a common a disturbance to the greater good overall. She never did it for them but herself and apparently someone had just been in the right place at the right time and seen her for the greatest that she bore within her gift.

Weeks later she was in the paper but not because she wanted to be. Apparently a few stragglers managed to slip on by her clever plan of vendetta and she absolutely hated leaving loose ends in any situation. Once again someone caught a glimpse of her and she became something else entirely from that day forth. She was blowing up all over the place because people just couldn't keep their mouths shut about what they saw and shamelessly she started to favour the idea of the whole thing. The idea of being given more then she had deserved quickly became a fascination with hers, they seemed to love her so much for what she was and now she needed to figure out how to make them love her more. That's when those colours of silver and black found their place amongst her life, as the unisuit she wore seemed to make the whole thing so much eccentric and memorable then it originally intended to be. Oh she was such a tease, always clamouring for more and more attention. She never intended for the outfit to be so clean cut and tight fitting, but eventually the idea of being a sexy tough symbol of justice just seemed to fascinate her and she stuck to it, even if it was really all but a game to her from the very beginning.

No matter where you went people knew her name in some fashion. She had become the hero of the century and barely anyone knew her name but already they were throwing gifts at her feet. Instead of a name they gave her an alias, "Geotaxis" and she stuck with it due to the accuracy of her powers versus the meaning. That certain element of mystery that seemed to enshroud her had become a key factor in the whole charade at playing hero, but what if she went beyond that? Now there was an idea worth considering. Most other heroes kept to themselves, shielding their identities beyond masks until the their very last days. That's where she was so different from other heroes. Firstly she wasn't much a hero at all in fact, only someone who played along with the whole charade because they were addicted to the fame and worth of the whole thing. Secondly she only wore the mask in the beginning because it really added to the whole aspect and truth be told she wasn't a fan of hiding just about any beautifully rare quality about herself to just about anyone. She wanted them to know who it was that they adored, to see her name light up in vibrant neon lights across buildings and to be praised as something she only thought herself deserving as to be.

It was strange to consider how things had come so far, with her playing at this game for not much longer then a year or so. What was a "hero" to do with a world that could only ever see her as such a thing and was to blind to realize there was so much more to her then that? For a while she had considered the worth of the whole thing, her means of always thriving to further improve her own life, always seeming to step into the picture before anyone else. Wasn't a hero suppose to do things for the people? Like hell she would. For her it was more of a matter of convenience, who was worth saving and when. She didn't just save anyone, always being much more calculative and twisted to think in that sort of light. With the ability to do practically anything she wanted, she could become this cities greatest hero and absolute worst villain it would ever no and no one would even consider that she was behind the whole thing from the very beginning. Instead she spent her free time dealing with silly little children that deemed themselves evil enough to act outside the jurisdiction of the law, not exactly the most amusing pass time..

Half these super villains were hardly even fit to hold themselves in a fight against her and still they went about trying to challenge her anyway. Truth be told the whole experience wasn't all that bad, it had it's ups and downs of amusement, as she had always taken a strange sort of sadist pleasure in humiliating and beating her opponents half to death. It didn't always end that way of course, sometimes she'd just kill them out right if she didn't feel that any further worth would come about them in the future and nobody would ever catch on to it. She was very good at making "accidents" happen at just the right time to cover up her involvement in murder and other things alike it. Already several people had died at her hands and no one even had the slightest clue that she had done it. Plus there was always some kind of media coverage over the really bad stuff and she couldn't ever say no to a camera, as she'd tell a story that had been written solely by her as the victor. She didn't intend to kill them, but sometimes she couldn't help herself from doing it simply due to the simplicity of the whole thing..

Today was alike the previous day, as the busy city seemed to skitter about on the tiny entrenched like streets below. To her they all looked like little ants down there, nervously scampering about to serve a sense of delight to their almighty queen who sat miles and miles above them on the edge of a skyscraper. She always loved the view from up here, but not only because everyone else was below her but because those two colossal news buildings that stood adjacent to her were paved with a wonderful reflective type of glass that had become one giant mirror for her to look at herself within. It wasn't unusual for her to hang out around here, but today she had a very special interview with the people in the news building only thirty minutes from now. It was that interview she had been waiting for, the one where she had considered revealing herself to the public to further her celebrity status amongst the common people and enhance her appraisal by the community. If she had their trust then they'd never doubt her right? And what better way to prove it then to show she had nothing to hide? Mask on, mask off, yada yada, it didn't matter she could still do the same things anyway.

For the most part everything seemed rather perfect on that particular day until the loud distant clamour of a city in distress gently crept up as a whisper that licked at her ear. Slowly she'd turn her head to the eastern part of the city, where clearly something was going on that was very much immoral in nature. At first she didn't care to go, barely turning a blind eye to the conflict below as her posture would tighten and she'd raise her chin in snobbish ignorance. That's when she realized the value of the whole circumstance. What if she did go and missed the interview? Wouldn't look good on her no doubt, but what if she had missed it because she were out there saving lives? Oh that was even better then what she had already had planned. They'd love her even more for taking pity on their pathetic poor souls!

Without another thought she was off, tumbling through the air like a star falling from the heavens above. Moments before she'd collide with the ground her body would enter a light hover as she'd speed off through the air like a bullet from a gun to meet the source of the disturbance. He wasn't hard to find as she'd come around the corner to the store he had chosen to make his battlement front. Such a poor choice of an environment to defend himself in, what with her ability to reroute the flow of gravity, she could have this entire small building collapsed within minutes but she wondered if her adversary already knew that.

As she'd slowly levitate into the doorway of the small building she'd slowly lay back in her hover, as if she were sitting on an invisible floating lounge chair just waiting to be entertained by the half wit that was making all this noise.

"My my.. Someone likes to throw temper tantrums around here.. If you wanted a candy bar you could have just asked some one for a dollar.."

Her voice rang out to her opponent as if she were mocking a child, but in a gentle scandalous tone that begged to say she didn't find his sort of handy work threatening whatsoever.

Growing tired of just standing and waiting for his prey to show up Jared lead the girl by her hand to a chair in the lobby. Turning it so it faced the door he sat and pulled the sobbing young woman onto his lap. "Now now my tender bud. I already told you that I would not harm you. There is no reason to still be crying. Come dry those tears." His deep voice held a caring note in it as he reached up and wiped away the tears from her flushed cheeks with his thumb. "You're far to pretty to be crying, so just calm yourself." His soothing words and actions were met with more trembling sobs. Sighing he decided to give up on comforting her. It was a lost cause now. The only reason she wasn't hysterical was because fear was paralysing her.

Though he said nothing more he continued to caress the girls auburn locks while his eyes stayed locked on the outside world. His patience was growing very thin, and even though he had a tight reign on his temper even he had his limits. It had been a very trying day for him. Most of the time he kept to himself and didn't bother anyone, there was no reason to. They were all below him. Never in his life could he remember getting sick, nor injured. After a while he decided to test this and did a swan dive from a twenty-second story window into the parking lot below. It hurt like hell on impact, but he walked away with nothing more than his hair being wind tossed and his clothes covered in dust from the broken asphalt.

The memory played behind his eyes as he continued to mindless caress his hostage's hair, and it wasn't until the mocking words of his prey did he come back to reality. Smiling he helped the girl out of his lap and stood behind her. Placing his hand on her ass he pushed her forward towards the door. "A man of my word like I said bud. You may now have your freedom." Watching as she shook in fear and stared back at him with her doe like eyes she sniffed loudly and nodded before running off on shaky legs. Watching her leave he smiled and shook his head. "Nice girl, she really had her head on straight. Most people would have freaked the fuck out in her situation." He spoke to himself still paying the floating beauty before him no heed until after the girl rounded the corner and left his sight.

Turning his eyes now to the main dish he clapped his hands together and gave Geotaxis a large welcoming smile. "It certainly took you long enough Madam Hero." He said in a shockingly non-taunting manner. "You see, if I wanted a candy bar," Reaching into he pocket he pulled out a fold of bills and tossed them aside. "I would have simply bought one. If I wanted the attention of that lovely young lady, I would have simply walked in here and gave her my most charming smile and asked her for dinner. But I didn't want those things. I wanted your attention, and what better way to get it than cause a commotion right here in the heart of your city." Slowly he began to walk towards her his welcoming smile and bright eyes nothing more than a mask of what truly laid inside his mind. "You see, your sudden rise to fame has me intrigued. I want to know how is it that some nameless bitch suddenly became a shining fucking star? It baffles me. I have read the papers and crime reports, watched your interviews and I have to say, I just don't how so many things just happen to work out for you."

Stopping ten feet from her his warm smile and gaze melted into a stoic expression. "I mean all the accidents that occur when you are around, the people that died because there was "no other way" the whole thing just feels like you look. Dirty. Trashy. Over the top, and all in all whorish." This time the smile that met his lips was venomous, as was the deadly glint in his emerald eyes. "I guess the reason I called you out was to find out if the greatest set of tits to hit spandex is all she is worked up to be. Sadly I am highly unimpressed with you little girl." The last two words came out more a sharp hiss from between his teeth than actual words. The dangerous look in his eyes only grew deeper, and filled with pure unadulterated hatred.

This wasn't the first time Jared had done this with a hero. Sadly for him though, most of them were actually decent people that truly believed their gift was something to be used for the greater good, and while he took pleasure in utterly crushing them and displaying their broken bodies for their adoring public to see he wanted more. He wanted to destroy a figure head of the people, not just physically, but completely. He wanted the people to see their shining light of hope snuffed out in as many ways as he could manage. Simply killing the hero would no longer suffice, he wanted. Needed to tear away all their notions that their hero was there to save them. That as long as she was there everything would be alright. He wanted them to all know despair and they would feel it vicariously through this woman in front of him.

"So little girl, what is it. Are you truly a force of good, or just a harlot soaking up the limelight?" Opening his arms he raised his shoulders and cocked his head to the side waiting for her answer, and hoping that it would please him. If not, he would just kill her and be on his way like he did with the others.

She'd be lying if she didn't say she was slightly surprised that all of this had been caused by the likes of one guy. She had seen a lot of things within the past year, but never had she seen someone go full psycho in broad day light and cause quite the little mess. Most people in this situation would feel scared or intimidated, as could be said about his little captive friend, but she only saw an opportunity to further enchance her sense of ego. It didn't matter whatever clever things he he had planned to say, as she hadn't really intended to stay around for very long. Part of her still really wanted to make that interview and sometimes she had a habit of overwhelming herself when it came to the concept of rewards. Oh what if she did both things in one day? They wouldn't stop talking about her for weeks! This was an absolutely great opportunity, despite his rather peculiar character, she couldn't ask for a more empty headed lunatic then the one in front of her. What was so special about him anyway? He had guns? Oh yeah, those were useful when you couldn't steady an accurate shot, not like he knew that already..

Well one way or another he was about to find out just what exactly it was that she were capable of. This was honestly the most amusing part, once she revealed what it was that was so particularly interesting about her character. If he was smart and did his homework, then he might have seen it coming but most villains were far to impatient for such things. Would she ever meet a truly clever and calculative villain? One that could match her own ego and looks as well? Oh one could dream. For now she had this sorry excuse for an average joe who apparently adored the idea of just wrecking up the place. She wasn't much of the sort to enjoy home wreckers, what with them trying to steal her spotlight and what have you by ruining just about everything in sight that they managed to get their hands on. Either way this building was going to come down by the end of their first encounter and there wasn't a sole thing he'd be able to do about it.

She'd bind her time, it was more fun that way. Instead of showing any obvious or notable signs of offence, she'd instead bite down on her lip softly and ponder on the possibilities of what this guys deal might be. He talked, she didn't listen and why would she? Either way it worked in her favour. He was distracting himself from the obvious impending danger around him and she'd only play off the forthcoming of his own impending doom as if nobody would ever see it coming. Those wonderfully gorgeous light blue eyes of hers had already slowly began to spiral into an ocean of cosmic ghostly white, as if her opponent were looking into the eyes of a soulless divine woman, rather then just one who had an adventurous choice of wardrobe. The irony behind her powers was quite fitting in fact, but he didn't know that quite just yet. There would be a soft crackle of dust fall from roof inches above his head as she'd only consider binding her time in crushing him like an insect for the sole sake of fulfilling her wild and greedy imagination and trying to amuse herself with the imagery of his undoing.

"Can I ask you a question.. No, Of course I can. Why do you bother talking, when no one will ever hear a damn thing you have to say? Oh I never understand that whole nonsensical banter you immorally dense insects always feel the need to parade about, like your on some kind of stage full of an audience of people who actually give damn."

Her own rebuttal seemed casual as the words slipped from those lustrous red lips of hers with gentle ease.

She bore not even a shred of fear in the presence of this man, whoever it was that he was. To her he served to be nothing more then a disturbance amongst her wildest fantasy and the sort that needed to removed quickly.

"Star quality I guess right.. Ha. Either way, what do you care- Oooh! Do you want an autograph? Aww, was all this really just for a scribble on a piece of paper? Oh that's cute."

Now she was just playing with him, mocking every sinister and cryptic point he had brought to the table and turning his hostile sense of engagement into nothing more then haughty child's play.

If he hand't gotten it by now, this was nothing more but a silly little game to her and it was starting to get just a little bit more fun then she had originally expected it to become. The whole time she'd keep her focus pinned on him, eyeing him down like a predator stalking its prey and he wouldn't have a clue in the world what was about to hit him..

Seeing that words would get him nowhere with her he dropped his arms an shook his head. "Sadly you are just another disappointment to me." He said his tone genuinely let down. "And I spent so much effort to find you and look into." Turning his back on her he walked back to the counter where he left his discarded pistols. Picking them up he looked them both over before turning back to face her.

"I know your powers have something to do with manipulation of gravitational fields around you, but what I want to know is are you bullet proof? Can your little power stop a projectile moving towards your head going roughly 2,500 feet per second? Can it stop multiple projectiles fired near simultaneously at that speed? And if it can not can you react faster than twice the speed of sound to dodge said projectiles?" Again his deadly smile spread across his lips.

"Seeing how slowly you got here I doubt you can dodge a bullet. So I am guessing that you will have to rely on your powers to stop them, or me from getting to you." He said lifting one of the pistols and aiming at her. "But what fun would it be to just shoot you dead like a normal person?" He asked dropping both guns. "No I am going to enjoy tearing you apart." His pink tongue slipped from between his lips and ran across them as he eyed her just as she did him. Like prey.

The thin smile on his face split into a truly devilish grin. Clinching his hands into tight fists he once again started walking towards her. So what if she could fly, with his enhanced strength came a few perks. He could run faster, jump higher, and hit harder than any regular human could ever hope for. He could run at a top speed close to 80 mph, hit with nearly 10,000 lbs of force, and jump nearly 25 feet high. If she ran he would catch her.

"Don't worry whore, it will only be the worst pain imaginable for a relativity short time." He said keeping his slow deliberate pace towards her. If he had to he could close the distance quickly, but he wanted to enjoy this while he had it before moving along again.

Banter banter banter, he still didn't get it, she wasn't listening. Instead of concerning herself with how he liked to vocally present himself, she'd only focus her attention on what it was he was doing. At first she was already guessing at how fast he'd jump to hostilities from the very second he showed up, but honestly she felt a tad bit surprised when she saw him go for the gun so early into their little engagement. Would he try and fire at her while she was hovering weightlessly not any further then several feet from him? Had he not realized that even if he tried to shoot her the moment those bullets entered the transparent zero gravity field around her, that they'd just float about aimlessly and lose their momentum? She couldn't recall how many times she had been shot in the past and the very same thing had happened, the whole experience of it being rather fascinating as much as it was amusing.

He looked so clueless with the way he stood there aiming the gun back at her and trying to insult her through his shallow attempts of vulgarity. It made her wonder what this was really all about in the end? Was he jealous of her or so scared of her that his only self defence was to throw on a face of frantic hostility? Either way she thought his attempt in insulting her was rather bland.

"You think this is the first time someone's called me out? What was make you so special hun? Wait, hold that thought, I just realized that I don't care."

Her words were too the point and brief, foreshadowing her next unsuspecting action. Suddenly the roof of the store would cave in, collapsing slowly at first and then plummeting down around him like concrete earth literally pouring from the sky. The entire interior of the store was collapsing and he'd have no more then a second to realize it before a thick quantity of derbies would come thundering down on his back and then all around him.

"Oops."

Was the only vocal statement he'd heard over the loud chaotic sounds of the walls and roof around him coming apart.

Of course she was always prepared for the effects of her own talents. She had never actually entered the store herself, only idealing within the door frame. She'd shift a few inches backward in her comfy stature of levitation as she'd watch the former store interior become nothing more then a pile of rumble in front of her. For several seconds there would be only silence that followed and then would come the distant sound of frantic concerned people all around her, as she'd slowly relieve herself of light hover and turn to face the crowds of scared people behind her. Slowly the sounds of scared confusion would twist into delighted sounds of ease as she'd raise but a single hand above her in the air and throw on a fake smile for her audience.

"The situation has been handled.. Unfortunately the psycho that caused this decided to go out with his own silent bomb. Rest easy, I am sure the police will be here momentarily."

Her voice would proudly call out as cheers would begin to roar around her and she'd lower her hand, before taking off into the sky hoping she'd still have enough time to make her interview. She always had a plan, even when it came to resorting to more obvious extremities in dealing with some of her opponents. Today the news would report about some nameless lunatic who decided to go postal and was finally put to a stop the moment she showed up and managed to subdue him within the confinements of his own trap gone tragically wrong.

The sound of cracking concrete was a little louder for Jared than for her being that he was directly under it. Also not to mention the dust that had raining down every so often. 'This bitch is going to drop this whole place on my fucking head. I guess she isn't as disappointing as I thought.' His sense of amusement was beginning to return to him. As the first pieces of debris fell Jared stepped back and let them hit the floor before kneeling down. The entire time his eyes never left Geotaxis. As more of the building crashed down around and on top of him he took the falling blows like they were nothing.

Hearing her "Oops" statement as he was getting buried he spoke aloud to himself. "Oops indeed." Staying in his kneeling position with several hundred pounds of concrete and steel on top of him he waited patiently for the right time to get out of the mess and hunt her down again. Though this time it would be only the two of them involved. He could still hear what was transpiring outside his personal little prison, her bullshit story amused him greatly. "Just a whore after the attention. Don't worry, I will make sure you are someone that is talked about for years to come bitch." Already ideas were forming in his twisted mind about how he was going to humiliate her in front of all those mindless sheep that flock to her false light.

After waiting half an hour Jared's boredom hit its limit, and his leg was starting to cramp from being in the same position for so long. Treating the rubble above him as though he was buried under a pile of pillows and not concrete he stood with ease. Shaking what dust he could from his hair while brushing off his shoulders and chest he looked at his clothes. "Damn it. I liked these clothes." He complained seeing the rips and holes now in both his shirt and pants. Walking out of the wreckage he looked around. The area had been blocked off and even the police had left for the moment. There was nothing they could do until a bomb squad and rescue units arrived, and there was no need to rush to dig out the remains of a psychotic man that shot up the city and 'blew himself up' along with the building.

Looking down the street in both directions he decided to go east. As he walked he whistled his upbeat little tune with his hands tucked into his pockets as though he didn't have a singe care in the world, which at the time he didn't. "Find a secondhand clothing store and get some new threads, grab a bite to eat, I may go see a movie, but that depends on what is playing. I should probably also get a room for the night, I'll worry about setting up a base of operation in the morrow." Speaking aloud to himself again he made up a to do list, Geotaxis was not even a blip on the radar in his mind. "But what do I want to eat?" Stopping dead in his tracks Jared pondered about his question for a moment before shrugging. "Fuck it, I'll figure something out." Looking around he just realized that he had walked into the flow of bodies that made the lifeblood of the city.

Tapping the shoulder of the closest person he was walking by they turned and gave him an "Eat shit and fuck off" look. "Excuse me. I am new to the area and I was wondering if there was anywhere good to eat near by?" Giving Jared a rather confused look now that he had asked them a question despite the look they gave him the man answered. "Well about three blocks down the street if you will come across a sandwich shop that makes a mean Rubin on Rye with homemade chips." "Ah, excellent, thank you sir." Picking up his pace he walked past the helpful citizen and down the street finding the restaurant with ease.

Going in he looked around and smiled, it was a nice little joint that had been around for a while from the looks of everything. Spotting a group of college aged kids he walked to their booth and pulled up a chair to the end of the table. Before anyone could speak Jared held up his hand. "I don't care to eat alone, and I am also new to the area, if you allow me to join you I will pay for everything." Upon hearing those magical words the looks of confusing and hostility instantly melted. "I'm new to the area and I was honestly pointed here by a stranger on the street, but I did see something quite incredible today, that hero lady, what is her name?" 'To easy.' He thought to himself as the table for four started to talk to him about Geotaxis and the sighting. Jared spent the next hour talking with them about their beloved Heroine and enjoyed his sandwich so much he ordered a second half way through their conversation. He also used them as a means to gather other information about the city, where he could get new clothes, what movies were in theaters, and where the closest one was.

After parting ways with the kids Jared took a cab to the closest clothing store, talking with driver about Geotaxis and her feats around the city. At the clothing shop he bought a couple pair of pants and some shirts, and again talked with the girl at the register briefly about his prey. The more he talked with people about her the more he discovered just how much the people blindly loved her, and just how conniving the woman was. She truly had them all eating out of the palm of her hand, but that would only make his plans for her downfall all the sweeter. Deciding that his initial encounter was enough for the day and he could find her later he continued with his game plan and caught a movie after which he checked into a hotel. It was still early in the evening and Jared wasn't ready to call it a night yet so he drew himself a bath and soaked in the over sized tub for an hour before deciding that sleep actually wouldn't be a bad thing after all. He always had tomorrow to explore more of the city and get a feel for the place and gather more info on his prey and her blindly devoted flock.

And just like that the problem had found its solution. Most people didn't feel the need to ask too many questions, what with the sort of amazing things they saw their glorious heroine capable of. The lunatic gun man that had decided to let loose his case of sick and twisted rampage had been snuffed out by the thick rumble of the shoddy cheap convenience store he had thought proper to make his more personal depute. The police came, conveyed the situation and tried to make sense of anything but really the only thing they'd conclude to was what she said prior to her exit to the news building. The whole situation had been the talk of the evening and it had amazed her to the point that she had totally forgot what she had been planning to do earlier on in the day. Instead of revealing herself on live television she instead let the appraisal of her efforts a few hours prior simply rain down on her for the rest of the day. This one small victory was enough for the day, what with he being given the location to that wonderfully expensive little suit she had be promised after the interview. Apparently they had taken it upon themselves to surprise her and gave her both one uptown and down town, though one still remained under heavy construction.

The wonderful songs of a lovely audience and equally amusing interviewer had stained her very memory for the entire evening and already she was beginning to forget what had happened earlier on. The only thing she could think about now was what to do with her new suite from the very minute she got there. Her imagination went wild the moment she left the new-station with the key and would quickly soar over to the location of her new favourite home. The journey was short as she'd find herself standing on balcony of her suite only several minutes later as she'd look over the silent dark city below, related it to that of the view of the news station uptown. This was truly a site to behold a marvel trophy amongst the long list of smaller gifts that the city have given her and she found herself only wanting more and more of it. After finding herself somewhat lost within the view of her new home, she'd turn her attention to the interior of the building, her eyes marvelling over the rich wallpaper and freshly pressed marble floors beneath her as she could only throw a sharp grin at the state of her expensive living room.

Now it was time for her to relax and take an ease off the pressure of a hard days work, if you could call it that? And what better way to do that then to enjoy the bitter sweet comforts of your new luxurious home. She'd slowly lounge back on the couch, letting her back embrace the soft comfortable cushions of the expense faux fur coach. With a single dis interesting shift of expression she'd reach over to the mask on her face and pull it from her eyes, throwing it on the expensive end table at her side. Slowly her eyes begin to bat away at the dismal of the mask as she'd always find herself moderately irritated with the idea of having to wear it in the first place. Now that she was comfortable she needed something to pass the time before she'd consider what sort of conflict she could get herself into tomorrow for the sole sake of adding to this little new favourite gemstone home of hers.

"On."

She'd command towards the large flat screen tv that was built into the wall across for her, as its picture would flicker on and ironically to the news channel.

She couldn't help but realize what was on the television as a gently grin formed at her still rosy lips. They were talking about what happened earlier, but it really wasn't much of a surprise. At first she didn't care much to listen to what the report on scene of the crime had to say, until she started babbling on about fire fighters playing about with the rumble of the store. Apparently no body was found and the mention of it caused that smart grin on her face to slowly slide away. How was that possible? He should have been crushed into dust? There was no possible way he could have escaped, unless he set her up? Suddenly she felt a huff of annoyance protrude through her lips as she'd ponder on about how that nobody from earlier could have walked away from that mess alive.

Honestly she wanted to imagine him bent and broken into pieces, even in the event that he had somehow survived, but she knew better then to hope for something more then once. He must have did something, something she over looked and that's when she considered the possibility that he might be someone alike her, who was more then what met the eye. The annoyance of it caused her to shift from her comfortable position as she'd sit on the edge of the couch, one of her legs gently sliding over the other to rest in gentle comfortable idle as her eyes glared vexed at the screen. Slowly she'd feel herself bit down on the base of her lower juicy lip as she'd gawk at a question she meant not to say out loud.

"What makes you so special..?"

The thought of not knowing drove her crazy for a while until she found losing touch with her sense of reality. Slowly she felt the air about the room thicken around her as she'd hear a faint distant shake of rumbling sound no more then several feet in front of her. Though she hadn't realized it, her anger had served to conspire up within her and gone unnoticed as suddenly the entire brand new tv would come flying from the wall and slam into the ground, breaking into a number of pieces. Those illusive white flares of mystery that drowned out her eyes quickly seemed to vanish seconds after she realized what she had done.

"Ugh.. That TV was brand new.. Oh well, guess I need to get another one..?"

She'd say to herself as she'd roll her eyes about in wicked dis-concern for the idea of Jared being alive somewhere, cleverishly crawling away from her once fool proof plan.

No matter, she'd figure out how to deal with him tomorrow, since she was sure he'd be out and ready for round two by then. Why bother with worrying about the whole thing anyway? Next time she'd just make sure to crush him instead of his environment to make sure that he didn't wiggle out of her grasp a second time. For now it was time to retire to the confinements of her incredibly comfortable king size bed.

Jared woke at exactly 6 a.m. without the aid of an alarm. His radiant green eyes focused on the ceiling above him for a moment before he blinked and sat up. The covers fell from his chest and pooled around his waist revealing his bare torso to the cool air. "Mmm. Good morning." He spoke to the empty room with a soft smile on his face. Sliding out of the bed he stretched completely naked beside it. Walking to the bathroom he grabbed the plush robe that hung on the door hook and slipped into it tying the sash loosely around his waist.

Opening the door he smiled down at the morning paper that waited outside his door. Picking it up he carried it back into the room and took a seat in the recliner. Opening the legs he crossed his ankles and opened the paper. No surprise to him his story was front page news. Reading over the story they only briefly mentioned the fact that his body wasn't found, the rest of the article was mindless dribble and thoughtless praises to their Heroine. After finishing the article he continued to read the entirety of the paper.

After finishing the paper Jared folded it neatly and lowered the leg rest of the recliner. Dropping the paper in the seat after he got up he walked across the room and grabbed the bag of clothes he bought the day before and put them on. A pair of faded blue jeans, steel toe work boots, and a green tee-shirt. Going to the bathroom he brushed his teeth and combed his hair back out of his face. Looking himself over once in the mirror he decided to use the provided razor and shave. After his shave he gave himself a wink in the mirror and walked out of the bathroom and then the room itself.

One his way out of the hotel he stopped at the service desk. "Excuse me sir, where is the best place to get breakfast around here, in your opinion of course." He asked the man behind the counter. "There is this nice little diner on the corner of Troxler and 9th, it's called Mel's. Best damn waffles you will ever taste." "Ok, so how do I get ot Troxler and 9th?" "Out the door and you are on 5th, go left four blocks and you will be on 9th, then turn right and go down about six or seven blocks and it will be on the left side of the street on the corner." "Thank you sir." Smiling and waving to the man Jared left the hotel and began his morning quest for breakfast.

It barely took him fifteen minutes to make his way to the diner. Going in he looked around and nodded in approval. The place was decorated in 50's style and the atmosphere was calm. Taking a seat in a booth in the corner he smiled to he older lady that came to his table. "Good morning sugar, my name is Susie and I'll be takin' care of ya this morning." She spoke in a sweet country accent that showed she wasn't originally from the area. "Good morning ma'am." "What can I get you to drink?" "I will take a large glass of whole milk, a glass of OJ, and I also have a question, what kind of fruit toppings do you have for your waffles? I was recommended to come here for your waffles." Susie smiled and laughed, a sound which brought a warmth to Jared causing him to smile as well.

"We have fresh strawberries, blueberries, banana's, spiced baked apples, and I think that is all the fresh fruit toppings we have at the moment." "Thank you, I know what I want now, I would like four of your waffles, each topped with one of the fruits, three eggs sunny side up, six strips of bacon and four sausage patties." Susie looked at Jared and eyed him up and down. "You're one of those types huh, eat your own body weight and never gain a pound." Jared smiled and rubbed the back of his head. "Yeah, that would be me." He admitted with a sheepish grin.

He didn't have to wait long or his food to arrive, the plates covered the entire table. Looking over his early morning feast he rubbed his hands together before grabbing his fork and knife and digging in. He took his time eating enjoying every heavenly bite. When Susie came over to ask how everything was she just shook her head and smiled at Jared who was busy stuffing his face with another bite of waffle. "Let me know if you need anything ok sugar." She said getting a wave and smile in response from Jared.

Sitting and eating in silence he couldn't help but overhear a table's conversation behind him. "Yeah, they didn't find the body, if he somehow escaped I hope that She finds him and finishes the job. A maniac like that deserves to be crushed." Swallowing his mouth full of food he thought about saying something but decided not to let them ruin his delicious breakfast. After finishing his breakfast he left a large tip, more than his bill behind.

Leaving the restaurant Jared looked up into the sunny sky and squinted against sunlight. "Now how do I get her attention this time?" Letting his gaze return to the earth he scanned around before his radiant eyes locked onto the perfect opportunity. Across the street from him was a news van. He could see a man pulling out equipment and setting up a shot. "Perfect." He said with a devious grin.

Walking across the street dodging traffic he walked up to the cameraman. "Excuse me sir, do these camera's have a live feed?" Stopping what he was doing and snapping his head in Jared's direction he looked annoyed and confused.
"What?"
"Do these camera's have a live feed?"
"Yeah, what about it?"
"I need you to go live for me, I have a message for someone."
"Uh, buddy it doesn't work that way."
"ERIC! WHAT THE HELL IS TAKING YOU SO GOD DAMN LONG!" A shrill, nasally female voice assaulted Jared's ears. Turning to the source of the voice Jared came eye to eye with a rather unappealing anchor woman staring him down. She was wearing entirely to much make up and perfume. "Does she realize that her audience cannot smell her?" He asked himself silently. The woman glared at Jared with dull brown eyes that burned with disgust.
"Who the fuck are you bub?"
"I'm J-"
"I don't give a fuck who you are bub, what the fuck are you doing wasting my time?"
"I ne-"
"Shut the fuck up asshole, get lost!"
That was the second time she cut him off and it pissed him off. The smile on his face fell away and his eyes narrowed. Without saying a word he stepped up to the woman and grabbed the front of her shirt and treating her like she weighed nothing more than a rag doll he flung her across the street. Her scream was cut short by the sound of shattering glass. Jared had threw her clear across four lanes of traffic and through a shop window.

Turning to face the camera man his glare was still set on his face. "Get me a live feed now. Please." He said in a forced calm. Staring in utter disbelief past Jared to the mess across the street. "Holy shit dude! You just threw her the fuck across the road!" "Yes I did and unless you want to same to happen to you or worse I suggest you go live right fucking now." Dropping all pleasantries and taking on a more menacing tone the cameraman jumped back in fear and nodded vigorously. Picking up the camera he set it to a live feed and pointed it at Jared.

Smiling brightly for the camera he turned the charm on in an instant. "Hello out there. I am sure none of you know who the hell I am, but there is one woman out there that should. So if you recognize my face, please come out to see me. I am.... Where the hell am I?" Jared's attention left the camera to focus on the cameraman. "Just give the people a shot of where we are." He said, and Eric nodded and did just that showing the buildings around them and even the street signs before focusing back on Jared. "Well I hope to see you soon sweetheart." He said blowing the camera a kiss and giving it a wink. "You can cut now." He said to Eric who did just that.

"Thank you for your time Eric, you may leave now. In fact I think it will be safer for you to leave. She is going to be epicly pissed when she gets here."
"Wh- who is?"
"Geotaxis of course. I am the one that survived her little temper tantrum. Now run along." Jared said shooing Eric away, and away he went. Just the thought of those two fighting was frightening enough to just imagine, forget witnessing it.

"Well I guess now I just wait." Taking a seat on a bus stop bench he waited for his prey to come to him once again, and this time he would level the field with her.

Back
Top Bottom